The Supernatural Life

Status
Not open for further replies.
"They don't really mind how late, it's just so my mum knows," Echo replied. She knew humans, or at least some humans, had curfew, but her parents didn't do that. They wouldn't care if she was gone for twelves hours as long as she came back before she said she would. "Besides, I've been to parties before, so this won't be any different really," not ready to admit that she'd been to birthday parties and family parties.

"We should check out that country club," Iris said to her husband. "I don't think elves are allowed, Iris," Eldwin replied gently. He knew his wife would be disappointed, but he had to be honest. "Why?" she asked. "It's a human club, we can ask but we could be turned away."

Aella and Atlas were eating the sweets as the child yelled. "Umm...because we're elves," Atlas said, gradually getting quieter as the girl was dragged away. "Get used to that, it'll happen a lot," Aella told him, smiling at him to lighten him up. "You're right," Atlas sighed, almost disappointed that she was right. There was many observations from children who hadn't seen them before in curiosity, and from the adults mainly disgust. "I wonder why they don't like us," Atlas said. "Because we're different," his sister shrugged.

((real quick note, before I said my blonde vampire callgirl's name was Milly, she is an old character that I havent used in forever and at the moment I couldn't really remember her name and I thought it was Milly but I remembered today whle looking through old rps that it was Libby))

"Alright awesome awesome" Chad said surprised because she didn't seem like the kind of girl that normally ended up at parties.
"So wanna skate down to the corner store? Get some snackage?" Jack said wrapping his arm around Chads shoulder.
"Yeah dude, some snackage" Alex said coming up on chads opposite side and wrapping his arm around his shoulder as well, imitating his brother.
Chad laughed a little, slightly embarassed about his weirdo friends he looked up at Echo.
"Would you like to come get some "Snackage" With us" Chad said holding up his hands to do airquotes as he said "snackage"

The nearby blonde smiled to herself, she wasn't looking at the couple but she was definetly listening, she wore a huge black sunhat, dark glassed and a tight black dress that went down to her knees. She turned and gave the couple a quick look over. She immediately noticed their ears, she knew of one elf family that lived in the town currently but they were pretty unknown to the majority of the humans. She was surprised to see supernaturals out in the open like this, it interested her. She checked out the two and decided that they might be able to get in, if they had the money of course. Normally lower class citizens, even humans couldn't get into the club but she decided to give it a shot. She grinned and walked up to the two.
"Hello there, I'm Libby" She said holding out her thin pale hand decorated with diamond rings. Her smile was beautiful and flawless, her fangs sticking out only a little but they weren't obvious when she just grinned.

One woman who was working at the cafe that they were sitting at happened to see what happened and decided to go out and talk to them.
"Hey there guys, want anything to drink?" She asked trying her best to come off kind, scared that these rude people would make them afraid or hate the humans.

((Okay))

Echo couldn't help but laugh, "I'll come get some 'snackage'," she said, copying Chad's air quotes. She didn't know living in a town could be so much fun, and they hadnt barely done anything except exchange a few words to make her smile. She checked her pockets for money, pleased to see there was some coins waiting for her to use. She was surprised that it was so easy to make friends, and was even looking forward to going to school.

Iris was nervous at the sound of a voice, the pair had been standing there as if they were lost, "Oh, hello there. I'm Iris," she shook the hand, glancing at the ring. Her own hand had boasted a singular ring, of her marriage, so she was taken aback. Her own ring was a golden circle with the engraving of her husband's name, and she knew Eldwin had her name on his. She smiled, throwing the smile back at her. The woman opposite her was pretty, and looked younger than her, and human. There was something off about her, something not completely human, but when Iris couldn't put her finger on it, she let it go. The only thing Eldwin could see was her hat, since he was taller than his wife.

Aella looked at the menu as the woman approached, "Can I have a hot chocolate please?" she said to answer the question. She didn't know what any of these things were, so she went with the one sshe recognised. "No thank you," Atlas shook his head. He didn't really want to buy anything now, since he'd bought sweets with half his pocket money. He had a sweet tooth, and Aella knew he wouldn't want anything else now. She smiled politely at the woman, appreciating that she had came when Aella needed something down her throat.

