The Team: Operation R.A.I.N.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jinx, from Teen Titans!

Reactions: Mighty Roman
Awesome choice, @Ananfal. :) Now you just have to fill out the Character Sheet:

Character Name:
Universe of Origin: (Which series your character comes from):
Why they've been imprisoned: (Good Guys can be framed for a crime they didn't do,etc)
Short Character Biography:
Character Powers:
And finally, just a sentence saying 'I agree to the rules'. I know that you're all probably lovely people, but just in case.
The Game will begin very soon, after a couple of people sign up.

Hasn't it already started?

It has, but the CS will help bring in the background I'll need to know about the character (for storyline reasons). :)

No, no, I get making the CS, I just got confused because under the CS it said that the IC hasn't started yet.

It's not too late for my character to join, is it?

Reactions: Mighty Roman
Oh no, it's not too late-If anything, you've joined at the perfect time. :) A jumping on point I've made, considering how many new players have recently joined. The game's started-I just haven't updated the OP. :)

@Ananfal

Character Name:
Jinx, a.k.a. 'Lucky'

Universe of Origin:
Teen Titans

"How rude. Don't you know you never ask a girl her age?"

Why they've been imprisoned:
"Hmph. I suppose I better explain it to you dunderheads."
Jinx was a good guy at heart, but her powers were simply too strong to be kept free. At first, it was just something called a 'limiter', but bad luck (hehe) struck and the device broke. Afraid for her life and freedom, Jinx went on the run, using her bad luck powers to make sure that the government couldn't find her. But it couldn't last forever and one day her luck ran out (hehe). Now deemed a villain once more despite her actions in the past, Jinx was imprisoned in the highest security possible: The Box.

"Tch. How much do you really need to know? This is my life, you know."
Jinx, in her youth, was a villain in training at the Hive Academy, run by a lunatic who wanted to take over the world. Top of her class, she led a team known as the Hive Five which consisted of the top members of the school, and they committed crimes for anyone with enough money to hire them. Jinx also looked up to one of the main members of the Brotherhood of Evil, a group of adult villains, and is one of the reasons Jinx became a villain in the first place. However, Kid Flash, a hero, showed her that her powers don't only have to be used for evil. A betrayal by her role model in the Brotherhood further changes her mind, and Jinx reformed her ways and helped the heroes several times against the Brotherhood of Evil and the Hive Academy. However, her control over her powers was limited, and so accidents still happened, despite all of her good intentions. This, along with the fear and distrust given to her after her actions in her youth, were enough to turn her bitter and decide life was better off as a villain after all.

Character Powers:
"My powers? Well, today's your lucky day. Let me show you..."
Jinx was gifted/cursed with the ability to manipulate probability - or in simple terms, luck. She mostly uses it as bad luck, causing walls and floors to crumble, causing weapons to break and attacks to miss. However, she can also cause good luck, by finding lost objects, and increasing the chance of good things happening. Due to her stint at the Hive Academy, she is incredibly acrobatic and excels at hand to hand combat. When using her luck powers, her eyes glow purple and streams of purple-pink energy fly out of her hands and at the area affected.

jinx fan art.jpg jinx powers.jpg jinx quote.jpg jinx idiot quote.jpg

• Love
Reactions: 2 people
Alright, Jinx is in. :) I'm just writing the latest update-an agent of Sondreheim will teleport Jinx and Zim into the Cafe where the rest of The Team are currently stationed. So you can essentially start interacting with the people at the cafe. (Thuro Pendragon, BarrenThin, FireDrake150, TheBlueBurch and myself). :)

I hope you enjoy the game:
https://www.iwakuroleplay.com/threads/the-team-operation-r-a-i-n.110727/page-18

Reactions: Thuro 116 Pendragon
Is it too late for me to join? I would love to join as the Doctor's Daughter or something of that nature.

Not at all. The game is ongoing, and the host has created a jumping on point for new players (technically you can join at any time, but right now you won't be dropped into the middle of the action).

As a side note, was it Jen's badass animated banner that brought you here?

