The Sleepy Tavern: Reopened for another night!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Neatly Tucked...

"They" weren't too happy having that grin aimed their way, but there wasn't much "They" could do. Being fish, and being stuck in a ball of "charmed" water. However, they couldn't help but gape and fin-flutter at the thought of more water... what they had was getting a bit stale. And yes, as Peet had stated, they were steelhead trout, which meant they were very stubborn. As Guardians of their lake, they took their "Drown the fish-eater!" as a judgment that just had to be carried out on any predator that posed any threat. Or any potential threat. Usually, they didn't have to go so far for so long to carry out their Judgments. But then, this "fish-eater" had been a very fast runner.......

As for Peet?

Claws clacked on the bar-top... "Yes, we should... eight glasses of water, please!" He flashed the two trout a raised eyebrow.

With that settled, Peet turned his attentions on Rak. Looked him up and down, forehead badge slightly a-glimmer. Then he rolled his eyes... sighed, his sigh's exhale turned into a huffing chuckle, tongue stuck slightly out from between teeth as ears twitched...

... "Oh... heh... my girlfriend has a photo that proves you've barely noticed half what I could show."

Peet turned to lift his freshly-refilled coffee mug, a slight hesitation as he fluffed up under the cloak, tail's tip a-flick, waiting for Rak to lift his pint of Black Lake Ale for a sip...

... "So, I'd imagine that tattoo on your left butt-cheek has quite a story to tell......."

Rebecca groaned. Did she really just ask that question? "What does it look like? I'm a necromancer. But..." Rebecca gestured at an empty glass, which raised a few inches off the table before settling back down gently. "I do know most of the basics, so even if nobody comes in asking for a zombie horde, my knowledge of the Art still helps."

The undead moved behind the bar, waiting for someone to place an order.

The unshadowed about-to-be-not-patron listened to Leah's words very carfully. She found the owner's disires to be very admirable and nodded dutifully when she finished. When asked for a name the woman froze. She hadn't thought of that, as trustworthy as the owner seemed she wasn't about to let her identity to be drifting around the ears of the less savory patrons. Quickly she spat out the first thing that came to her mind. "Uh, just call me Q."

Wow. Amazing, thousands of names in the world and she chooses a letter. She paused before quickly hopping off her stool and heading towards the mop and bucket. She quickly grew accustomed to the practice and had a fair portion of the murky water taken care of in a small amount of time. Q looked over at Rebecca as she worked, surprised to find her to be a necromancer. The zombie seemed annoyed by the question, which raised another in the short woman's mind: Was her state of undeath by her own volition?

As waters were brought before them, Rak began to pour them out into the bubble that made up the fishes current stay. He was attempting to ignore this creature, as he it seemed all he could talk about was his phallus. Not exactly an enjoyable topic when trying to enjoy a drink. It didn't work as the creature stayed insistent on proving that he was large. Despite it's size Rak was beginning to think it must be small for their species. The only people that built themselves up like that were really insecure.

He finished emptying the water into the bubble and was about to lift his mug as the creature asked him about a tattoo on his butt. He leaned over and looked over his shoulder at his rear. Evidently he sat in something that soaked through. Something probably from him or the fish. He grabbed a couple of napkins and began to wipe up some of the mess, but it was mostly too late. "Oh, thanks for the help. How'd you do that anyways?" He settled back down and picked up his mug to finish off his drink.

Leah arched an eyebrow at the groaning Rebecca. She could understand the female thinking that the only possible answer could be the one she provided. However, her tavern she could ask whatever the hell she so pleased.

"Ah, well Rebecca. You could have been cursed by another. Or perhaps you cursed yourself and ended up in such a stated as you are know.", Leah shrugged.

"There are many different types and sub-types of witch craft and the abilities that are possessed by individuals. For all I know you could be filled with vines or spores that are assist with bodily function. I simply felt it was polite ask, rather than assume.", she smiled and leaned in.

Leah placed a key in front of Rebecca. "Welcome new Employee, check and see if all patrons are satisfied with the liquids."

Leah grabbed a towel and walked over to where the two patron had some encounter with liquids. Though Rak had attempted to dab the liquid clean, which she appreciated. She still felt the need to clean it up. She quickly placed a clean rag in front of his mug.

"For you, it is rather uncomfortable being all wet and soggy. Well unless you're into that sort of thing.", Leah giggled at her own joke.

She continued to move, sliding down the back of bar closer to Q.

"Q, hun! Can you please sweep up the stage. Emma is itching to come out and do a little dance or something. I am not really sure, but she has asked for the staged to swept. Thanks." , she said while waving a rag in the air to get the females attention.

