The street kid

"Well,all of a sudden it doesn't really feel that way. I've brought up questions that I can't even answer. Got me thinking if I did the right thing in housing other homeless kids. The happy faces were enough to keep me going,but.....I don't know how much hope,and joy I have left in me. It's like I'm hanging off a cliff." Knight stared at the ground. "I'm only 17,yet..I feel like a stressed out parent that's lost all hope in raising they're child right. It's..hard.."

Red thought about what he said for a moment. Then she had an idea. "When was the last time that you actually had fun? I mean no worrying about other street kids or making dinner." she asked him.

"Fun?.....such a thing was almost non-existent in my life. Aside from the ridicule,and constant beatings..then being kicked out of a moving car,and left to die on the streets." Knight gently rubbed his chest. "Friends,and fun are things I didn't have much of. What good would it serve a confused soul like me?" Knight asked.

Red knew exactly what he meant. She remembered the beatings she would get daily herself. Shaking her head she asked, "Well maybe it could relieve some of that stress. Having may take your mind off the hardships in life. Say...do u like movies?"

"Movies? Yes,yes I do. I used to offer protection from rival gangs,back then I didnt even consider my well being,fighting off criminals to protect other criminals. It was how I obtained money. I quit doing that,and most of the money I still have went into some of the things you see In this house,never used it for my own enjoyment. If you're asking if I'm interested In seeing one...I don't mind. There isn't much I do in my spare time."

"You did?" that most definitely interested Red. She could never imagine herself getting into a fight. I wouldn't know the first thing about fighting she thought laughing at herself.

"Yeah,most of these scars aren't from my parents alone. I've gotten my ass handed to me a few times,but whenever I'd really put my mind to what I did. I would be triumphant. In a sense,it sort of corresponds with my nickname."

Red stared in awe of Knight for a few minutes. "Did you ever get scared? Did the gangs ever turn on you? How did u start?" she asked. Redcouldnt help all of the questions that seemed to be falling from her mouth.

"At times I would get scared,after all most thugs carried weapons..like bats and sharp things. All I had were my fists,and whatever I could use at my disposal. The gangs that I protected shortly..I don't know why,but after I'd get the job done they'd seem a bit afraid of me. I've never been betrayed,and it's a good thing I stopped before I got myself killed. As to how I started,at the time when I was left to die on the streets,after a bit of that kind of living I was somewhat of a rebel. Didn't care much for my well being so I'd attempt to beat up anyone who gave even the slightest sign of disgust. It's how the gangs got interested in me. I was like..a mercenary with no morals." Knight exhaled.

Still a tad depressed he asked. "Does that answer all of your questions?"

2morrow snorted, "Not getting any help from you" he spat at Hiita as he picked himself up. For once his thin body didn't feel light anymore; probably wouldn't even if it was entirely empty. I've got at least another block to get home....... If I make it there he could feel his head buzz and he was thinking of the worst so he closed his eyes to relax himself.

Snow looked behind her and was sort of relieved to see Red and Knight not following her but disappointed. "What a Knight" she muttered under her breath as she kept going. Getting closer to home but taking a different route then 2morrow.

Knight laughed. "I try too hard to meet the expectations of homeless kids that aren't even grateful. I can tell....yet i continue. I'm an idiot." He leaned back,and attempted to play his harmonica once more. A soothing tune began to play.

She stepped back when he spat at her, looking away. "Well... sorry for offering..." She let out a small sigh and walked past him, going down the street to continue her look for shelter even though she was soaked already.

Knight stopped playing again as he glimpsed a girl walking in the rain. "Hmm?" He got up,and opened the door. Looking at her as she walked in the opposite direction of the home. "Hey! It's not safe to be roaming around during a storm. Come on in!" He shouted.

2morrow sighed and felt a small twinged, he hadn't meant to snap but he was in pain as well as on the verge of going unconscious and becoming very numb as he slumped down again. "Might as well die" he muttered to himself.

Helen finally found Stone and the horror of blood. She shivered and began to lead Stone away, it wasn't safe here anymore so they had to go. Stone wouldn't budge until 2morrow was found. Helen snorted and began to run back to Knight and Red, she needed help.

It appeared as though the girl might've not heard him. He sighed before closing the door. "It's getting dark,I'll light a few candles." Knight went into the kitchen area,and lit three. Placing two in the living room,and one near the stairs.

Red stood up from the couch and stretched. It was starting to get dark now and she could feel the nervousness coming. "May i have a candle?" she asked Knight.

"Sure,no problem. Ive got plenty." Knight went back into the box of candles,and lit another. Putting it in a holster so the wax doesn't get on Red's skin. "Afraid of the dark?" he asked.

Helen got back to the house and narrowed her eyes, "Hey!" she knocked on the door as she she panted softly as she waited. She finally figured out where 2morrow was and Tears was still alive, barely though but she needed medical supplies and hopefully Knight had some.

Knight opened the door,and eyed Snow confusedly. "Found your friends?.." he asked.
"If they're badly injured I can treat them,but I'm not a miracle worker." He went upstairs to the hallway closet,opened it,and took out a large medical kit that was on the ground. Heading back to snow with an unemotional look on his face. "Let's go."

Helen nodded and lead Knight over to 2morrow who looked up and almost snapped again but then narrowed his eyes. "Snow!" he said happily then frowned as he saw Knight, "Who is he?" he spat out trying to stand up again. His left leg was bent awkwardly and the other just shook, his entire body was shaking. Most of the blood was coming from his right shoulder.