The Tail of Two Kitties (Isho13)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fluffy? Well, Mosi could certainly see where the thought of wanting to call him fluffy would come from, given his size and the way his fur surrounded his body. However, or at least from what she could see, his fur did not seem to have the texture of softness that would be attuned with being full of fluff. But she pushed the thought aside and decided to leave the matter be, because the main reason she continued to think of his ragged look came with the thought that he was only like that because he was a street cat. But while she knew most cat's didn't appreciate a brushing even with people, she herself quite enjoyed it, and she could not deny the hinting of anxiety that ran through her body at the thought that she would not be able to keep herself up like she was used to. Sure, she had her own tongue to use, but would it keep her fur from becoming a matted mess in these streets?

Her ears perked at his suggestion, her earlier thoughts of their fur texture flying from her mind at that moment. Hadn't she already come to the conclusion that she didn't want to have another family because, in a way, she almost felt as if it was betraying her old family? Or, at least, would she not be betraying Lauren? Her eyes turned to look away from Blizzard for another second. Despite her obvious reserved for the matter, would it not be the best choice for her to decline the thought of going to another family? True, another family would not be like her own, however at least she would be taken care of like she was used to. Then she would not have to dwell in the depths of the streets until it was her time to pass, more than likely much earlier than her days should probably end. "I... I don't know." She looked back to Blizzard, an look of unease coming to her eyes. "I am almost afraid to to say yes, because what if I do find a family and they throw me out just like my last, or if my last comes to look for me?" Or Lauren. She couldn't count on Emily or Mike, definitely not Mike, to want to come for her. But even if Lauren would come to find her, what would the girl be able to do? If Mike had thrown her out once, Mosi would not put it against the man to do it again, or something worse the second time around.

"But I'm afraid to think that it may be the best choice for me, given how I do not know how to survive out here. But that is to even say that anyone would want to take me in." But it was another thing to say if she would even trust those people, because how could she trust another family given what happened with her last? The last thought shook her enough to shake her head, her thoughts running through her mind as she blew out a sigh. "I don't think I can have another family. Me being thrown out may have not been a traumatic experience, but I don't want to have to grow accustomed to another family's needs. Because then they may be quicker to leave me behind and I don't want that."

Blizzard listened to her with attention, letting her spend all the time she needed formulating her response. It was obvious, in her words, in her voice, how much in pain she was. That was the case for almost every pet that was kicked out of their home, and he always felt sorry for them. But somehow, having witnessed the very moment she was abandoned, made his feeling of pity towards her even stronger. His leg twitched when he stopped himself from actually raising it to pet Mosi on the head with his paw. After all, barely knowing each other she didn't trust him, and such an affectionate gesture would be too awkward for his liking.

Instead, he waited for her to finish, and processed his thoughts for a little bit before speaking. 'More reasons for you learning how to live out here, so running after another family isn't the best choice for you.' he said in a low voice. 'You don't know this part of the city, do you? I guess I could start by showing you the neighbourhood... Unless you need some kind of breakfast right now.'

He stood up, eager to go already. He was quite active for a cat, and after spending most of the night in that place, he had no interest in being there any longer. In fact, if he could find a place that had been out of reach from the storm and was dry right now, that'd be perfect. He thought that would be asking too much though. Specially if he was going to show Mosi the place, which most likely would involve walking on the streets, dodging small water puddles. As he talked, he turned around to leave, but then glanced behind, looking at Mosi, or more precisely, at the carrier she was in. 'What are you going to do with that thing?'

Again, another sense of disappointment ran through Mosi as she thought about it, as well as listened to his words. So this is what her life had brought her to? Though she tried to tell herself that this wouldn't be so bad, that if this male was in the shape that he was in, as well as the health that he was in, then surely she would be able to survive. However, she knew that that was not the case. She figured that he had been in these streets his entire life, which has led him to being used to this lifestyle. He could survive because he has had to since he was but a mere kitten. She, on the other hand, had not been dealt with that paw until now. It almost made her wonder if it was too late for her. But, if Blizzard was willing and able to enough to teach her the ropes around this place, then she figured she should take it and pay as much attention as she could. Because, again, she reminded herself that this cat may be the one to save her life in the sense that he wouldn't be leaving her out here to rot on her own, or to be attacked by a less than friendly street animal.