Last edited by a moderator:
Q was just finishing up Peet's mess when Leah called her. She looked over at him and Rak pouring water back into the bubble that had just tried to kill the creature and questioned their judgment. Had she not been entitled to respect the customer above all else she probably would have said something, probably. She traded the mop and bucket for the broom and quickly went to sweeping the stage. The raised platform wasn't all that dirty, why sweep it? Q got the feeling this Emma was a rather fussy type so she hurried her process as to avoid a interaction.

A key to the bar? Oh, Rebecca was so tempted to drink the place out of booze, but she had something called professionalism. After a quick check to make sure they weren't out of any drinks, the undead scanned the customers to see if anyone needed a refill.

Aha! Rebecca went over to one of the patrons, whose mug seemed to have been drained dry. "May I get you another, sir?"

@rechonq

Rak had just finished his drink and a few seconds after, the new undead barmaid came to refill his drink. "Thanks Rebecca. I'll take another." After she refilled his drink, he had another question for her. "So, I over heard you say you were a witch earlier. Have you ever dealt with melding magic?"

Doing Things...

Actually, the two trout posed no further danger, water or no water. With Peet's chi infusing the water globe, size... ummm, heh... didn't matter. And yes, with Rak's addition of more water, the two trout seemed content to just glare every once in a while at Peet, perhaps now resigned to their fate. Or perhaps just tuckered out. Hard to tell, given fish don't have eyelids. They could have been asleep, not glaring, and no one would be the wiser.

As for Peet?

Well, he got another chuckle out of making Rak wipe his butt in public... not quite the reaction he'd been hoping for, but it would have to do. And no, he hadn't been "building himself up"... never would have come up, this subject, if Rak hadn't "cracked his nuts", so to speak. And started the whole conversation. But the nice thing about conversation? It changes.

Peet also felt quite secure in his maleness. His faults? Well, no one is perfect. Enough said!

Ahhh, yes... conversation. Peet only had time to tap his forehead badge, before their new waitress, Rebecca, came over to refill drinks. More Black Lake Ale for Rak. A smile, a held out mug... more coffee. Though, if he kept drinking this stuff, he'd most likely need to make a run to the "little boys" room. Just like his father, too much coffee made him pee like the proverbial race horse. But it was a "risk" he was quite willing to take...

... "Melding magic can get messy..." A casual sip of fresh, hot coffee from his mug... "I prefer staying just the way my mother and father made me." During this shift in conversation, Peet relaxed, all "parts" back in place. Still a bit damp, but... well, he set mug down, slipped Rak's borrowed cloak from shoulders, and held it out to him...

... "Thanks for the loan... sorry about the scent."

Last edited:
"Melding magic?" Rebecca was intrigued. She knew of precious few sorcerers who could claim to be experts in that particular field. "I have heard of it, but I never was talented in that area. Too complex for my liking, personally. Why, is that the sort of magic you do?"

"Yeah I know." Rak took the cloak back and covered himself again. "No problem, it's smelled worse before. I'd of liked to stay that way too, but as you can see this isn't how they made me." Rak took a chug from his refilled drink.

"A not so friendly witch made me this way a while ago. I suppose it's my fault though. I used to be a knight. A famous one at that. I used to fight off all sorts of monsters and save people. Even a princess once. Everyone loved me and I took it all. I loved the fame. I was everyone's white knight or knight in shining armor. I never did think about the people I slew though. That was until I was tasked with saving a village from a witch. I eagerly accepted knowing I would receive lots of praise and rewards. I didn't hesitate until I actually saw the witch. She was beautiful, but she saw me for who I was. That's when she melded me with my armor. She even made it white to make it ironic. After that I was viewed as more of a creature than a man to be praised. Since then, I've been a lot different." He took another chug at his drink. "Well that's my sob story. I was just wondering if you were familiar with it. I've actually gotten pretty used to it and it's not that bad."

Leah smiled to herself as she continued to work the back of the bar. Cleaning several glasses and serving out drinks to others that had been in the room.

"Emma, you better have something good up your sleeves." she shouted out loud towards the stairs leading up to the rooms.

"Coming!", a preppy voice responded

"Don't go to crazy on the rewards either.", she huffed up at the stairs.

"No guarantee!", the voice sang.

nolightbox
Emma came hopping down the stairs. She practically floated down to the stage, she skipped up to the stage and stopped right at the center. Emma flipped her golden hair back and it floated down neatly onto her shoulders. She swiveled her hips and posed. Several patrons hooted and hollered at her arrival.

