The Sword Seekers (original, high fantasy, dice)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll be finishing up Ashur now. But I was wondering, should he be unaffiliated or should he have a past with Azolla?

I'll be finishing up Ashur now. But I was wondering, should he be unaffiliated or should he have a past with Azolla?
Well, that's entirely up to you. If you think they'd have a shared past, go for it! If not, then don't.

Hey @Miroell - think Amaranthe and Erard would have some past relations? They have a fairly similar background, and it could be they met on the road heading into this ceremony (either to work as a guard or just to attend).

(Still at work so I'm stalking you all ( useless information is useless)) OMG @Zeroisdead Asher and Nerinphe have the same homeland. We need to know eachother somehow

Last edited:
(Still at work so I'm stalking you all ( useless information is useless)) OMG @Zeroisdead Asher and Nerinphe have the same homeland. We need to know eachother somehow
Sounds good to me ^^
I'm setting him up as the son of a simple armor and clothing making family, who worked as a messenger and a servant to a noble before delving deep into the life of a notorious thief.

Sounds good to me ^^
I'm setting him up as the son of a simple armor and clothing making family, who worked as a messenger and a servant to a noble before delving deep into the life of a notorious thief.
I like that! In my head at least Neri has been almost everywhere in her homeland, they could of met when your character on the road somewhere and maybe patched him up when after a burglary went wrong lol

Reactions: Zeroisdead
I like that! In my head at least Neri has been almost everywhere in her homeland, they could of met when your character on the road somewhere and maybe patched him up when after a burglary went wrong lol
Whatever sounds good. I just finished the history so there's more info there

Whatever sounds good. I just finished the history so there's more info there
I like the idea personally! It would make the most sense, and give us a reason to be travelling together when the role play starts.

Also just I tiny tidbit of Info to anyone playing a character somewhat associated with Orin and their military. It was my idea for LeVane to be the name of a Sword master that was pretty famous there but was thought to be dead 50 years ago. So your characters could of possibly have heard the name before meeting my character. Not a major plot point or anything but some interesting background info that could be brought up to explain how Neri is so badass with a sword.

I like the idea personally! It would make the most sense, and give us a reason to be travelling together when the role play starts.

Also just I tiny tidbit of Info to anyone playing a character somewhat associated with Orin and their military. It was my idea for LeVane to be the name of a Sword master that was pretty famous there but was thought to be dead 50 years ago. So your characters could of possibly have heard the name before meeting my character. Not a major plot point or anything but some interesting background info that could be brought up to explain how Neri is so badass with a sword.
Alright, but he may also be traveling with Azolla, depending on how I feel about the idea when Im done with his CS.

Also, Azolla may have heard of him, her father being an ex-commander of Orin's military.

Reactions: Honor-Sama
Ashur is all done now. Just tell me if you need me to change anything

Hey @Miroell - think Amaranthe and Erard would have some past relations? They have a fairly similar background, and it could be they met on the road heading into this ceremony (either to work as a guard or just to attend).
Yeah, sure. Meeting on the road and going to the same place sounds like a good way to know someone. Though I think Amaranthe is going to attend the ceremony, rather than guarding there.

And I believe it is save to say that Amaranthe has heard of LeVane, seeing as Orin and Military was part of her education growing up.

• Bucket of Rainbows

Nerinphe LeVane

37 years (appears to be in her early 20's)
Race: Human/ Nymph

Homeland: A small river in the Northern forests of Gundabiln

Class: Companion
Sword: N/A

Appearance:
7742feea03a6ef2883904e6a6d6593ff.jpg

Nerinphe is not your average nymph. Standing at an underwhelming 5'2" her slender frame is built out of corded, lean muscle showing a strength uncommon of her race. Her beautiful ivory skin with the lightest tint of blue would perfect except for the old scars marring her forearms and abdomen. Her hair is a bright blue and white like the tumbling water of the river she was born to. It's almost always kept in a long braid running down to the small of her back. With bright green eyes and lips slightly upturned, her face is the picture of serenity and beauty. Nerinphe usually dress in plain brown leathers with darker leather boots well worn and broken in. her beauty and quick smile tends to pull peoples attention away from the long sword strapped to her back, at least until its too late.

