The Strange Lives of the Ordinary

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ricky nodded, listening hard despite the fact it was Frank noting it all down. So far, so good. Liking kids was definitely a bonus. "Why did you choose to apply for this school?" the deputy continued, not at all fazed from the fact that a beautiful woman was sat opposite him talking about raising a family of her own with a smirk. It made Frank feel ill, but he said nothing for now, awaiting the next response.

Reactions: Annabella <3
John waited to see if the tall blonde would make a move near the cafe and when she didn't John set about setting up a trap for her near the girls home. He was sure that would be where he would find her waiting for the innocent girl to walk past. John had been doing this kind of job for years and knew all the tricks so hunting down the blonde should not be hard. He searched the area within two blocks and found no trace of her but he was running out of time the girl was near he could hear her singing as she approached the apartment. As he stood near the side of the building he smelt something strange he caught a wiff of perfume that war very out of place. It was expensive and no one at this address could afford such a thing. She was inside the young womans apartment waiting for her. He did not hear the dogs and wondered if she had killed them already or they might give her away.

John only had seconds to spare as he heard her coming up behind him he quickly used his picks to unlock the door and as she came up behind her he turned with a smile. "Hey you work at that cafe I went to this evening I had no idea you lived here. Let me introduce myself I'm Jeff." John held the door open with one hand and held out his hand to her.

John had no idea how he would do this he knew where her apartment was and had to try and be there when she unlocked the door to hers. He followed her inside.

"Well.. It was close to my home and I feel like its a decent school to start out at. I always passed by this school and knew that I could bring something new and lively. I hope I could too." she answered softly looking into his eyes. She noticed that Frank wasn't giving her any eye contact and she figured he wouldn't. She understood why he wouldn't at all.

Reactions: OlympusBlood
Nichole blinked and said"um hello Jeff, How did you get to my apartment?" She walked in and whistled for smokey and peppy. Nichole heard whimpers and smelled iron. She dropped her bag and ran to her room quickly then screamed seeing her beloved pets injured. Nichole quickly started treating their wounds wondering who could've done this.

Peppy whined and lightly licked her cheek his tail weakly thumping on the carpet. Nichole felt tears brim her eyes as she continued treating them. She picked them both up quickly running for the nearest clinic.

"And can we possibly get a letter of reference from a past co-worker?" Ricky requested as Frank wrote more notes. At this point, he looked up to check the clock before meeting her gaze. A gentle smile went a long way, and so, he gave her one. Both watched her expectantly.

John had entered the apartment behind her his glcok 9mm at his side. It was silenced for what he needed it had to be quiet or everyone within 10 city blocks would hear it. John saw here kneel next to her injured pets his heart pounding as he scanned the dark corners of the room. Just as the girl rose with her two dogs in her arms he saw her standing in the dark shadow next to a window not 10 feet from her. She had not seen John or even heard the shot as the bullet entered her left temple and exploded out the right side of her head.

His arm up and locked in firing position as the young girl almost ran right into him. John grabbed her and pulled her to the side shielding her from any other attack. He pulled her to the floor quickly he could hear the dogs whimpering but her life was in danger right now and the dogs would have to wait. John almost sat on top of her still holding the warm smoking gun.
"Stay still and don"t move I need to make sure there are no others in your apartment." John made eye contact with her his smile gone and his work face on her was now in full work mode and he moved from hired killer to protector. "you have to listen to me that woman was a hired assasin and she was here to kill you, stay put for me I will be right back." John moved slowly but silently through the apartment and cleared each and every room till he was sure no one else was there. He walked over and made sure the blonde was dead. Then he returned to the girl sitting in the corner of her kitchen clutching her pets.

"We have to talk but this is not a safe place for that and not safe for you either at this point. Go pack a small bag and i mean small only what you need to live, meds and a change of clothes nothing else we have to move and move fast." John took the dogs from her and motioned for her to go.

Nichole quickly packed her backpack and ran back to where her pets were. She took them from Jeff trying to make it to the clinic in time her blood pumping. Nichole didn't care what happened to her, she didn't want her pets to die!