Character Name:
Robin Armona Tyler
Universe of Origin:
Doctor Who

large.gif
tumblr_m321s3hwWW1r99f4t.gif

tumblr_inline_n0492drC6G1rwwjc4.gif

1316232565873176.gif
Foto-Imogen-Poots-36.jpg
tumblr_mes2duY50U1r99f4t.gif
tumblr_m4p31fwnRk1r9ol4o.gif

1316202740691095.gif
tumblr_lzc9z0ahRQ1r9h42po1_r2_500.gif
tumblr_mtrdw7RUNC1sc85dgo1_500.gif
tumblr_m39tb5Ej8N1rurpq2o1_500.gif
tumblr_lo05ivGCDq1qak1cco1_500.gif

Robin was Fourteen when her father visited her mother. Blonde hair, Brown eyes, her mother was the perfect portrayal of beauty. Her father has Brown hair, Brown eyes. Well, at least that was what he had when she was born. Robin came out with Brown hair, and blue eyes. She was that way until she was four, when a case of Meningitis left her incapacitated and dying. She continued that way for two weeks when her organs shut down. Two hours after being pronounced dead, there was a phenomenon that occured inside the morgue body tray she was in. There was a flash of light, and screaming was heard from inside. After it stopped, the frightened Mortician opened the tray slowly, and inside was a girl with Blonde hair and Blue eyes. The girl had no traces of the autopsy, or the damage that was inevitable from the disease. She was, in fact, alive. The small body tray, although, had been on the worst side of it. There was burn marks, and the metal was bent in all directions. The Mortician was baffled, but since the girl was alive and indeed unharmed, he skeptically released her to her grieving mother. That was the first time her mother knew she was like her father. That she was different. Her mother didn't tell her it until she was seventeen, and then she went on a journey to find her father. Along the way, she took after her father and helped those in need from strange phenomenons or creatures trying to hurt others. She finally found him, and stayed with him for a year before returning home.
Personality:
Robin hasn't always been one of the good children. The ones that do their parent's bidding and get good grades in school. She's not exactly the one to be level-headed and calm.
She has always been one of the ones to look like they're good. She keeps up appearances and pretends to be the proper girl in her family's midst.
But if one looks past her facade, they might find that she's not exactly what she looks like.
She gravitates towards danger. She's a bit of an adrenaline junkie and she loves the thrill of fear. She's the type to walk across a highway, just to see if she can.
She has two voices in her head. Her 'Intelligent voice,' And her, 'Let's-jump-off-the-roof-because-why-the-hell-not?' Voice.
She's a bit of a firecracker, and when angered can be extremely volitale. Otherwise, she's a sweetheart and usually the one to crack a bad joke.
She's had quite a bad time with breakups, one always ending rockier than the last. She's had trouble controlling her feelings, and when she gets angry she has a hard time holding things in. If she does say something rude or hurtful, she'll immediately feel sorry, but sometimes her pride gets in the way of her apologizing.
She's extremely stubborn. So if she believes she's right, the worst thing to do would be say she isn't.
Other:
Dancing in the rain, getting into dangerous situations. Feeling the thrill of the chase.
Dislikes:
Boring things. Boring people. Boring foods. Boring situations. Boring.
Strengths:
She's intelligent, and strong, Emotionally and physically. When she was little she was in Gymnastics and Ballet, and continued that up until she was fourteen. She has good upper-body strength, and once when dared she beat a college student at arm-wrestling.
She has a sharp tongue and doesn't take kindly to bullies. She will often take younger people under her wing and show them how to take care of themselves.
She's pretty, and can use that to her advantage at times.
Weaknesses:
She has a big heart, but she will constantly put herself in danger for the thrill. She says, If you don't have that holy-shit-I'm-gonna-die feeling at least once a week, You're not living.
