The Strange Lives of the Ordinary

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Well, I guess I'll see you around then.. nice meeting you.. Stranger." she replied with a smile as he walked to his house. "Wow, he has a beautiful house and his garden looks well cared for, I knew there was something soft about that man.. but I couldn't put my finger on it." she mumbled quietly to herself as she rolled her tinted windows up and drove slowly away. Four houses down, Kayla makes it to her driveway and shut the engine. She sat there in her car thinking about why she had driven a stranger home. "An odd fellow.. And I was being nice to him? What's really wrong with me?" she questioned as she slipped of her heels and closed the door. She walked slowly to her front door, her porch light flashing down in front of her and pulled her keys out to unlock the door. Suddenly, she blacked out and a vague flashback memory of someone running behind her and pushing her into her car door.. Slamming her face into the window. She began to fight scratching a clawing her away from the unknown assailant. She remembers her clothes being ripped and her straps of her bra being cut with a knife. He had nipped her skin deeply. Kayla yells loudly "No!" and wakes up to her door. She quickly unlocks her front door and slams it closed. She frantically locks the door behind her and sets the house alarm. She laid there in her dress and cried. "Leave me alone!! Get out of my dream!!" she said softly curling up in front of her door her mascara smeared down her face from her nonstop tears.

Reactions: OlympusBlood
Frank locked the door the second he was inside. All the windows were shut, the heating was off, the house was the perfect temperature. Pulling himself up the stairs to get ready for bed, he couldn't stop thinking about how he recognised the woman who'd drove him home. "Frank, you're drunk and stupid," he muttered to himself, "You're the principal, you've probably met everybody in this idiotic town." He had a faint growl in his voice as he finished the last button on his pyjama shirt. Forcing his drunken body into the bathroom, he picked up his toothbrush and brushed his teeth. Shower would have to wait till the morning - he wasn't in the right state to do it. He crawled into bed, burying his head in the pillow and drifted off to slumbers, not even bothering to set an alarm clock.

Reactions: Annabella <3
Tired and worn out, Kayla dragged herself to her bedroom up the stairs and plopped on her bed for the rest of the night.

The next day, it was 10:00 am, the phone began to ring off the hook, and never stopped. She glanced at the phone and it was "John". "Dammit it's Saturday for Pete's sake.." she mumbled in annoyance as she threw her phone across the room. "He should've talked to me yesterday, that bastard." Kayla eyes are weary and her feet swollen from her high heels. "Its a beautiful day today to sleep in." she whispered as she dove into her squishy pillow. "I can't believe I took a stranger home and he lives down the street from me.. Crrreeepy!!!" she smile and thought to herself quietly. " Well, I don't think I'll be running into him any time soon."

Frank woke up at nine with a splitting headache and no memory of the night before. "Ugh," he made a small noise as he tumbled out of bed. "You're late for work!" he told himself before he checked his phone and realised it was Saturday. In the bathroom he fumbled in his medicine cabinet and got out an aspirin, hoping it would help his hangover. Taking a quick shower he got dressed in perfectly ironed brown trousers, a crisp white shirt, and his shined shoes. By this point it was eleven o'clock, and he decided to do some gardening. He hadn't watered the plants for a day or so.

Waking up from a nice sleep after the annoying calls, she rises to her feet and begins to undress into comfortable clothes. "I should've changed last night but I was too tired.." she thought to herself as she rustled through her drawers. Kayla puts on a white vneck T-shirt and gray yoga pants. " Maybe O should water my plants before it gets too hot. " she walked down the hallway to the stairs and walked out the front door; closing it behind her.

Going out to his front garden, he picked up his watering can and filled it up with the outside tap. He was so glad he'd got those CCTV cameras. No kids dared throw eggs at his garden now. He went towards his colour co-ordinated pansies, tending to each patch separately, lost in thought. The aspirin hadn't lasted very long, but at least his headache wasn't as bad as it was before. Glancing around the neighbourhood, noticing only one other was doing the same. One familiar other. Of course she's familiar, we live on the same street, Frank, he thought to himself.

