The Sword of Weathers. (OOC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oooh! Interesting!
Since you pretty sum up mine first or I get it (somewhat)
I'll be answering it
if it's wrong, sorry! >.<

Wait- you're making the sign-up threads now?
I just finished o-o"
should I- should I just delete it?
- - - -

"What job are you applying for?"
Me? Ah well. I'm going for the Arcane Artist. Is this correct? I'm not that sure.

"Why did you apply for this job?"
Why? Well. Um. How do you say this. My master wanted to let me have more experiences.
He said I have to grow and experience something first and that I can't find everything buried under books.

"What skills do you have?"
The known skills that I'm supposedly have, of course. I'm trained with magic, anything that is related to magic.
I also know a lot of things. I know history, myths. Anything that I find interesting really.
Luckily it seems to be the kind of knowledge you need.

"How long have you been what you are?"
Honestly I don't really know. Probably since my childhood? I don't really care enough to count.

"Are you willing to risk your life for our client if we hire you?"
Of course not- I'm kidding. It would depend if I find him deserving to risk my life for. Then I just might.
But I prefer not to be forced to make those extreme situations where I have to make those decisions.

"Why do you think we should hire you?"
I'm not one to force people's opinions, really. But it seems like you don't want many to know about this now do you?
You also seem to want to keep the chances of this mission to be in a high rate of success.
I am not going to say that I am the best, but certainly I am good enough studying after my master- who is considered to be the best.
I have the skills but my greatest flaw at this moment is my inexperience which I'm hoping that this will be able to help eradicate.

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
No, I'm not making the sign ups sheets now. XD I'll do that once everyone comfirms themselves. We can't start without enough dedicated people.

Now, I'm going to read your interview. XP

There may be more than one person hired for the same job. It depends on players' interests.

Oh- OH
I'm slow and forever lost.
I'm so sorry.
Okaaay xD
I hope it's not that bad

Myriad races. :)

Dr weaselhoffer is going to be an anthro.

Oh- OH
I'm slow and forever lost.
I'm so sorry.
Okaaay xD
I hope it's not that bad

It's great. I loved it. From what I see now, you're actually pretty fast in replying to a post. And I don't see you getting lost in anything here yet. Keep up the good work. :D

Okay time for me fall to sleep.

Still searching for interests. I check for notifications every minute of the day. Hoping to see more interviews.

Oh, you wanted interviews?

For defender:

"What job are you applying for?
"The position of defender. I promise to keep my companions safe."
"Because Doctor Weaselhoffer's cures have saved my mother's life multiple times. I am obligated to help him."
"I am proficient in a multitude of weaponry. I have been my hometown's guard for several years and my skin has proven to be tougher than most."
"I have always protected those who needed protection. So, 27 years now."
"Yes. I will not hesitate to give my life if the situation calls for it."
"Because I have the heart to protect my comrades, the will to get Doctor Weaselhoffer whatever he needs and the strength to keep those promises."

For General Worker:

"What job are you applying for?
"Ah, just look at me! The position of Arcane Artist of course! Just kidding, friend. General Worker. Whatever you need me do, I'll do it for you."
"Are you kidding? Everybody knows Doctor Weaselhoffer! If he has a job, everyone will know about it. Great for the reputation. If I finish this job, people will know my name."
"Skills? I'm standing right here, that's a testimony of my skills right there! I've been away from civilization for three years and survived, I can handle anything. Oh, and my father used to be a smith. Picked up some skills there, too. I can fix just about anything, from metal to leather and pottery to clothing, you name it, I'll fix it."
"You mean amazing? All my life, baby."
"Woah, hey now, is that really necessary? I mean, isn't that what the brutes with the giant weapons are for? Let them give their life first, if it's still necessary after that, I believe giving my life will not make much more of a difference, would it? Well, if I was absolutely sure, then I would consider it."
"Look at me. Just look at me! You won't find anyone this good for miles! You don't have to hire me, oh no, but you'll be missing out on the best. If the mission fails, don't come crying to me."

Reactions: Shade_XY
I love your interview very much, Majem. Especially the one interviewed for the post of general worker. :D

Now we only need more players to fill in for the other post. I hope this happens.

Hello ladies and gentlemen, this is your co-manager speaking. In a little while we'll be departing into this roleplay.
Please keep your arms and legs inside the vehicle at all times. No food or drink on the ride and you can pick up your photos outside the exit.

