LURKER MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Genres
Fantasy Romance, Scifi
Character Index | OoC | IC
~ Stillness ~
~ Forest of Forever-Winter ~

BRbgnGI.jpg

The northern kingdom of List is in a tizzy. A king assassinated, an army of the damned, and a plague hardly curable. What could it take to save this kingdom from collapsing? Perhaps a great hero. Perhaps a party of great heros. But even for the majority of adventurers, there is only so much you can do. Hunting a rabid wolf doesn't even compare to hunting a rogue sorcerer. But with danger and death ever present, the average everyday folk still need to live their lives. Living every moment in waking fear will get you nowhere.

As far north as you can go, there is an isolated village. Stillness. Stillness, lying right in the middle of the Forest of Forever-Winter is covered in snow, save a few weeks in the summer months. It is a small town, but has great value. It sits right next to a river, leading down to Horace, the economic hub of List. The village was established as an outpost for loggers. Ever since, they have continued this tradition. However, the harsh winter conditions prevent logging all year long. Many people who look to make their living with the logging money take leave half-way through the autumn. Stillness's population dwindles, and diminishes. Very few people stay, but those who do have set up permanent businesses to help them get by. The most famous business is the Stillness Lodge House. During the Spring and Summer, the Lodge House is a bustling and uproarious establishment, housing and feeding hundreds upon hundreds of loggers of all ages. During the Fall and Winter, however, the Lodge House provides a place for weary travelers who seek refuge from the cold. The proprietress is always happy to take in anyone who just wants warm fire, fresh sheets, and fresh coffee. Bards and performers stay a day or two. Adventurers bring life to the quiet inn with their stories of conquest and bravado.

This story is not of the grand heroes who slay the abhorrent monster. This simple story is of those who provide one small, but beloved service. This is the story of those who give leave to rest, here in the quiet town of Stillness

~~~
~ Story ~

The story of this RP will involve mostly the interaction between the residents of the lodge house and it's guest. We will likely move on a day by day basis. I will likely develop an event randomizer to determine what sort of interesting things are happening that particular day. This could range from fresh snowfall to the incredibly rare, but devastating, monster attack. Other than that, I love it when we as a group plan things out and discuss the relationships and ideas we all have in OoC.

Last edited:
Do you want us to put our character sheets on this thread?

Oh yeah, I didn't think about that. Imma say yes.

Okay. I'll get to work on my character and get it up to the thread once I'm done.

Hey~hey~^^!!

Is it cool if Boo drops off an appie too :3

I was hoping to get my character up tonight, but I still need to finish up a few minor things so I'll probably get my character up tomorrow.

Hope y'all don't mind me joining in.

Lemme join too (๑• . •๑)

Alright, so it seems we got two circus people. @DANAsaur @Boo Girlie BoomBoom what do you two think about being a part of the same circus troupe?
Normally I'd love to work ideas together but gunna have to say no this time. :\

Cuz like there is a mystery to Rodents past and it all starts with the Carnivale she is from. Like sorry err'body but Boo would like to do a slow reveal of Rodent's history over time. BUT!!

Like the Boo Girlie is soooooo down to figure out how the staff get on together AND especially like how the performers do their group routines and/or solo acts fo'sho^^

Damn erybody human.

Spuds, how you feel about a city guard? Not sure how "small town" feel you're going for. Would there be some degree of an actual "force", or is Stillness small enough to just warrant a single sheriff/Marshall?

I mean yeah. It's a "major" City. Like it's the smallest major city but there are plenty more unnamed villages out there. So guards would be here, though likely understaffed and/or underfunded

Reactions: Red Thunder
I mean yeah. It's a "major" City. Like it's the smallest major city but there are plenty more unnamed villages out there. So guards would be here, though likely understaffed and/or underfunded
Thanks much. Looking at having a CS up tomorrow sometime, all things being equal.

Finally got the CS up. Lemme know if it needs adjusting at all.