The Snake and His Rose

Status
Not open for further replies.
Immediately, when Draco approached them, the brothers hid behind their mother's legs and looked at him curiously with widened eyes. As for Luna, she merely smiled and returned the greeting to her former classmate. "These are my sons, Lorcan and Lysander." She gestured to them and forced the brothers forwards. "Boys, this is Draco Malfoy. He's a Professor here at Hogwarts."

Lorcan seemed interested in Draco, but Lysander remained clingy to his mother. All three of them shared identical eyes, a sliverish-blue, and locks of blond hair. However, only Luna's was given a natural curl. Thankfully, the boys do not share any physical traits with their father. In fact, the only inheritance from their father can be found in their personalities. Stubbornness, mischievousness and short tempered...none of these are to be found in their mother.

Scorpius finished his meal, parting ways with a few of his friends. His first class of the day didn't begin till second period, considering he had managed to get a free period in the morning. Scorpius wandered the hallways, searching for something to keep him entertained. He happened to come across Rose, the lovely Gryffindor, as she was walking from the Great Hall. A smirk slid into place, he casually walked over and joined her side.

"Morning, Rosie~" He'd always loved her nickname, it suited her in so many ways. An adorable, fragrant, pink and red colored woman. Not to mention the freckles, a weakness of Scorpius, not publicly known.

Draco tried to not look as threatening as he knew his steely gaze could be. He looked at Lysander with what he hoped was a friendly one. "I don't bite, I promise." He said before ruffling Lorcan's hair a bit. "You two going to keep your mother company while she gets settled in?" He asked as he pulled his hand out of his pocket and two chocolate frogs still in the packaging appeared in his hand. It was a simple spell that he had done with his own son when he was younger. He may not have been the most affectionate person in recent years but kids brought out something in him.

---------------
Rosie had been scowling a bit before she heard footsteps behind her. She had anticipated it being her brother or her two cousins, not Scorpius. "Morning Scorpius, where's your entourage?" She asked, meaning the other Slytherins he normally hung around. She knew they didn't like her too much but that was because they came from Pure Blood families and saw hers as unclean. She hadn't meant the comment to be scathing but it came out a bit more sarcastic then she had originally intended. Immediately she shook her head. "Excuse my mood. The Twins are infuriating in the morning." She apologized.

Last edited by a moderator:
The offering went over wonderfully with the children. Lorcan and Lysander both hurrying to open their delicious candies with gusto. Luna smiled, happily observing her sons with exhausted eyes. "Lorcan and Lysander have a horrible addiction to sweets," she informed Draco as she turned her eyes to him. "I catch them sneaking candies into their pockets while out shopping or at restaurants, they're so mischievous."

As for herself, well, Luna isn't all that interested in candies or sweet treats. She prefers a good ol' home cooked meal, similar to what she's received while visiting the Weasley family throughout the years. Nothing was more appealing to her than Molly Weasley's five course dinners.

"The twins?" A momentary lapse of thought had Scorpius a tad confused. When it finally registered that Rose's uncle has twin sons, Scorpius smiled and nudged Rose's shoulder playfully. "It must be nice to have other family members at school with you." He wouldn't know. Draco didn't see it fit to have any more children after Scorpius was born.

The tall blond straightened himself out as he walked in Rose's presence, his height towering over her own. "Do you happen to have a free period as well, Rosie?"

Draco gave a small chuckle as he looked at the two then back up at Luna. "Most little ones do." He said, the small smirk still in place. "Scorpius was like that when he was their age, although I usually had enough of some sort of candy to keep him occupied." He took another bite of the apple and spoke around it like the horrible example he was. "Do you know where you need to go? I have a few more minutes before I get to go torture the First Years if you need any help." He said good naturedly.

-----------
Rosie could have laughed at the confusion on Scorpius' face. "It depends on when your talking about them. I know I'll never have to worry about someone messing with me when any of them are around but they drive me nuts. There's times I wish Uncle George had had a girl in the set of twins. It would atleast even it out." She said exasperated.

A frown made the bridge of her nose scruntch up a bit as she took in just how much taller the blond boy was then her.she hated being short. "Most of our year does. I was about to head outside to enjoy a bit of the quiet, would you like to join me or do you have something planned for your period already?"

Luna happily accepted Draco's offer and didn't mind his company while they walked along the hallway together, her tiny children staying closely at their mother's side. They seemed to like Draco, but wouldn't deter from their mother's presence. Luna was their everything, literally. Growing up without their father's involvement, they didn't know anything aside from life with Luna.