"Breakfast? No. I think I'm fine for the moment." Her appetite was no longer there, especially for right now. She was still trying to stomach the position that she was in. "So we can head to where ever you'll lead me, or at least around the city; I don't know this place." When he stepped back and put his back to her, Mosi hesitantly crawled her way out of the carrier before shaking herself, her eyes pointing to look back at probably the last and only thing she would have left to connect her with her people. But with the rain that had fallen last night, as well as the many smells lingering about the area, the smell of her old home was already dwindling on the carrier. "We can leave that here, unless you have another use for it?" She tilted her head a bit, her tail flicking as she looked back to Blizzard. "It'll be too hard for us to lug around and keep with us. And I doubt if anyone will be too upset for it being there; perhaps another animal may even come by and seek it's little shelter." When she went to take another step forward, she had failed to notice the little puddle, if one would even call it that, on the ground, causing the bottom of her paw to be a little more than wet. She picked the paw up after shaking it and licked it, only to pull her tongue away and scrunch her face up. The ground. It tasted like dirty water and the ground that she stood on. "Preferably, I'd rather be somewhere dry."

'I agree.' Blizzard nodded in approval at her request of finding some dry place to pass time. Seeing her displeased face after licking her wet paw, he added. 'You want to get used to the taste. There will be times the only water you can find will be puddles on the ground, and you'll be thankful for them. Wow, first lesson already? I must be a wonderful teacher.' He said those last words rolling his eyes, and started making his way out of the alley.

The activity on the streets at that time made walking on the streets too unsafe, so he stuck to leading Mosi close to walls and fences. The sidewalks were in such a poor state, he had to evade puddles every now and then. That aside, the weather wasn't close at all to the storm from last night, and on his opinion, it was a pleasant day to take a stroll. He walked in silence, not being the kind to try and fill the lack of words with aimless conversation with someone he barely knew. Only after an hour he realized Mosi, being a domestic cat, maybe wasn't used to walking for so long, and turned to look at her.

'I was thinking of taking you to the city centre. Teaching you about how to live in the fanciest places of the city, since those will probably be your preferred places. But we still have a long way to go. Should I take you there anyway?' he offered Mosi the chance to decide. From the side of his eye, he noticed a stray cat looking at them, someone he knew. 'Oh, not him. Not now.' He thought displeased, seeing the cat was already walking towards them.

Mosi frowned at his comment, but decided to keep her words at bay about the matter because she knew that he was right. But still, how was she supposed to get used to the dirty water that laid on the streets? It certainly wasn't the water that was kept in her water dish that was filled up on a daily basis. No more clean water, no more, probably, clean food... Just thinking about it made her stomach hurt, and it even made her tail drag on the ground as they started walking, though shortly after she lifted the tail a few inches from the ground if only to keep the fur from getting too dirty.

The silence that rang between them was unnerving to Mosi, despite the other noises that surrounded around them as they walked. When ever a person would walk by, she would tilt her head to try and get a look at their faces, wondering, trying to see, if any of them were her family. Unfortunately, they weren't. It wasn't that she was expecting much from the people, and it wasn't that she was expecting her family, or used to be rather, to randomly show up, though she couldn't help but want to continue to think such a thing. But she had to push them from her thoughts, and she knew that. Though there would always be a sense of sorrow over the matter, there was also a bit of anger that was building up in her chest. But she kept the emotion at bay and let it be; being angry would solve nothing, and if she wasn't careful out here in the streets she may just lose her life. But little pebbles stuck to her feet that littered the ground, the pads of her paws beginning to hurt as they continued walking. While she wasn't necessarily tired, she could not deny how wary her legs were beginning to feel, because while she would run around the house and play with her toys, they were generally in short spurts and always would she lay down to catch her breath.