They made their way out of the park and onto the sidewalk. Chad let Rin and the twins take the lead. The store that they were heading to was once a small pharmacy back in the twenties but now it was a very small general store, it mainly sold snacks, candy, drinks, some medicines. batteries and small stuff like hats and sunglasses. Chad stayed in the back with Echo, he hopped on his board and followed after the others, looking back to make sure that Echo was keeping up.

The woman looked up at the tall elf.
"And you are?" She said grinning again, her skin was pale and flawless, she almost looked unreal, like a porcelain doll, her perfect wavy blonde hair hung down past her shoulders, everything seemed unnaturally perfect. Her bright red lips framed her perfect smile as she extended her hand out to the husband.

"Are you sure hun, I could get you a glass of water, won't cost you a dime" The girl said with a slight southern twang in her voice.

Echo had wanted to zoom off, but she didn't want to get lost. "They put stores in weird places," she muttered to herself. To Echo, all stores should be under one roof, like they were where she came from. She didn't say anything else until they got there, where she picked up her skateboard, flipping it upwards with her foot so she could catch it.

"Eldwin," he said, shaking her hand. He couldn't lie, she was pretty, though even when she was so youthful-looking, he didn't see her as beautiful as his wife. He didn't get why everybody shook hands, even though the elves did it, a lot of random things went through the man's head. "Nice to meet you, Libby." He smiled at her.

"I'm okay, thanks," Atlas said, smiling, "But I'll remember that," he tapped his head in a joking way. Aella giggled. The twins were close, it was obvious to any onlooker, and Atlas wasn't really wanting anything at that moment, though he probably would later.

The boys picked up their skateboards and headed into the store, the clerk recognized them and greeted them kindly. She looked at the girl and smiled.
"Made a new friend I see" The woman smiled and continued organizing stuff on the small counter.
"Yeah her name is Echo" Rin called out, he was already making his way down one of the isles.
"Nice to meet you Echo, Im Nancy" The woman smiled. She was an older woman, around forty or so, dark natural copper hair and covered in freckles, she had a fairly thin frame and thin face.
Chad wandered down the drink isle, unsure of what he wanted.

"It is nice to meet you to, So I haven't seen you two around before, are you new?" She asked, already knowing the answer to her own question, she liked playing clueless, she also did not know how to carry on the conversation that she wanted to carry unless she approached it in this way.

She smiled and went to go get Aella's hot chocolate, she returned a few moments later and carefully set the drink down.
"Be careful it's hot" She said turning to walk back

"It's nice to meet you too, Nancy," Echo replied, making a mental note to tell Aella and Atlas to spend their pocket money here. It was a nice place, and Echo looked around for something she recognised, and saw the drinks. She got herself a powerade, and smiled, getting out money to pay for it. She had seen something similar to the drink, and guessed it would be the same.

"Yes, we're new to town, just getting used to the," Iris began as hundreds of things raced through her mind, "Area." She smiled at Libby, though couldn't see where the conversation was actually heading. "Humans," Eldwin had said at the same time as Iris said 'area' and he felt rather sheepish that that was what he said but not what Iris did.

"I will, thanks," Aella smiled, but something seemed different to Atlas. "Is everything okay?" Atlas asked. "Everybody's watching us, I think we should go after I've finished this." Atlas nodded, "Okay." Aella began drinking the hot chocolate, not caring if it was hot, or burning her throat. She put it down, she'd left half for Atlas. "Drink it, it's nice." He picked it up cautiously, and sipped it.

Everyone purchased their snacks, Jack and Alex decided to get some chips and a soda. Rin decided on a couple of packs of beef jerky and some water. Chad just picked himself out this new peach tea drink thing, he liled trying new things so he would give it a shot. They made their way out of the store and stood there for a few moments. Jack and Alex got a random call from one of their parents and had to leave.
Rin and Chad looked over at the setting sun.
"Do you have a cell phone?" Chad asked, trying to think of how he would get in touch with her later.