"Are you excited to be teaching?"

Scorpius could not share in Rose's opinion towards her family, for he had much less than her in terms of such a thing. Sure, his father and mother would occasionally get together so a family celebration, but aside from those rare situations, Scorpius truly doesn't know the warmth of a family. When Rose offered her company for their shared first period, Scorpius accepted with a brilliant smile.

"Of course," he exclaimed happily. "Why not?"

Draco walked beside Luna, being cautious not to touch her. He finished the apple as they did and tossed it in the air so it disappeared with a puff of smoke. It would end up in Sprout's compost pile. Luna's question made his step pause for a moment. "I have mixed emotions about teaching here, but excited is one of them." He said, not really wanting to gointo the others. "How about you? It had to be something to get asked to come here and your kids. Their father travels I'm guessing?" Draco asked because it seemed a silly thing for any one to have left Luna all alone, especially with two sons. The question though was asked in the same aloof tone he often had as a child.

----------

Rosie's cheeks flushed for a moment before she pulled her hair the rest of the way out of the bun to cover it. She didn't need Scorpius thinking she had feelings for him, even though she knew if she were forced truth serum, she would admit to haveing them. So she led the way towards a corridor that led out to the grounds that led to the lake. "How was your summer? Do anything fun?" She asked, thinking about her own summer.

Before Luna had the chance to answer, her children interrupted. "We have no father!" Lorcan spoke harshly, his tiny mouth weighed into a frown. As for Lysander, the younger twin just kept walking with Luna and reached for her hand nervously. To which his mother just smiled and stroked the back of his hand with her thumb. "He didn't want us," Lorcan added with a huff.

"That's not true, Lorcan." Luna protested, but it was useless.

The angered boy scoffed at her words, turning his face away and quickened his pace. He didn't stray from the group, but walked faster as to put some distance between himself and the others. He remained in Luna's sight, though.

"Our dad left before we could develop any memories of him," Lysander whispered, speaking much more eloquently than his brother.

Luna released a sigh, dropping her eyes to the ground and began watching her feet.

"Father and I went to visit a few places and then the rest of the that vacation I spent with my mother and her family," Scorpius answered with a shrug. He had enjoyed the time with both parents, but they never commingled. "Ever since mum cheated on my dad, we don't do things as a family anymore. It's always separated." Scorpius never wanted his father to know just how much the divorce had really affected him, but it was a lot. Scorpius loves both his parents, but understands that they no longer wish to be a couple. However, he'd love to see his father with someone else. After all, Astoria had already moved on.

"What about you, little Rosie?" She wasn't that different in age, but Scorpius enjoyed teasing her about the shortness she had inherited.

Draco immediately regretted what he had asked when Lorcan lost his temper. He looked down at Lysander, his grey eyes not holding pity but sympathy. "Well he was idiot for that." He said to Lysander quietly before looking back upat Luna. He wanted to comfort her but had no idea how to do that. Him and Astoria had never been a touchy couple sohis knowledge of that type of thing was fairly limited. "Im sorry that I brought it up, that was rather rude of me." he told Luna.

-------------

Rosie watched Scorpios through the corner of her eye as hespoke. She could tell that the issues between his parents bothered him. She rememebered her mother saying something about it awhile ago but had honestly forgotten about it because of how interesting Draco made the classes, if not a bit more challenging then they needed to be. And Scorpius always seemed so content most of the time.

She scowled at him when he called her little, sticking her tongue out at him for the third time. She could be just as childish as her cousins sometimes. "We mostly stayed at the Burrow while Uncle Charlie visited and Aunt Ginny. Uncle George brought the Twins over and they decided to test out some new gags." She shook her head a bit. "It was way too loud. " she loved her family but she wished sometimes that there wasn't so many of them at one time. All of them together got loud.

"It's quite alright, Draco." She knew he wished to help, but nothing was necessary. "I made peace with what happened years ago." Her children never knew their father and Luna had long since forgotten about the husband she'd known. "I'm happy with my sons and that's all that matters to me." They are her everything. Lorcan and Lysander, the greatest gifts she'd been given.

The boys walked ahead of the adults, looking curiously at everything Hogwarts had to offer. When they finally found their mother's classroom, they raced inside and took seats at the front desk. Luna smiled, watching her boys happily. "I don't mind being a single mother, but I often wonder if the boys will be developmentally damaged without the presence of a male figure in their lives."

