The stories behind the Usernames/Avatars:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Weeeeeell, my name came from Whispered's Thousand Blades album, which is somewhat based off of the life story of Saito Musashibo Benkei, some super badass Japanese 6'4 guy that basically stood on a bridge and defeated 999 people in duels, taking their swords, before finally losing his 1,000th duel to some guy and then pledging loyalty to him.

All my various names here (I change it monthly) either start with Cammy or have Cammy in them. My online persona is a shifter. When I first joined I was Cammyjag, based on an anthro character that I created and fell in love with and not, as many originally thought, from Cammy in Street Fighter 2. My Cammy is a Mexican-American jaguar, born in the borderlands of Texas right after the turn of the 20th century. She is my base form.

Currently, I am CammyBunny, and you get points if you can figure out why I chose a rabbit specifically this month. (And before you say anything, Easter is NEXT MONTH.) The avi should be a giveaway.

Mittens is my name! >:3

When I first joined, I was known as MittenKitten83, but after a while everyone started to call me Mitten/Mittens and every time I introduced myself to a newbie in Chat or on the Welcome page, they would call me MittenKitten and it threw me off because hardly anyone called me that anymore. So, without much thought I changed my name to Mittens83 and have become the only known species of Winter-Wear-Kitten in all of Iwaku! :D

I also part-time as a Shoulder Kitten or a Hoodie Kitten, depending on who you are!

The story behind my name is super simple. One Christmas my best friend at the time gave me these super adorable mittens as a present, the best part about them? THEY WERE KITTENS. Like super for reals. They were grey and reminded me of my cat at the time Dingo! ^^ I loved them soooo much! :D

So naturally,my avatars reflect those mittens as well! Usually being a picture of a grey or black cat/kitten.

As a result of joining Iwaku, MittenKitten/Mittens has become my most used name around the online world, so if you see one, it will most likely be me! If not, SHOOT THEM ON SIGHT. >:[

Ha. Nearly everyone here has such a meaningful username and I'm just parading around as Lovecraft's scary troll god. In all seriousness, though, it's because I treasure my relative anonymity and wanted a username that wasn't connected to the one I use on almost everything else. Besides, I thought it would be fun to have a somewhat ominous username and connected online persona. Sort of a social experiment to see how other people's reactions change--and also to see if anyone recognizes it.

And the avatar's a bit of art I found that I liked because almost no one draws his pharaoh form when they depict Nyarlathotep. His look of carefully practiced fancy god disdain is also pretty neat and reflects how I feel about stuff and things most of the time.

Hmm that's a good one. Zizi is a shortened nick named version of 'Ziear' whom is my main character of mine. I've had him for years and he's an important part of my rp life. Even though I am a female and he is well... a he. But it was sort of became odd for people to call me 'Ziear' so I shortened it, Zizi.
KITTY IS BECAUSE I LOVE CATS.

Actually lol no in all seriousness I chose Kitty because all my characters used to be anthro, including Ziear. Whom was a lion. Lions are a species of big cat. Cat = Kitty.

Zizikitty. :D

But I do love cats. :3

The avatar changes but right now it's my WoW troll character Dyzz. I really like how I drew it and pretty much it boils down to a picture of a pretty female. I am a female so I wanted a female portrait. I also wanted something to convey my current WoW obsession. So yay troll.

Y'all are so original, and I'm just sitting here like Uh...it's my name, guys...I'm so spethial. But seriously, I've have a couple of usernames in the past. The one that had the longest run, especially on roleplaying sites, was CloneChild. I made it when I was an awkward 12-year-old girl in Catholic school. I think the story tells itself. Everyone called me Clone until I just eventually changed it to that. I don't remember when I stopped using that name, but after a while, it just stopped seeming relevant. So, because I lack all taste and originality, I just chose my own name as my new username. I've used it on a few sites now, so there's a chance some of you may have seen it before. It's unlikely, though, because it's a fairly new move on my part.

Anywho, the story of the avatar photo is even less interesting, if that's even possible. I went to the aquarium with my sister one day and took a bunch of Instagram photos of the jellies. It sounds like something you'd do when you're high, but I was just captivated by all the glowing lights. I get distracted easily. But...since I don't really use Instagram or the Facebooks very often, I don't have a lot of pictures from which to choose. So, after much filing through my photographs, I landed on this one. I probably won't change it. That would just take too much work.

