3. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
Genres
fandom, slice of life, modern, fantasy

the students of westbrook

the beginning

Welcome to Westbrook, a part of land in the middle of a large forest that is dedicated to keeping supernatural species away from the real world, until they can master their powers and control their urges. Westbrook is like a town of its own, surging with people from all walks of life... The supernatural life, that is. It contains shops, homes, restaurants and all the things you'd find in a normal suburban town. And on the outskirts, closer to the forest line, is Wesbtrook Academy, the school for those supernatural creatures. Once graduated, you'd be free to travel the world, as long as you stick to the word of the High Council.

The High Council is a group of Elders -- one from each species that exists in Wesbtrook. They oversee the town and they make the rules. Break one, and you will face punishment. Break two, and you will face immediate death. A town full of supernaturals is hard to control, so extreme measures have to be taken.

But those are just minor hiccups in this lovely town. You're all here to learn and to have experiences at Wesbtrook Academy. Put aside those rumours of something more dangerous that haunts the woods around your school castle, and focus on getting through the school year that will most likely be packed with action and a lot of drama.
the rules

- @Violet is my CO-GM. Anything we say, goes. We have the right to deny and accept anyone.
- We will be using REAL face claims. No anime or realistic drawings.
- Please do not post in the CS without speaking to one of us first. In this OOC thread, let us know which species you want and which gender, as well as face claims so that you can reserve it. Once you reserve your spots though, you have to try and finish your CS within a week's time.
- You are allowed a minimum of 2 characters and a maximum of 8. No odd nunber of characters please as we are trying to keep the genders even.
- Please try not to request two of the same species.
- This will be a pretty casual roleplay. A minimum of two paragraphs per character is required but activity is flexible.
- No Godmodding. No perfect characters.
- Please give equal importance to all your characters. Do not reserve eight and then give priority to 2. If you can't handle 8, just take 2.
- Please include the word Supernatural when you are requesting your characters.
the species

These are the species that exist within Westbrook. You were all born into it, not turned. There are no hybrids.

VAMPIRES { 1F / 0M }
Vampires need blood to live, and naturally, human blood is the best, but they can survive off of animal blood as well. The school has a cafeteria that provides you with animal blood during meal times. There are no vampire covens in Westbrook, just families. Vampires are not immune to sunlight but Wesbtrook has a magicak shield covering their land, courtesy of the Warlock Elder, to protect Vampires from the sun rays, so they can walk about during day time without being harmed. Before leaving out into the world, they are given a ring that possesses a power to make them immune to sunlight, but onky if they are wearing it. Powers include: Super strength, super speed, hypnotism, retractable fangs, heightened senses. On occasion, a vampire may be born with a special power that others do not. (If you would like one, you have to request which power. Only very few will have one.)

WEREWOLVES { 1F / 0M }
Werewolves do not exist in packs, in Westbrook. Forming packs or covens is against Westbrook law so that there may be unity between all species. Werewolves eat most anything, but prefer meat, and they can get plenty of it at the Wesbtrook Academy cafeteria. Werewolves can, for the most part, phase at will once they've mastered the ability, however when it's a full moon, even the most controlled werewolf will be unable to stop themselves from changing. It lasts a whole night. When they get angry, there is also a possibility for phasing, for those that have less control. Powers include: Phasing, retractable claws, heightened senses, super strength.

THE FAE { 1F / 1M }
Fae people appear like normal humans, but are exceptionally good looking. They generally have mischievous behaviours and one physical feature of theirs is usually different, like a different eye colour, or slightly pointed ears. They eat normal food like any other humans but they do get cravings for sweets ever now and then and when they satisfy their craving, they can get a bit mote devious. The school does what they can to prevent sweets from being circulated too much for this very reason. Powers include: lie detection, charmspeak, heightened senses, super speed (probably the fastest of all species, but definitely not strongest). Some Fae people have the ability to fly but it is very rare.

ELEMENTALS { 0F / 3M }
All elementals look like normal humans all the time. The only difference is that they have the ability to influence one of the four core elements of the world: water, fire, wind and earth. This is something they are born with and cannot choose. The element you are given to at birth is the element you have to learn to control. Elementals are stronger when they are closer to their element. Powers include: pyrokinesis, hydrokinesis, aerokinesis, terrakinesis.

WARLOCKS { 1F / 0M }
Warlocks are magical beings. They too appear human but they practise spells and magic. All Warlocks are required to keep a wand which is the source of their power. It is merely to keep their power strong when casting spells, they do not use it for every day tasks. If a wand is broken -- and it takes a lot for a wand to break since it isn't ordinary wood -- a Warlock will be unable to continue practising magic. Warlocks do not have powers as such but they can perform spells within their spell books and by using their wands. They can also make potions of various sorts.