When Blizzard finally spoke back up, she picked her head up a bit and looked at him, her ears flicking before she thought about the decision. "I think that'll be good." She said, nodding her head quickly as she sighed. "I'll just let you know when I don't think I can go on much longer, and then we can rest a little." If he wanted to rest for that matter. She was reminded again that he was probably in better shape than she was because he was more used to walking around. But she had to get over that. She had to get over a lot of things. But when she saw the displeased look on Blizzard's face, Mosi tilted her head a bit as she perked her ears. "Is... Something wrong?" She asked, turning her eyes to look this way and that before her eyes landed on a cat that was making their way towards them. The hairs on her back started to stand as she lowered her head a bit, gulping before she looked over to her... What could she consider Blizzard? Her mentor? Just a random street cat that she had met that was willing enough to help her out a little? "Maybe we should go."

Seeing the cat coming closer, Blizzar shook his head and muttered 'Nothing, keep going.' as he not so subtly pushed Mosi forward, trying to get her walking faster already. The cat ran towards them, and soon past them, turning around to face them. He was about the same size as Mosi, with short, almost orange hair, and had a grin on his face. His bright green eyes with a thin pupil examined the two of them in an instant, and his grin only grew wider. 'Well weeeell, it was about time you got a girlfriend! Care to share?' he asked without even a hint of shame.

Blizzard's ear twitched in annoyance at the male's high pitched voice. He leaned closer to Mosi, and whispered 'Please tell me no one ever cut your nails, and you're ready for your first self defence lesson.' His gaze went to the male's face, and as usual, he could feel irritation growing out of nowhere inside of him. Furry was his name. He was pushy, had no sense of privacy and personal space, and was a bit narcissistic. Sadly, he never did anything too serious, so up until now, he never had a good excuse to beat him up.

Her breath caught in her throat quickly as Blizzard suddenly pushed her to get her moving. She grit her teeth as her eyes pointed back to look at the male before she turned back forward, only to stop with a short gasp as another cat sat in her line of vision. With his dirtied, almost orange fur, and with the way he spoke, Mosi took a couple of steps back, bumping into Blizzard slightly until she stepped on the side of him. The hair of her tail puffed up, and the hairs on her back started to stand more as she listened to the words that the other spoke. Girlfriend? About time? Apparently the two know of each other, though after looking at the look Blizzard was giving, Mosi could only imagine the kind of relationship the two had with one another; not a good one.

But regardless, she perked her ears up a bit at the larger male's words, her eyes instinctively looking down at her paws and the nails that sat in between them. No, her humans certainly never gotten her de-clawed, though though would cut her nails occasionally. Apparently they had waited to long to do such a task, however, seeing as how easily her nails had made the baby's skin start to bleed after she took a swipe at him. She pushed the thought from her mind, however. "They haven't been cut in a while," she whispered back, her eyes going over to the other male as he seemed to step closer to them. He didn't see to take it well that they were, obviously, trying to ignore him, and he didn't seem to appreciate the words that they whispered to one another. If anything, he seemed more curious, however it unnerved Mosi all the more to the point where it made her nervous. "What are you going to do to him?"

Despite seeing this other cat walking closer towards them, Blizzard didn't even consider taking a step back. He had learnt long ago that was quite an obvious way of showing fear, so now he always stood on his ground, head held high, whether he was feeling confident, or was a mess made of insecurity. He leaned his head closer to Mosi's again, and whispered 'Nothing. You are going to do something, if things here get out of hand.'

'Hey, hey, what's with all the secrecy?' The cat had an almost elegant way of walking, his short hair making it easy to see how his shoulder blades took turns to go up and down. Cutting down almost all the distance between them, he introduced himself. 'My name's Alphonse, nice to meet you. You're a real pleasure for the eyes.' He purred his compliment, locking gazes with her.