Libby grinned and then actually laughed a bit at Eldwins comment, when she laughed she tilted her head back a little and placed her hand on her cold chest, her fangs completely visible at this point.
"Oh funny funny, Yes humans are a funny thing aren't they" She sighed still laughing a little.
"I just overheard you talking about the country club, I happen to be a member myself and I was wondering If you were....truly interested in joining because I might be able to pull a few strings" She said pulling down her sunglasses a little and winking one of her bright red eyes at the two.

The woman watched from inside, she had never seen elves just walking around town before, she felt weird for just staring at them but she had heard stories of what happened to some supernatual beings that just walked around town, especially as the sun was beginning to set a little. She was trying to keep an eye on them to make sure none of those horrid things she had heard about would happen to the kids.

"Yes, I got a cellphone for my birthday," she brought it out of her back pocket and shown him it. It wasn't a smartphone, her parents hated them, but it was thin and comfortable to hold in her hand. "Why?" She watched Jack and Alex leave, and wondered what they were going to do when they reached their home. "I should call my mum about that party, shouldn't I?" She couldn't wait to go to the party.

"Wow, really? That would be...well, it would be amazing," Eldwin was pleased. Iris sighed, "You're making a fool of yourself." Eldwin shrugged, "I mean, yeah, we'd like that." Yes! A golf course where my family will leave me alone!

Aella got up and brought the cup inside, "Thank you." She left it on the counter, before walking back to the flower stand where they were meeting their parents. "Hey, mum, hey, dad." Iris gave Libby an apologising look, "Hi kids, do you mind walking home? Me and dad need to talk to Libby." The twins nodded, beginning to walk home. "We could ask Echo for a key," Atlas said.

"Yeah, plus I just kinda wanted it to keep in touch with you basically. I can walk you home but I kinda need to go get some chores done and shower and stuff before the party. But I wanted to be able to text you before we went to the party " he said noticing that their phones were very similar but he didn't really say anything about it.

"Oh wonderful, there is a lovely gathering going on tomorrow for new members, you eat, you talk and at the end of the night we decide who gets a spot basically " she said grinning. Hoping to make a few friends out of the new people in town. A lot of people didn't like to be associated with her because of her profession.

Libby gave a fake smile as the children walked up. She didn't really pay them much attention. She was never really sure how to act around one.

"Oh, I see, I'll give you my number then," Echo said, handing him her phone, that was telling them her number, "There you go." She didn't have many contacts and was quite pleased with herself.

"It's not going to be too late, right?" Iris asked. "Iris, it doesn't matter how late it is..." Eldwin said. "Well, the kids have school on Monday... Oh well. They can take care of themselves. What time is it?" Iris turned to Libby at the last sentence. She was happy to meet someone who wasn't human.

"Hey, Echo!" Aella shouted from the end of the street as they turned the corner. The two went up to their sister casually. "Can we have the door key please?" Echo sighed, "The door is open." Atlas watched Chad, "Why does he have your phone?" Echo laughed, "Because I gave it to him." Atlas pulled a face, but went inside. He knew his sister wasn't in the mood for interrogation. "Is he her boyfriend?" he asked Aella when they got inside. "No, don't be silly!" Aella giggled.

"Those the twine you were talking.about ?" Chad asked while putting his number into her phone and handed it back to her
"The party should start around 9 pm or so and it isssssss almost 7 right now" Chad said checking his phone.

Libby smiled at the two, " The party starts around 6 and normally ends around eleven or so.. for most" She laughed a little to herself finding herself way to funny but quit when she noticed that they obviously didn't find her as funny as she found herself which was completely understandable , they had no idea what she did with her time.
"You should come though, it would be nice to see a little diversity to the crowd this time around" She said putting and hand on one hip. She knew the husband would fit in for the most part, he seemed like a lot of the men there for the most part besides the species factor. There was a collection of wives though that had all sorts of activities that they did while the men were distracted with golfing and socializing. She was interested to see how the woman behaved when she wasn't around the husbnd, she honestly had no respect for any man, she honestl thought they were pretty useless outside of producing.

