The Sweet Song of Sacrifice

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like a challenge, personally!

Would you consider this a challenge 0_0 Or too much?

Name: Dark Paladin

Race: Dark evil fucked up warrior

Abilities:

1.Shadow Manipulation- controls shadows
2.Breath of darkness-breaths death into you. (causes confusion blindness)
3.Flames of hell-blue hot as fuck flames that burn your soul.
4.death- doom

Weapon:
Soul Crusher- This blade was forged hells very flames, the demon lord himself placed his will into the blade. It lusts for lost souls, and feeds on the weak. It is said that damage dealt by this horrific can never be fully healed. The pain eternities. When this blade slays it crushes the fools soul.

Weapon Boosts:
1.soul piercing- This blade pierces through to the soul.
2. Corruption- The corrupted sting of this sword and the flames of hell that surround it turn its victims into soulless zombies that due the knights bidding.
3. Limit break – scary power
4. Disengage- causes summoned creatures to return from whence they came.

Special Armour:
Deaths Carnage- This armor was forged from the scales of the demonic dragon, it grants its wearer no mercy. Only one with strong enough will can avoid killing while wearing this.

Armour Boosts:
1.Merciless – Grants users immunity to all status ailments.
2. Hells residue- Causes those you touch it with bare hands to be engulfed in the flames of hell.
3. Ethereal touch – can turn ethereal when he wants to.
4. Dooms aria – due the songs of dark witches this armor has massive magic defense, most low level spells just bounce off of it.

Weaknesses: None known at this time.

Overdrive: Hells Rampart: opens the gate of hell to nearly kill anything near him.

Personality:Only wishes to kill the one who granted him his blade.

Bio:A cursed warrior will you be the ones to save him from his fate, or will you die trying like the millions of other fools.​

That guy's fine, no problem! It says he only wants to kill the one who granted him his blade, which wasn't me, so I'm fine.

Gaz I can see rping with you as going to rock XD. Well to toss out the secret I am the guy who will be making all of the monsters for us to fight against in this rp. No worries nothing will be like him XD. But we can have some pretty tough guys if you would like.

I'm worried already. Ah well, as long as we aren't massacred before we even leave Kilika I'll be fine with it.

I'm worried already. Ah well, as long as we aren't massacred before we even leave Kilika I'll be fine with it.

*Cue Sin doing what he/she/it did to Kilika during FFX, killing everyone in one attack*

Don't give 'em ideas!

tales-of-graces-f-artwork-hubert-2.jpg

{ Drake Leradine }

{ AGE } 35

{ GENDER } Male

{ RACE } Spirian

{ Black mage }

Please list the abilities you can have (up to four) in the order you acquire them.

1. Basic elemental spells
2. Focus (increases all magic damage dealt and decreases all magic damage taken by 1/15th, affects the entire party. Can be stacked up to 5 times, but takes up a turn each time it's used.)
3. Osmose (Drains and absorbs MP from the target. Duh?)
4. Doublecast (Exactly what it says on the tin.)

{ Spirit Amulet }

mini_hakkero_v2_by_bobsixtyfour-d5odtgq.jpg

(Note the nearby pen; it's small enough to hold in one hand)

The Spirit Amulet is a powerful magic artifact used by mages to focus their spells and enhance their magical powers. Dozens of tiny crystals surround a hollow core, lighting up in accordance to the used spell's element and power.It has very little power in terms of physical strength, but it can fire off a small pressure wave to push away enemies that get too close for comfort. Note that this doesn't work on bigger enemies like Tombstones, Ochus and whatnot, so it's just a case of staying far away from those -- and if you let the former get close enough to you for them to attack you physically, you have yourself to blame.
An elemental item (Bomb fragment, Antarctic wind etc.) can be inserted into a hole that can open in the center for a one-time power boost to the next spell, assuming the elements match.(If they don't, the charge is kept until they do)

Tier 1: +10%
Tier 2: +25%
Tier 3: +50%

Some tongues seem to want to spread the rumor that the Spirit Amulet is actually a kind of Machina. Of course, the Church of Yevon would've never allowed it if this was the case. And seeing as he quite literally got the weapon from Kilika Temple, Drake generally ignores said comments.

{ WEAPON BOOSTS }

1. Infuse (It works similar to the Use command, but is directly linked to his weapon. see weapon description for more details.)
2. Magic +10% (Increases all magic damage by 10%)
3. Magic Booster (Increases all Magic damage by 50%, but also doubles MP cost. Stacks with other abilities)
4. Half MP Cost ( Gee, I wonder what this ability does...)

{Resonance Earrings}

bezak_wave_earrings.jpg

Meant to calm the mind and allow the user to focus under stress, the Resonance Earrings send out a small magical field protecting from common mind-altering status effects. It does little to nothing to prevent physical effects or attacks, however.

{ SPECIAL ARMOUR BOOSTS }

1. Silenceproof -- Protects from Silence 100% of the time, assuming normal accuracy
2. Berserkproof -- Protects from Berserk 100% of the time, assuming normal accuracy (So many Mages forget about this one :P)
3. Confuseproof -- Protects from Confuse 100% of the time, assuming normal accuracy (Although not quite as lethal for mages as it is for physical fighters, it fits with the theme.
4. Perfect Calm – Increases the effectiveness of the above to 255%, granting perfect immunity.

{ Chaincast }

Drake charges ups several spell charges (starting at 3, develops throughout the RP) at the same time. Then, depending on the situation, these can be spread out amongst several targets or focused on one, with the following effects.

1 charge - half normal damage.

2 charges - normal effectiveness.

3 charges - about 1.5* normal damage.

4 Charges - 2* normal damage, does minor splash damage (about 1-0.5 normal damage, depending on vicinity)

5 Charges - Pierces Magic Defense (but not Shell), hitting all targets in the AoE (see below) They essentially become their own unique spells.

