Midian

Stars fear no distance
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per week
Online Availability
Thursdays, Saturdays, and Sundays. Occasionally Tuesdays.
Writing Levels
  1. Adept
  2. Advanced
  3. Prestige
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Female
  2. Futanari
  3. Primarily Prefer Female
  4. No Preferences
Genres
Magical Realism, adventures/action, scifi and fictional modern, Medium-high fantasy, complicated romance, Adult, Horror, Japan-friendly, fanbased, LGBT*-friendly, flexible period drama, dystopias, mythological influence, psychological drama and horror... Open to other suggestions as well.
Currently I am going to close this to people who have not already expressed interest in the thread. If there is an opening, this message will self-destruct disappear.

Here is the IC thread.

Story: A small group of humans and monsters band together to keep the inn running and try to re-establish the power of Guests (monsters/spirits).

Setting: A magical realism world that's a modern alternate version of Japan. Pretty heavy Japanese mythological influences, but the inn and to a lesser degree the world can have other influences. There are special "doors" in the real world that let the inn guests come and go, but humans have to get special permission or accidentally use one the same time as a Guest. Doors can be windows, doors, ponds, trash cans, and your mom things like crawling under the right desk.

Premise: Parallel to the human world, there's a spirit world with a giant fucking inn that houses all manner of mythical creatures, spirits, and whatnot. Why? Humans and large-scale industrialization have squeezed the mythical folk out of their homes. With cell phones and street cameras, they can no longer hide and can't risk being seen or recorded.

Now, with the inn getting crowded, they have to figure out how to get people to believe in them and their power again without getting "caught" and forced to integrate with humans (in other words, their power lies in being known, but untouchable and unfindable). So a human or two seeing them is fine, but fifteen seeing them and them being recorded is not.

How do they get around unseen right now? Human suits (note: usually not made from real humans).

Rules: 1. I only need 4 humans. If you play a human, you can also play a monster at full or part-time. You can have no more than 2 characters to start with, but you might be able to add more later.
2. No godmodding, Mary-Sueing, or making things terribly convenient. Life is inconvenient for everyone, even spirits.
3. If you're not posting with the flow of traffic, you'll get one or two warnings and then your characters get dropped. PM me if you've got some major meltdown happening and we'll make arrangements.
4. If you're being a jerk to me or anyone else, or disobeying site rules, you get booted. Keep the adult bits within your age group and in the appropriate places.
5. Please avoid generic or oft-used creatures, or half-human hybrids. So no vampires, fairies, general ghosts, werewolves, etc. I am looking for creatures like yurei, wendigos, tengu, thunder birds, cecaelia, etc. Please no sexy catgirls, etc.
6. Posts should be a solid two or more paragraphs barring special circumstances.

Once I get a good number of posts, I'll start accepting people and get the IC thread up. You'll see the link here when it's ready.

Characters so far:

Mayumi the human

Eira the yuki-onna

Yamasato the tengu

Slyphie the mermaid

Chirra the swiftcat

Chrysa the forest nymph

Hana the human

Miriya the bakeneko

Tibbs the tanuki

Tamashi the onibi

Inushiro the inu yokai

For humans:[/SIZE]

[Picture]
Name:
DOB:
Physical Description (if no image):

Hobbies:
Personality:
Likes/Dislikes/Fears:
History:

For Guests/spirits/monsters:

[Picture]
Name:
Type of creature:
Preferred food:
Other habits/traits:

Hobbies:
Personality:
Likes/Dislikes/Fears:
History:

[Human suit image]
Human occupation (if they have one):
Brief bio on human disguise

mukaitaki-ryokan-traditional-japanese-inn-wood-construction-building-AH4F26.jpg
e3p1094779.jpg

cirrina_by_elluminous-d8zpkea.jpg
latest
3131766802_1f7a558602_z.jpg

2830188664_7c78323bcc_b.jpg
522683883.jpg

4b2427b380edb830ebf302e3bcd5fa30.jpg

Last edited:
I'd post but the internet isn't that great here and I'm on my phone so is it okay if I wait til I get to my house on the 30th

Reactions: Midian

[bg=white]
Name:
Chrysa

Type of creature
forest nymph
[/bg][bg=white]

Preferred food
Organic food such as fruits, vegetables, and berries

Other habits/traits:
Always have a poison ivy with her may it be as jewelry or accessory.