Humming and walking slowly to her water hose, she turned the water on and pointed the nozzle to her flower beds in front of the deck. "Ahh, there you girls go, thirsty?" she mumbled softly to her self and to the inanimate objects. After watering her daisies, tulips and sunflowers, Kayla began to water the rest of her lawn evenly. It was a beautiful morning, very quiet and peaceful. "It seems that I wasn't the only one sleeping in. Ha-ha.." she giggled softly as she looked at the houses and the sky above her. As she glanced up and down the street, she noticed a man outside watering his plants. "Hey, that reminds me of that guy last night. Creeepyyy" she said in an exaggerated tone as she started to head back to turn off the faucet. The water sprayed onto her white v-neck and she gave a little scream, "Ahh, thats cooooolled!!! She squinted and took another look. " Yep..that's him.." she said annoyed and looking back to her house quickly.

Frank had turned his head back to his flowers before she had even looked at him. If he had stayed watching her, he probably would have worked it out. But instead, he was devoting his attention to tending to his garden, until there was a scream Frank could hardly hear, but it was there. His eyes wandered to the other neighbour. She had recently been in a water attack. Holding back laughter, he continued to care for his garden, which meant filling up the bird seed. He went inside to get some.

• Useful
Reactions: Ravenbelle
After finishing her plants, Kayla walks slowly back to her porch and grabs her running shoes that were sitting outside." I think I'll go for a quick run to the park." she said softly smacking her shoes together and slipping onto her feet. She began to stretch her legs and arms, warming up her body for her run. "Oh, I almost forgot my ipod!" she ran back into the house to her counter and back to the porch. Picking up a spare key from under a planter, she locks her door and places back under. Kayla puts her headphones on and begin to run up Russell Street and make her way to the neighborhood park two miles away. Breathing through her nostrils, Kayla felt the cool wind brushing her redden cheeks and her chest dripping with sweat.

Filling up the bird seed, Frank made his way back inside, wondering what he should do for the day. There wasn't much to do, he'd done his papers, and besides, Sunday was always the day he did any weekend work, since he was not a religious man. He closed his door, and went into the kitchen. Upon realising the fridge was empty, he decided to go down to the supermarket. "At least you've got something to do, Frank," he told himself with a sigh. Who enjoyed grocery shopping? Frank knew he didn't. Scribbling down a list of things he needed, he drove his car out of the driveway and went in the other direction of Kayla, feeling like he was forgetting something... something important.

Looking ahead of herself and watching the road, she finally makes it to the park and sits on a nearby bench to rest. She kept recollecting last night and wondering why she drove a strange man home. "Why did I even do that, that's something I wouldn't have normal done.." she pondered to herself as she rose and made her way to the gym nearby the park.

Making her way to the gym that was on the other side of the playground, she opened the doors and the cool fresh air blasted in front of her. There wasn't many people in, since it was still early in the morning. Unaware of sweaty men gawking at her, Kayla walked by the mesmerized men with her curvaceous physique and pretty face avoiding any eye contact whatsoever. Kayla makes her way to the stationary bike room and shuts the glass door.

Tuning out from the rest of the world, she quickly sits on the seat, turns on her club house music and begins pedaling. With no idea of how long she will workout for, she hopes to go on until she forgets about everything around her.

• Useful
Reactions: Ravenbelle
Reaching the supermarket, Frank parked and found a shopping trolley. Glancing at his list: bread, milk, yoghurt, cheese, ice-cream, coffee, butter... what did he not need? With an angered frown, he entered the shop and went down each aisle, hoping nobody he knew was here. If he had to see one more child, he was sure he'd tear out his hair. It was extremely annoying. Luckily, there was not many people in the supermarket compared to it's size. It would be fairly easy not to run into anyway. But knowing his luck, he would. Occasionally staring at his list, memorising it a few items at a time, he eventually crossed off everything on the list. Noticing that nobody used the self-serving checkouts, and not having the patience to queue, he made his way towards them. Thank god, he thought to himself, for the invention of credit cards. A quick password, and he could leave.

