The Strange Lives of the Ordinary

Status
Not open for further replies.
Matthew looked up. "Yeah, I'm okay. Just waiting." Great. Now the neighbours are wondering what's up. "I think he's asleep." He probably sounded like a teenager who'd missed curfew. That was the image he was going with. He wondered if Frank knew this woman. She was fairly pretty, and fairly young compared to other adults. Probably on her first job. Matthew tried not to think about how attractive she was. Partially because it was a little weird. His mind was wandering again. It wasn't just wandering around the block anymore. It was pretty cold out. Matthew was glad he was wearing his jacket, the one his friends from his old home had got him for his birthday. It was warm, and waterproof. They'd found a way to personalise it as well, which made him laugh. His expression was grim, as if to say he better wake up soon or it's not just the flowers that are getting it.

Reactions: Annabella <3
"Um, okay.. Well, I was just wondering if you were okay.. I live right up the street about three houses. I saw that you had a friend with you earlier as I drove by.. but I guess your alone now. Well, if you want somewhere to keep warm to wait, the offer is open. Sorry if I had startled you.. Have a good night then.." she smiled and blushed as she started backing away slowly turning around to walk back home. She pulled her shirt a little down avoiding her large back end to show. Kayla flipped her hood and looked up to the stars as she walked alone. It was quiet out and the moon illuminated the darkened sidewalk to her home.

Reactions: OlympusBlood
Matthew decided he'd have to try again tomorrow. He couldn't attract anymore attention. "Thanks, have a nice night." He began to run in the other direction, towards his house. Maybe if he was fast enough he'd arrive home before his mum locked up for the night. It wasn't the smartest of ideas to tell her he was staying the night. He clearly wasn't getting in. Tomorrow was a new day. It was a full moon. "The werewolves are out, Matt," he chuckled to himself, not tired quite yet, which was good because he'd hardly covered any ground.

Kayla walked back into her home and trotted up the steps of her porch. She looked back with smile and felt good about trying to help someone one other than herself. "Why, would someone leave a child outside in the cold like that.. bizarre parenting at their best." she thought to herself as she locked her front door and set the alarm. She turned off the downstairs lights and ran back upstairs to jump back into her bed. She dimmed the lights with her remote and hooked up her phone to the charger on her nightstand. She began to drift to sleep until her phone began to buzz. She leaned over to look at her phone and noticed that an unknown number was calling her. Afraid to answer, she hung up and hid under covers. Her phone gave a little vibrate and she saw that there was a text. She opened the text and it read " Hey beautiful, I thought I should've asked you for your number before you left but I found your phone before I found you, so well umm, now you have it lol.. Sleep well Kayla. :) - Travis. " she smiled and blushed brightly and placed her phone back onto the nightstand. "Omg.. I had a feeling he did something to my phone.. I hope he didn't look through my pictures.. I hope he's not a pervert like the others.. Ugh!!" she whispered as she llay still in her bed contemplating her next move. "I'll call him in the morning.. Its late." she muttered as she turned off the lights and closed her eyes.

Frank woke up early. Really early. The first thing he did was check the teenager was gone, and thank God, he most certainly was. The time was six in the morning, on Sunday, and honestly, Frank had not woken up so early happy... ever. Matthew wasn't bothering him anymore. The happiness slowly faded away as his pansies were squashed. "Son of a..." he muttered to himself. At least... the house hadn't been burnt to the ground. Nope. Frank could not find a good thing about his garden being ruined. That was some hard work wasted. There was still weeks of flowers, and he was starting from scratch. Stupid kids.

He might as well got up now. After a quick shower and shoving on some decent clothes, he noticed Ricky wanted to meet him for breakfast to talk about the job interview tomorrow. On the plus side, Ricky was paying. On the down side, they were going to talk about work. The cycle never ended. And he wanted to meet in three hours. What was Frank going to do in three hours?

