The Slender Man

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've finished my character~

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
Hello hello~ May I have the last male spot reserved? I'll have something up in the next few days

Reactions: ILovePandas
blayze.jpg

Name: Alexander "Alex" Grieves

Height: 5'7"

Weight: 132 lbs

Grade at Harvard:
Freshman

Major:
Fine Arts

Hobbies/Interests/Skills:
Painting/Drawing
Much to his own dismay, Alex rather enjoys drawing and/or painting dark imagery inspired by the creature that tormented him so many years ago.

Music
Alex enjoys most types of music, but especially loves classic rock.

Puzzles
Alex actually enjoys the challenge of solving puzzles in his free time, especially the colorful rubik's cubes, and it also helps to distract his mind from his inner problems for a short while.

Strengths:
Creativity
Alex is an artist at heart, and with that passion comes a great imagination to fuel it. Which leads him to find creative solutions to everyday and not so everyday problems.

Great Listener
Alex may not be the best talker in the world, but when a friend needs someone to just listen about things he can always lend an ear.

Artistic Eye
Alex has always had an eye for the small details, and sometimes he can notice things that others seem to miss.

Weaknesses:
Paranoia
Ever since his childhood encounters with Him, Alex suffers from extreme paranoia that constantly has him checking over his shoulder for things that seem out of the ordinary.

Anxiety
Due to Alex's paranoia he tends to have high anxiety problems that have led him to have several little nervous ticks and comfort measures.

Introvert
Alex does have some problems talking and interacting with others, but despite this he does try to power through his awkwardness.

Personality:
Quiet and open-minded Alex faces every single day head on for better or worse. He has suffered from severe bouts of social anxiety over the years as well as extreme paranoia brought on by the actions of Him in the past. Now he's just a nervous wreck of a young man with a handful of nervous habits that includes biting at his fingers and fraying the edges of his jacket's sleeves, but he constantly seeks to try to improve his rather introverted nature. He has a rather strange tendency to force himself into social situations because of his want for self betterment such as the various group projects in his classes, community held events, and on the rare occasion even a party or two. Just give him some time and eventually he'll warm up to you.

History:
Alex came from an average home filled with loving parents that had loved him since the day he was born, but ask any of his teachers he's had over the years or the parents of the kid's he had stayed the night with and they would all tell you that he was a troubled child growing up. By the age of ten his parents had enrolled him into a therapy group with about nine other kids because of the supposed "delusions" he was having. It seemed like everywhere he turned there was this tall imposing figure with no face, yet it always watching him from afar and providing fuel for the nightmarish dreams that plagued him almost every night.

As the years progressed so did the boy's anxiety and his paranoia along with the eerie feeling that he was never quite alone . . . even in his most private moments, but one day the figure just disappeared entirely. It had become as if it had never existed in the first place, like it had actually been some sort of delusion brought on by a young boy's overactive mind, but despite all of this what was done was done. He had grown into a nervous wreck of a young man who branched out with his creativity to find outlets to help solve his problems albeit they were only temporary fixes.

By the age of eighteen he had developed into a hell of an artist with most of his works featuring the same figure that had haunted his childhood, but not only that despite all the odds he became recognized for his dark enthralling works and managed to procure a partial scholarship for the Fine Arts Department at Harvard University. Now that he had been presented a once in a lifetime opportunity he did everything in his power to obtain the necessary financial aid to send himself packing for college life, and even managed to land himself a part-time job at the school's cafe to help himself open up to people again.

How You Feel About Slender Man:
To Alex, He has become a shadowy enigma that haunts the very edges of his vision. To him, He has become a muse of sorts that inspires the haunting imagery in his paintings and drawings, yet He has become a constant source of paranoia and anxiety over the years.​

Last edited:
Coming up with the history will take me a bit, but I posted the main part of it so most of that won't really change much

Also, does anyone here use Skype? If so I will make a group for us to laze about in. =P

Alright everyone, just a heads up, try to wrap up your characters by the end of the weekend. If you can't, then just let me know. =)

Alright, everyone @Cats, @darkflames13, @Shattered♦Secrets™, @Shinku, MischieviousCheshireX3, @Azzy, @Phantom, @WishfulNemo, @Justaddnutts, I know for a fact that at least 3 of you have skype so i'm going to go ahead and make a little group for us to laze about in and stay connected. Though obviously you can still continue to post here as well. =) PM me if you want to join and I'll add you to the group! If I already have your contact info then I'll add you straight away. If you don't have a Skype then pssssssh you should make one.

Last edited by a moderator:
xD I might make a Skype...will have my guy up tomorrow. I finally have a break from damn work to have enough time to write him up.

Have any room for little ol' me? (;~;)

(I shouldn't but I just can't resist.... I need to stop joining so many rps at once. I think I have a problem. ._.)

Have any room for little ol' me? (;~;)

(I shouldn't but I just can't resist.... I need to stop joining so many rps at once. I think I have a problem. ._.)
Sure! I'll add another spot! Male or female?

Tough decisions, tough decisions....

Male please. :0

I don't have a Skype :T

Working on my char now..will have him up in a few.

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
Status
Not open for further replies.