She picked up the pace as she ran as fast as her legs could muster looking down at her dogs. Nichole teared up as peppy started to feel cold as was smokey. She ran faster busting into the animal clinic.

The personnel did what they could but the dogs lost too much blood. They gave Nichole the time she needed with them. Nichole hiccuped crying over them holding them close to her sobbing her ears out. Her hair covered her eyes as she softly said her goodbyes petting them gently and kissed their foreheads.

John followed her wondering where she was going didn't she realize how dangerous what she was doing was. "Hey stop hold up your gonna get killed." John saw the clinic and followed her in standing at the door keeping watch till her heard he crying and he knew she was too late they were gone.

John walked into the room and saw her there with the two dead pets, it was sad but he had things to do and she had to move with him. "Come on we have to go back there is something I have to take care of before we can get out of here."

John took her hand and led her as quickly back to the apartment coming in the back door slowly his gun up. They entered the room and he went to the kitchen and grabbed a trash bag he then went to her and talking softly took her to the door to the living room where the blonde woman laid dead near the window. "I'm going to take everything off of her to make it hard for the police to figure out who she is so you can stay here till I get back."john went to the woman and started to remove her rings and watch and earrings, John dropped them in the trash bag and then rolled her onto her stomach and unzipped her dress and pulled it off of her tossing it in the bag along with her bra and panties and shoes. he rolled the body over and checked for other piercings on her nude body finding none he tied the bag up and left her there naked and returned to the girl.

"We have to go I don't have time to explain much at this point but someone hired her to kill you and we need to find out why and what we can do to fix this. Do you trust me enough to come with me? You have to obey me that is the only way I can protect you no more running off without me it's too dangerous."

Kayla sat in her chair calmly as she felt some sweat dripping down her lower back. Although, she gave the impression of being comfortable, Kayla shook emotionally from her nervousness. "Well.. I don't really have any references besides from my ex-boss. He's a little bit unhappy with my decision on leaving Global Inc. to work as a teacher... but by all means, I might have someone that isn't a co-worker..." she replied softly looking down at her twiddling thumbs and back at her interviewer. She could feel the tension and the anticipation of the two men watching her every move. Slowly she could feel a button of her blouse starting to push away. "Oh man... Please not. Ow.. Please... Not now!!!" she hesitantly spoke to herself as she looked intently at her superiors.

Last edited:
Reactions: OlympusBlood
Kayla woke up and noticed that it was almost 11:00 a.m, "Oh my gosh, its almost time to get ready for the interview and prepare myself!!!" she said nervously as she rose from her bed to see Travis still lying there on the other side. Kayla quickly dashed to the bathroom and undressed. Unraveling her soft curled locks and turning on the faucet, Kayla slipped into the warm water and scrubbed quickly with soap. She turned and rinsed herself and then washed her body. Turning of the faucet and grabbing a towel nearby, she carefully stepped out and started to brush her teeth. She rinsed and hurriedly paslced to her wardrobe. "Hmm, what should I wear.. I need to make a good impression.. I really need this job." she whispered as she slid her hangers over glancing at the many dresses and skirts. Kaylam picked out a dark blue pencil skirt to accentuate her curvy physique, a light blue buttoned up long sleeve shirt to hide her large bust, and a pair of dark blue pumps. She decided to leave her glasses on to avoid her contacts drying and become irritating. after getting dressed, she wrapped her wet hair into a towel and walked downstairs to check on Katherine. She walked into the kitchen and opened the fridge to get some milk. Above the refrigerator were MultiGrain Cereal which Kayla liked the most. She grabbed a banana from the nearby basket of fruit, chopped some pieces, and put them into her cereal. She picked a glass from the counter and pulled out the orange juice and poured it into her glad. " Mmmmm, yummy.. This is good!" she said calmly glancing at the time in the stove. " Dammit 12:00 p.m. already??!!!" she said hesitantly taking a big gulp of orange juice and running back upstairs.

