Votes: 17 22.1%
  • Beer

Votes: 13 16.9%
  • Water

Votes: 17 22.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gabriel pulled his scarf down as he entered the tavern and made straight for the bar. With a sigh, he sat down and pushed his hair back, taking a second to fix his high ponytail. Crossing his legs and leaning his head against his hand, he tapped the bar. He could be patient tonight, he was done with business. He glanced around, looking to see if anyone he knew was there, particularly one of his clients. Seeing no one, he closed his eyes and took a deep breath of relief. He tended to have audience members from the strip joint and brothel down the street follow him after his performances, but luckily, he seemed to have escaped them tonight.

Last edited by a moderator:
Julian sat at the bar, idly observing the place. Nice people, it looked like, if not a tad eccentric. She'd seen worse, though, so she didn't pay much attention. A glass of whisky would wash away any oddities, anyhow. Taking a handful of peanuts from the bowl, she sighed, looking up at a calendar on the wall. December 16th. Not a bad date, she thought, tapping her fingers the table. Time was important to her in ways she couldn't understand, but didn't mind; everyone had their obsessions, after all. She stretched her arms and knocked over a glass of whisky. Shit.

She reached for a napkin and began wiping up all the fluids on the table. Great, they're gonna kick me out, aren't they? And on a day like this. Crisp weather. Surprisingly warm for December. Victory day in India. Her mind raced on and on about various deaths and births on that date. "Excuse me, bartender, erm, if there, may I borrow a broom? I knocked something over. Terribly sorry."

"I've no need for a room," the man replied "and I definitely couldn't afford one even if I did need it. But do keep those drinks coming!" he finished with a slight chuckle. Turning his head towards the owner and Mara, his smile went suddenly from one of fulfillment and gratitude to one of anticipation and intrigue. He had overheard their conversation and clearly was interested in the possibility of getting to hear elven singing.

He turned to Zeth, flashed him a quick, thankful smile, then got up to approach the others. "Singing would be lovely!" he said with a friendly demeanor. "But perhaps the singing would be made even more pleasant by musical accompaniment? I happen to be a multi-instrumentalist myself and I would be more than happy to provide entertainment for a free drink or two."

"Sure thing." As he wiped the table down, out of the corner of his eye he saw a man wearing a scarf enter and right when he got up to take his order his attention was drawn to a girl at another table frantically scrubbing at liquid on the table. He turned to the guy "I'll be right with you in a moment."

Zeth grabbed two cloths and made his way to the girls table. "Let me get that for you Milady" He flashed one of his smiles and put the cloth over the spill on the table, and the other on the floor, stopping her from trying to clean it. "Welcome to the Sleepy tavern what can I get for a beautiful lady such as your self?" the intensity of his silver eyes seemed to only increase with each word.

Gabriel sighed when the bartender walked past him, although he wasn't surprised. Women were first priority to him, by the looks of him. He rolled his eyes and leaned back, closing his eyes and crossing his arms.

Leah ears perked at the idea of adding musical accompaniment. She continued walking towards the waiters while giving Zeth the thumbs up for approval. Leah wasn't always willing to give away freebees. However, when it benefits her and this tavern she is more than willing to make deals. After all, if she can find herself more permanent workers in the process, why not? She could always use more reliable individuals than the block heads of waiters she had hired.