"Yeah," Echo sighed, watching them and deciding she didn't need to tell her mother about the party, she'd just go. "Why don't I meet you at the skate park?" She wanted to know if it was a full-on rave or just a harmless party, but she stayed quiet.

As Libby told them the time, the couple nodded and Eldwin brought out a small black book, a timetable. He turned to the date and was glad to see there was no events, so he wrote down that he was attending. Therefore, Iris knew they were going. Five hours was needed for an introduction? Mentally, she shook her head but physically she smiled. Libby had then began laughing but Iris was unsure what she was laughing at, and so did Eldwin. Had she tricked them? By the time she'd stopped, Iris had regretted ever mentioning the club to her husband. "Umm..." she had began but didn't know what to say. Eldwin finished her sentence, "Thanks, we'll see you tomorrow at six."

"Alright that sounds good, I can always text you when I get there since you don't live far off" He said smiling at her.
"Alright I will see you then" He said as him and Rin took their leave,both of them waved as they skated off down the road.

"Alright see you two there" Libby winked at the couple and strutted off down the little pathway that ran through the middle of the farmers market, she smiled to herself feeling quiet confident and happy with what she had done. Ready for the day to come.

Later that night Rin and Chad skated to the park, chad felt a little nervous, unsure of how she was going to react at first to the party. He pulled out his phone and shot her a quick text.

"Hey, We are in the sk8 park" He typed out and took a seat on his board on the outside of the fence.

"She's kinda cute" Rin said looking back over to as he sat on his own board next to Chad.
"Yeah" Chad said in agreement even though he didn't really look at her like that.

The second she'd got in, Echo was pleased to learn that her parents were not home. She'd not changed herself much apart from redoing her plait nearly. The hour had been bombarded by questions by the twins. "I'll give you my pocket money next week for you to be quiet," she promised, before walking out after her phone vibrated.

"We will, have a good day," Eldwin smiled. He and his wife continued going through the market, assuming that Echo was babysitting the twins. "We'll give her double money this week," Eldwin said, "You don't get many teenagers who take care of their siblings."

"Umm, hi guys," she said, coming over and smiling. "Am I late?" She didn't know if she should make an excuse or not, but there was only one: I had to bribe my two siblings for them to not tell my parents I didn't babysit them. She felt a little guilty, leaving them there, and she hoped they didn't make a mess. Or, at least, much of a mess. She also hoped that this little fact wouldn't frighten her off and ruin her having fun at the party.

"Nope right on time" Chad said with a grin,
"WEll actually, we are late but It is our fault not yours" He said with a weird look on his face when he remembered back to him and his friend running around like two giddy teenage girls trying to make themselves look perfect.
They picked up their boards.
"The road he lives on isn't the smoothest so we will probably have to walk instead of skate but it isn't to far from here" Chad said leading the way to the party.

They walked and nonchalently took turns pointing out houses and landmarks to Echo and told stories of their childhood. Rin and Chad were closer than many assumed but they had grown up together and we practically brothers. They looked forward to see a house in the distance, an old two story home, built around the 80's. Almost twenty cars were parked outfront along the road and lights flashed through some of the windows. The porch was covered with teenagers all having a redsolo cup in one hand and a cell phone in the other.
"Don't worry that is a Human party" Rin whispered over to Echo as they walked past. A few boys from the porch whistled at Echo.

She was nervous she'd made them late, but she was relieved at his comment of who made them late. The stories she was told gave her various reactions, some made her laugh, some made her hate some humans, others kept her neutral, and she began replying with stories of her own. The town was more interesting than the country in appearance, but it was the countryside who had beautiful gardens.

As they passed the human party and the boys wolf-whistled, Echo wanted to strangle them. She knew for a fact when they were sober they'd despise her, most of them. "Yeah, thought so," Echo whispered back, she was a red now, but rather in her anger than in her embarrassment. Her voice gave off a rather sharp vibe, different from the optimistic one she had came out with. She only had it speaking about humans, they hated her and she'd learnt that, but that was alright: she'd just hate them back.

