The Stones of Etherium

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alrighty this is what I got...

Name:
"I was once told 'Don't tell someone your name unless they give you theirs first, and even then use a fake one'. But you seem nice! I'm Jojo."

Race:
"Well I'm human as far as I know."

"I'm around twenty one years old now. Yeah, that's about right."

Appearance: Jojo has tanned skin, black hair, and dark brown eyes, 5'6" tall with a wiry build and is almost always smiling and looking around at new things. He'll wear regular looking commoners clothes or maybe even something stylish he's got laying around if he's feeling special. But always, he'll have his bearskin rug either tied around his waist or over his shoulders like a cloak, he's quite fond of it.

Background:
"Well that's kind of a long story, I'll try to make it short. Alright so I've been an orphan for as long as I can remember and got into all kinds of scraps with the other kids in the orphanage I was in, all in good fun really. I had the worst record when it came to foster families, with the most returns of any other kid in there. I just never felt like I belonged,I had the feeling I should return back to the orphanage. One family though in particular was adopting children to use for physical labor, and would dish out beatings for motivation. Extra for me. I had been getting irritable, I had headaches, especially when dealing with the mean ol' family dudes, like their evil vibes were messing with my head and I talked all kinds of back-smack. Then I got a feeling, a feeling that told me I should leave, but not go back to the orphanage. So I decked a couple of the jerk-butts and took off with some of the other kids, as many as would follow me, and ran to the haunted forest. I had a strong feeling that the forest was the best place for us, I only managed to convince some of them to come, I wished the others good luck and headed into the forest. It was like I knew where I was going, and I ended up coming to a grove where an old man was meditating. He took us in and taught us the way of his monastary. Finally, I felt like this is where I needed to be."

Brief Biography:
"I spent many years in that monastery, they were very understanding and helped me grow and develop in my own way. I went out into the world periodically to see what I could learn and to help people. It was pretty great, I wrestled bears and stuff, and helped some folks deal with bandits. It was great up until the soldiers came around. They had been forcing themselves on the villages, taking food and supplies as they wanted. We tried to help but there was only so much we could do. They took notice of us and wanted the monastery to serve their cause. We refused, except for one, Wrandan. I had been preparing to leave to deal with a report of a rampaging ape at that time. When I came back the monastery was destroyed, my brethren lay dead or missing. Wrandan had lead the soldiers in around our defenses while my brothers slept, I can only assume those who are missing were captured. I must save my brothers but I am conflicted, I feel such a strong desire for vengeance within me. But that is not our way. So I have decided to wander the land, seek out my brothers, and if fate gives me the opportunity to exact my revenge I will surely take it."

Skills and Abilities:
"I've always been pretty handy in a fist fight, and I like to wrastle, and I learned how to be proficient with a number of weapons from the monastery but I still prefer hand to hand. Um as far as magical ability goes, well the monastery helped me discover some pretty cool tricks I didn't know I could do. I also enjoy climbing, playing with animals, making friends, uuummmmm eating food, basket weaving, making things out of wood hmmmmm. I can't think of anything else, I guess that's it!"

Character Flaws:
"I'm told I'm too friendly? Lately I've been having a real tough time keeping calm sometimes, and I'll get all angry and cranky, it only happens a couple times a month though. Uuhh I got this big nasty scar on my shoulder from where this giant ape bit me, it can get pretty stiff when it's cold but stretching and exercising usually fixes it. I've also been told 'curiosity kills the cats' which sounds pretty ominous but I guess it's a good thing cats have so many lives, right? Oh one more thing, I kind of have a problem with blacking out and I'll be somewhere completely different from where I was before, I think it's just severe sleep-walking though. "

Last edited by a moderator:
I was rushed on the last bit so feel free to slip out of Gorblok's grasp Killako.​

Since the game was originally intended to be five members to a party and we're a democratic anarchy until the GM resurfaces, I move that if Gordon the Ranashi Slave doesn't post by Friday we let Effort join in his stead. All in Favor?

I don't know about this rolling thing, seems like a good way to get yourself killed. At least, the dice never liked me.

Since the game was originally intended to be five members to a party and we're a democratic anarchy until the GM resurfaces, I move that if Gordon the Ranashi Slave doesn't post by Friday we let Effort join in his stead. All in Favor?
Aye.

I guess it would be better if we had rolled stats, or the GM had stats for us and ways to improve them. Luck rerolls!

I don't know about this rolling thing, seems like a good way to get yourself killed. At least, the dice never liked me.
You aren't required to roll, it's just an optional thing Killako enjoys and it's made the story interesting already :p

All you need to worry about is how you ended up in Sunshire (the village we're in) and how best you can serve Glorious Commander Gorblok keeping your posts fun for all involved since we're basically an improv group at the moment :p

Reactions: Killako
Looks like Jojo is going owlbear wrastlin'.

Friday's over on the East Coast, Effort, wanna introduce Jojo by leaping out of the bushes and chasing the Owlbears chasing Gorblok chasing the Halfing chasing the Mother Owlbear Benny Hill style?

I'll see what I can scrape together after I wake up.

I think I posted with the actions in a turn in mind. Standard, move, full move...

Oh no, should my character have said something? The game is going to die now! What have I done!?

Oh no, should my character have said something? The game is going to die now! What have I done!?
We bring you in, we make you one of us and this is how you repay us. You break my heart, Alfredo.

I don't have much to say, since Selestewa is cowardly and would probably do something stupid in her cowardice (She's not exactly adept at combat). That being said, I wouldn't mind seeing her throw her container dumbly It'd make a good introduction.

Status
Not open for further replies.