'Actually his name is Furry, but we all play along with calling him Alphonse so he doesn't feel so bad about his name.' Blizzard blurted out with a snort, which gained him a glare from 'Alphonse'.

"Me?" Mosi's ears flicked back as Blizzard's words ran through her mind, him meaning that she would be the one to do something, more so attack, should the situation persist to such a level. Hopefully they'd be able to avoid that, because how could he expect her to do such a thing when she had never so much as fought any living thing in her life? The little play bouts she went though with the toys she had back with her family would compare nothing to an actual scuffle, seeing as those things could not fight back, and even when Lauren would rough house with her in those rare moments could she even consider it defending herself. Only with bringing playful nips and bits to the skin of the girl, only bringing her claws out occasionally, though she never used them to hurt the girl.

But this other male, with his sleazy purrs of a compliment to her, she couldn't help but feel her skin crawl from the act. While she found Blizzard intimidating from his sheer size and overall burly look, the way this other male acted, and with the way he turned his gaze towards her, was enough to unnerve her more than she would have liked. She scowled and scrunched her face before her ears pointed in Blizzards direction, questions arising in her mind of why he chose to go by a different name than his actual one. Not that she could particularly blame the male, seeing as how Furry was an embarrassing name in its own self, however to each their own. She just wanted to get away from him, as well as this place.

"Look, could you just leave us be and go back to what ever hole you crawled out of?" She tried to keep the tremors from her voice, though they could still be hear slightly in her tone. She shook her head. Try and be strong, intimidating, right? Maybe that would make him go away. Unfortunately her intimidation skills were next to nothing."Neither of us are in the mood to deal with you. So leave."

Last edited:
Blizzard kept his relaxed stance as the other cat got closer to Mosi. If he tried to do anything weird he'd step in, but if the female cat insisted on living on the streets instead of looking for someone to adopt her, she better start making her skin thicker now.

Alphonse raised an eyebrow when Mosi tried to... intimidate him? If those were her intentions, the results had been far from desired. He started laughing, and between pants he spoke up, his words directed at Blizzard. 'Did you hear that? She says she's not in the moooood...' That last word fell from his mouth, as if gracefully sliding down his tongue. 'And can you hear the tremble in her voice?' Alphonse looked at her in the eye, a small spark of malice being born in his pupils. He barely opened his mouth in a smile, showing the points of his fangs, pale yellow and menacing.

Behind of him, Blizzard waved a paw, trying to catch Mosi's attention. Seeing Alphonse wasn't turning around to see him too, he extended the claws of his right paw, and moved it in the air, across his face. As he did at, he looked directly at Mosi, and then moved his gaze towards the male cat. 'Defend yourself. Attack at the face.' He thought, wishing he could voice that out loud, specially now that Alphonse's body tensed up, as if he was preparing to jump forward.

Alphonse's words bothered her, causing Mosi to pin her ears back at his condescending tone. Apparently her ways of intimidation needed to be worked on, not that she figured that they wouldn't need to be, yet she still could not deny the embarrassment that swept through her at the male's laugh. But her anger seemed to come out more than the embarrassment, though there was a sense of fear that ran down her spine at the look that started to come from the male's eyes. He was going to attack; he was going to attack, and he was probably going to hurt her unless Blizzard stuck himself in between the two, but, in a way, there was a bit of a thought that made her believe that he wouldn't do such a thing.

However when a sudden movement caught the corner of her eyes, she turned them to look in the direction that Blizzard was standing in, the hair around her puffing all the more as she caught sight of the other male tensing. But she watched Blizzard pull out his claws and move his paw across his face before he looked back over to Alphonse. Slash him across the face? Is that what he wanted her to do?