I, for one, think jellyfish are cool. ^^ Plus it's unique- I have to admit, I get people with anime girls for avatars confused sometimes. XD

Reactions: 2 people
Me too, @Lady Sabine ! I try to read the names so I don't have to go back and re-orient myself when someone changes their avatar or another player with a similar avatar comes along.

I think jellies are so incredible! You wouldn't be able to get me to shut up about them if I were in the right mood. Really, I love all ancient species. I think evolution is absolutely incredible. Matter of fact, I was on a date recently, and we went to the natural history Smithsonian, and he asked me what was my favorite part of the museum. No, I didn't drag him to the dinosaurs; I led him straight into Ocean Hall to the P/T extinction and proceeded to tell him everything I knew about marine invertebrates. I swear, if I hadn't been friends with this guys for years already, he probably would have run far and fast. But anyway, yeah, jellyfish are cool.

Also, I do the same thing that you do with calling yourself Lady Sabine. I'm Lady Noelle on most MMOs simply because the vast majority of people in those games are men, and I like setting myself apart. That, and when people refer to me as "he" or "him," it grinds on me a little bit. I'm about as feminine as they come! It just seems strange.

The story behind my Username/Avatar. Well for the avatar, I change it when I get bored. It's usually something weird or strange, but that is my fancy and that is just me. And as for my username, I used to go by one of my character's names when I would join Rp sites. It was usually Essence_Witch03. But I got bored with it and decided to come up with a new name. So I went on google and searched up a list for usernames and this was one and I decided to use it-plus it's weird just like me and also memorable.

Reactions: Fijoli
  • What is the story of your username/avatar?
Well, I actually just changed my avatar not long ago. I am a huge fan of the singer VALSHE, and the artist of this picture(whose name I'm sadly not aware of, I only know their pixiv account number, haha). I always wound up with a picture of her for a new release, and this picture even inspired me for new characters. It's from her new CD called "V.D." and this fanart is well... almost better than the actual cover art.

As for my username, it's quite a funny story. See, I used to go by Kuro or Kuro-tan, and that was when I figured... it's overused. So I wrecked my head, until it plopped when I saw my dA account. You see, my dA username is minagi-megurine, a funny little something I did using a first name of choice and a VOC@LOID last name (In this case, Luka Megurine). Basically, I decided that "Minagi" would be my new name, and to make it a little cooler I write it as "MiNaGi". I use it as my singing alias as well.

Thomas McTavish was actually one of the first real story character's I created, using him (and failing, I might add) as the author of a journal of his own slow decent into madness, while in a mental asylum. I took quite fondly to the name, and I made it my Pen name. Whenever I write something I know people who don't know me are going to read, I sign it as Thomas McTavish. It also matches me because I created the alias and journal of madness descending in middle school, when my own mind began to fracture and my sanity began to decay into the madman many of you know of today.
I change avatar's often, but my first on Iwaku was a close-up art of Jack of Blades from the xbox game Fable. I enjoyed the game, and masks were (and still are) a big theme for me.

What is the story behind your username/avatar?

Well I've been around a good while. I was with Moonwings and back then I went as Inkyjoey. That name carried over to here for a while but I changed it to just Joey for a while then my life really changed and I dropped off the map for a while. It was Inkyjoey because... well I was and still am a writer. I also was always very found of the name Joey and best friends with two. One male and one that was female.

I combined the two passions/loves of mine the name and writing and
Inkyjoey was born. Now what my avatar was then I cant remember. As for the change to Joey, well I was only writing very depressing things so I stopped writing for a while. Then when my life blew up in my face and I dropped off the map/world... well I came back to Iwaku as who I really am. Drew.

No cute funny names. Nothing to hide or create. I don't feel the need to be creative that way unless I'm making a character. I'm not a character. I'm me. I've worked to hard to get here and well... yeah. As for my avatar's well they change when I find something funny or fitting for my mood. I don't like to have anything serious or scary.

Sorry to make this so long but I'm pretty sure members might have been wondering about me. Well now you know. Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.