SHAPESHIFTERS {0F / 1M }
Shapeshifters come in two types. There are those that can transform into animals. They have the ability to communicate with animals in their human form and animal form. They transform into one animal for the rest of their life. If you've seen Harry Potter, think like an Animagus. The other type of shapeshifter is one that can transform into other human beings, but only ones they have seen before. Once they do, they only gain the person's appearance, and nothing more. If not changed back within a certain time period, it can become harder to change back later, and this applies to both sets of shapeshifters.

NYMPHS { 1F / 0M}
Nymphs can be male or female. There are two types of nymphs. Tree nymphs and water nymphs. Water nymph families come from various named rivers. When born, they are given a small vial that contains some of that river water which acts as their life source. If they are away from that life source for too long, they will become mortal and they could possibly die. The same applies to tree nymphs that have their own family tree. They have a vial with a piece of the root of the tree that acts as their life source. Water nymphs have control over most water sources while tree Nymphs control most earth related sources.
the classes

These are the classes offered to all students. Section A is filled with the mandatory classes while Section B contains electives. Every student must take a minimum of two and a maximum of four electives.

SECTION A
- English (Spoken and written)
- Wildlife Survival 101
- Stealth and Agility
- Team Sports
- World History

SECTION B
- Beast Taming
- Cultural Studies
- Dueling
- Spell-Casting
- Human Psychology
- Astronomy
- Home Economics
- Healing

the activities

Like any ordinary school, Westbrook Academy tries to give its students the proper experience with various sports teams and activities, though not all sports and activities are things that normal humans participate in. Students are allowed to be in up to three clubs and can participate in up to three sports.

SPORTS/ACTIVITIES
- Soccer
- Basketball
- Pegasus riding
- Capture the Flag
- Swimming (water nymphs and water elementals have a separate competition)
- Chariot Racing
- Cheerleading
- Gymnastics
- Dueling
- Hunting

CLUBS
- Photography club
- Music club
- Theater club
- Human studies club
- Cooking club
- Support club (like a support group to vent)
- Friendly Alliances club (where species that aren't friendly come to make peace if they wish to)
- Hiking club
- Gardening club
- Writing club
- Reading club
- Debate club

the houses

Westbrook academy has four houses. Upon entering the school, you are told to take a test which will determine which house you belong to. For the rest of your school years, you compete for your house and wear your house colours.

VENTUS
The house that sports the colour yellow. Their sigil is a falcon and their key words include: optimism, clarity and warmth. The house words are: "Good Things Happen".

AQUA
The house that sports the colour blue. Their sigil is an octopus and their key words include: trust, strength and independence. The house words are: "There's Always a Chance to be Better".

TERRA
The house that sports the colour green. Their sigil is a wolf and their key words include: freedom, growth and peace. The house words are: "Our Courage Gives Us Our Freedom".

IGNIS
The house that sports the colour red. Their sigil is a lioness and their key words include: confidence, courage and passion. The house words are: "Our Passion Makes Things Possible".

The link for taking the test is below. You must take the test only after the character sheet for that character has been completed. Please answer as your respective character.

OOC | IC | CS

Last edited:
r e s e r v e d

Are we allowed to start reserving or are things still under construction?

Reactions: larbable
Cool! Could I reserve a female Fae and have Madelaine Petsch as my FC?

Oh!

Can I reserve one female fae and one male elemental? Madelaine Petsch for the fae and... Ezra Miller for the elemental.

Oh!

Can I reserve one female fae and one male elemental? Madelaine Petsch for the fae and... Ezra Miller for the elemental.
You still haven't read the rules entirely but yes you may ^^

Oh!

Which element did yiu want for your elemental?

the CS is up!

Reactions: larbable
So, I am pretty interested in this but I this k it would take me a little while to get my characters because I don't have a computer to make them on.

So, I am pretty interested in this but I this k it would take me a little while to get my characters because I don't have a computer to make them on.
That's alright haha, since we don't have many people yet it's pretty slow paced. You have time if you still wanna join!

That's alright haha, since we don't have many people yet it's pretty slow paced. You have time if you still wanna join!
Awesome! I most certainly would!

Reactions: MaryGold
i'm curious why we must have a minimum of two characters? :o

It's to keep the genders even. ^~^

Oh, so how many people were you hoping to have then? A really small group, I assume, if people are required to take up two characters?

Oh, so how many people were you hoping to have then? A really small group, I assume, if people are required to take up two characters?
Oh, no not necessarily. There can be lots of characters too. I guess I'll close sign ups when I feel like there are more than enough so it depends on how many each person takes.

Status
Not open for further replies.