Hobbies
Reading, gardening, playing music, ballet

Personality

Chrysa is naturally flirty and seductive. She's manipulative and cunning too. She rarely forms attachments to others, unless she feels they deserve it somehow, or comes to really like something about them. To those she does form attachments to, she becomes exceedingly possessive of. She feels jealousy a lot, especially in response to others interacting with a close one of hers, and seems needy or clingy sometimes when she feels this way.

She has a bad temperament, becoming angry or frustrated at little things. However, she seems to have a soft spot for young children and animals, and can keep her cool much better when in their presence.

Overall, she can contradict herself with hows he acts sometimes, and has some attachment and temper issues, but she can be a nice girl and pretty gentle when with the right people

LikesS
Gardens, tea, music, ballet, animals

Dislikes
Liars, flirts, rude and manipulative people

Fears
Being unattractive and ugly

History
Chrysa lived for a very long time. Her life was filled with sensuality: flirting with anyone and indulging herself into sinful acts. But as time goes by, she got bored of everything. Wanting a change of pace, she decided to stay at the inn and visit the human world. She soon fell in love with the human world and started visiting ever since.

image.jpg

Human occupation
Model and secret Florist

Brief Bio:
Chrysa is known in the human world as a model. Thanks to the men she seduced and women she slept with, she became a famous one that was sought after by every magazine existed. Of course all of her activities were kept hush hush and even if she didn't seduced or slept with anyone , she'll still get the job but her nymph blood always gets to her.

Anyway, no one really knows where Chrysa lives and she's very private about her life.

She also secretly works as a florist. She doesn't do meet ups or appointments, just phone calls. She does her work at the inn.

[/bg]

Last edited:
red If it's okay, I think I will just stick to playing a human for now.

tumblr_oaoy9qMXZ41v9pr3so1_1280.png

"What do you think I see when I look into the mirror?"

Name:
Hana Utsukushī

DOB:
December 24th

Physical Description:
Standing at 4 feet and 8 inches, Hana is the shortest person in her family by far and never hears the end of it from her brothers, who are all either over 6 feet or close to it. Hana doesn't know where she got her shortness from since her father is 6 feet and her mother is as least 5'8 though Hana chalks it up to be the circumstances of her birth that lead to her lacking height. Her physique could be called petite or slender and she has lean muscles but still looks very feminine. No matter how much she eats, which can be a lot, she hardly ever gains a pound and her body remains small and slender. Her long hair tumbles to her waist and its natural color is a light brown but her brothers dyed it pink. Some think her bright blue eyes are contacts but they are in fact her natural color. Her eyelashes are very full and her cheeks ahave a natural pink tint that leaves Hana with the ability to go without make-up. Her skin is flawless without blemishes and she has a light tan from track and swim club.

When not wearing her uniform, Hana's wardrobe consists mostly of grays, whites and blacks. Due to her condition, she trusts those colors and feels comfortable wearing them. She likes jeans and t-shirts though she has a few dresses, skirts and some shorts and other tops that her mom bought her. She normally wears converse on casual days though she owns one or two pairs of boots. Both of her ears are pierced though her mother had a hard time even getting that done therefore Hana does not sport any tattoos.

High School Student | Works part-time in an animal shelter

Hobbies:
~ Swimming
~ Dancing
~ Reading
~ Drawing
~ Singing

Personality:
When Hana is around people that are not her family or her close friends, she is normally seen as quiet and reserved. She tends to not speak much and speaks quietly at that when spoken to. She is closed off to people she does not know very well and will only open up to people she knows very well. To add to that, Hana is very loyal to her family and the people she calls her friends. She would do anything to protect them and keep them safe, even if that means putting herself in harms way. She is very self-less and tends to forget about her own well-being at times. Once given a task, Hana will become focused solely on that task and will not give up or relent until she is satisfied with the end result. To the extent, she is also a perfectionist and is very reluctant to proclaim her work is perfect to her standards. She is a very neat and organized person coming from a family with three messy brothers. Her bed is made every morning and with the help of her brothers, her closet is separated by color with labels above each section. All her books are alphabetized by author and her desk is neatly organized. She also does not like other people touching her things, especially her diary or photo album that holds pictures of her family. Thankfully, her OCD ends with herself and so she will not go around telling others to organize their things or make their bed. If they want to be messy so be it as long as her things are tidy.