AoE type:

Blizzard - A fan-like pattern of ice spears starting from Drake. It ignores allies, but hits all enemies caught in the stream. Damage is dependent on things like proximity, time caught in the stream etc.

Fire - A large fireball is hurled at the target, causing a large explosion on impact and hitting every enemy in a sphere-shaped area for about 3* normal damage.

Thunder - A hail of thunderbolts is spread in a circular area, centered on Drake, each hit doing 1* normal damage. These can theoretically hit a target more than once, but they can also miss entirely. In addition, since the AoE is centered on Drake, that means he needs to get into close quarters to make the best use of it, generally not a good thing for a mage.

Water - A large wave of water is shot at the enemies. It's similar to Blizzard, does slightly more damage, but hits a wider area and is ground-based. Fliers might avoid this attack entirely.

Only charges of the same spell can be combined; For example, using a Fire Charge and a Blizzard Charge on the same enemy counts as two 1-Charge attacks. In other words, the only way to use the most powerful attacks is to pool all charges into one element and on one target, which can be risky if the target's weakness/resistance is still unknown. All OD attacks are affected by any and all damage-boosting abilities, making it so that they're actually useful (unlike the original Fury, where Doublecast tended to do more damage with less Recovery Time.) Also, although it might be obvious, anything not in the AoE will not be affected at all. As an addendum, all OD attacks pierce Reflect.

For those who are interested in the theoretical maximum damage under perfect (And therefore unlikely) circumstances:

Assuming base damage to be 100 for easy calculating -

100 * 1.5 (Best infusing) = 150
150 * 1.5 (Magic Booster) = 225
225 * 1.33 (5 Focuses) = 299.25
299.25 * 1.10 (Magic+10%) = 329.175
329.175 * 2 (weakness) = 658.35
658.35 * 2 (OD 4 charges/Doublecast) = 1316.7, or more than 13 times base damage. Ouch?

A 5-Charge OD can theoretically do even more damage, but these tend to be more random. In more realistic scenarios, though, damage will never reach theses ridiculous levels. For example, the 5 Focuses and high-end Infuses are both reserved for bosses, ODs can only be used once in a while, and DC is endgame only.

{ PERSONALITY } (Along with a bit of Bio/History)

Calm and collected, Drake prefers to solve problems through intellect and speech instead of brute force. The back side of this is that, when he does lose his temper, he tends to lose it big time, much like a dam breaking.
He knows quite a bit about the local (Kilikan) monsters, along with basic knowledge of the general stats of monster types (Flans are weak against magic, Helms are resistant against it, etc.). The more exotic monsters, however (Ghosts, Behemoths, Tombstones and such), he knows very little about, mostly because of the fact that most people who've seen those monsters would not live to tell the tale, one way or another.
He has a good, albeit not photographic memory, allowing him to easily remember trivia, facts about properties of Fiends and such.

{ HISTORY }
(Along with a bit of Personality)

For most of his life, Drake has lived in Luca, studying as a Black Mage and fighting the local Fiends in order to keep the city safe. The thing is, Luca isn’t exactly the best town to learn about things like that. Instead, in between the Sphere Theatre and the Blitzball Stadium, it’s a haven for humanity to relax and feel safe, even if just for a short while. Still, Drake took every opportunity to learn that what was learnable, however little it may be.

Soon after that, Drake moved towards Kilika, wanting to learn more about lore and magic. He hoped that the priests in the temple would be able to help him. The priests agreed to train him; in return, they asked him to protect the temple and the local area from fiends to the best of his ability. During this time, Drake received his weapon, the Spirit Amulet, and a pair of Resonance Earrings, both of which are meant to allow mages to focus and enhance their spells. (Before that, he used a simple rod instead, which had far less special properties.)

It was there that he got to know Rina. For the most part, he didn't really feel comfortable getting too close to her, if only because of the massive age difference. He did know, however, that Summoners are the only hope for Spira's future, and as such decided to become her Guardian when she came of age.

Last edited:
Ha, nice! Tales of Graces is a pretty cool game :)

And now I get a closer look at it, yeah, that weapon would certainly be perfect for those SWEET RAVE PARTIES I was talking about!

Well then, there's a thing. I might've overlooked a thing here or there, so just point it out to me if you see any problems.

Also, my guy is ANCIENT in JRPG standards XD.

Yeah, 35? I'm surprised you haven't retired, man! Thought you'd be too busy helping take care of the grandkids to go adventuring.

In my defense, Auron is/was 35 too :P

He was also a ghost! (Spoilers oops)

Tch, details.

Also, if we we include other FF games; Strago was 70!

It is funny how jRPGs treat characters in their early twenties as battle hardened veterans, and men in their thirties as old dudes.

That is Japan for ya XD, Also nice character. I have to thank you for being the first person joining this rp to make an actually good black mage, the last time Clumsy opened this rp on a different site our black mage tried to kick that black knight I listed above XD. Yes a black mage attempted to do melee damage instead of casting a spell.... I wish you guys all the best of luck in this rp. My character in my opinion is a bit over powered but I am only going to be using him to keep the fights going well. I know that sounds a bit cruel but, I some times get out of hand with the monsters 0_0... So I sorta need a back up plan if I make anything to ummm fun.. So yeah like I said you guys are going to love this rp, Clumsy is one of the coolest gms you will ever meet. I can wait for this thing to get started.

Lol, a Black Mage kicking that Death Knight? That sounds ridiculous. I wanna read that for myself XD

Maybe she multiclassed? Action Mage! Now with Kung Fu Grip!

Reactions: 2 people
Awesome Character! ^_^ I'm hoping to get an IC up either tomorrow evening or the day after.

Status
Not open for further replies.