The Swine Bros.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reminds me of that time that one guy copyrighted the word "Edge" and for a while it actually couldn't be used in movies and video games.

Good times.

Well, they've apparently retracted the trademark claims and the React World program...but I thought I'd share this anyway, it's pretty funny (video is not exactly worksafe):

• Love
Reactions: Gwazi Magnum
Looking at the live counter for subscribers, they're actually gaining new subscribers. The Internet's frothy rage lasted until around 13.6 million subscribers before, predictably, people lost interest and moved on with their lives. Internet outrage over pretty much anything dies off after like a week, or until the new stupid thing comes along to collectively make the Internet stop caring about the first thing.

Watch. Give this a month and you'll be lucky to see even a couple memes pop up about this whole thing.

Looking at the live counter for subscribers, they're actually gaining new subscribers. The Internet's frothy rage lasted until around 13.6 million subscribers before, predictably, people lost interest and moved on with their lives. Internet outrage over pretty much anything dies off after like a week, or until the new stupid thing comes along to collectively make the Internet stop caring about the first thing.

Watch. Give this a month and you'll be lucky to see even a couple memes pop up about this whole thing.
The retraction of their shitty policies also probably helped. :P

I remember this at the time it happened. XD

To get into a bit more specifics on what people mentioned (I know this topic is an old now, this is to clarify things).
A reddit post here explains it pretty well (and there's sources, so it isn't just an angry e-ranter).

The TL;DR though is that weren't just providing aid/assistance, there were actually trying to take down any video that was even slightly related to them.

In one case they tried to go after Ellen for showing an old phone to children.
In another case they took down a "Seniors React" show... And this was before Elders react even existed yet.

But as for their falling subscriber count it seems to have died out around 13.5 Million like said above.
But that's still a good 500k subscribers lost in the span of a week (a drop that would likely be larger if not for the following damage control), which is really going to hurt them in regards to keeping sponsors.
Should also be noted though I actually talked with people who subscribed to the channel during the incident with the sole purpose of watching the shit storm... So take that into account with the 500k figure.

Granted, with the nature of YouTube Subscriptions that 500k or so will rise back up in no time at all.

I think we can all agree though... They sure did get quite a reaction over it that didn't turn out fine at all! :3

• Love
Reactions: Foxy
Status
Not open for further replies.