She will more often than not, get herself stuck in traps or life-threatening danger. Although, even though she ends up getting out of them, she's had some pretty close calls.
She lives in the moment, and rarely ever plans ahead. She prefers life being a rollercoaster, and going with her impulses. Most times she can get herself into the strangest of scenes. One time, she ended up across the state.
Other Information:
Talents:
She's Intelligent.
She's flexible. Which has helped her get out of tight spaces more than once.
She's strong.
She's pretty, which sometimes she can use to her advantage.
Inabilities:
To sit still. She's very hyper and in boring situations she will become bored and fidget.
She named her favourite knife Buffy.
Character Powers:
Robin, was in fact, not a full time-lord but half time lord. But, she was concieved in the TARDIS, and that minor but major detail makes up for the holes in her DNA. Because she was concieved in the TARDIS, she has the full abilities and powers of a Time Lord, such as the Doctor himself.
She is able to Regenerate.
Explained:
Regeneration was the process by which Time Lords and others renewed themselves, causing a complete physical and often psychological change. It could happen because of severe illness, or injury.
It could also be invoked by choice, whether voluntary or involuntary.
Conversely, regeneration could be prevented by choice, although failure to regenerate from fatal damage was essentially an act of suicide.
She, like most Time Lords, is Telepathic by touch. She is able to access a mind through touch, but since she has not been able to learn how to enter a mind without touch, or enter a mind even when it is not voluntary for the other person.
Explained:
Telepathic contact was a Time Lord ability to form a telepathic link between multiple minds for high-speed conversations and decision-making. The ability was used by different incarnations of the Doctor or two versions of the same incarnation from different points in time.
It was also possible between two different Time Lords, as well as between a Time Lord and a human, enabling one to erase the memories of another. Once contact was made, knowledge gained by one mind was immediately shared with the others.
However, it was possible for a skilled telepath to monitor the minds of others without being detected. Some species and individuals could use their telepathy at a distance, but some needed to be in close proximity and others needed to touch the subject they wished to "read".
Time Lords, for example, tended to be touch-telepaths, but weren't always limited in this fashion.
Psychic connection with the TARDIS:
She also has the ability to connect with the heart of the TARDIS. The two are connected, as once on her travels with the Doctor, she looked into the heart of the TARDIS. She is not aware this even happened, but in certain circumstances she has been 'inhabited' by the heart of the TARDIS. She has no memories of these moments, and her body will be extremely weak after being inhabitated by the heart of the TARDIS.
Because of her need for danger, she accidentally got herself involved with a group of people trying to take over the world. She had originally planned to destroy them from inside, but got caught up as they were actually luring her so they could destroy her.
They decided the only way she could be out of the way was killing her, (Of course, that wouldn't work.) Or getting her locked up in a multiversal prison. (Yeah, that one worked.)
She treats life as a game, and is quite different than her father. She runs towards danger, not away from it. She could eventually end up permanently dead, but with her mother's wits and her father's brain, that's going to be hard to do.
With her out of the way, the groups of criminals have closed onto earth, and the only person stopping them is her father and a group of his former companions.
Terms Of Service:
And finally, just a sentence saying 'I agree to the rules'. I know that you're all probably lovely people, but just in case.
I agree to the rules.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: 2 people
Character Name:
Robin Armona Tyler
Universe of Origin:
Doctor Who