The next morning, Kayla woke up feeling happier than she ever had been. She couldn't believe the night she had. From meeting a stranger, to trying and help a random teen on her street late at night and finally getting home safe. She couldn't believe that she was still in a daze about Travis. Kayla rolled over to her nightstand to see her phone and debating if she should call Travis back. "He seems too good to be true and plus, who was that girl he was with.. I really don't want trouble in my life right while things are going good.." She looked and noticed on her phone that it was already Sunday morning. "Already Sunday... Just one more day till my interview... What am I going to say!!!.." she quickly closed her eyes and fell into her pillow. "I bet the interviewers are so anxious to meet me.. I'm already nervous.." she muttered into her pillow flipping back onto her back. Stretching her arms out and giving a quiet moan, Kayla slide out of bed slowly as she walks to the bathroom. After using the restroom, she walked downstairs to the kitchen to make a cup of a Jasmine green tea. She filled her kettle with water and prepared her cup while looking out her window. " It's such a beautiful day today.." she said calmly leaning against the counter waiting for the tea to finish. "I think I should got to the mall today. Maybe find a new wardrobe for myself." Kayla smiled as she poured the hot water into her cup. Whisking and stirring her tea gently, she placed her spoon down and raised the hot cup to her lips. The jasmine aroma of steam softly raising her nostrils. "Ahhh... Smells so good, but it's too hot to drink right now." she said softly as she placed to cup down onto the counter. Kayla walked up the steps and walked over to her dresser. She pulled out a black bra, black tanktop and light blue low rise skinny jeans. After dressing and brushing her hair into a high ponytail, Kayla rushed down the stairs to the front door, picking up her keys and purse. Locking up and headed out the door, she picks up her black and white high tops next to the bench. She sits there putting on her shoes while watching her neighbors walk their dogs and children playing in the yard. " The suburbs always has that way of tricking you... giving you that feeling of everyone just being "perfect"..."

Last edited:
Though the sunlight streamed brightly through the thin leaves of Kelly's temporary resting place, the young girl was so tired she probably wouldn't have woken until noon or later if not for a very sudden interruption to her dreamless slumber. She had been sleeping on her side in the dirt with one hand in her pocket and the other arm as a pillow until something slammed into her stomach, waking her with a sharp gasp. She heard a young voice shout "I'll get it!" as her eyes adjusted to the morning sun's light and she struggled for breath from her winded lungs. But it wasn't long before she realized her suddenly treacherous situation, for she was curled around a small soccer ball (football if not from US). And the sound of running footsteps was nearing. Kelly let go of the soccer ball and tried to move away from it without making noise in the leaves, but a small hand attached to a little boys face she could see a bit through the leaves dived into the bush and went too far, reaching farther than intended and touching her hand instead. Kelly flinched and the child saw Kelly's eye through the leaves in that moment. And screamed. The kid raced away yelling "Mommy there's a person in the bushes!!"

Kelly panicked, shot up and dashed away, past the sign and around the corner, sprinting away from Russell Street as fast as her short legs would take her. She didn't stop for at least half a mile, until she tripped on a crack in the sidewalk and fell hard, scraping the heels of her palms and knocking the air out of her a second time in one morning. Kelly laid there until she could breathe properly again and slowly found that her stomach did not, in fact, still hurt because of the soccer ball - though that had probably made one of the bruises worse-- but because she was hungry. Really hungry.
Kelly sighed and decided there was no other reason she should keep the ten dollars in her shoe. Why not use it now? It's not like she had plans anyway.

Eventually, Kelly walked into a convenience store by a gas station and strategically bought the cheapest granola bars so she ended up with thirteen that she could afford with all her money. Not much, but enough for a few days by Kelly's standards. Once bought, Kelly went to the bathroom and stuffed them in all her pockets and one in her bra. Then to fill her stomach up, she drank from the sink by cupping her hands over and over until she couldn't feel very hungry anymore.
Looking up at the mirror from the sink, the redhead sighed, disgusted with herself inside and out. Like always.

She wished she could've slept forever.

Entering her car and turning on the engine, she shut the door and switched the gear. She backed out of her driveway and started to head down Russell. She passed by her neighbors house, the man that she gave a ride home to and realized that his flowers were trampled. "So it was him!?! He's the one that had the boy outside his door!?! I knew I recognized this house last night with the trampled flowers. I knew there was something wrong with that guy..." Kayla drove slowly past the mans house as she quickly pulled her brown chiq sunglasses on. "Hmph.. Figured much.. he's not really good at hiding things..." she slowly turned her head back to the empty road and quickly driving to the stop sign. She drove towards a nearby gas station, to fill up her tank for the important interview tomorrow. As she pulled up next to a vacant spot, she slowly exited her car , opened her tank and began to fill up. She waited for the hose to click and glanced around the empty lot. It was still earlier out and not many people were at the gas station and the quietness was rather soothing. It seemed, as if though, time itself slowed to a standstill and there was an emptiness on street. No people chattering, children screaming and plating at the nearby elementary school, no cars honking and screeching in traffic. This busy street was unrecognizable from last night after the club.