Oh and I'm gonna make a character too, cause I might as well.

Has anyone claimed Medic? I'd be up for that position.

But, how do the medics work? That they like, magic heals or regular doctors?

Has anyone claimed Medic? I'd be up for that position.

But, how do the medics work? That they like, magic heals or regular doctors?
A mixture of both would be interesting, in my opinion. But don't make it like the video games healers. Don't make it an instant healing magic. That only great in video games.

A mixture of both would be interesting, in my opinion. But don't make it like the video games healers. Don't make it an instant healing magic. That only great in video games.
Alright, I'll put up my character sheet when I get home from work.

Hello ladies and gentlemen, this is your co-manager speaking. In a little while we'll be departing into this roleplay.
Please keep your arms and legs inside the vehicle at all times. No food or drink on the ride and you can pick up your photos outside the exit.

Oh and I'm gonna make a character too, cause I might as well.

@Sir Pinkleton is seriously the co-gm. I emphasis that fact.

Alright, I'll put up my character sheet when I get home from work.

I'll create a sign up thread later for the character sheet. The interview is just for fun and does not count as a character sheet. :D

Well, he-llo. I didn't know I'd be interviewed by such a... looker. You know, I think I forgot what I was applying for, but I might remember if you and I get to know each other a little better, hmm? What do- okay, okay, I'm sorry, just don't call security, sorry, jeez. I'm applying for uh, assaulter. I'm good at... assaulting stuff, I guess. I mean, yea-

Oh. Well, because I need a job. But uh, between you and me. I'm a man of adventure, and men of adventure seem to be your kind of- okay, alright I'm stopping for real this time, sorry. You guys, you two can leave now, you don't need the swords. You're doing a good job, guardsmen. Just a false alarm...
Okay I get it, you've had a long day. I need the job and I uh, is this being recorded somehow? No one's writing this down? Well, I need the money and I need to go somewhere far away for a little while. You know, just some troubles with friends and I really wanna help them out. We just had a misunderstanding, but I'm doing this to make them happy.

Oh, well this is the part where I get the job. Sweetheart, you're looking at one of the best rangers this side of the mountains. Now, what that means is, if something needs to be dead because it's big and pissed off, then I can make it dead. I'm pretty good at shooting arrows that things, and I'd say I'm decent with a sword; so you'd be losing out on a lot if you let me go.

A while. A couple of years, I'd say. I mean, I learned how to shoot when I was a boy, my father taught me because he was a hunter. I've been around town, I've picked up a lot of other tricks too. You know, practical stuff.

Woah, I uh. Is that a requirement? Well... yeah, I guess if they're paying I'm willing to risk my life. I've risked my life for less, so sure. If the money's good, I'm good.

Because I know how to get out of a scrap. Sure, a lot of the guys here have "formal training", but who needs that if you're just gonna spend it lying around in a manor somewhere telling everyone how much of a great and noble fighter you are? I've got what you need, I've got the experience. I've been around, in the wilderness and in town. I'm good at my job. I mean, it looks like I'm not, but I am! Honestly! I'm one of the best! Believe me.

So, is that it? We're done. Okay. You know, I think you and I got off on the wrong foot. How about I buy you a drink and we ca- Okay, leaving now, I'm leaving.

Bitch...

Attention everyone, please.

Since there are many ideas and varieties of magic thought up by people of the world. I would like for only one type of magic logic to be used.

I have an idea for magics that I would like everyone to understand and respect.

I should brief you on my fiction of magic. For starters, spells are casted through spoken words of power which are derived from ancient forgotten language. It is similar to the fantasy fiction of knowing ones true name would cause the one to ultimately follow the order of the one who speak their name. This is the reason for why intelligence is needed in casting spells. Words need to be learned and memorized. Sentences needed to be created. The more powerful the spell, the more words is needed. But by simply chanting the spell would not work. Will is needed to guide the spell. The meaning of the words must be known or else the spell will not happen.

What power spells of sorcerers are not muscles or stamina or even chi, but spiritual energy. There are spiritual energy reserve in ones body. Overexertion of the body's spiritual energy may lead to death. That is why some sorcerers store spiritual energies in gems. Gems can be crushed and made into body tattoos, to make it easier for sorcerers to move around.