large.gif
tumblr_m321s3hwWW1r99f4t.gif

tumblr_inline_n0492drC6G1rwwjc4.gif

1316232565873176.gif
Foto-Imogen-Poots-36.jpg
tumblr_mes2duY50U1r99f4t.gif
tumblr_m4p31fwnRk1r9ol4o.gif

1316202740691095.gif
tumblr_lzc9z0ahRQ1r9h42po1_r2_500.gif
tumblr_mtrdw7RUNC1sc85dgo1_500.gif
tumblr_m39tb5Ej8N1rurpq2o1_500.gif
tumblr_lo05ivGCDq1qak1cco1_500.gif

Robin was Fourteen when her father visited her mother. Blonde hair, Brown eyes, her mother was the perfect portrayal of beauty. Her father has Brown hair, Brown eyes. Well, at least that was what he had when she was born. Robin came out with Brown hair, and blue eyes. She was that way until she was four, when a case of Meningitis left her incapacitated and dying. She continued that way for two weeks when her organs shut down. Two hours after being pronounced dead, there was a phenomenon that occured inside the morgue body tray she was in. There was a flash of light, and screaming was heard from inside. After it stopped, the frightened Mortician opened the tray slowly, and inside was a girl with Blonde hair and Blue eyes. The girl had no traces of the autopsy, or the damage that was inevitable from the disease. She was, in fact, alive. The small body tray, although, had been on the worst side of it. There was burn marks, and the metal was bent in all directions. The Mortician was baffled, but since the girl was alive and indeed unharmed, he released her to her grieving mother. That was the first time her mother knew she was like her father. That she was different. Her mother didn't tell her it until she was seventeen, and then she went on a journey to find her father. Along the way, she took after her father and helped those in need from strange phenomenons or creatures trying to hurt others. She finally found him, and stayed with him for a year before returning home.
Personality:
Robin hasn't always been one of the good children. The ones that do their parent's bidding and get good grades in school. She's not exactly the one to be level-headed and calm.
She has always been one of the ones to look like they're good. She keeps up appearances and pretends to be the proper girl in her family's midst.
But if one looks past her facade, they might find that she's not exactly what she looks like.
She gravitates towards danger. She's a bit of an adrenaline junkie and she loves the thrill of fear. She's the type to walk across a highway, just to see if she can.
She has two voices in her head. Her 'Intelligent voice,' And her, 'Let's-jump-off-the-roof-because-why-the-hell-not?' Voice.
She's a bit of a firecracker, and when angered can be extremely volitale. Otherwise, she's a sweetheart and usually the one to crack a bad joke.
She's had quite a bad time with breakups, one always ending rockier than the last. She's had trouble controlling her feelings, and when she gets angry she has a hard time holding things in. If she does say something rude or hurtful, she'll immediately feel sorry, but sometimes her pride gets in the way of her apologizing.
She's extremely stubborn. So if she believes she's right, the worst thing to do would be say she isn't.
Other:
Dancing in the rain, getting into dangerous situations. Feeling the thrill of the chase.
Dislikes:
Boring things. Boring people. Boring foods. Boring situations. Boring.
Strengths:
She's intelligent, and strong, Emotionally and physically. When she was little she was in Gymnastics and Ballet, and continued that up until she was fourteen. She has good upper-body strength, and once when dared she beat a college student at arm-wrestling.
She has a sharp tongue and doesn't take kindly to bullies. She will often take younger people under her wing and show them how to take care of themselves.
She's pretty, and can use that to her advantage at times.
Weaknesses:
She has a big heart, but she will constantly put herself in danger for the thrill. She says, If you don't have that holy-shit-I'm-gonna-die feeling at least once a week, You're not living.
She will more often than not, get herself stuck in traps or life-threatening danger. Although, she ends up getting out of them, she's had some pretty close calls.
She lives in the moment, and rarely ever plans ahead. She prefers life being a rollercoaster, and going with her impulses. Most times she can get herself into the strangest of scenes. One time, she ended up across the state.
Other Information:
Talents:
She's Intelligent.
She's flexible. Which has helped her get out of tight spaces more than once.
She's strong.
She's pretty, which sometimes she can use to her advantage.
Inabilities:
To sit still. She's very hyper and in boring situations she will become bored and fidget.
She named her favourite knife Buffy.
Character Powers:
Robin, was in fact, not a full time-lord but half time lord. But, she was concieved in the TARDIS, and that minor but major detail makes up for the holes in her DNA. Because she was concieved in the TARDIS, she has the full abilities and powers of a Time Lord, such as the Doctor himself.
She is able to Regenerate.
Explained:
Regeneration was the process by which Time Lords and others renewed themselves, causing a complete physical and often psychological change. It could happen because of severe illness, or injury.
It could also be invoked by choice, whether voluntary or involuntary.
Conversely, regeneration could be prevented by choice, although failure to regenerate from fatal damage was essentially an act of suicide.
She, like most Time Lords, is Telepathic by touch. She is able to access a mind through touch, but since she has not been able to learn how to enter a mind without touch, or enter a mind even when it is not voluntary for the other person.
Explained:
Telepathic contact was a Time Lord ability to form a telepathic link between multiple minds for high-speed conversations and decision-making. The ability was used by different incarnations of the Doctor or two versions of the same incarnation from different points in time.
It was also possible between two different Time Lords,
as well as between a Time Lord and a human, enabling one to erase the memories of another. Once contact was made, knowledge gained by one mind was immediately shared with the others.
However, it was possible for a skilled telepath to monitor the minds of others without being detected. Some species and individuals could use their telepathy at a distance, but some needed to be in close proximity and others needed to touch the subject they wished to "read".
Time Lords, for example, tended to be touch-telepaths, but weren't always limited in this fashion.
Psychic connection with the TARDIS:
She also has the ability to connect with the heart of the TARDIS. The two are connected, as once on her travels with the Doctor, she looked into the heart of the TARDIS. She is not aware this even happened, but in certain circumstances she has been 'inhabited' by the heart of the TARDIS. She has no memories of these moments, and her body will be extremely weak after being inhabitated by the heart of the TARDIS.
Because of her need for danger, she accidentally got herself involved with a group of people trying to take over the world. She had originally planned to destroy them from inside, but got caught up as they were actually luring her so they could destroy her.
They decided the only way she could be out of the way was killing her, (Of course, that wouldn't work.) Or getting her locked up in a multiversal prison. (Yeah, that one worked.)
She treats life as a game, and is quite different than her father. She runs towards danger, not away from it. She could eventually end up permanently dead, but with her mother's wits and her father's brain, that's going to be hard to do.
With her out of the way, the groups of criminals have closed onto earth, and the only person stopping them is her father and a group of his former companions.
Terms Of Service:
I agree to the rules.
I'm not the most familiar with Doctor Who lore. Is this a canon character or an OC? I know the Doctor had one daughter, kind of....