A little growl came from her in her throat as she turned to look back at the orange male, her body tensing as well as she hunched her back up, a hiss escaping from her mouth as she bared her teeth as well, though she figured that he was still the more intimidating out of the two. She didn't want to fight; this was not in her blood, but what other choice did she have? Just imagine him to be that baby and how she had easily took a swipe at the little human in order to get him to leave her alone. It had worked, except it had caused her to get kicked out of the house, but it something like that could make the baby leave her alone, then maybe the same would happen with this male. So she raised her paw quickly with that thought in mind and took her claws out before she took a step forward to get closer to the male and then swung her paw down at his face.

Completely sure of the female cat being way too coward to attempt such a stunt on him, Mosi's attack took Alphonse by surprise. The orange cat reacted one instant too late, and he let out a loud hiss when he felt the burning pain of claws cutting wounds open on the skin of his face. He took a couple of steps back, confusion showing on his expression, and his eyes looked at Mosi from behind strings of blood. Hissing again, he jumped forward, his long claws desperate to dig into his flesh.

Fast as a thunderbolt, Blizzard stepped in, tackling Alphonse from the side, sending him a couple of steps away. He could sense the wounded cat was furious but, modesty aside, he trusted he could handle him without much effort. He felt a tingling sensation on his back, but in the end his hair didn't tense up, and he remained calm. 'Leave her alone. You deserved that for provoking her.' The authority in his voice demanded obedience.

'She's just a weak pussy who smells funny, who does she think she is to ignore my advances? And why are you stepping in?' As Alphonse shouted at him for answers, Blizzard positioned himself between the two cats. A first slash was enough for now, he'd take care of the rest. 'She's a cat who happens to be female. You can't go through life demanding females' attention as if they owed you something just for existing.' He replied in a low voice.

Alphonse meowed in disgust, and turned around, starting to walk away. 'Well, what else can one expect from an impotent cat, tch.' Blizzard watched him go, raising an eyebrow in amusement because of the lazy insult. Or at least he thought it was lazy, because when it came to insulting males, most animals made some reference at inability to mate properly. He shook is head in frustration for the heated encounter. At least things didn't turn out too bad.

'Congratulations!' he said turning around to face Mosi. 'You've just had your first self defence lesson, taught by the best teacher you could find within a metre. How did it feel?'

Mosi could not deny the little sense of empowerment that the swipe had brought to her body, especially to feel her claws actually come into contact with the male before her. In all honesty she hadn't expected that to happen; she had expected the male to back away as soon as she had taken a step forward, however that did not seem to be the case. And the sight nearly made her feel a little happy, maybe even a little more confident, but when she locked her eyes back with the male she could not feel any thing but a string of fear crawling through her fur. The furious tone that came from the male, as well as the body language he was giving her, Mosi was unsure of what to do. She stiffened with fear, her legs beginning to tremble as he jumped toward her, her ears flattening, her eyes closing.

But then she felt no pain towards her body like she had expected. No blood was trickling down her body, and no cuts had been made to her skin. When she opened her eyes to see Blizzard standing between her and Alphonse with his larger body standing slightly taller than the other, disgruntled male, she could only blink. She listened to their conversation only half way, her mind still reeling with the thought that she had almost been attacked had it not been for Blizzard. Could she really do this? Could she really care for herself out in these streets? Sure, she had been able to land a strike on the male, but when he went to attack she froze and had Blizzard not been there she would have been attacked, maybe even killed and she wouldn't even have been able to do anything about it. She wasn't as strong as other animals that lived on the streets; she wasn't as savvy as they were, and she had no knowledge. Yes, eventually with time she could learn, but would it be too late for her to learn?

Her eyes flicked over towards Alphonse as he started to walk away, throwing out a short comment before Blizzard's voice rang out in her ears. Still, she did not turn to look at him though, a frown dipping cross her mouth before she shook her head and took a shaky breath. "Terrible because I can't fight and I honestly don't want to." Finally she turned to look at him, her eyes wide before she narrowed them a bit and shook her head. Though there was anger in her tone, she did not mean for it to be directed towards him. But, seeing as he was the only one there, she could do nothing about it. "Could we just leave?" She questioned, her tone lighter that just a second before. "I don't want to be in this area any longer."