"Sounds like you had fun," Scorpius chuckled. His voice is identical to his father's, almost, but carries his mother's airy laughter. A strange combination. He watched Rose as they walked along the hallways and he happened to glance in another direction which caused his eyes to widen. "It's that woman." The words escaped. "My father seems to have a fancy towards her." Scorpius pointed casually to Luna, the twin boys gone from sight. "Do you know anything about her?"

Draco felt a small amount of anger go through him, not at Luna or her two sons, but at their father who would leave such a sweet woman and two very livly kids, who seemed to be extremely well behaved even for her raising them herself. That was not to say he thought that she wouldn't have been able to handle it anyway, but he knew it was hard to raise a child, let alone two by yourself. He may not have had to raise Scorpius the entire time by himself, but after him and Astoria had split, he had found that he didn't know what to do with a lot of things. it had close to left him floudering but he always tried to do what was best for his son, and by how he was now, he guessed he had done alright.

When they got to her classroom, Draco shook his head a bit in amusment at the two boys. "They don't seem damaged by having you as their only parent." he said honestly. They didn't, Lysander was a bit more quiet but he figured it was only because Draco had kind of popped up out of nowhere and started talking to them both randomly. "From what I can tell you have been a wonderful mother. Any lesser witch would have ended up becoming mean and hateful." he continued, "And their children would have been the same." His words were genuine, and honestly that was the most emotion he had ever put into a conversation, except with his son, in a long time.

-------------------------------------------------
Rosie liked the sound of Scorpius' laugh but wouldn't ever let him know that. When she looked in the direction the Scorpius had pointed. She knew of Luna from her mother and father, but didn't think she had actually met the woman. "Not much honestly. Mum talks about her sometimes when they all start talking about the war or if they are just talking about their years at school here. Her dad used to run the Quibbler though and people thought she was weird. Mum always felt bad that she had thought the same thing for a couple of years, but other then that, I don't know much." she said before she remembered her dad saying something. "Oh she has two sons too, Lysander and Lorcan I think are their names. Too young to be in school here yet though."

She skipped a head a bit and turned so she was walking backwards, a habit she had gotten from the twins because it was easier to figure out which one was talking if she was looking at them. Her head cocked to the side a bit when she spoke again. "What makes you think Proffesor Malfoy has a fancy for her?"

"Thank you, Draco."

Luna happily placed a hand on his shoulder, appreciating his compassion for her situation with the boys. Lorcan and Lysander began searching through the classroom. When the elders finally walked inside, Luna found her boys reading textbooks on Charms even though the subject matter is years beyond their comprehension. She doesn't stifle their curiosity. In fact, Luna encourages them to be adventurous.

"I believe this is the hour when I should be preparing for my class," Luna acknowledged the clock ticking away above her bookcases. "It was lovely speaking with you, Draco. Perhaps we'll get the opportunity to continue another time?"

Scorpius smirked, "It's not that difficult."

He followed at Rose's side, slowing down his pace and stuffed both hands into the pockets of his robes. "There are signs. When someone likes another person, they involuntarily give off signals. Small things, stuff they wouldn't really notice. For example, my father never smiles to anyone except for maybe myself. He just isn't that type of person. Y'know, someone to show emotions so openly. Yet, I witnessed him smiling at her earlier at the welcoming ceremonies."

Scorpius shrugged, casually sliding the tip of his tongue along his suddenly dry lips. "I just think he might fancy her."

Draco have Luna a small smile, his liking the warmth of her touch before he could stop himself. He nodded a bit, before his own eyes looked at the clock himself. His first years would be squirming by now in their seat, especially with the fact that he had a couple Crubs in a cage that was covered with a black sheet in the front of his classroom. If the growls didn't get to them, he was sure that the fact he wasn't there yet would.

"Yes, and I think I should go make sure the first years haven't decided to open the cage on my desk yet. If you need someone to look after those two during a class, you are more then welcome to let them come to my class. I'm sure there's some thing, or some creature that can keep them occupied." he offered before he gave her a slight bow, more gentlymanly then anything else.

------------------------

Rosie listened, her blue eyes dancing a bit in humor as she listened. She was wondering however if she gave off any of those subtle signs that he was talking about. She blushed again though, when he licked his lips, knowing that she souldn't have found that movement slightly flirty. This blush was getting annoying. "They would make a cute couple. He's all dark and scary and she seems all sweet and nice." she mused before she started toying with a few pieces of her hair that were falling in her face. "How would you feel about that though? I mean with Miss Astoria and everything?" she asked him, curious.