I see that there are nineteen pages of IC that have already been done. Where can I jump in? And, what has already happened?

I'm not the most familiar with Doctor Who lore. Is this a canon character or an OC? I know the Doctor had one daughter, kind of....
OC. He did have a daughter, but Robin is not her. In the show, The Doctor and Rose never got together as far as I know, and she got trapped in another dimension. But, for the sake of this roleplay, that never happened and The Doctor got Rose (Robin's mother) Pregnant. Therefore, A Robin was born.

OC. He did have a daughter, but Robin is not her. In the show, The Doctor and Rose never got together as far as I know, and she got trapped in another dimension. But, for the sake of this roleplay, that never happened and The Doctor got Rose (Robin's mother) Pregnant. Therefore, A Robin was born.
Cool. It should be accepted I think. We've just never had an OC before so I don't know what Roman had in mind exactly.

Reactions: CookieMonster
Well, the first thing is that The Team isn't a singular game. It fits into the Singularity universe which I created a while back. It connects to my game, which was called Parasite. Basically it introduced several things, the first of which was the titular Parasite, a nanocell that could infect all forms of life, both organic and mechanical. The other things it introduced were two factions, one simply called The Organization, and the other Tri-Hex.
They have conflicting interests, although both of them share the same objective. Stop the Parasite, which is infecting the known multiverse and overtaking all life.
Little is known about Tri-Hex, other than the fact that Crichton used to work for them, and that he still has friends on the other side of the line.
The Organization are the people that control the Box, and created the Team.
At then end of Parasite I Crichton was dumped into space and taken to the Box. He is currently one the Team's most useful tools, as well as the most unstable.

So as for what happened. There has been two missions thus far.

The Team was sent on a mission to retrieve a Regeneration Matrix. Things quickly went FUBAR. Crichton was contacted by a future version of himself, and Saffron and the Team was forced to kill a Dalek version of Mal, from the future with Crichton. They were given an ominous warning about the future, but I'll compile all that stuff later on for you.
The Team's handler was killed, and was replaced with a woman named Rachel. She claims to know Crichton from way back, and was tortured and experimented on by a scientist that the Team is later sent to kill.

They are directly sent on mission two, and split into two groups. Victor Kresnik and Saffron are sent to infiltrate a politicians home and find out what he knows about Project Rain (not going to type out the acronym every time I say it).

Crichton and another character that has been forgotten because the player quit were sent to a laboratory to meet with a scientist name Janya.... something or other. The politicians daughter. A cult attacks (kind of random it seemed like at first, but it turns out there is a reason).

Saffron and Victor carry the politician to the lab (they were a short drive to each other). The cult leader has made his way inside, and Rachel is willing to trade him the lab for keeping the politician. That was working until Rachel wanted to kill Janya because she was the one that experimented on her in the past. Crichton didn't like that. As is his tradition, he pulled his gun and escalated things, threating to attack the Team if they killed Janya. A short firefight broke out between him and Kresnik, which sort of ended in a tie. Janya was killed, and Crichton, in vengeance and in self defense, opened an unstable wormhole, from which the radiation would liquefy everyone in the room, excluding him. Of course Kresnik would kill him as his last act, so it was kind of a suicide move for all of them.
Crichton was going to leave them all there to die, until he saw Saffron. The two of them had a sort of herky jerky relationship up until then, but he couldn't leave her there to die, so he closed the wormhole, the feedback from the event sending him into a coma.