Leah noticed a bit of whisky getting dangerously close to the male with his hair in a pony tail. She defiantly did not want to see his clothes become dirtied. "Excuse me.." she said as she reached over and wiped it clean before it could attack the clothing of the patron. "When you are ready just give me a hail." she said with a wink and continued onward.

~~~~

Finally! she makes it to the group. They must have been having a very intense conversation, since she was able to sneak up and lean over on her forearms, listening in.
Waiter 1: "Pssst...you see that man over there at the bar. I heard he gets paid to seduced people..."
Waiter 2: "Really? He isn't the only one. This whole place is full of people I don't want to touch. They should just end themselves now, it would be a good show."
Waiter 3: "A-And what about the old hag who runs this place.....I swear it's just as stale as she."

Leah's eyes narrowed as she spoke loudly. Her voice had a hint of a hiss to it, not only were they being lazy but gossiping as well, unacceptable. "So old hag, huh?" she reached up and grabbed the hair on the back of Waiter 1 and 3 head. Her nails digging into their flesh. "I don't tolerate such insults from my lower staff. You 2 get your damn asses out there on the floor and do your F-ing job! There are 3 people out there have have yet to serviced." Her voice slow rose, become louder as she continued on. "And you..." her eyes zoomed in on Waiter 2. "You don't like touching people, aye? Get down on your hands and knees and pick up every single little thing each of these patrons drops." Her voice held an echo to it, she pulled out a silver coin. "You will do this until you find this damn coin." she then threw the coin into the tavern and watched as it disappeared into the crowd.

"Now go and don't let me catch you slacking or it will be the end of you all." she said releasing the waiters. Leaning against the back of the bar she let out a sigh. Rubbing the sore spot that developed between her brows. "I need some tea." she spoke to herself

Julian nodded in appreciation. The workers weren't kicking her out, which in her book was a pretty good thing. "Thank you. Lovely day, isn't it? Olavo Bilac was born on this day. A poet, I think. I just remember." Not realizing what she was saying was odd, she talked some more to him about the day before catching her words.

"My apologies, sir. Anyhow, what's your name?" She smiled, although it wound up looking more like an accidental smirk. She always found it hard to smile, not because she couldn't feel happiness, oh no. She could feel happiness just fine. Displaying emotion was always a hurdle for her.

Gabriel started a little when Leah spoke to him and opened his eyes. "Oh. Ah, thank you." He nodded a little and scooted back in his seat, putting his hands in his lap. He waited for a few moments until he thought one of the staff might be free, before turning a little and gesturing that he was ready to order.

Leah's attention was grabbed by the male. Despite the little event that just happened with her waiters she was up on her feet and ready to go.

"Yes, Sir. and how may I service you today? We have a range of meals tonight. A wide range of drinks and of course we have a warm bed available. All here in this tavern. My name is Leah Dawnson, what can I get cha?" she said listing off all the items available.

"Just a vodka on ice for now." He smiled a little and tilted his head just slightly as he reached down into his bag to get his wallet. A strand of hair fell in his face and he tucked it back behind his ear. "I may end up renting a room, though. It was a busy night down the street." Gabriel made a vague gesture with his head at the door.

Leah's head tilting up in a "ah" expression. This is the individual the waiters were commenting on. It didn't really matter to her what an individuals occupation was. She was no stranger to having to go what she needed to make extra money. Her finger tips brushed the flasks under the bar in a loving way.

"We can provide you with a room. As well as your drink." She said pulling out a glass with ice and setting it out before him. She lifted up a bottle of Danza Vodka and filled the glass"Seeing as it was a rough day at work. Would you like anything extra special to drink? Perhaps one that will cause a certain....effect?" she said, hinting at this taverns specialty for uncommon drinks.

"Oh, that sounds interesting." Gabriel laughed and sipped the drink, took money out of his wallet and put it on the counter as a tip. "What sort of things can you do, I wonder? I hope I don't have to watch my drink too closely." He leaned back and put one of his hands in his pockets, smiling a little.

Julian turned to Gabriel. "I personally think that there's never too much alcohol til you die or vomit." She hiccuped a little, groaning, head on the table. "Hopefully the latter. I'm thinking of staying at this tavern until the holidays roll around, you know?" She then began mumbling about holidays and where they come from.

The man strolled back to his resting, roughed up guitar case, opened it up, and slowly pulled out the instrument that was inside. It was an old, weather worn acoustic. It seemed badly damaged; there were scratches in the laminate finish all around the sound hole, there was what seemed to be a bullet hole under the high E string, and the dark fingerboard was becoming discolored from what must have been decades of use. Still, the guitar seemed beautiful, in it's own way. The tanned spruce top seemed to glow somehow; as if it had come from an ancient, possibly magical tree.

He strolled back to where the elven woman was seated and sat on the stool next to her with the strange instrument propped up on one knee. "So how 'bout it? Do you feel like putting on a show worth remembering?" He smiled warmly.

Gabriel turned and looked at the girl who spoke, smiling a little. "Hear, hear." He laughed and sipped his drink again. "It's certainly nicer here than where I normally stay." He grinned a little and put his head in his hand, listening to her mumble with a slight smirk of amusement. "I think you might want to quit drinking soon, you'll have hell in the morning."

"Yeah, I guess. This is my last glass. I just like to drink." Her speech was almost slurred. "I jus' travel and sing songs and stuff like that. I'm not allowed to use magic. Mages won't let me ever since I made Groundhog's Day last longer. Apparently that was a 'disturbance in spacetime' and isn't allowed." She grumbled, sipping the last drop of her drink.

Leah laughed, it was a hearty yet feminine laugh all together. Her lips broke out in a toothy grin. Noticing the obviously some what tipsy female, she pulled out a clean towel and placed it close by her. Just encase there is a need for it. "Let me know if you two need anything, creating drinks is my specialty".

Moving around the bar she pulled out a small cup. Pouring in hot water and a few leaves of a unknown plant into the cup. She watched it slowly turned the water into a dark color. While taking a sip she watched the tavern and enjoyed. Maybe it's about time I update the adventures and needs board. This place is getting more packed that usual, she thought to herself.

He laughed and shook his head. "Oh well. They're probably just jealous of all the fun you're having." Gabriel sipped his drink again. "You sing? It seems that man over there is playing an instrument, you should join him." He smirked a little.

"I use a ukulele and go from there. Mostly ballads. I don't sing to preform, I sing to inform, if that makes sense. So nah, I'm sorry." She pushed her glass to the side, promising herself that she wouldn't have another. "I just got boo'd out of a town for singing about a man who becomes an alcoholic and dies. I decided irony would be the best help."

Status
Not open for further replies.