The Talented

Status
Not open for further replies.
When they finally stopped torturing Hailey and released her she could hardly move without waves of pain. She was told to go to the cafeteria, but she was anything but hungry right now, plus she didn't know where the cafeteria was. Instead, she headed slowly back to her cell. When she finally reached it she collapsed onto the thin cot with a groan.

"Well Kian, I'm more worried about you than me. You're a new...specimen to carve up and explore. I've been here for two years...and yet I still havent let them find out much." Kia muttered keeping their uncommon eyes locked before wincing at the memory of the first time the doctors tried exploratory surgery. They'd given her a drug but they didn't put it in her heart so she woke up five minutes later screaming as they cut open her torso over and over because the wound kept sowing itself back together. All she saw was blood. It was only because of blood loss that she finally passed out.

((How do you pronounce Kian. Like Key-an or kIan?))

He smiled again but the smile slowly left his face as he saw a doctor make his way over to the girl and begin to cut at her. Kian not knowing that she had powers began to panic and began trying to get out of the cuffs "Stop it" he yelled at them his yellow eyes a duller colour than before.
Two guards rushed over to him and pinned him down saying "It's your turn next mutt".

Dr. Snow came in without a word. She glared at him and whimpered as he slid a scalpel along her arm elbow to wrist. He didn't leave the knife inside, so it healed quickly, letting only a very small puddle of blood to form beneath it. The white haired man ignored Kian's protest and spoke only to Kia. "Remarkable...What did we tell you about attitude? Kia, you've got to listen more often." He said calmly, lifting her shirt and tearing open her pale stomach with a twist to her intestines. Kia shrieked and squirmed, sending worried glances at Kian beside her. The medical tool stayed inside her body and the skin healed around it, but she kept bleeding internally until Dr. Snow felt she had been punished enough. Which she suspected wouldn't be anytime soon

"Oh, you're back." Hunter said, facing towards Hailey.

He managed a smile. "I know it wasn't as expected, but it's okay. I'm pretty sure it's the worst it can get. Now, just relax until they do that again..." Hunter gained a shiver from the thought.

She jumped when she heard Hunter, and turned to face him with a wince. "Hopefully they wont." She replied in a hoarse voice. "They didn't hurt you too badly, did they?" She looked him over. She pulled her knees up to her chest and wrapped her arms around them. "Do they do that...every day?" She asked hesitantly. She really hoped not.

Hunter shook his head. "No, it was new for me."

Hunter shrugged. "They said they needed a more mental Talent... probably for more testing. But, like I said, just relax and sleep."

She shook her head. "No, I don't want to sleep." She said. "I'd probably just have nightmares." She glanced around, then frowned. "Hey, where's Kia and Kian?" She aked him. "have they not come back yet?" She twisted her hands. "I do hope they're alright."

For a good long while, Scarlet had been hearing a lot of noises scuffling about from the other side of the wall of her white room. Sounds of struggle and voices that she has never heard of. She raised her head slightly, wondering what was happening outside and what could be making those noises

However, as if to quell her curiosity, the loud speaker voice from the back of the room spoke once again.

"Do not fret your little head over those… disturbances, 02. They are not worth of your time and trouble right now." It said coldly. "Do not worry, we will call on you when we need you the most."

Scarlet remained as silent as ever as she listened to those words. Then, after the sounds had died down and silence settled in once again, she hung her head back down again.

"I… see…"

(( One day has passed and already 40 replies has blown past me. You guys work fast. :o ))

Kian struggled to get free of the cuffs that were holding him down on the table they had begun to hurt his hands and he wanted nothing more than to be free of them.
After a while he turned his attention to another doctor who had walked in and was moving t towards him with an evil grin in his face.

The doors of the rubber-coated cell slid open. "Be good this time," the harsh voice of a guard barked. Alex grinned innocently at him, but said nothing. He even let the guard smack him in the back of the head. The blind boy sighed as he walked slowly down the halls. There was something about the whole facility that made navigating a bit muddy. With that being said, the test rooms were a lot of fun. Any time they hooked up Alex to something powered by electricity, he could almost see as if he had eyes. Then he'd usually make the machines short-circuit. It wasn't until a few months ago that they figured out how his powers worked. It was all Alex's fault, anyways. He blew up a machine, then flung bolts of lightning all over the room. They tossed him in a rubber cell and left him there. It would have been easy to leave, had it not been for 02.