"Hello everyone! I am so happy to be here", she said in her best pop idol voice.
"Tonight we shall entertain each other! Lets think of a fun game that we can all play!", she giggled.
"
Hmm, how about we allow everyone and anyone display their talents! I am available for your use. However! don't be to naughty. That's my job." Emma giggled and winked.
"Oh! and I forgot to mention the winner of the talent show will get their drinks on the house! Sooo, who is first!?", she stepped up towards the edge of the stage. Bouncing lightly trying to spot someone to join.

Q fled the stage before Emma showed up. The performer was as flamboyant as she had expected, however something about the bubbly way she acted pulled at the short girl's mind. She held her gloved hand as she looked at the woman and tiny ethereal lights appeared to fly up as Emma flipped her hair before floating toward the ground, swaying with her ecstatic movements.

Then Q heard the clunking of metal outside, and the soft humming of a certain song. Suddenly the girl ran back to the bar, donned her hat, and started sweeping somewhere with her back to the door just as it opened. The one who entered was a muscular behemoth of a man coated entirely in thick full plate of a dark copper color. A massive blade, as long as a grown man is tall, was sheathed on his back with a ratty cape of animal hide over it. His helm was like a cow's scull with curved horns and pointed teeth. Needless to say the other patrons quickly moved out of his path when he made his way to the stage.

He stopped at the foot of the platform, turned his metal skull toward Emma, and raised his hand.

Show Off...

Yes, Peet could indeed "see" what had happened to Rak, though now he'd also heard the story behind what his senses told him. But then, "Emma" arrived, quite a distraction. Peet swiveled on his stool, coffee mug moved aside as he leaned back against the bar. And watched. And listened. At her use of the word "naughty", he couldn't help thinking of Kassie, damp fur fluffing, shroudruff feathers half on display... fortunately, nothing else, nothing "extra" on display. Just what he'd walked in with. Still felt a bit tender, but...

... Who is first?

Well, apparently a big, humming, copper-clad "knight" whose armor wasn't melded with his flesh. The cloaked female who'd swept the stage apparently didn't want this newest arrival to notice her... curious. Peet's alertness level went up a notch.

He took a deep breath, then let it out...

... "Well..." Ears turned back, tongue between teeth, Peet glanced over at Rak... "This should be fun......."

Leah glanced at the newcomer, her hands habitually cleaning a glass. By no means was the individual the most scary looking thing has walked into the tavern. However, the reaction from Q certainly sparked an interest. Why would the female make it a point to be hidden at this very moment. Leah placed the glass down in it's neat spot and made her way from behind the bar. She casually began to walk over to the somewhat hidden Q. She began to pick up empty glasses along the way, making her way pass the large metal man. hmmm, I wonder if he ate that?, she thought to herself.

Once she had reached Q she held an impressive 7 glasses in one hand and 9 glasses in the other. How was she able to carry all these at once? no clue. Just practice she supposed. She covered Q with her body outline, blocking her from view.

"Care to assist me with these? I could use help taking them back to the bar and some to the kitchen if you need to.", she said calmly.

Emma eyes glitter at the sight of a hand being raised. She gave a little twirl and and pointed at the owner of the hand. Her pearly whites grinning at the man despite his look.

"Yes! you Sir with the impressive weapon. Would you like to be apart of the show?", she said to the man

Her pointer finger moved from the head of the individual down to his feet as she spoke. Emma's finger had to travel a long way.

"Well, I'm a friendly witch, so you don't need to worry about that from me. I don't know much about breaking curses, though." Rebecca groaned as her shoulder creaked. "Your story reminds me somewhat of mine, though the witch who put me in this state was... me."

She gave a wry smile. "I come from the city of Kalas. Beautiful place, where the Gress River meets the desert. I had a little shop, selling trinkets and helping spirits of the dead find peace. About 6 months ago, a case of greywater fever hit the city. I volunteered to help with the medicines, but I must have caught it from one of the patients. I could feel my body starting to go, so with the last of my strength, I performed a ritual to keep my soul in my body after death. It's dark magic, though, and they chased me out of town with torches and pitchforks."

@rechonq

Rak watched with interest as this Emma so wonderfully bounced up to the stage. Her offer was quite tempting. There was ability he tought could make for a good parlor trick. He always had a desire to use that one naughtily though and she just said no to that. He could make it fun anyways. It would mean free drinks if he won. "It most certainly should." He replied to the creature.

