Invitation Status
  1. Looking for partners
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per day
  2. Multiple posts per week
  3. One post per week
  4. Slow As Molasses
Online Availability
On fairly regularly, every day. I'll notice a PM almost immediately. Replies come randomly.
Writing Levels
  1. Adept
  2. Advanced
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Primarily Prefer Male
  2. No Preferences
Genres
High fantasy is my personal favorite, followed closely by modern fantasy and post-apocalyptic, but I can happily play in any genre if the plot is good enough.
Several people had gathered in a small circle in the middle of a little clearing surrounded by giant trees. A faint breeze bent the tops of the tallest trees, while the sun beat down on a seemingly insignificant part of the jungles of Myanmar. However, if the crowds of people who had gathered at the edges of the small clearing were any indication, this space was far more significant than someone looking down from above might guess. Buried among the trees were army-green tents, and the occasional glimpse of ancient, moss-covered stone.

The people in the circle were mumbling quietly, and a light was beginning to glow in the space between them. The wind picked up, tugging at strands of hair and the hems of clothes as the light grew brighter and brighter, until the onlookers were forced to turn away to save their eyes. As abruptly as it had begun, the wind came to a complete halt, and there was a crisp snap that echoed through the clearing. The trees shook.

Standing in the middle of the circle, which had been filled by bright light only a few moments before, were three people. Two of them were men in crisp, black suits. They immediately locked gazes with the people who had formed the circle, who bowed their heads deferentially and stepped back, breaking the ring. One of the men stepped forward, while the other moved backwards, placing himself at the back of the third person.

Their client was a graceful woman, entirely clothed in white. Despite the purity of her clothes, they were practical for a jungle expedition. Heavy hiking boots, thick pants, and a long sleeve white shirt. The two things that didn't quite fit in, though, were the tall white gloves that went all the way up to her elbow, and a sheer silk veil that covered her face, and ran over her chest and back, before finally melding into her shirt at her waist. Although it was just possible to make out her face through the veil, not a single inch of skin was exposed to the air. The wind returned once more, but despite the rustle of the trees and the fluttering of her bodyguards' hair, the veil held perfectly still, as though protected from the gusts.

The woman didn't seem to acknowledge the people around her, but she and her bodyguards both stepped out in time, heading for the edge of the clearing where a man in a red robe stood watching. She didn't speak until she was standing right in front of him. Only then did her head nod slightly.

"Khun Tha Zeya." Her voice was soft and melodic, but still clearly audible.

"Lady Celia Lane," Mr. Zeya offered in return. "I'm glad you are here."

"It's my pleasure," Celia replied politely, but her attitude seemed to say she was not much interested in small talk. Her next words only served to reinforce that impression. "Show me the entrance."

Mr. Zeya bowed slightly, before turning to walk off into the trees. Celia's bodyguards stepped forward first, one of them holding a branch to the side to allow the woman to step through without brushing up against the leaves.

They didn't travel far beyond the edge of the clearing before coming to a massive stone arch. Despite the fact that it was standing alone in the woods, not connected to any walls or passageways, it was just possible to see entirely different scenery through the center of the arch. However, the entire thing seemed blurred, as though there was some barrier separating those on one side of the arch from whatever waited on the other side.

Celia studied the archway carefully, before turning to look at Mr. Zeya. "And you still haven't found a way through the barrier?"

"If we had," there was something slightly forced in the man's tone. "We wouldn't have paid the frankly exorbitant fee to bring you here."

Celia laughed, her head inclining slightly. "A fair point," she agreed. "Although it was still necessary for me to confirm." She studied the arch for a few minutes more, before nodding once, sharply. "Very well, Khun Zeya. You may leave. I'll send Ryan to get you when I find something."

The red-clothed man hesitated for a moment, before finally nodding. "Let me know if you need anything. Best of luck, Lady Lane."

As soon as the man vanished back through the trees, Celia seemed to relax somewhat. The mysterious and elegant air about her seemed to all but vanish, and she lifted a hand to wipe at her face through the veil. "Goodness, it is hot here," she complained to one of her bodyguards. But then her hand lowered, and she was all business again. "Sean, set up a barrier, please."

One of the bodyguards nodded, before his hands lifted up from his sides. A faintly blue light began to glow between his fingers, before spreading outwards in a bubble to surround both him and Celia. When the barrier was fully enclosed, Celia nodded, before carefully taking off one of her gloves. "Let's take a look then, shall we?" she asked cheerfully, before resting her hand against the old, stone arch.