The Spirit of the Wolves [AmberLight]

Status
Not open for further replies.
After they had retreated a fair distance from the elder's den and the alphas, Nikita paused to sit down. While her energy was returning she was still exhausted, and Neo seemed to be grateful for the break as well. Resting her head on her paws, the she-wolf closed her eyes for a second. "I'm sorry Neo." She whimpered softly, her brief moment of certainty and willpower fading. Her brother shook his head and nudged her.

"There's nothing to be sorry about Kit. You are right." He responded confidently, making Nikita open one eye and look at him hopefully. Neo smiled at his sister, gesturing for her to rest a bit. He wasn't sure what would happen next, were they exiled from the pack now? He hadn't stuck around to hear a final decision if Cadmus had made one. And what of Milo and Lenci? Would they be coming as well? Seeing Milo make his way over the male wolf's nerves were comforted a bit. The more, the merrier in his opinion - it was unlikely that they would make it through the forbidden forest successfully without as much help as they could get. Neo didn't say anything however, simply looking back towards the elder's den to see what Lenci might decide.

Nikita, on the other hand, had taken the moment to rest properly. She had fallen into a half-sleep quite quickly. When she opened her eyes again she was in some kind of field - one like she hadn't seen since before the drought. Touching the wet grass with her snout and breathing in the smell of life, the female looked around. There were butterflies hopping from flower to flower, and she heard the semi-familiar sound of bees in the background. Feeling herself relax, Nikita started to walk forward through the field. It felt like something was pulling her - trying to reach her.

There was something here that felt warm, and she wanted to find it. Picking up her pace to a jog, Nikita felt herself calm down and her nerves settled. There was something here protecting her, and she was determined to find the source of it. The wolf skidded to a halt when she saw something glowing nearby. Turning curiously, the wolf nosed her way through the grass until she found a bird on the ground. The creature's wing seemed to be torn, and Nikita lowered herself onto her haunches to examine it more closely. The little bird looked up at her and chirped once. The wolf reached out carefully and nuzzled the other animal gently, snorting in a friendly manner. The bird chirped again and jumped onto her snout.

Abruptly Nikita woke up. Neo was speaking to Lenci, who had supposedly made her way from the elder's den. "I agree that we need to talk, though I think Kit might need some sleep beforehand." Her brother was saying, looking sideways at the awoken Nikita for agreement.

Ignoring her brother and shaking her head at the weird dream, Nikita blinked once when she saw the little bird at her feet. The animal was nearly transparent, glowing the soft fuzzy color that her markings had been glowing earlier. Eyeing the creature in fascination, Nikita lowered her head again. The bird chirped and hopped on like it had before - apparently unable to fly from it's broken wing. "I'll name you Angelos." She told the bird, and he chirped once in consent. Hearing the sound Neo looked around in curiosity, blinking once and barking in surprise when he saw the glowing bird.

"What is that?" He was quick to ask. Nikita just looked at him and smiled once.

"His name is Angelos." She responded brightly. Her energy seemed to have returned and with it her optimism. "I met him in a dream." She said in ways of explanation before continuing. "I think... I think the spirits sent him to me." She added, going cross-eyed to examine the bird who was now sitting on her forehead. Angelos chirped, seemingly in confirmation of her words, before settling down between the wolf's ears. "I think he's injured though, something happened to his wing." Nikita said with concern before refocusing her eyes on Neo.

"Either way I think this might be a sign that the spirits are content with the course we have planned." Her voice had dipped back to it's uncertain demeanor but she still sounded confident in her words. "I agree that we should probably rest... It sounds like we have a long trail ahead of us." Nikita then stated, looking towards Lenci. Neo was still staring at the bird dumbfoundedly but eventually he came out of it and nodded at his siter's statement.

"I think we can discuss all this in the morning. The earlier we set off the better, there'll be less heat from the sun." He said decisively, looking across at Lenci and Milo. It had been a long day already and he didn't feel like sitting around talking about what might happen - the forbidden forest was a threat already looming on his mind, though it didn't seem like Kit was feeling any of his nerves. Instead she was fixated on her little bird, and Neo looked up at the sky briefly - sending a quick thanks to the spirits he was now certain existed. Nikita was happy, and that was what mattered most to him; he could take care of any danger that might come, she didn't have to worry about it.

"What time do you think we should meet up tomorrow?" Neo asked in the general direction of Milo and Lenci, obviously not minding which one of the two responded.

Status
Not open for further replies.