Hearing the bit of rage present in her voice, Blizzard's relaxed expression turned into a frown. Before Mosi even requested they get moving, he was already turning around, to keep walking towards the city centre as they were doing before. 'If you don't want to fight, don't do it. I can't promise I'll step in next time though.' He grunted, keeping a steady pace, making the female cat almost run after him.

'There she is, in princess mode again.' He thought bitterly. 'Oh, I don't want to fight anymore. I'll think I'll sit here on my furry butt, and wait until someone leaves a can of tuna in front of me. Then maybe Alphonse will come back, have his way with me, and I'll give birth to some cocky, red-headed kittens, yay!' In his head, it was Mosi's voice, not his own, the one that spoke. Deciding that was almost the same as trying to imitate her, and imitations were childish, he dropped this line of thought. He glanced at his side, barely seeing the female cat, and shook his head. He didn't know if he could fix her, but right now, Mosi was virtually dead on the streets. He hoped stretching her life for a couple of days would provoke the necessary change in her. If not, it would be a waste of his time, but to be honest he didn't have anything important to do.

'You know...' he spoke out loud, stopping for a while to give Mosi's legs a much needed rest. 'I've always been envious of humans because, if they set their minds to it, they get to do important stuff. Every once in a while, I get to hear about a human who makes an important contribution to technology or... Or the arts. While the only thing we can do is eat and fuck and sleep and that's as advanced as it gets. The best you could aspire to is to be the pet of such a human.'

Most animals he knew were surprised the first time he told them about these existential crises, if it was proper to call them that way. A few of them though, were understanding and put their own input in the matter, that tended to be something along the lines of "No, I never thought about it". This was his first opportunity to see if a pet raised in a human's home had a higher intellect. Maybe he'd find a nice surprise and Mosi would be able to teach him a thing or two, in return for these survival lessons. And it'd be a nice way to balance out how useless she was in this environment. 'What do you think?' he asked, making eye contact.

Mosi grimaced at his words as she started to follow him along on the sidewalk, her ears still pinned back as she turned her head back to see if Alphonse had been following them, or any other animal for that matter. Nothing. He was gone, much to her relief, however she could still feel the tingle of fear run through her spine as she thought about him. There were others that were rougher than him, ones that wouldn't have any sort of conversation with her and just attack, especially if they found their that their territory was being invaded. She tried to push the thought aside though; it was useless to scare her own self over things that had not happened yet. But when she turned her yes to look back at Blizzard, and once she came back to her senses, her ears perked a bit when she saw that he was going at a quicker pace, leaving her behind.

She tried her best to keep up at that point, her legs trotting ahead of herself as she tried to quickly make her way back to the male. Still, she stayed behind him, but at least she could see his figure in the distance; at least she was able to keep track of him. But was he trying to leave her behind because he felt as if she was worthless? Her throat seemed to tighten at the thought, but she quickly shook her head and continued on her way. He hadn't said anything otherwise, so she could only assume that he was still willing to help her. Her legs were beginning to hurt, however, her breath beginning to get heavier, yet not to the point to where she would pant. The little pebbles that continued to dig into the skin of her paws only seemed to push their way deeper, which made her wince and grimace all the while as she would, occasionally, take a second to stop and shake her paw to see if she could dislodge them. It didn't necessarily seem to work. When ever they would rest, she would have to try and get them out her own self.