"Click", the sound the nozzle made from the hose finally finishing up. Kayla placed it slowly back to it's place and hopped back into her car. She started to drive towards the exit and turned left onto Main St. Driving down Main St, she noticed that she still had documents and folders from Global and decided to stop there first. A couple blocks down , she finally made it to the front entrance of the tall, silver and elegant building with countless windows. She parked her car, locked up, and fed a little bit of change to the meter. Knowing that she wouldn't be in there long, she rushed into the front entrance to the elevators. "Here were are again.." she said sarcastically as the doors opened up. There in the empty elevator, she pressed the button for the 50th floor and the doors closed.

Arriving at the floor, she noticed that the door to the main office was already unlocked. "Well that's weird... that would only mean.. Ah crap.. John is here." she muttered to herself quietly as she walked over to his office door. She could here him talking with a woman and the conversation sounded very sensual. "I'll just leave them under his door and run like hell!", she spoke to herself as she slipped the folder swiftly under the door and proceeded to run back to the elevators. At the elevators doors she could clearly hear the office door quickly open.

Panicking and panting, Kayla rushes into the elevator and quickly presses the "Close Door" button. As the doors close, she caught the glimpse of John's face just as they shut. "Shit.. He almost got me.." she said softly trying to catch her breath. "He's was like a monster chasing me into a corner.. Why am I shaking?" Her head began to throb and she began to break sweat. The elevator finally opened on the lobby floor and she ran to her car, locking all her doors. She turned on her air conditioning and sat there, breaking a sweat. Her head began to feel drowsy and she then blacked out.

*Her head was throbbing she could see glass from her car window beneath her feet. Her white long sleeve top ripped and bloodied. She laid on the broken driver's side window and felt a cold, sharp blade sliding down her neck to the front enseam of her pink bra. "I own you... your mine.. only mine" the voice of a man holding her down and preventing her from moving. She tried to get a better look but couldn't see his face that was blurred the blow to the back of her head. The voice sounded so familiar but she couldn't remember. A horrible moment in her life where she fought for her life and couldn't even remember. All she did remember was waking up in the hospital the next morning with a deep wound on her side.*

Kayla quickly wakes up from her blackout, eyes widened and alert. She wiped the sweat from her face and starts her car. She couldn't stand having random blackouts and memories of that time coming in pieces. Making it to the Promenade parking lot, she stops her car, takes a deep breath, and parks her car. She grabbed her purse, locks up and finally enters the doors of the the mall.

Frank was ready to go to the café. He had a coffee... and another... and another... till Ricky finally turned up. He was probably not late, but Frank had expected him to be early. "So, we need to think of suitable questions," Ricky went straight down to business. "Do you like kids... what experience have you had in your field... how much was your past salary... why did you choose this school... does it matter, really?" Frank sighed. "Yes, it does. Besides she quit her old job and has never been fired. That's something."

After entering the cool mall, Kayla noticed that there was hardly anyone one walking around. "Nice, all the shopping for me!!"_ she smiled happily as she walked aimlessly around the water fountain. She could clearly hear the jazz music for once, without the chatter and noise of a crowd. She entered the Victoria's secret store and browsed for a new set of underwear and bras. "This looks so comfortable and sexy!" she thought as she picked up a light pink bra and a matching pair of pink g-string underwear. "I'll get these and these!!" she said softly picking up a colorful pair of boyshorts. She walked over to the register, paid for her merchadise and proceeded out the store. "Thank you !" she said with a smile to the cashier. Kayla walked passed a café and saw that there was a dress store just ahead. She rushed in and started shopping for nice dresses for her possible new job. "Hmm, let's find some things sexy, subtle for work, and for casual days." she said softly to herself looking to the racks of dresses and skirts.

