The Sword Seekers (original, high fantasy, dice)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Muahaha, I conquered the BBcode. God it was a nasty mess.

I'll jump in on helping test the system as well, if I may~
Sure thing!

For both of you: the stats system is based largely on character type (species and if they're a mage or not). Just a disclaimer.

Now I feel left out! D: I'm free for the rest of the night and would love to lend a helping hand

• Thank You
Reactions: Rainjay
Spots still open?

This has piqued my interest. Love me some dice fantasy RPs.

Why not. I'm always down for some fantasy shenanigans. Got some more concrete backstory on the ancient gods, @Rainjay? Or are they just generic evil entities?

Wrong. You followed me. I noticed this back when it only had two replies. XD

Why not. I'm always down for some fantasy shenanigans. Got some more concrete backstory on the ancient gods, @Rainjay? Or are they just generic evil entities?
I do have some: I can get back to you when I'm home later today.

Got some more concrete backstory on the ancient gods, @Rainjay? Or are they just generic evil entities?
Alright, I'm back and ready with some quick information on these gods, @ERode

So, the ancient gods came from the Rift, supposedly when Mesym was created, but the gods were never really viewed in terms of creation so much as a superior entity. They governed the Beyond, the afterlife, and mostly just kind of chilled while the humans, elves, dryads, and nymphs did their thing on the earth. They had a hand in the evolution of the races, primarily for humans. They were the kind of gods that would gift humans the ability to make fire and then get mad about it. For the most part though, they kept to themselves, which is the cause of the original conflict; man wanted to know why the gods didn't seem to like them, and so they set out to try and win the favor of the Ancients. The Ancients took advantage of this and Mesym got hyper-religious, the humans became racist towards the elves, and the like. But when the Ancients started demanding sacrifices en masse, everyone kind of unified and started the war on the gods. Hence the creation of the Strigines.

They're not all evil. 5 of the swords have the souls of gods inside of them, and the Strigines were assisted by a goddess, Nane. But in general, the angry, pissed off gods outnumber the gods that are siding with the humans.

There's also a second collection of gods, the Pantheon, that took the place of the Ancients after the first war on the gods. They do pretty much nothing except maintain balance and the cycle of life, and so the people of Mesym just leave them be.

Today's update: thanks to everyone's help, the stat system is good to go! That means I only have a few more things to take care of and then the sign-ups will launch!

I will be making a map, but since it'll take me a little bit of time to complete, I'm going to just fill out the map section with a brief description of notable landmarks and the five kingdoms. The CS asks for homeland, you can either go vague or make up a city of your own.

Reactions: Honor-Sama
This is pretty interesting, I will throw my hat into the ring of people joining.

• Thank You
Reactions: Rainjay
Sign-ups is up!

I'll still be working with it tomorrow, adding in links and throwing in my (unfinished) map. I'm heading to bed now, but I'll be on in the morning to help answer questions, as well as in the afternoon intermittently. School. :s

Reactions: Renose
Fantasy, dice, and the chance to be a companion character~ I can't fully commit without knowing how the stat system would work, but this is definitely something that interested me.
That said, will some of the Silver Strigines be GM-controlled NPCs? Eleven players can be rather hectic to organize, and that's not including those wanting to be companions to the Silver Strigines.
How does magic work? A previous roleplay I participated in was a little stuck on how magic worked, and it complicated and stalled quite a few things.
Rain can handle 11 players :P she's a great GM :)

• Love
Status
Not open for further replies.