1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Advanced
  4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Primarily Prefer Male
latest

The Chantry teaches us that it is the hubris of men that first brought the darkspawn into our world...

Nearly thirty years ago, the darkspawn- foul creatures from beneath the earth- revaged the southern continent of Thedas in a great Blight lead by the Archdemon Urthemiel. The Warden-Commander of Ferelden, a Grey Warden by the name of Duncan, along with the Warden Alistair, recruited the daughter of Teryn Bryce Cousland- Alessia- to combat the threat of the darkspawn. She would soon lead the Grey Wardens upon the deaths of King Cailan Theirin and Duncan, eventually avenging them after betrayal by Loghain Mac Tir, who was executed by Alistair- who, in reality, was the bastard son of Cailan's father Maric- before being named King of Ferelden. Eventually Alistair and the Hero of Ferelden married, Thedas began to move on.

And, as it had happened before, the people of Thedas forgot about the power of the Blight and failed to ignore the warnings of the Grey Wardens as the latter became forgotten.

Now, thirty years have passed.

Forgotten and receeding, the great nations of Thedas realize too late that the Grey Wardens have dissappeared, causing the Empire of Orlais to go so far and proclaim that the ancient order is dead. In time, only Nevarra, Ferelden, and the Qunari openly believe that Grey Wardens remain. As such, Queen Alexandria of Ferelden announces that a small party of volunteers to cross from Ferelden into Orlais, the Free Marches, and Nevarra before approaching the fortress of Weisshaupt in the Anderfels, the ancient headquarters of the Grey Wardens.

However, as then party leaves for Orlais, it is discovered that one Grey Warden lives among the Dalish in the Brecilian Forest. Heading south, the fate of this small party and this unknown Grey Warden will determine the fate of all Thedas...

Some remarks:

First off, thank you for your interest! This RP takes place in an AU where the events of Inquisition don't occur. Otherwise, the original concept this is based on was originally crafted by myself and @Bears. All characters in the RP will have the oppotunity to undergo the Joining and become Grey Wardens, or to just be awesome in general. Some characters, such as Fergus Theirin will available to be taken by players.

I will be seeking a co-GM versed in Dragon Age lore, although all applicants will can accepted regardless of their prior knowledge of the series. I anticipate this RP will be Intermediate/Adept as I will be expecting a good paragraph per post in the main story. There will be a Discord OOC in addition to the one on Iwaku. Please shoot me a PM or leave a comment if you have any questions or concerns!

@Kitti @Shizuochan @SolemnOath

Last edited:
  • Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Kitti
I'm trying to figure out why I was tagged, but like.... I love Dragon Age so its not like I'm complaining~

Reactions: AceSorcerer
I'm trying to figure out why I was tagged, but like.... I love Dragon Age so its not like I'm complaining~
You and I were in one together a long time ago, so I figured you might be interested. XD

I'm probably interested. I'll scrape some rust off and pretend I don't owe posts already :D

I'm probably interested. I'll scrape some rust off and pretend I don't owe posts already :D
Welcome aboard! It'll be great to RP with you again after so long.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Kitti
Same boat as Kitti. I'll probably be around when the OOC/IC pops up.

Same boat as Kitti. I'll probably be around when the OOC/IC pops up.
Happy to have you onboard- I'll likely have the OOC ready by the end of the week.

hey are you still looking for more people? i think this could be lots of fun with a good group :)

hey are you still looking for more people? i think this could be lots of fun with a good group :)
You're welcome to join! We'll likely keep this group fairly small.

n i c e

I'm overextending, but I've never done a good DA rp.

Mmm, I'll toss my hat in and see what this is like OOC/IC wise. I've always wanted to rp DA.