Four coffees and a fry up later, Frank could finally leave Ricky's company. His deputy was great... unless he was talking about work. Which, surprisingly, was a lot of the time. He made his way back out, only to be met with the familiar face of his supposed son, who simply glared before moving onwards, seemingly meaninglessly wandering around. Fine by Frank. He got into his car, now eager to leave, hating the resemblance between him and Matthew, before driving off, deciding to stop outside a country park, for a relaxing time. All his negative emotions could be walked out, circling through the forest and around the lake. Places like this were fairly empty. He noticed the younger generation preferred the internet. Which was fine by Frank as well.

Kayla searched through countless of dresses and picked out three she liked the most. "These are just lovely!" she whispered to herself as she stood there at the register. The cashier handed her the bag of dresses and Kayla made her way to the parking lot. "Well, that was an enjoyable time by myself... Would've been more fun if I had any friends.." she frowned just a little and walked slowly to her car. Reaching to her car, she opened the trunk, dropped in her bags and closed it. She quickly opened her driver's door and closed it quickly. She heard her phone ringing and rummaged through her cluttered purse to find it. Grabbing ahold of her phone, she looked and saw "Travis" on her screen. "Oh my gosh, oh my gosh, its him!!" she smiled nervously debating if she should answer the call. She slowly swiped her answer button and softly said, "Hello?". "Hey there beautiful, how are you? I hope I'm not catching you at a bad time or anything?" Travis said softly giving a little chuckle waiting for her to answer. "Umm...nn-no I just got into the car from the mall, I'm actually headed home now." she said calmly as she twirled the ends of her hair like a school girl flirting. "Well, I was wondering if you were free this afternoon.. maybe we can catch a movie or have a coffee?" he asked softly. The sound of his voice made Kayla anxious and she became more and more interested with him. "Y-yeah, sounds great!" she said excitedly shaking her head side to side and quickly stopping because the people parked next to her were staring. "Oh okay, cool, I'll pick you up at 6:30 alright?" he said hesitantly sounding as if he was nervous too. " I'll text you my address later okay, talk to you soon, bye.." she replied softly as she hung up and threw her phone into the purse. "Ya!! Oh my gosh, what should I wear?! What to do!? Ahh!!" she screamed as she started her car and carefully backed out the parking spot. She began to head back home excited for her first date with Travis.

Driving down Main St, she passed by the neighborhood park and saw that there were young kids playing soccer. "So cute, kids are so adorable, innocent and full of energy.. One day I'll be able to have a family of my own.. probably be a soccer mom..." she paused. "Make some sandwiches and stuff.." she chuckled a little before making a right onto Russell St. Pulling into her driveway, she opened her door and unlocked the trunk to get her things. Locking up her car, she walked slowly to the front entrance and saw that there was a note in her mailbox. "That's odd.." she said anxiously as she unlocked her door and turned off the alarm. She dropped her bags next to the couch and walked back outside the opened door; grabbing the note and began reading it. "Dear Kayla, you are a indeed a trickster, I knew you'd come back to me and try to get your job back. Crawling and begging the way I like for you to do. Those sheer stockings and tight dresses... Making you crawl on your knees to me. I was your master... and Master wasn't happy that you decided to leave. I hope you like your new job, you know I have friends in high places. I hope that little "school" of yours... is ready to know what kind of woman you really are. Dirty, dirty, naughty girl! Sincerely yours, John."
After reading the note, her heart sank and she collapsed unto the porch. She began to tear and her fist clenched. "Why.. Why me?! Leave me alone, you bastard!!!" she screamed loudly as she picked herself up. She noticed that the neighbors were staring at her so she quickly ran into her house and slammed the door closed. She fell to the floor, the horrible and conniving note crumbled into her hands, and her heart weakened. She laid there helplessly on her living room floor, crying her eyes out and stayed there for the rest of the morning.

Frank did not have strange mail. Or nice mail. The postman was an asshole. Bills. Gas bills. Water bills. Electric bills. Bills. They never ended. I wonder how different my... no, Frank, that's the past. Stop dwelling! He mentally scolded himself, as an e-mail for 'Your gas bill is late' appeared on his smashed phone screen, along with walking endlessly around the nature park with a quiet hum of a catchy song from the radio - he thought it was by Rita Ora, but he could never be sure. Frank was not one to familiarise himself with modern music. It was not a necessity for him. He could see a family having a picnic. Right, you're leaving. This is not the moment to regret your life decisions. You have a good few years yet, he thought again with a sigh.