When he finally stopped she could not help but sigh in relief, sitting down as she finally closed the distance between them. Her head was lowered a bit as she looked down at the ground, trying to catch her breath, however when Blizzard spoke up she perked her ears again and looked up at him. In a way... His words almost offended her, not personally, yet she could not help but become a little irked by his words. "Do you not think if we animals do such a thing, like putting our minds to something, that we cannot achieve great lengths as well?" She tilted her head, her eyes a bit narrowed. "After all, have you not heard of other animals and pets that have made the news, like the ones who work for the police to help stop criminals? Like those pets, both dogs and cats, that have saved their humans from some tragedy and have been rewarded for it? Or what of the animals that, in a sense, do nothing yet still help humans, such as the older ones, by just being in their company to give them someone to be around?" Emily enjoyed watching the news during the evening, to which Mosi generally got stuck listening to, not that she minded. Every once in a while there would be a story about some animal or pet, mostly dogs but she had remembered hearing about a few cats, that had done things that had been worthy enough to be put into the public eye.

"We can prove to be great as well. Maybe not to the extent of the humans because we do no science or anything of the like and generally any news of animals is pushed aside after a while, but we can still do things to make us shine, like having a talent for jumping or just being odd. After all, Lauren, one of my people, often watched videos of cats on her computer. They always made her smile and laugh, even amazed her at times." She paused for a second. "It may not be in our immediate mind to try and so something great like the humans strive to do, but you shouldn't give yourself so little credit as to think that you can't do anything more than just be a pet to those humans who are important. Just being a pet itself could be important to any human if they want you, which, in my opinion, is great in itself."

Blizzard's eyebrows rose in surprise, and he opened his eyes more, when Mosi spoke out loud her opinion on the matter. For a moment he considered to stop her on her tracks and tell her to calm down, but he refrained from doing it, as he was unsure of the female cat being passionate about it, or if she was annoyed at him because of his comment. Once she was finished, he looked away, his gaze getting lost in the distance.

'In fact, no. I haven't heard of animals achieving those kind of things. I don't get to watch TV too often, and I don't know how to read a newspaper; if I find one, it's useless for me.' he said with a voice that was bordering on ashamed. After hearing himself, he focused his gaze back on Mosi, and straightened his posture. He refused to feel less dignified because of a cat who had had access to a better education than him. It was his first time spending so much time with a domestic animal, and he felt surprised for almost feeling like a lower being when talking to her. He guessed it had something to do with him still having a drop of pride in himself.

'But what you're telling me about sounds amazing. I'd really like to know such a pet. A dog if possible, I don't get along with other cats that well...' he said with regained composure. 'Since pets are capable of doing those kind of things, did you ever achieve something that would make that Lauren person proud of you? I don't want to sound like I'm scolding you, I'm genuinely curious.'

"That's a shame." Mosi should have figured that Blizzard hadn't heard much of other animals that had made the news. Again, she reminded herself that he had not lived in a house with people where they would sit around and watch tv when they were bored and wanted to entertain themselves with things. He had not been able to hear conversations between people as they talked about the news, giving their opinion about the matter. Often than not, there were a lot of things that Mosi didn't understand that would go on in the news, even to hear her people talk about it, but, generally, she could care less. The only time she tried to really understand and actually paid attention was when an animal would appear on screen and the voice in the tv would start to speak about them. It was... Interesting, to say the least. It often made her wonder what it felt like to be in such a spot like. What did it feel like to have saved someone, or what did it feel like to be able to work side by side with humans in what Mosi could only understand to be a dangerous job?

But usually when she would have those thoughts she would usually cast them aside because she would think of her life. Though she had done nothing of the sort, she was still happy with her life and happy that she lived the way she did. Up until this point in her life at least. Her ears flicked quickly as she blinked, giving a little shrug before she shook her head. "Well, maybe one day you will be able to meet a pet that has done something special, or a dog more rather. You see them more in the news then you see cats." But as for herself... "I've done nothing special; I've only been a pet, but I'm happy with that. I don't really think I've done anything to make Lauren proud, especially not with what I did yesterday, nor do I really feel the need to have to 'prove' myself in that kind of way."

Status
Not open for further replies.