It was about an hour in a half, Kayla was started to slow her speed on the bike and take rest. Panting and breathing deeply, she eased herself slowly off the bike and sat right next to it and stretched out. "Phew, that was hard.. its going to hurt before Monday for sure.." she said softly as she rose up back to her feet. "I think ai'm ready to go home and rest. Opening to doors to the main gym, it seemed a little more full and Kayla began to become anxious. "Time to go, for real now.." she said hurriedly making her way pass more men and women. Exiting the air conditioned building, Kayla started to walk towards the park and back to Russell street. She stopped to tie her shoe and fix her ponytail; stretching and preparing herself for the run back home. At a slow pace, she started to run down the street and make her way pass the endless houses. In her perifiral vision, she noticed a black Mercedes driving alongside with her, it was one of the guys that was staring at her. She had recognized his face and knew what he was after. "Leave me be!!" she yelled as she looked at him and then proceeded to run faster. Catching a little more speed the man continued to follow her "I know you from somewhere, sweetie?,You look really familiar.. that body, those tits and ass. Ooh yeah!! Hmmm.. I know you!! " he said loudly honkig his horn and not paying attention to the road. Kayla turned onto an alley way that was a shortcut to her home. She began to run faster and the man keep pestering her and continued to persue her with his car. " Give me that ass baby!!! Woooooo, Run for me!! You how I like it!!" the man yells carelessly unaware of the traffic ahead. Suddenly, Kayla hears a loud crash, and watches as the man slams head first into the back of a parked car. His windows shattered and airbags deployed, her heart sank as she looked back. Still in shock, she quickly called 911 and ran back home as fast as she could.

Last edited:
Frank made his way home from the supermarket, locking his door, unpacking the food in the fridge and cupboards of his pristine kitchen. Cleanliness was key in his home, there was only one messy room, and it was the dining room, due to the papers in there. Grading after grading after grading of stupid papers. He hated it. But it was not to be thought about till tomorrow. Going upstairs to his bedroom, lying down on the bed with a sigh. He needed to exercise more. Gardening was not exercise. Still, he didn't think about his fitness for very long. His phone vibrated again. Please, this isn't a prank call. Just tell me where you are. Even just the city? That stupid number again. It was impossible for anyone to get his mobile number, and for all he knew, this person could be a crazy stalker. How would they even know he was the right guy? He closed his eyes and took a deep breath. He needed something to entertain himself with. TV? There was nothing on probably. Computer? Ha! Only for work. His garden was tended to. Was this really the day he sorted out the dining room? He supposed so. With nothing to do, and a lot to think about, Frank needed to find a decent way to entertain himself.

Running up the lawn of her home and stomping up the steps to her porch, Kayla's heart raced and still was in shock about the accident. She picked up her mat for the key and unlocked her door, shutting it from the inside. She made her way to the kitchen for a glass of ice water and walked up the steps to her bedroom. Walking over to her clothes hamper, Kayla undresses to her underwear and throws her sweaty clothes into it. "It wasn't my fault, It wasn't my fault!" she yelled to herself as she let out a small tear. She walked to her bathroom and began to undress for a cold shower. Clipping off her bra and sliding down her panties, she hopped into the shower and stood there staring into the tiled wall. "That bastard.. Taunting me and chasing me with his car.. he deserved it, but.. why do I feel bad about it now?" she said softly as the water fell over her face and down to her body. "I just don't understand... Was I that afraid of him calling me out and knowing who I actually was.. those times will always haunt me for the rest of my life.."

After a long cold shower, Kayla walks over to her bed to put on a loose whit vneck shirt and black boyshorts that exposed a little bit of her back end. She slipped on some gray socks and headed downstairs to get her phone off the counter. She noticed that John had called three times while she was out. "Ugh, he knows Saturday is my day off from anything, why is he bothering me.. He obviously had a good time at the bar last night, he didn't need me there." she said angrily as she throws her phone into the couch. She jumps into her couch on her belly and decides to take a nap after a awkward morning workout.

Kelly pulled her hood up as she stepped into the bus. It wouldn't take her very far because there hadn't been too much cash in his wallet, but she'd go to the next state at least. All she had was a wrinkled up paper in her hoodie pocket and a 10 dollar bill in her ratty converse shoe. And then just the clothes on her back. A holey pair of old jeans and a gray tank top under her thick, black hoodie. She could feel her heart racing in her chest and she really wished it was dark outside so she would feel more hidden, but now was as good a time as ever. She had no idea where he was on this particular Saturday afternoon but he hadn't turned up since he last went to the bar so she just hoped he wouldn't find out she was gone for at least a few more hours. Because then she'd be long gone. 5 hours on the Greyhound. That's all she gets. And then...well she'd find out when she gets there. Kelly took deep breaths, trying to calm herself down. Maybe she could get a nap on the way there. By the bruise-like shadows under her eyes, it was clear she needed sleep and she kept telling herself she would be safe now, but only when she finally saw the sign saying she was leaving her hometown could she relax enough to doze off every so often.