Entering her bedroom, she grabbed her phone, her notebook and résumés, her keys and her shoes. She grabbed a sheet of paper and a pen from her notebook. She proceeded to write, "Hey Travis.. I have an interview today at the local school. I don't know why time I will be back. Please watch over the place and call me if anything. Katherine is still here and see too it that she eats or if she leaves let me know. Okay? I miss you !! Talk to you soon. Love Kayla!! XoXo <3"
Finishing the note, she paces it on the nightstand next to him and gives Travis a gentle kiss. Jotting downstairs and she waves bye to Katherine and closes the door behind her. "I hope things are okay between the two of them... I pray things are okay... I really hope." she said quietly as she opened her car door and threw her things into the passenger seat. She back out of the driveway and started heading down Russell to the school.
Kelly had woken once at the sound of running water upstairs..someone taking a shower...Her dark eyes slid closed again..

"Are you okay? What happened to your--" "I'm fine.."

Thumping on the staircase , she woke with small gasp and tightened fingers around a sweaty blanket. Kayla raced into the kitchen and Kelly remembered where she was. The present. In a stranger's home. She contemplated what she'd do if she left today...drawing a blank as the sun streaming through the window made her eyes squinty. She was just starting to sit up with a red rat's nest of bedhead when Kayla dashed up the stairs again. Well she was certainly in a hurry. Was she late for something important? Kelly yawned and stretched a bit, but not enough to hurt her bruises. She'd never been a morning person, but she had been "trained" to be a light sleeper. Bad combo. And in this pseudo-safe house, it took her almost five whole minutes to gather the energy to strand and wonder if she was allowed to eat something. But by that time, Kayla had given her a quick wave as she headed out the door. Kelly waved back, but she was virtually already gone. Kelly sighed and made her way slowly to the laundry room shivering as she left the warmth of her blanket. There she found her stashed granola bars and she sat on the washer, munching on one numbly with half-lidded eyes. No thoughts for now. She didn't want to think about now, last night or the future. too..much...

Ricky's eyes studied her face for moment. Global Inc., he knew, was a powerful business, with fairly good salary. Hmm. What caused her to leave, and to a school, a failing school, no doubt? It confused him greatly. "I see." It didn't seem to affect his or Frank's opinion. "Okay, thank you, Kayla. We will get back to you by the end of the day," Frank said, noticing the button, but ignoring it, as she stood up.

"Thank you, thank you very much for having me.." she said softly as she nodded and shook both of the mens' hands. She opened the office door to leave and closed it gently behind her. She made her way through the main office door and back to the parking lot. "Wow.. that was the most interesting interview I've ever had... Man I can't wait to get home, especially away from this heat." she said in exhaustion, gathered her things an unlocking her car door to climb inside. "Phew... I can't believe he is a teacher, out of all things and he can't even greet a child at his own doorstep.. Hmm, very very interesting." she pondered as she turned on the ignition and loosened up her shirt. The cool breeze from the AC blew towards her and she gave a quick sigh before switching the gear to reverse; then drive.

Finally making her way home, she thought about Katherine and Travis. She still couldn't believe the night she endured. "My home was empty and now it's a full house... I never expected something like this. Wanderingthe street, stealing and breaking into homes... I wonder where this young lady came from and why she is left out here on her own. I want to help her out... and be someone to care for her... But, I just don't know."

Arriving at home and pulling into the driveway, Kayla exited quickly out of her car and gathers her things. Locking the door behind her, she rushes up the steps and begins unlocking her door. As she opened the front door, she looked to see if anyone was downstairs. "I'm home! Anyone awake?" she calls out a little loudly and begins trotting upstairs to her bedroom. She sees that Travis was no longer in her bed. She dropped her things on the the bed and glanced to see Travis coming out of the shower. His toned and muscular body dripped with water and his soft brown locks fell to his face. He rubbed another towel on his head. "Hey beautiful, how did everything go, sorry for the inconvenience.. I needed a shower, is that alright?" he responded calmly looking into Kayla's eyes waiting for an answer.