"Goodbye," Luna waved him off as she walked towards her classroom. Lorcan and Lysander had each selected a book and were seated beside her desk, completely enthralled with the ancient materials. Quickly the room began to fill with overly excited students and Luna waited for everyone to take their seats before beginning the class. She welcomed the students, explaining a bit about herself and assuring that her young sons would not be burdens to the teachings of her class.

"You're the Ravenclaw that helped Harry Potter in the war, yeah?"

Luna had prepared herself for these questions to arise. "Yes, Miss. Sparks. However, I'm currently your Charm's Professor and we have a lesson to begin."

"Scary?" Scorpius chuckled, wondering how his father would react to being called such a thing. Glancing down at his companion, Scorpius saw the darkening of Rose's cheeks and smirked. He'd ready himself for a teasing comment, but Rose halted him in the delivery when she asked about his mother's view. "Well," Scorpius shuffled uncomfortably in his robes, straightening out his back and the sparks of playfulness left both eyes. "She wouldn't be pleased. Although they may not be married anymore, my mother still claims rights to my father and is very possessive."

Draco rushed to his class, his face falling to his normal teaching one, which was a mask of self assurance and a bit of a cockiness that could, and was usually mistaken for condensention. He paused before the door to his room, hearing the apprehensive murmurs of the students on the other side. He shook his head amused before he threw open the doors in a very dramatic manner and sauntered in, making the room completely quiet as he did. "Crubs, what can you tell me about them Miss Brown." he fired before he eve reached the cage that was on the desk in the front of the room.

---------------------------------------------

Rosie watched his reaction and immediatly felt bad for asking. She scowled a bit though at his comment, confusion warring with the small flash of guilt that flared in her blue eyes. "That makes no sense." she said in the typical tone of her mother's, a matter-of-factly tone that made her seema bit more condenscending then she knew she was being. She shook her head a bit before she took back the statement. "Sorry, I didn't mean it like that." she hurridly said.

Luna introduced the class to the Basics of Charms and by the end of class had assigned a few pages of light reading. Well, twenty-seven pages is considered to be light reading in her mind, anyway. Lorcan and Lysander had fallen asleep in their chairs, apparently bored by their mother's lecture. When the classroom was vacant aside from the small family, Luna gently lifted both boys into her arms and smiled warmly as their bodies instinctively snugged closer to her.

A kindly house elf appeared at the doorway, having been summoned. "Ma'am?" The polite elf stepped forward. Luna carefully lowered her children into the elf's hold and only let go once they were secure.

"Could you please take them back to our dorm and have them put in bed?"

The elf nodded, happy to carry out Luna's request.

Rose demonstrated qualities that other females at Hogwarts did not seem to have. Her logic and slightly introverted personality, endearing traits in Scorpius' eyes. He laughed in amusement as Rose dismissed Astoria's views. "I agree completely." Scorpius felt the knots of hunger dwelling inside his stomach and suggested they stop by the kitchens near Hufflepuff.

Students aren't technically allowed to indulge in the elf's cooking before meals, but being the son of a Professor had granted Scorpius some leeway. Besides, the elves adored him. At least, the females did. When they arrived, Scorpius greeted the busily cooking elves with a wide-set smile. He asked for something that Rose and himself could snack on before class. The elves nodded, producing two slices of Chocolate cake in the student's hands.

Draco's first years made his head hurt a bit. Apparently none of them ad decided to read any of their books before coming to the class, or they just didn't retain things well. Halfway through, he got frustrated and opened the cage with the Crubs, allowing the small dog like creatures out into the classrooms. They weren't attacking any of the children but a few of them did squeal when one snipped their feet.

WIth a few moments before class ended, he was surprised that Miss Brown had been the one to finally look in the book on how to entice a Crub back in the cage. The homework was an essay on Crubs and for them to be ready to repeat what Miss Brown had done the next day. He wasn't exactly the nicest teacher when his students disappointed him.

As they filed out, he sat behind his desk, murmuring a sleeping charm onto the Crubs to make them be quiet. If any of the students had [aid attention they would have realized the tamed 'puppies' were completely harmless.

---------------------------------
Rosie rolled her eyes a bit at the fact that a couple of the female elves swooned when they saw Scorpius. The chocolate cake though, was not dismissed because she readily took a bite and made a contented noise, wiggling a bit. "Yum." she said after she swallowed that bite with the fork still sticking out of her mouth. "You so don't play fair with the girls." she teased, taking another bite.

Status
Not open for further replies.