Spiritual energy is like oxygen in the air but it is thin, which makes it difficult to be used directly. It is inhaled through the pores of the skin, slowly replenishing ones spiritual energy. It can also be condensed into liquid form called ether. Consuming ether can instantly replenish ones spiritual energy in a large amount. A person can get addicted to ether as is a kind of drug. Withdrawal of ether is similar to other drug addiction withdrawal.

Staves and wands are a sorcerer's catalyst. It is easier to guide a spell with them. But an experienced sorcerer can still cast spells without the use of catalysts, only not as easy.

One might wonder why a sorcerer don't simply light a person on fire from within or simply chant a person to die instantly. The answer is simply because they can't. To effect a living creature directly is impossible without knowing the true name of the creature. Same goes for using another person's spiritual energy.

This is my fictional theory on magic that I would like everyone to understand and respect.

Written symbols will also be acceptable, but what powers them will still be spiritual energy.

Other than the ancient language, there will be other types of magic as well. I intend to explain about druids as well as special people with telekinesis abilities.

Druids are classes that are associated with the nature. Nature is a living matter and it chooses their druid. Not everyone is capable of being a druid. Only one with devotion and sovereign love for nature are bestowed with the ability to bend nature. The flora and fauna moves to protect and aid their druid in battle. Druid powers are double edge blades that would protect nature as well as harming it as it consumes nature of its health and vitality. They draws power from the land around them. Overuse of these power can potentially kill the very thing they sought to protect.

General opinion on magic for the population of the planet.

Some might fear the arts of the arcane. But there are still colleges that teaches it. Magics are also used in medicine and healing. People use magic to enchant their cloths for protection and to make their items longer lasting, but it requires a mass amount of spiritual energy and time. Production of agriculture is healthier and grows much faster.

Perhaps the ones who would execute spell casters are the ones that lives out of civilizations. Perhaps tribes that isn't familiar with magics are more inclined to hate the arcane arts because of the lack of understanding and fear.

I like having variety of inhabitants with variety of personality, hates, and likes. But generally, the world will see the arcane arts as a neutral matter filled with goodness as well as dark ones. Ultimately, an individual will decide how they see it.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: 1 person
I'm going to make a general worker interview because we're experiencing technical difficulties with role filling. Both assaulter and general worker are open to players; I'll simply be filling whatever's left over.
Just wanted to clear that up. Don't worry about losing a spot you wanted, guys.

I would be interested, assuming you don't mind rolling the dice on someone new to the site! Below is my completed interview.

"It is a pleasure to meet you, Madame Interviewer. My name is Alun Hallows, and I am here to apply for the medic position under Dr. Weaselhoffer, if I'm not mistaken?"

"Regardless of what the lords and ladies of this fair city have to say, it takes coin to purchase all of those fancy medicinal herbs that go into the draughts they swallow nightly to keep aches and pains away; and vastly more coin to acquire ingredients to treat real illness. Donations to the Temple of Uirmyd have dwindled in recent years, to the point that Her clerics will soon no longer be capable to fulfill their function as healers. In order to address this matter, low ranked and new clerics have been requested to accept contracts at this fine guild. This contract stood out both for its rather mundane requirements, as well as the prestige of Dr. Weaselhoffer."

"I am considered proficient enough in surgery to conduct operations independent of observation, as well as in common medical practice, herbal medicine and ancient history. I have also completed a full apprenticeship at the Temple of Uirmyd, and have been taught the most rudimentary of her Sacred Words."

"I am the third son of Lord Aeron Hallows, and since both the Heir and the Spare survived to adulthood, I was given over to the Uirmydian Order at the age of eight. I began my real apprenticeship at the age of ten, once I was considered literate enough to meander my way through sacred texts and could be trusted not to run away screaming into the night. Since I am twenty-four, that would make this my fourteenth year as a cleric."

"If your client happens to be in my care at the time, I am obligated by my oaths to shield him from any harm that would befall him, regardless of the personal cost. To be completely honest, I have never received any training in combat, and would not be of much use to him in field operations. My usefulness would therefore be derived either from preventative measures such as diplomacy, or post-battle medical assistance."

"Despite my youth and low rank, I am considered competent enough to operate without my Order's direct involvement, and am trusted by them to fulfill the duties and responsibilities they have bestowed upon me. I am reliable, honest, and well trained in the healing arts that I pray your client will not require on this venture."

Status
Not open for further replies.