That is the second to last post.

Also, some backstory that Roman has revealed.

This variation of the Team isn't the first one. In 1991 there was another Team composed of Imperfect Cell, Boba Fett, Tauriel, Nate Grey, and Bernice Summerfield. They are all currently dead, except Summerfield.
Cell was killed by The Organization, and Bernice left to join Tri-Hex. She is currently using Ace as a sort of spy on The Team.
Imperfect Cells DNA was used as the basis for Janya's experiments.
Also, according to Future John Crichton R.A.I.N. isn't an acronym, its a list.

Its imperfect and unedited, but almost all that has happened.

• Love
Reactions: CookieMonster
Well, the first thing is that The Team isn't a singular game. It fits into the Singularity universe which I created a while back. It connects to my game, which was called Parasite. Basically it introduced several things, the first of which was the titular Parasite, a nanocell that could infect all forms of life, both organic and mechanical. The other things it introduced were two factions, one simply called The Organization, and the other Tri-Hex.
They have conflicting interests, although both of them share the same objective. Stop the Parasite, which is infecting the known multiverse and overtaking all life.
Little is known about Tri-Hex, other than the fact that Crichton used to work for them, and that he still has friends on the other side of the line.
The Organization are the people that control the Box, and created the Team.
At then end of Parasite I Crichton was dumped into space and taken to the Box. He is currently one the Team's most useful tools, as well as the most unstable.

So as for what happened. There has been two missions thus far.

The Team was sent on a mission to retrieve a Regeneration Matrix. Things quickly went FUBAR. Crichton was contacted by a future version of himself, and Saffron and the Team was forced to kill a Dalek version of Mal, from the future with Crichton. They were given an ominous warning about the future, but I'll compile all that stuff later on for you.
The Team's handler was killed, and was replaced with a woman named Rachel. She claims to know Crichton from way back, and was tortured and experimented on by a scientist that the Team is later sent to kill.

They are directly sent on mission two, and split into two groups. Victor Kresnik and Saffron are sent to infiltrate a politicians home and find out what he knows about Project Rain (not going to type out the acronym every time I say it).

Crichton and another character that has been forgotten because the player quit were sent to a laboratory to meet with a scientist name Janya.... something or other. The politicians daughter. A cult attacks (kind of random it seemed like at first, but it turns out there is a reason).

Saffron and Victor carry the politician to the lab (they were a short drive to each other). The cult leader has made his way inside, and Rachel is willing to trade him the lab for keeping the politician. That was working until Rachel wanted to kill Janya because she was the one that experimented on her in the past. Crichton didn't like that. As is his tradition, he pulled his gun and escalated things, threating to attack the Team if they killed Janya. A short firefight broke out between him and Kresnik, which sort of ended in a tie. Janya was killed, and Crichton, in vengeance and in self defense, opened an unstable wormhole, from which the radiation would liquefy everyone in the room, excluding him. Of course Kresnik would kill him as his last act, so it was kind of a suicide move for all of them.
Crichton was going to leave them all there to die, until he saw Saffron. The two of them had a sort of herky jerky relationship up until then, but he couldn't leave her there to die, so he closed the wormhole, the feedback from the event sending him into a coma.

That is the second to last post.

Also, some backstory that Roman has revealed.

This variation of the Team isn't the first one. In 1991 there was another Team composed of Imperfect Cell, Boba Fett, Tauriel, Nate Grey, and Bernice Summerfield. They are all currently dead, except Summerfield.
Cell was killed by The Organization, and Bernice left to join Tri-Hex. She is currently using Ace as a sort of spy on The Team.
Imperfect Cells DNA was used as the basis for Janya's experiments.
Also, according to Future John Crichton R.A.I.N. isn't an acronym, its a list.

Its imperfect and unedited, but almost all that has happened.
A Dalek. Oh my.

Robin is in @CookieMonster. I . absolutely love the idea of her, and I really like the detail you put into the character. Plus, as I mentioned in the OP, OCs are allowed. :)

Just jump into the cafe scene, where Ananfal, FireDrake150, TheBlueBirch, are.

@Mighty Roman Should you post first then have Robin come in, or should Robin come in and then you post? Because me and @TheBlueBurch already posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.