Kayla stood there quietly taking off her heels and slowly unbuttoned her blouse exposing some of her bra. "Its okay, no worries. I think my interview went fine... they said they would contact me later today.. So... I guess I have to wait 'till then." she said in a sigh falling back into her bed and closing her eyes. Travis looked at her as he slipped his jeans on. "Things will be okay... don't worry about it too much." Travis replied with a smile as he laid beside her and held her close. "Is Katherine still here?" she asked softly as she sat there in his arms and closing her eyes gently. She was comfortable in his arms, she felt safe and secured. She had never felt this way before for someone and she didn't want loose this feeling nor did she want him doing the same. She quickly rose up from his grasp and started undressing into comfortable clothes. She removed her top and unzipped her bottoms. She knew that Travis didn't want to push their relationship to the next level and he respected her. There was something about that respect that made her crazy for him. She started to tease him and entice him to do something he shouldn't. She undressed down to her underwear and began to slip on some comfortable clothes. A long gray shirt and black yoga pants. She took out her ponytail and let it fall down past her shoulders. She gave him a small smile as she past him to go back downstairs. Travis couldn't help but to be amazed at Kayla's beautiful physique. He wanted her but still wanted to wait for the right time. "It was so hard to be still on this bed and watch her undress. I have the urge to grab her and take her but I just can't. I respect her too much.."

Kayla walked back downstairs and saw that Katherine wasn't anywahere around. "I wonder if she left?" Kayla questioned looking around the room slowly. She sits down on the couch and moves Katherine's blanket to the other side. Sitting there in her lonesome state, Kayla rested her eyes and sighed before turning on the t.v. Kayla anxiously waited for a response to her interview.

Last edited:
  • Thank You
Reactions: Ravenbelle
Kelly "Katherine" felt like it had only been minutes since Kayla left when she heard her return. Throughout Travis' shower and Kayla's interview and return, Kelly had been..well..worrying and rereading her mother's note. She ate a couple of dry, tasteless granola bars anxiously, nibbling as her paranoid thoughts whirled around her head and left her numb and weary, barely moving, with blank dark eyes on the washing machine. Every so often she would shiver, even with the morning sunshine, slipping through the small window near the ceiling. She kept trying to get her mind off of what could happen and focus on what she should do. She couldn't rely on Kayla much longer, she'd already been too kind and she didn't want to risk any more. She felt like if she stayed in one place too long he'd find her somehow. --What if he put out an Amber Alert? I'll have to avoid all he cops. Anywhere. What if he's checking cameras? He can't check face identification can he? What if his friends can though? What if he already knows where I am???!?!?!?!??!---

She probably would have spiraled herself into a panic attack if Kayla's voice hadn't finally reached her. Kelly forgot if she had heard her come in or go upstairs, but she noticed footsteps on the stairs and then a soft voice, asking if maybe 'she' had left. But she hadn't.
Was Kayla hoping she had? Was that a hopeful tone? Kelly bit her lip and swallowed. Her mouth was dry. But slowly, she stood up, put her note in the hoodie pocket and quietly exited the laundry room, now in plain view of the kind woman who had allowed her a safe place to sleep. Kelly acted like a frightful mouse and opened her mouth to say something, but took a moment to actually find the words. "...Good morning.." She mumbled, watching Kayla with wide eyes that easily recognized the nervous posture with which the brunette sat. She wondered what she could possibly have to worry about...

• Love
"Oh.. I didn't realize you were still here and figured you left. I guess I had been mistaken." she said softly with a smile as she grabbed the remote control and flipped through the countless channels. "Aishh... I can't stand these brainwashing commercials. No wonder I can't stand television. I was never home to watch it.. so instead I watched DVDs.." she muttered as the plopped the remote on the coffee table. "So... Did you have a restful sleep?" Kayla asked softly as she turned her head slowly to redheaded teen. " I know you may have felt uncomfortable in a strangers house, but I didn't want to go to sleep knowing that I'd let a teen out on the streets without helping. I wouldn't be able to sleep right after that.." she added looking back at the sooner match that was just beginning. Kayla glanced at her phone and sighed. " I hope they call me... I really need this job.. I still can't believe that no good neighbor of mine works at a school... Pshh. I can take his job anyday and enjoy it to the fullest. I wouldn't fake being happy... Unhappiness was written all over that shallow face of his.. Hmph!!" Kayla ranted and rose suddenly from the couch to walk over to the kitchen. She pill d out a Stella Artois beer and walked back to the couch.