Leaving the nature park and arriving home, he opened the door, annoyed. His life was pretty repetitive. Perhaps there'd be something to do with his life that was interesting one day. That day was a few years too late. "What to do, what to do..." he murmured to himself, before remembering he had never finished grading the papers. A. B. B. A. C. C. A. C. B. Wow. This was ridiculously boring. B-. A. B+. A. A+. B-. B-. A-. C. C. Frank wanted to have a new job. C. D. F. F. F. He could tell who hadn't revised. C. A. Why would anyone choose to be a teacher? Luckily, it was a lot easier to complete than it was yesterday, because the annoying bit was already done. If only it was summer. Paid holidays. So that's why he got into the education career path.

• Love
Kayla woke up from her daze on the carpeted floor and glanced at the letter crumbled right next to her. She had looked at the time on the T.V. " 3:45 p.m.. Really... I cried myself asleep." she muttered in a small moan as she picked herself up and walked up the stairs. Step by step up to her bedroom , she plopped herself face first on her bed. "Ugh....." she mumbled into the pillow. "Why does he constantly want to ruin my life more than it is already? I want a new life a new start.. Let me be." she mumbled as she pulled her pillow closer to her head and placing it over her. "Well, maybe I should start getting ready soon, eh.. Maybe one more hour of sleep will be okay.."she sighed into her mattress and quickly drifted off to sleep once again.

An hour past, Kayla slowly woke up to the sound of the phone buzzing in her purse and she quickly retrieved it. "A text from Travis? Oh crap the address .. I forgot to text him back.." She began to read the text message. " I was thinking to come and see you earlier.. Will that be okay?" the text read and Kayla quickly smiled and started texting back. "Yes.. Yes its okay!" she responded promptly. "My address is 1433 Russell St / Main, dark gray BMW in the driveway. See you soon!!" she replied as she jumpednout of her bed and quickly ran downstairs to get her bags of new clothes. "Hmm, I know exactly what I should wear!" she said calmly pulling out a short, dark blue floral romper that accentuated her curvaceous shape and legs. She ran back upstairs laid her outfit on the bed and jumped into the shower to freshen up. Scrubbing vigorously and washing her hair quickly, she rinsed and jumped out of the shower and wrapped the towel on her head. Waiting for him to come over, she started to get herself pretty.

• Love
Finishing marking, Frank decided to do a bit of relaxing. This time, relaxing did not include television. Rather, it included having a quiet cuppa. Herbal green tea. Clique meditation, but Frank knew why. Brewing some, mixing with tea leaves, and lounging on the sofa, sipping slowly while reading the interesting parts of the newspaper. Quietly, he scanned over; it was all pretty depressing, so he read the cute or funny ones (despite not finding any cute or funny). "How is that cute?" he mumbled to himself as he read what he saw as a pathetic article. In the end, the newspaper bored him, and he thought he should not pour another cup of tea, as the last thing he wanted was to have a caffeine overload. "I haven't had any lunch," he murmured in realisation, making his way to the kitchen and making himself something to eat.

After a quick shower and dressing into her short floral romper, Kayla brushed her hair half up and half down, for a cute simple look and brushed a little bit of mascara on her long lashes. Glancing at herself in the mirror, she checked her overall outfit. Kayla smiled. "I hope he's really interested in me.. and not for the other things..." she whispered looking at herself in the mirror. She cleared her purse and made she she had everything she needed for her evening out. Suddenly the doorbell rang and her heart jumped. "Its him, oh man, its really him.." she yelled nervously as she grabbed her purse, sweater and jotted down the stairs. She quickly dusted herself up and unlocked the door. "Hey, there beautiful.. you look v-very lovely." Travis smiled as he leaned over and kissed Kayla's left cheek. She blushed as he pulled away from her. "Ww-would you like to come inside and have a glass of water before we head out?" she asked softly inviting him inside and holding the door. "Yes, I would, thanks.." he replied calmly entering into her home. "You have a lovely home, you live alone here?" he asked softly sitting down onto the couch. He looked down and saw a crumbled up paper, he picked it up and quickly opened it and hid it in the pillow next to him. "Here you go.." she said softly handing him a glass and sitting beside him.