Last edited:
Entering the dining room with a sigh, Frank sat down at one of five chairs at the table, red pen in hand. He began to mark the papers, over and over, ticks and crosses without really thinking. You'd think being the boss meant you could just get your underdogs to do it, but in the education career, it didn't work like that at all. Shame for Frank. Please, the phone begged in his pocket... how long could he ignore it for? The past was in the past, or so he thought. By the time he'd finished marking, he couldn't be bothered to add it up and write the right letter. Who had time? Tests were only good for the school, and if Frank had his way, there wouldn't be exams, because the teachers hate them more than the children. Maybe even more. After all, it was middle school, not high school. High school tests made sense, but middle school was useless. In exhaustion, his wrist aching, he turned on the television and was greeted with the news. Great... more depressing stuff that would anger him.

((OoC: Sorry I didn't get alerts for this...))

Awakened by the buzzing of her phone, Kayla rises slowly up from her stomach and reaches for the noise maker and pulls it close to her ear. "Hello..?" she answered softly as she ran her fingers through her hair. "Why haven't you answered my calls!! What the hell is a matter with you! Leaving me at the bar like a fool!! You are my assistant and an assistant stays with the boss and follows my orders!!" John yelled angrily through the phone. "Don't force me to expose the real foolish trashy slut you are... how else did you think you were going to keep your job? You knew exactly what you needed to do to get where you were." he said laughingly as the noise of women giggling in the background. Kayla's eyes watered and she became deeply saddened with tear streaming down her face. "Do not talk to me like that... You have no right to speak to me like a dog!!! I left that wicked bar because you were busy making yourself look like a fool. That had nothing to do with me. And the fact that you believe that I am somewhat of a slave to you is a bewilderment. You do not own me you bastard, I hope you rot in hell, I quit!!!" she screamed loudly as she threw her phone across the room, hitting a flower vase and watching it crash to the floor. "Well I guess I should start looking for a new job now.. " she said quietly as she rose from the couch with tears in her eyes. She made her way to the hall closet to get the vacuum and clean the mess she had made.

Awoken with a start at a sudden stop of the screeching bus, Kelly gasped and sat up, having been in the middle of a nightmare. The sixteen year old checked the stop and gave a sigh of relief that she still had 2 and a half hours until her stop. The bus pulled away once more and she leaned her head against the window, trying to rid herself of the memories. But the dark bruise on her shoulder she was leaning on didn't let her forget. She didn't want to be found. She could never go back home--or rather, that grimy house that was no home to her. In that case, well, she no longer has a home. Just a lost, runaway teenager with a bus ticket and a lonely heart.

She bumped along with the bus, feeling numb and empty-headed hearing only the 80's tune on the radio and her own slow breaths.

Vacuuming her broken vase off the white carpeted floor, Kayla slowly picked up the big broken pieces. " I can't believe I lost my job to an asshole.. I worked so hard to get to where I was at.. So many hours of him bitching and complaining, using me for nonsense. Keeping his horrible secrets, sleeping with him twice in my desperate drunken state, lying for him in exchange for him keeping my one big secret I can't believe he would treat me like this, or any woman for that matter. He is conniving and deceiver.. He won't have the balls to expose me.. for what I used to be..." Rambling to herself, she picks up her yellow daises and places them into another empty vase. "Here you guys go... I'm sorry." she said softly to her flowers as she place them back onto the dining table. She walked over to the trash and threw away the broken pieces of glass. After cleaning up her mess, Kayla sat at the counter and glances at her workbag and the folders surrounding it. "I guess I should return those.." she muttered to herself glancing over the documents. She slid over her computer bag and takes out her laptop. "Well... time to look at a new job..." she said softly as she clicked onto the search engine for job lists. "Hmm, I have a degree in technology and experience with people, computers, calculations and filing... maybe a Technician, or a secretary, or even work in a school.. I don't know. Maybe, a high school? Eh, who knows... I'll just send out my resume to all of them and hope for the best." After completing the applications for work, she decides to walk onto her porch and sit on the bench that faced to a perfect view of the mountains far ahead.

Status
Not open for further replies.