Kelly hoped that when Kayla said she thought she'd left, she hadn't hoped she'd left. Her soft smile made her feel slightly less nervous though so she tried to smile a little back. The brunette was already surfing through TV channels though and made a noise of complaint before muttering to herself about never liking television. She was glad. TV was pretty much her dad's near-favorite pastimes. He gets obsessive about news.
Kelly blinked. Not important. Kayla. Er. She seemed like the type to talk to herself often, which Kelly definitely didn't mind. It made her seem more human though her outwardly features were somehow perfect. And then they were turned to her. Kelly's eyes automatically went to her feet. She was incredibly inadequate in comparison. And wasn't sure at first how to answer her question. Should she mention Travis? No she should just say good and move on. Or try to be...less awkward. She tried to crack a joke but a came out--you guessed it-- awkward. "Uh...It was better than the bushes..ehe."
She knew Kayla meant well, but for a moment, she wondered if Kayla really knew was it was really like to "not be able to sleep right" as she put it. Had she ever seen cruelty in her life? Her smile said no, but Kelly couldn't be sure, even if either way, she really just wished she had a nice life like Kayla's.
Even if she was worrying about a call relating to work. Kelly assumed she had come back from a job interview what with her muttering and corresponding outfit, though the bit about her neighbor Kelly had no clue about. She just kind of stood awkwardly by the laundry room, watching Kelly get a beer and return to watch TV. Kelly shifted on her feel, scrunching her nose up at the smell of alcohol. Bad memories. She shivered.

"Uhm..I-I hope they call you too. I hope y-you get the job." She glanced anywhere but at Kayla and her beer. "Can I-I um..get a glass of water..please?" Her tone of voice was almost fearful and Kelly hated that she couldn't hide it as well as she wanted to. She'd only ever had really bad experiences with anyone in a situation with alcohol in it and she really hoped it wouldn't have a bad negative effect on Kayla.

"Oh.. I'm sorry if I offended you at all.. About you staying here.. Your welcomed to stay but you need to try and get up on your feet.. I don't want to be like a parent to you but, I really want to help you become successful and an overall better person." Kayla responded softly as she looked at Kelly from the couch. Kayla sighed and looked down at her gray colored knee high socks and tapped her feet together "I hope they call me too... Otherwise, well both be on the street together.." she chuckled and smiled at Kelly. "Feel free to eat or drink anything.. Be at home here okay? When your uncomfortable, it makes "me" uncomfortable." Kayla sipped her beer and waved her hand to the kitchen area. Kayla couldn't understand the young teen and her hesitant mannerisms. She couldn't believe she had taken in a girl that broke into her house. She couldn't figure out the real reason for her own generous and humble nature, to someone that had an obvious painful past. Kayla felt an odd connection with this teen and being in pain was one of them. Between Kayla and Kelly's past, both were harboring a painful secret that no one could ever understand.

"Those bruises...Where did they come from... Who gave them to you.. I know this is sudden but don't ask me how I know.. Your very bad at hiding, you know?" Kayla glanced back at her bottle and taking a big gulp while slouching back into the cushioned couch. Kayla avoided eye contact with Kelly and waited for her answer. "Don't be afraid to speak out.. I'm not going to hurt you anymore than whoever hurt you in your past.. I want to be a friend to you, I deserve that least that.. I would think so...''

Last edited:
  • Thank You
Reactions: Ravenbelle
Kelly shifted anxiously on her feet, listening attentively to what Kayla had to say. This was her house after all. One wrong move and Travis would probably literally throw her out the door. As much as she wanted to 'try and get on her feet', she had no clue how to. She had planned on suffering on the streets for a long while because the only way she could survive would be living on the edges and stealing here and there. Otherwise, well she wasn't old enough to get a job and had no guardian willing to enroll her in school, if she could even declare any place to live for a while. It's the kind of thing she worries about when she's alone, the same question over and over" what am I going to do??