Despite her being closed off to other people, Hana likes to help people and will offer to help if she can manage to pluck up the courage. Hana also does not trust very easily and won't off much about herself even if asked. Even in class, if she knows the answer she is still wary of speaking out. If called on she will answer but will not willingly raise her hand by herself. With assignments or tasks given to her, she prefers to know all the information needed, wanting the whole picture before she begins. Even if it seems un-needed, she wants to know every detail.

Hana is also Ambidextrous, which means she is both left and right-handed. She tends to switch between them, not really favoring one over the other though it has been noted that if she is writing essay's or thought out pieces she will write with her left and if she is scribbling down notes she will use her right.

To the people she is close to, Hana is seen as a happy girl. She hates being the center of attention and can become quite flustered when put in the spotlight. She blushes easily and cries even easier. She also does not like for other people to see her cry, she has a bad habit of bottling up her emotions and problems; instead putting on a brave face and acting like nothing is wrong. She is a very good listener if someone needs to rant and is not very easily angered herself. If you do manage to anger to her you'll never know it though people close to her know the angrier she gets, the quieter her voice gets. However, even if she is angry, she will hold her tongue and not lash out with hurtful words. She also will simply walk away if her anger becomes too strong.

Hana can be very stubborn and does not ask for help very often, especially around people she is not close to. However, if she feels comfortable around someone, she might ask. Maybe. She is very independent. She can also be stubborn in that she holds grudges for a ridiculously long time. She can also be very competitive and childish, especially around her brothers. If a challenge is issued, she will go to many lengths to win and if she does win, she tends to rub it in the other persons face. She also has a tendency to blurt out the first thing that comes to mind when she is nervous or scared. That or she nervously babbles about anything and everything. If Hana doesn't like what the subject of the conversation is, she will do anything to change the subject, even if it means putting another person in the unwanted spotlight.

~ Books
~ Water
~ Sunset/Sunrise
~ Animals
~ Sweets

Dislikes:
~ Sour things
~ Bullies
~ Hurt animals

Fears:
~ Loud noises
~ Being grabbed suddenly
~ The dark
~ Small spaces
~ Needles

Family:
Mother~ Chizuyuki _ Age 55
Father~ Fujitaka _ Age 56
Three brothers(Oldest -> Youngest)~ Yue _ Age 20 | Izark _ Age 18 | Haku _ Age 18

History:
Strictly speaking, Hana should not be alive. After three boys, Hana's mother was warned she should not have anymore children as she had had problems when the twins Izark and Haku were born. But Chizuyuki and Fujitaka desperately wanted a baby girl. Against the doctors warnings, they tried for another baby. They prayed day and night and in August, Chizuyuki missed her monthly cycle. Hoping against all odds, she went to the doctor and almost burst into tears of happiness upon discovering she was pregnant. Throughout the pregnancy, Chizuyuki and the baby were carefully monitored and thankfully so when Chizuyuki went into labor on a cold DChristmas Eve, a good four months before her due date. It was a long and painful labor and there was a critical point where the doctors would have lost the mother and child if they had not preformed a C-section when they did. Both lived though Hana spent the first couple months of her life in the hospital on careful watch of the doctors and nurses. Because of her premature birth, Hana suffers from a weak immune system and can get sick very easily. She is also prone to ear infections and can have breathing problems if her body is worked too hard. Despite these complications, nothing stopped her from running around outside with her brothers.

