The street kid

Red didn't need to be told twice to dig in. Did he say seconds? she thought I must be in heaven. Red took a chunk of the bread and began to eat her stew. She tried to use her manners but she was so hungry that got left far behind. She swallowed the last mouthful in a matter of minutes. "Wow that was absolutely amazing!" she said to knight her eyes shining from the satisfaction of having a full tummy for at least one night.

Helen turned and took her a seconds to dig in. She ate it in seconds as well but her stomach was still empty. She hadn't eaten in a few days but hadn't minded it until now. She stirred her spoon in the empty bowl trying to get every last bit. "It was delicious" she smiled again at Knight and Red but still had a worried look on her face.

2morrow limped as he searched for Stone and Helen. He'd gotten shot and had been almost got caught, "Where are you guys?" his vision got blurry and had to blink to get it clear again. He tried to run but he stumbled to the ground, he stopped Abd leaned against the a stone wall.

Red noticed Snow's worried face under her smile. "Are you alright?" she asked. "You look a little worried." Red wasn't nosey but she didn't like when people weren't happy. SHe loved helping others. Maybe she left one of her friends out there she thought. Red couldn't remember the last she had had real friends. Most had never bothered to contact her once she left her parents and school. She sighed and waited.

Knight nodded. "I'm glad you both like it." He then turned to Snow. "What's om your mind? You don't have to say,but if there's a way I can help,I will." He reassured.((I'm at school,if its not too much to ask,could you..slow down a bit? My class finishes in an hour.))

Helen looked at the two, "I'm just afraid for 2morrow and Stone......" she looked down at her hands. "I don't know what made Crow snap so easily....." she shook her head. She was blaming herself for this even though she didn't do anything, or so she thought so. She rested her head on the table as lightning flashed again and then thunder crackled again. How could it be raining now? It was to close to winter she thought angrly, being a street kid was horrible.

Hiita looked up as she heard the thunder, biting her lip as it began to rain. "Shit..." She ran down the street, hoping to find some kind of shelter. She gulped and looked around, spotting someone or something in the distance. She took in a deep breath before walking towards the thing, surprising herself when she saw a boy. She headed towards him, noticing that he was leaning against a stone wall. "Hello?"

"If you worry so much for them. I could find them for you if you want. This storm could get worse. Better under the roof of a home than a cold,and freightening alleyway."

"Would you feel better if one of us went to look for your friends?" Red asked. She was worried about Snow. Even though they had just met, Red already felt that she was somewhat like a friend.

"I don't know...... They're not as trusting as I am" Helen replied. The first time they met was when Stone had almost kicked in the head and had tooken a year for each other to get use to. "I'll find them" she began to stand up but her legs shook a little with the effort.

2morrow narrowed his eyes on a girl, who was she? She didn't look like a street kid. She had no bones jutting out, face was clean and even had her hair up. Unlike him when his bright orange hair fell into his eyes and was matted with dirt. His collar bone jutted out and he was bleeding from his leg. "I'm 2morrow....." he answered as he tried standing up, using the stone wall for support.

"Now now, no need to get in over your head before running out in that storm. It'd be best to brainstorm where your friends might be before anything else,you could catch a cold,or worse. Viruses,and such tend to lurk about when it's raining.

Knight reassured Snow before heading upstairs getting a slightly beat up jacket,and returning. "Here wear it,and I'm coming along. After all,if I didn't what kind of Knight would I be?"

Helen sat back down, she didn't care about getting sick. They couldn't be far from their home alley way. That's where they usually met just in case something like this happened. She looked at Knight then the beat up jacket, she was about to argue that she had her Black Parade hoodie but what would that do? It was worn thin, My Chemical Romance was mostly the only music she knew and it inspired her to keep going. She took the jacket gingerly and slipped it on. "They should be in our home alley way" she murmered out. "Also you don't have to come....... It's my responsibility" she added.

"Eh...okay I guess. Just be careful alright?" Knight then sat down,and stares through the window at the pouring rain. He pulled a harmonica out of the sleeveless purple hoodie he wore that revealed tons of scar upon his arm. Many seemed like cuts,and lashes.

"What a day..." Knight started to play a calm tune with his harmonica.

Red stepped in and said," It may not be my business but you are in no shape,physically, to go anywhere alone. I'm coming with you."

"The more the merrier. No one ever makes it far on they're own. At some point in your life..you realize that. You can only go so far without the help of others. Imagine how much street kids you see scurrying about would be missing or in a shallow grave without me to look out for them...giving them something to eat..a place to sleep,keeping them out of harms way. Becoming a parental figure,so they have someone to look up to...in these tough times. Everyone could use some hope to cling onto." Knight stated as he stood up.

Helen scowled and turned towards the door, "Just don't blame me when a gun is pointing at your head" she opened the door to pouring rain. Her heart sunk a little, she had some fear towards thunder storms but she flicked both hoods up and began to jog easily outside. She sometimes hated when people talked about hope or something like that. It just annoyed her and so she ignores it. She couldn't keep the jog up and went to a walk. The only person in the alley home was Stone, the rest were dead. Ever a sixteen year old girl; cause of death: Being shot. Ice a.k.a Cale Black; Cause of death: Being shot but would've died anyway since he had Cancer. Last but not least little Tears a.k.a Lillyiana Flinch a 10 year old girl who'd been shot.

Helen leaned against a wall, "Almost there" she muttered to herself.

Stone shivered as he saw the bloodied up alley way, he looked down at the poor street kids. He didn't see Helen so he thought that was a good sign.

Knight sighed, "Sometimes I wonder if I'm even worthy of this nickname of mine." He looked at the scars on his arms. "Seems like just a while ago I was the exact opposite. Hmmmm...."

Knight sat on the couch in the living room,and pulled out his harmonica once more. "They say you can't change everyone. Maybe...I'm not as helpful as I see myself. Though theres only so much I can do to help. Who in theyre right mind even aids the homeless?....Shoul I consider myself a street kid at this point? So many questions..." With that thought still suck in his head,Knight started to play.

Red wanted to follow Snow but she knew she would prabably just be in the way. She stood in the doorway opposite of where Knight was playing his harmonica. She hummed along to the tune and hoped Snow would be alright.

Knight continued to play,but then the song suddenly went out of sync. He stopped playing,and sighed. "I can't even concentrate anymore...." He had this lingering hint of doubt in his ability to help other street kids prolong they're lives. It felt as if he was being punched in the chest constantly.

Still pondering on the questions he gave himself,Knight held his head.

Red noticed that Knight had stopped playing. Everyone seems so down today she thought. Red walked over to him and sat down. She patted his shoulder and said, "I'm not sure what's wrong but i hope things will become better for you. Just believe and it will happen."

Hiita slowly walked closer to the boy, looking up at the rain and then looking back at him. She looked him over, quietly speaking. "I'm Hiita.... do you need help?" She bit her bottom lip, walking closer and closer.