Last edited:
Humming along with the radio some 60s classics, Frank flipped his pancakes with some style. A car drove by, stopping a few houses down. Wonder what they're doing. Upon remembering he was making food, he slipped the pancake off the pan and onto the plate. He drizzled some syrup and off he went to eat. Despite the time, this was his lunch.

As Travis and Kayla sat there talking and flirting, she noticed that it was almost 6 o'clock and they were going to be late for their dinner date. "Let me run to the restroom first and then we can go? Okay?" she said with a smile as she brushed her hand across his broad shoulders."That's fine, no worries.." he replied with a smile anxiously waiting to read the note. *"Hmm, she wrote a love letter to me already?" he thought smiling gently as he looked at the white decorated pillow beside him. "She's such a sweet girl.." he sighed softly and pulled the note from under the pillow. As he began reading, his lively demeanor changed. His heart began to ache as he read the rest of the letter and crumbling it up and throwing it back on the floor. "Poor girl... I.. just can't believe someone would write this to her... I hope she can tell me what's really going on with on with this John character and her... " he thought to himself silently as he slouched back into the couch staring off outside the window and hearing the bathroom door finally opening.

"Okay, let's go!" Kayla smiled and quickly reached for Travis' hand. Travis quickly sat up, gave her a big smile and hugged her firmly. Unaware of his reason for hugging her, Kayla wasn't upset at all from the surprising hug and rested in his strong arms instead. She felt at ease and safe with him; something the hadn't felt in a very long time. They both release from each others arms slowly, catching each others eyes as they pull away from each other softly. Kayla blushed as she walked to the door and Travis following her. As they stood on the porch, locking up the house, she saw that Travis was stretching outside and all she could look at was his toned and muscular body. She was amazed of how handsome he looked up close and right beside her. "I think I'm in love now..."

Walking down the steps together, Kayla noticed that they weren't stopping at her car. "I could drive if you want?" she asked softly looking at Travis. " What I want is to drive you instead.." he said wincing and walking to the street, as he opened the passenger door for her. Kayla smiled and laughed as she slid into the classic '72 Mustang "Your such a charmer, aren't you?" Travis closed the door as she entered the car, shutting the door gently. He quickly walked to the drivers side and hops in. She smiles at him as she clicks her seatbelt on and he starts the roaring engine. Kayla always loved muscle cars and fancied them as well. He switched to first gear and began to drive down her street.

Last edited:
  • Thank You
Reactions: Ravenbelle
After having left the convenience store in the morning, Kelly spent the rest of her day familiarizing herself with the town. She wandered around the park, ate a granola bar, checked bus stop maps to avoid coffeeshops, underpopulated areas and police stations...basically trying to get to know the streets she would be living off of as well as she was able.

By the time 5 pm rolled around, she was very very tired of walking and decided to go with her original plan from yesterday before she was interrupted by a teenage boy under a lamplight. Maybe once she found a house, she could also search for snacks. Her stomach was killing her. Especially thanks to the bruise from the ball that woke her way too early. the closest suburbs happened to be that same area on Russell Street but as long as the guy she found yesterday was no longer there, she could check the houses for open windows.

So as the sun was setting, getting in her dark eyes between the trees, Kelly dragged her feet past the neighborhood sign that she now found to be called The Reserve. Walking down the sidewalk, she was just passing the house with the garden and the lamppost when she saw a man and woman enter a flashy car on a driveway a few houses down. Kelly kept walking closer as the shadows grew longer and walked up the driveway two houses away from theirs, pretending that she was going to enter that house, like it was hers. As they drove past her and out of the neighborhood she had noticed how nicely dressed they seemed. Perhaps they were out on a date or something. In any case, the house was probably empty by now, which meant she wouldn't have to sneak around inside. Now all that's left to do is find a way in...