Chad and Rin glared over at the boys, Rin debated with Chad on whether or not to go over that but Chad insisted on not getting involved.

They continued down the street until they got to a smaller two story house. There was obviously music coming from inside and colorful lights still came through some of the downstairs windows. The music was more of a mellow tone and there were no drunks wandering around outside, the aura of the place seemed a lot calmer and laid back.
Chad walked up to the door just as a couple of tall lanky skater looking guys wandered outside to smoke.
They greeted each other and didn't really pay much attention to Rin or Echo.
The group went inside to see two couches sitting in the living room. The couch was covered with people all chatting amongst each other and listening to music. There was a small area behind the couch where a small group of people were dancing around.
Chad lead the two into the kitchen area where he assumed Mike would be. In the middle of the kitchen was a circular table covered in alcohol bottles. A couple small groups of people stood around talking. One boy looked over at them, he locked his red eyes with Echos for a moment and grinned. He walked over to the group.
"Mike this is Echo, Echo this is Mike" Chad said standing in between the two. Mike was a very tall pale guy with sharp features. He had blood red eyes and very dark blue hair and wore a grey beanie.
"Nice to meet you" Mike said holding his hand out. He gave her a friendly grin, all of his teeth appeared to be sharp, and similar to that of a sharks.

The music was calm, and that made Echo calm as well. She wanted to dance, but Chad seemed to want to show her something and she didn't want to be rude as he had invited her. Besides, there was time for dancing later.

She found the party not really a party but more of a club-like thing for supernatural teenagers and young adults. It was strange to think there was many that didn't know about some of these guys being supernatural, and the rest were treated differently by the humans. Once again, her mind wandered to Rin. What was he then?

Her mind was boggled by the fact her family thought they were all humans here, and yet, she could clearly see all sorts of species in this room. Along with alcohol. She hoped she wouldn't get too drunk.

When she was looking around the room she had been guided into, her eyes fell on a speck of red, that was so extraordinary since the room was mostly white. It took her a few moments for her to notice they were eyes, friendly eyes greeting her. A huge grin helped that, and she grinned back. Echo wasn't sure how she felt safe, the whole thing about stranger-danger she'd been told in the car didn't seem to matter to her anymore.

The red-eyed grinner came up to the two, and Chad introduced them both. She felt pleased that Chad was introducing his friends to her. He held out his hand and she shook it, "It's nice to meet you too." The sharp teeth had took her by surprise but she hid it. She smiled, to hide it until she got used to it. She'd never seen a shark, and so they were the first she'd seen so pointy, all of them. She wondered what Mike was as well.

Mike noticed her take a sneaky quick glance at his teeth.
'Like em'? " Mike asked grinning a little wider so she could get a good look.
"Mike here is a tiefling" Rin said trying not to get to distracted by the alcohol on the table.
"Yes sir I am" Mike said laughing to himself a little.

A group of girls wandered into the kitchen and saw Echo.
"Oh you are so prettyyyyy" One of the girls said looking over at Echo, she was trying to be nice but the alcohol was making her voice slur and her walk a little wobbly.
Chad and Rin laughed a little at the girls.
"They always start early" Chad said to no one in particular, whoever was listening.
He Didn't want Echo to seem confined to just hanging out with them, but he didn't want her to think that he was trying to get rid of her either.

"Lets get some drinks then shall we?" Mike wandered over to the table. When he turned his back to the group a long thick red spade tail hung down to the floor. It dragged a little but he didn't really seemed to notice all that much. Two Deep red batlike wings were folded and tucked in close to his back in a natural resting position.

"Im not sure if you drink or not but your welcome to do whatever, You just can't go into Mike's room is all" Chad said unaware that Mike had heard him until Mike replied with.
"Unless you are invited of course" he said and shot Echo a playful wink as he continued digging through the bottles.

Status
Not open for further replies.