Kelly blinked, forcing herself to calm the whirlwind of worries in her mind when she heard Kayla laugh a bit. she had missed the joke, so she just smiled nervously and nodded until Kayla allowed her in the kitchen. "Thanks." As she walked, she contemplated Kayla's words again. It had been so long since she ever felt 'at home' she wasn't even sure if she remembered what it was like to be without fear in an actual household. And one with decent food in it for that matter. When Kelly opened the fridge, her eyes widened to the size of saucers. Everything looked so neat and edible. It was almost hard to choose what to grab, but she didn't want to dawdle so she found a bowl in the clean side of the sink and put some grapes inside before heading back to the couch, careful to sit slightly out of arms reach from Kayla. and her beer.
So she was just chewing the first purple grape in her bowl when the word bruises came out of Kayla's mouth. She was looking at her. Kelly swallowed and she could feel her stomach curl, whether out of discomfort from the first real fruit dropped in there in a while, or the anxiety that set in very quickly with this line of sudden questions. She had known this would come. She'd been dreading a conversation like this since last night and now it was here, ambushing her with its trusty sidekick, alcohol. She shivered, opened her mouth to speak, then closed it again when Kayla took a long swig of beer and spoke again, slouched against the couch saying she wouldn't do exactly what her father does, even though she's been imitating his behavior since she had been holding that glass bottle. The kind of bottle that leaves scars if broken, strewn across carpet or dragged against pale flesh. She would know. Kelly winced. She was being paranoid. Kayla didn't mean her any harm...right? Ugh...she can't trust anyone. Her timid brown eyes stayed glued to the floor. She couldn't meet Kayla's eyes. "I-I'm sorry. I..wish I could tell. But I...can't."
It was obvious she meant to try, given how much she owes Kayla for housing her in the first place, but the words wouldn't come out. Partly because it was all to frightful to revisit the memories and partly because of the smell of beer turning her breaths shallow and eyes misty. "I..can't" she whimpered.

• Love
"It's okay, you don't have to.. I don't want to force you to do something that your not comfortable doing.." Kayla replied softly as she finished the rest of her beer. "I just wanted to know who you really are... my mistake." Kayla rose to her feet from the couch, walks over to the kitchen, and throws away her bottle in the recycling bin. She avoided eye contact with the young teen and proceeds upstairs. She scoffs and trots the carpeted stairs while rolling her eyes. "I can't believe after everything that has happened she still can't confide in me.. She's in my home and she still thinks I'm going to hurt her somehow... and probably even thinks you will.. " she muttered softly to Travis which was laying on Kayla's bed while staring st the ceiling above him. "Well, what do you expect? She's a troubled teen and is in a strangers home. Shes not going to open up to you instantly.. give her some time. Have patience.." Travis responded calmly as he turned to look at Kayla gently. "You are a beautiful, kind and sweet woman.. I think she just needs to learn and know that your not here to harm her but to help her be better than before." Kayla smiled and fell on top of the bed and rested her head on his lap. "You are a sweet man Travis... I'm indeed grateful to have you.." she responded calmly glancing at him softly. "There is something I wanted to ask you Kayla... but I wasn't sure when but..." Travis paused looked down at the slightly opened door and then back at her. "She had a smile on her face that lit up her entire face. She was mesmerizing and her eyes enraptured me. I needed to choose my words carefully before crumbling her smile... but I needed to know what that letter from yesterday really meant..".

"Well, um.. I wanted to ask you yesterday before going out to our dinner but I didn't want to spoil our evening...". He sighed and took a deep breath in. "I found a letter yesterday from a man named John... I read it and was disgusted and I thought it was trash, so I ripped it a and threw it away.. Forgive me... but if you have someone else I understand.." he quickly said as he turned away from her and awaited her response. Kayla rose swiftly to her feet and fell into to his chest crying.

Status
Not open for further replies.