Now that one of the cars was gone--hopefully with all the occupants of the house in it--, Kelly only had to keep an eye out for neighbors that might deem her suspicious or pets inside that might make her uninvited presence obvious. So as she slipped into the darkness between the houses, she checked the windows around the house's first floor, becoming more and more anxious as she checked each one. The last one she visited jiggled a little, but she couldn't open it alone or without tools. Kelly took a deep breath and tried to tell herself there were other houses. But not with such a great situation as this. Having seen through all the windows, there didn't seem to be any pets or people. At least not on the first floor. and the house was rather neat and tidy. She threw her head back to the sky and stared, wondering what else she could do to get money or food tonight. and when she brought her eyes back down, she noticed another, less obvious window. Probably to an upstairs bedroom. She was desperate enough to want to check it, but she wasn't sure how to get on the roof.. the porch! A this point the sun had fully surrendered to twilight and dusk, making her black hoodie unnoticeable in the dark and she climbed up the porch and downspout drain to the first roof, stepping carefully, though she was not afraid of heights. Her stomach felt fluttery but acidic from the nerves. She had never stolen from anyone before. She just hoped it was worth the effort. When she reached the window, she pulled up as hard as she could in one big yank! And it flew open so easily that she sailed right in and ended up somersaulting on the rug a few times when she tumbled inside. Success. Kelly smiled.

Last edited:
Halfway to the restaurant, Kayla started to feel a bit queasy and held her purse close to her stomach. "Are.. You.. Okay Kayla?" Travis asked softly as he glanced her and back to the road. "Yeah, I.. just felt something weird... like something has happened.. maybe I'm just hungry.. Mhmhm, hungry.." she responded under her breath breathing faintly. We finally pulled up to the parking lot of Duke's Cafe, parked and exited out the car. Travis hopped out first and met Layla outside her door. He held out his hand and grabbed for hers. Kayla smiled and blushed of his gentleman like qualities. "He's so dreamy.."she thought to herself as she grabbed her purse and stepped out. "Well.. here we are!" she said excitedly as she gripped his arm tighter. She looked up to see that he was grinning as well. Walking through the brown double doors they were greetedbyhe host, a young man probably in his late teens. "Hello, welcome! Table for two? Right this way!" the young man smiled as he led them up to the stairs to table to the balcony. "Wow! What a view! So beautiful..do you spoil your dates like this often?" Kayla chuckled as she sat down on the brown cushioned seat. "Well, you seemed like you needed some spoiling.." Travis smiled as he gazes into her eyes and sitting down after her. "Two glasses of your Cabernet and waters please?" Travis said quickly looking at the server and then smiling to Kayla. "Oh, yes.. Sounds good to me!" she blushed as she gazed at him intently. "So.. Tell me.. at the club.. Was that your girlfriend.. or just some girl..?!" she said with a smile and giggling a little. "Um, no.. it was actually my sister." he said calmly looking into her eyes. "It was her birthday and she invited me to that rowdy club, I wasn't going to go but.. something told me I should... " he looked to side of the balcony peering at the sunset. "I wouldn't have met you.. and now I'm glad I went.. actually." He looked back at Kayla and gave a little smirk; before being greeted by two Cabernet wines and waters placed unto the table. "Cheers, to our first date!" Kayla grinned grabbing her glass and raising to his.

Hours pass, four glasses of wine and two Alfredo dinners later, Kayla looked and saw that it was already 8 o'clock. "Geez, I know its still a bit early but I have an interview tomorrow at 1 o'clock that I need to be prepared for.." she said with a smirk as she placed her napkin from her face to her lap. "Everything was great and delicious... but I'm kind of ready to go home.." she replied with cute pout staring at Travis. "Its fine, I'm ready too.. " he responded with a grin as he placed his credit card in the folder for the bill and rose from the table. Watching Travis walked up to the cashier and walked back to me and grabbed my hand. We walked together to the car and he kissed her cheek. Kayla could t help but to giggle and blush nervously as he opened the door for her. She slipped in and buckled up. Travis got into his side and turned on the car. He back out the parking lot and headed back to the house. Once we made it back to Main St, she watched as his hand started to reach for hers. Nervous, Kayla pulled her hand back to herself and looked out her window, she could see that they were getting nearer to her home. Turning onto Russell, her house started to come into view and she was a bit relieved that she made it home not too drunk. Travis parked into her driveway and sat there calmly as he stopped the engine. "I-I had a lovely time with you, I hadn't smiled and laughed so much in a long time, thank you for everything.." she said softly as she opened her door and climbed out. Travis opened his door and exited, closing the door behind him. He walked to his hood and sat there as she walked towards him. "Have a goodnight Kayla.. I hope to see you soon.." he said softly looking at her. She walks past him and she suddenly felt him grip her arm tightly pulling her into his arms. He tilted her head into his arm and hugged her tight.

• Love
Reactions: Ravenbelle
Status
Not open for further replies.