Personality:
Like any mighty river Nerinphe can seem calm and cool on the surface which makes the currents underneath an unexpected surprise. A firm believer of helping others, her attitude shows that with quick smiles and an kind, easygoing personality. As many people have found however, it is a very bad choice to try to take advantage of it. She may keep her anger under the surface, but it is still very much there, and with the right circumstances it can explode out.

Skills: Nerinphe doesn't have many skills other then running her blade through peoples chests. She has learned quite a bit about navigating and bartering traveling for so many years. And of course the herb knowledge and healing skills her mother had taught her.

Stats:

STR: 2 + 4 = 6
DEX: 2 + 3 = 5
INT: 2 +2 = 4
WIL: 5 - 1= 4
CON: 4

(STR 9 + 3 Age Bonus)
Long blades: 12

(DEX 5)
aim+: 5 + 1 = 6
evasion: 5 + 2 = 7

(WILL 4)
Fire: 1
Air: 1
Water: 1 + 1 = 2
Earth: 1
Raw: 1 + 2 = 3
Resistance: 1+ 3 = 4
Sword Power: 0

Brief history:
Nerinphe was born in the river of a small village. Her mother and father had either passed away or had abandoned her as an infant leaving her alone. She had no memories of her real parents instead she has only ever known the two who had raised her as their own. A kind older women by the name of Garia LeVane, the head of the small temple in the village and her husband, an old sword master and deserter of the Orin Military, took care of her.

As the head of a temple dedicated to Idite, her parents tried to teach her balance in all things. Her mother taught her to read and write, a rare skill in the poor fishing village she was born in. She also taught her daughter how to heal, a skill Garia had practiced and mastered over many years helping her village. Her father taught her history and geography with his experience in foreign lands. She loved to learn devouring whatever knowledge her parents could teach her with a passion. Though she learned at a rapid pace, there was one skill she was truly a prodigy at, the art of the blade.

Her mother and father spent many years teaching their daughter all that they knew. Though she was happy living in the village she was never content. At the age of 18 she left her home to travel the world. With the villagers promise to protect her river from harm she traveled throughout Gundabiln helping the wounded and sick and putting the blade to killers and bandits as is the balance of things. She earned many scars in her travels, wearing them proudly like badges of honor and was content to live the rest of her days traveling the world. That is until she awoke from a vision one dark night.

Relationships: Garia LeVane (adopted mother) Levi LeVane (Adopted father)

Jus a heads up
There seems to be something wrong with your strength, long blades, evasion, and aim + stats.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Jus a heads up
There seems to be something wrong with your strength, long blades, evasion, and aim + stats.

ST 6 base, + 3 for ST skills, + 3 for age = 12

DX 5 base, 1/2 for skills = 3 free points, starting with 5 in each.

Ashur is good to go.

@Honorific only problem with your stats for Nerinphe is, I've just noticed now, the resistance stat. Resistance should be one higher. Nymph/dryads have a base 2 for resistance.

My bad >.<

• Useful
Ashur is good to go.

@Honorific only problem with your stats for Nerinphe is, I've just noticed now, the resistance stat. Resistance should be one higher. Nymph/dryads have a base 2 for resistance.

My bad >.<
I'll fix that real quick on my phone. If you don't hear from me at all today it's because I'm at work. Most likely crying and overwhelmed. Wooo mothers day....

Reactions: Rainjay
Also, fun update, here is the beginnings of the map. I still need to add a ton more detail (and names, ofc) but primary objective is to get the IC rolling soon.

MesymWithColor4_zpsjy22kx1g.png

Also, fun update, here is the beginnings of the map. I still need to add a ton more detail (and names, ofc) but primary objective is to get the IC rolling soon.

MesymWithColor4_zpsjy22kx1g.png
Is this the whole world or a continent(s)?

Status
Not open for further replies.