The doctors had feared that Hana's growth would be stunted and her parents adopted this fear when she didn't get her teeth or much hair until she was two. As a child, Hana always looked younger than she actually was and people in the shops were very surprised to see what looked like a toddler speaking in full sentences. All in all, she was a happy and bright child who adored her older brothers. Her brothers adored her right back and didn't mind when she followed them around everywhere. Closer to her age, the twins were Hana's partners in crime where they got into all sorts of mischief. However, Yue was never far behind to get them out of trouble. With her condition, her brothers and parents did not treat her any differently. Her brothers even tried to help by telling her what the color of things were; the sky is blue, the grass is green, etc. They even made a game were they would bring her objects like apples and such and she would try to guess what color is was. Hana was never burdened by her lack of color. Instead she accepted it as a part of herself and strove to not be brought down by it.

Extra:
She loves drawing but with her condition she can not do much with it. Luckily she also loves dancing which does not require the ability to see other than in shades of gray, black, and white.

When she was born, she was diagnosed with Monochromacy which means she is only able to see in black, white, or shades of gray. She has accepted this as a part of herself and deals with it the best she can.

Last edited by a moderator:
@DANAsaur just as a quick note, the inn is in the spirit world, not the human world. It reads in her bio as though she discovered the human world and the inn in it, but they're separate. Otherwise, good!

@Wingless_Angel - I think you're headed in a good direction with Hana, but she seems in need of some real personality flaws beyond not asking for help (which can also be construed as a sort of virtue, so it's not much of a flaw on its own).

@Sasha Bliss - As long as you post in the IC thread by August 2nd, that'll be fine.

• Thank You
Reactions: Stormi
@DANAsaur just as a quick note, the inn is in the spirit world, not the human world. It reads in her bio as though she discovered the human world and the inn in it, but they're separate. Otherwise, good!.

Fixed it ^_^

• Thank You
@DANAsaur just as a quick note, the inn is in the spirit world, not the human world. It reads in her bio as though she discovered the human world and the inn in it, but they're separate. Otherwise, good!

@Wingless_Angel - I think you're headed in a good direction with Hana, but she seems in need of some real personality flaws beyond not asking for help (which can also be construed as a sort of virtue, so it's not much of a flaw on its own).

@Sasha Bliss - As long as you post in the IC thread by August 2nd, that'll be fine.
By flaws, do you mean the sort of thing like stubborness, childish, holds grudges, get jealous easily, that type of thing?

Alright, the last paragraph has her flaws. Is it enough or do I need to add more? If so, I might have to go to Google for help because I can't really think of anything else at the moment.

I'm sorry if I haven't posted yet. Depression is getting the best of me and well.. I'm not in the mood to write an IC right now. I'll try to post tomorrow. I'm sorry...

@DANAsaur that's okay! I've been there myself, so don't sweat it.

• Thank You
Reactions: DANAsaur
@daird ...

You forgot about Chirra.

Sad+cat_c89d66_3490245.jpg

So, my first post is up. Sorry if it's on the long side. If it's too long just let me know and I'll edit some things out.

@Wingless_Angel the length is fine! Good, in fact :) Just don't forget to usenovel-style dialogue (like my and Falcon's posts) and try not to use colored text since colored text doesn't work well for every theme or users who might have trouble processing them :)

@Wingless_Angel the length is fine! Good, in fact :) Just don't forget to usenovel-style dialogue (like my and Falcon's posts) and try not to use colored text since colored text doesn't work well for every theme or users who might have trouble processing them :)
Oh right, I'm sorry. I'll go fix that right now.

• Thank You
There, I think I fixed everything

• Thank You
@Wingless_Angel - I hate to ask you to change more after you just did, but would you mind left justifying your post? My eyes keeps paragraph jumping and it's making it heard to read :(
Pretty please?

*offers big puppy-dog eyes and a bowel of ice-cream*

@Wingless_Angel - I hate to ask you to change more after you just did, but would you mind left justifying your post? My eyes keeps paragraph jumping and it's making it heard to read :(
Pretty please?

*offers big puppy-dog eyes and a bowel of ice-cream*
Oh, of course ^^ I would do it without the ice cream but it's nice of you to offer me some ^^

• Thank You
Reactions: Falcon
Status
Not open for further replies.