He continued wandering about, slowly and without an objective. His journey lasted for almost two hours before he stopped, sensing some electric currents, and hearing the screams of two Talents. He smirked. "It would be a shame if those machines quit working," he said quietly to himself. On the other side of the wall, the titanium restraints holding down Kian suddenly sparked and burst open. He couldn't help the other kid get free, but several other machines in the room started sparking. Alex chuckled and continued on his way. It wouldn't be good for him to be around after the chaos was sorted out. He continued on his way, walking aimlessly down the halls...

Kian looked down at the cuffs that held him down and was shocked that they had suddenly let go of his wrist. The doctor who was walking towards him had stopped and looked around the room quite shocked.
Kian stood up his head still sore from the dart but he was not going to show the doctor his weakness. He began to walk over to him a low growling began to fill the room, " unlock the door" Kian said to him and the doctor ran over to the large door and began to unlock it.
The door swung open and the doctor ran out the door and down the hall.

Kia's breathing was shallow as she tried to keep from moving too much. The scalpel in her stomach was sheer agony and it was all she could do to watch what was happening around her. Kian was freed somehow and he'd easily let Dr. Snow of the mistake he'd made in putting them in the same room. Having had experience with his kind before, she knew this wasn't the end. He'd be punished for that. Severely. But that's only if they catch him. Right then was when Kia realized she was never getting out. No amount of willpower or rebellious acts would ever get her out alone. So she decided to do something very selfless.
"Dr. Snow won't be gone for long." Kia grunted, gritting her teeth against the pain in her abdomen. She met Kian's bright eyes. "Grab the scalpel in my stomach..then run. Get the hell out of here." Kia breathed, wincing hard as she bled from the inside.

The sound of footsteps started to thunder from the direction of the doorway, followed by the loud, clumsy noise of a metal door being unlocked. However, Scarlet would've paid it no other mind, as she knew that it is not anything that concerns her…

Until the speaker behind her came into life once again and addressed her with the following words.

"Time to work, 02. Do not disappoint us."

Scarlet remained motionless for a while as the cryptic message that the voice had given her sinks in. It wasn't, by any chance, an extraordinary occurrence, as she has been given the same command before, ever since she was placed in this kind of duty. In fact, she has already lost count on how many times she has been made to answer their call.

Then, slowly, she stood up from her seat. At the door, two men in white uniforms, armed with stun and tranquilizer guns, were waiting for her. Taking her approach as a sign of her assent, they nodded to each other and stood aside to let her through. Scarlet passed through them without a word, her small lithe feet picking up the pace as she wandered along the hallway, heading towards the place where she could feel the shadows are most active.

It was time, yet again, for her to prove her worth.

Kian ran over to Kia and began to untie the leather straps around her wrists then moving his hand over to the scalpel that was in her stomach, he took it out quickly not sure if it would hurt her or not. "Can you run" he asked her as he helped her sit up on the cold metal table, he was constantly turning his head to check if any more guards had arrived as he knew it would not be long.
Kian walked over to the door and began to pear out of it he expected to see a few guards but there was nothing coming down the hall yet.

At first Kia thought he was going to take her up on her offer because he didn't say anything, but when he started undoing her straps she frowned and squealed as he pulled out the scalpel around the healed skin of her stomach. Her insides were healing rapidly as he pulled her to a sitting position and asked her if she could run. Kia groaned as her intestines righted themselves and her blood redirected itself. A few tears escaped her violet eyes when she looked up at Kian. "Yeah, but it'll take me a minute. Just get out of here I'll catch up!" Kia called clutching her stomach tightly.

Having lived and caged in this place for the entirety of her life, Scarlet had already ingrained in her mind every corridor, every turn and every door that she has passed through. An average person would easily be lost for quite some time within these white walls, but to her, it's like this place was truly her home as she traversed through the halls with ease.

Maybe that's why she didn't even bother asking for directions as a harried man wearing the ever so familiar scientist coat ran by past her. She already knew where she is headed and to bother him with any meaningless questions is just a waste of time. For both of them.

As she turned the corner, she caught sense of someone… something keeping watch over the area. This time, it was different from the people who had been turning their heads to watch her from their cells, stares containing a mixture of curiosity, animosity… and fear. No doubt, she is nearing the place of conflict, and only in a minutes' time, no less. She then slowed her brisk walk into a stroll as she neared the door where her instincts are guiding her to be her destination.

Her shadow started to gather and wrap around her left hand. She does not know how to interact with others, as she only live to follow the voice of those above her. That's why, for every time she is sent to do something like this, her first course of action is always to arm herself from any possible hostility.

Status
Not open for further replies.