He turned back to Rebecca as she told him her story. "Well that's unfortunate for them. Having someone such as yourself seems like it would be quite useful. Do you know a lot of dark magics?" Rak knew that just because you knew dark magic, didn't make you a bad person. He laughed a bit to himself about how he was a white knight and was probably worse than this witch will ever be.

Q looked at Leah before nodding. "Uh, yes, of course." She quickly went and put the broom away before taking 8 of the glasses, she was bewildered by how her boss could carry all 16, Leah must have worked the tavern for a long, long time. She waited until the metal beast was trudging up the steps to the side of the stage for her to swiftly head to the kitchen. Once inside Q attempted to look for a place to put dirty glasses as slowly as possible.

Meanwhile the man had taken to the stage as soon as Emma had pointed at him. He stood up straight and faced his aduience, and then

Instruments included
Came from his helm. Throughout the song the man moved little more then his hand up a bit and his head appearing to scan the other patrons. The moment the man finished singing he left the stage without a word and stood at the bar, staring at Rebecca.

• Love
Reactions: Alis_Audāx
Leah's eyes widen at the voice that came out of the metal male. Did not expect that. Once Q had made her way to the kitchen Leah slowly made her way towards the kitchen. Smiling and interacting with the patrons as the metal male sang. Once she was close enough to the kitchen she made it a point to pass right next to Rebecca.

"Eyes open Hun.", she said to Rebecca she gently nudged the female.

Leah quickly glanced to the stage as the metal man was singing. She continued into the kitchen quickly dropping off the mugs. She couldn't see were Q had hidden off to. The kitchen was rather dark. But she knew she was there.

"When you are ready, come on out.", she reached into a basket and pulled out a rag., "If you need it. Just remember if you want to be paid you do need to work.", she said as she walked back out.

Leah returned to the back of the bar. She stopped in front of Peet and placed her hands on her hips.

"Would you like a refill? or has something else tickled your fancy? We have a large range." she said calmly.

Emma's pretty mouth was slightly open in aw at the metal male. Once he was done she hopped back to the center stage.

"Wowzers! I bet none of you expected that.", she said with a smile.

"Not only is he tall and metal but it appears he had lungs of steel. And you know what they say about men who have lungs of steel." she paused for a moment and she smiled coyly.

"They make excellent swimmers, of course.", she giggled and winked.

"Thank you so much Mr. Metal Man! Now who is next?" she smiled sweetly into the crowd.

Performance...

Peet could only nod at Rak's "It most certainly should." No grin, no smile, no tongue between teeth as the "copper knight" performed his bit of impressive opera. Just deep thought. Memories. Things done. Things yet to do. The present, in the here and now. Him, nowhere near home. Friends. Family. So he pondered, and as the present performance ended, he made the decision to present his own. From the heart.......

But first...

... "I'll have what he's been having..." A wave of tail towards Rak... "I'll probably need it when I'm done."

So, with that said, not waiting for Emma's finger to point, he simply slid from stool to all fours, tak-tak-takked to the stage, stood up on twos, and with just the first two fingers on each hand, touched the spots behind each ear... withdrew a pair of Omni Bits, one from behind his left, another from behind his right. A flourish as he wove each Bit between fingers. A fweep-fweep! followed as he flicked them away. Both Bits, lit like twin Tinkerbells.......

....... and then music started to play.

During the opening movements, Peet held his pose, arms out, fingers holding their after-flick positions, ears turned back, eyes closed, muzzle turned slightly up. Very still. Poised and ready...

... yes, during the opening movements, not only music came from the Bits. Working together, they seemed to weave threads throughout the whole room, changing the light, a wash of stars across the ceiling. A sheen like fire's light washed through fur and over scales and feathers. Peet's forehead badge, a-gleam as he swept a turn in place, just as the opening movements hit the main song. Yes, swept around and down to haunches as his voice caught the words, eyes open and bright. Mane fur, body fur and feathered shroudruff ruffled, ears not just turned back... now down, as he put all his heart into what he sang. No, unlike the copper knight, he did not stay still. Sat on haunches, his body still moved. Danced with every sweep of tail over floor, every tilt and weave of body, every lift of hand and gesture, every touch to chest. Every downturn and upturn of muzzle. Eyes open. Eyes closed.

Eyes, moist.

The final, drawn out word... "Home." Voice, warm. Spirit, uplifted. Bits, slow in their decent to floor, their roll to waiting hands. Held out to "sky" as that last word ended, fade of created atmosphere to normal as his pose dropped from rise to bow.......

Reactions: Crono
Status
Not open for further replies.