The Sight

WickedWitch

Not sure what I'm doing, but I'm doing something.
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Look for groups
  2. Looking for partners
Posting Speed
  1. Slow As Molasses
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Primarily Prefer Male
  3. No Preferences
Genres
Romance, Supernatural, Horror, and Thriller.
30087.jpg
The Sight, a phenomenal gifted to select groups of people, the ones now called vampires, werewolves, witches, and the many other creatures that roam this earth. The main part of the twisted supernatural world, the power to see past the shadows covering the earths true horrors. People who see past it are called the Sighted, and people who can’t see past it are called the Unsighted. A gift to some, a curse to others.

~

A cool breeze brushes against Coopers exposed arms, providing a much needed coolness. It's a great difference from the overly warmness of his cottage to the cool -bordering on cold- air the fall season brought. While he wasn't a fan of the festivities that happened in Warlington during fall, he could still very much appreciate the beautifully vibrant oranges and yellows that covered most of the town.

"Master! Master!"

An annoying voice screeches, his somewhat relaxing moment is ruined. Slightly to his right he can make out the tiny figure of a newly formed spirit. Their appearance loosely reminds Cooper of a mushroom, with their bright red hair poofed up into a round ball and a white dress loosely flowing down their figure. It was pretty surprising when he had reached down to grab what he thought was a mushroom, only for a meek little spirit to pop out. And for some reason, since then they've decided to make him their master. Most spirits tended to stick with the group they formed with, but this one seemed to be a little slow on the uptake.

"Is there a reason you're ruining this perfectly peaceful morning?"

Cooper says his voice still gruff from sleep, his eyes never straying from watching as the light green liquid in his cup creates little worm pools. His pale lips pursue as the little spirit knocks into the cup in its hurried rush to get to him, the now lukewarm liquid splashing onto his hands.

"Sorry!"

It squeaks sheepishly, their milky skin turning a bright red. If the thing wasn't such a pest, he'd think it was cute.

"Nevermind.."

He mutters, more to himself really, but the abashed smile the spirit gives him tells him it heard. Using the edge of the blanket propped beside him, he smears the liquid into his hand. The liquid spreads and leaves a sticky residue in its place .

"But I have news from the town!"

It squeals cheerfully, it's tiny legs dancing on the windowsill in excitement. Cooper only quirks a disinterested eyebrow, his way of saying 'continue'.

"Someone's moving into town!"

Last edited:
Oliver spent most of the past few hours staring out a window denying reality. It was really happening, he was moving back home. When he left years before he thought that was it, he was done he was free, never had to go back. But as life would have it, that's no how things always work. His grandpa died suddenly, leaving his grandma alone which was fine at first. But it soon become apparent that she was running out of time himself. Oliver didn't have the money to send her to a nursing home, not that she would've gone to one anyway. And his parents were not even nothing to respond to his emails, so nothing new there. That left him only two choices, be a massive prick and let his grandma die alone or buck up and move back to take care of her. He didn't hate his grandma, quite the opposite in fact he loved her. It was just the town and everything it represented he hated. His parents practically dumped him off there and left to live the high life child free. Safe to say he grew up being a bit resentful of the town and the cards he was dealt. But despite all that he loved his grandma, she raised him, the least he could do is move back in for awhile and take care of her. He kept reminding himself it wasn't like he would be in the town forever, once his grandma passed the first thing he was doing was putting the house up for sale and getting out again. A voice caught his attention, the driver telling him they arrived. All of his clothes, knickknacks, etc he had sent ahead of him using a moving company. Oliver didn't own alot but it was enough that he couldn't just shove all of it in a taxi. "Um, thanks for the ride sir," he fumbled with his wallet for a second before getting the other his fare and tip. Once that was settle he headed to the back grabbing the suitcase with all the stuff he'd been using before coming down. Even though it had been awhile since he'd been here he still knew all the roads and such by heart, it was like nothing changed. With a quiet sigh he headed up the path to the front door of his childhood home, taking out the key he kept in a box since he moved and opened the door. "Gram? It's me Oli," he called out knowing she was hard of hearing.

The spirit -who nagged Cooper into giving it the name, Madarch- had very helpfully provided enough information for him to catch a grasp of what exactly was going on in town. Cooper watches as the creature pounces off the ledge of his windowsill and scurry away somewhere inside of his cabin, claiming it was looking for something.

Normally he liked keeping any other supernatural creatures away from his cabin, as most of them didn't pride themselves in spending their time in the company of a hybrid. But this spirit was harmless, and if it did suddenly become troublesome it wouldn't be too much work to get rid of it. Cooper is nudged out of his slightly distasteful thoughts by his furry companion, Puss, as it rubs its head against his arms. Littering its black and white fur across his worn out sweater, his lips quirk into a small smile as he rubs his large hands across the cats small figure. Puss almost falls over into his hand through its mist of pleasured purrs.

"Easy there.."

Cooper rumbles, the amusement going unnoticed by the furry companion.

"I'm back!"

Madarch exclaims, breaking the peaceful moment of silence. Puss who's obviously displeased at the interruption hisses at the spirit before prowling back into the safety of Coopers bedroom.

"A feisty little thing aren't you.."

The spirit grumbles, throwing the fleeting creature a slightly peeved look. Being held up by Madarch is a sharpie, Cooper furrows his brow in concern, reaching down to pull away the marker. The spirit doesn't let go like he thinks it will, instead clings it's tiny arms around it tightly with a small squeak, after he roughly shakes it off. The mushroom shaped spirit gives him a very irked glare as it dust itself off,

"That was absolutely unnecessary."

Madarch grumbles, patting away the dust clinging to its dress.

"Hmmm, your welcome."

Cooper grouses, displeased at the fact that he wasn't thanked for being so generously helpful. Spirits and humans were such fussy creatures, he muses as he listens to Madarch perorate about his manners, or precisely the lack thereof.

Oliver yawned as he shut the door, locking the door before heading into the kitchen. The house was...literally the exact same as it was the day he left. Not a single thing changed, the pictures were a bit dusty from being in the same place so long. It made him smile a little but also feel guilty. He just left them and went to the city, not thinking about how they would do without them. "Oli?" a voice called out from upstairs drawing him back to reality. "Down her Gram, I'm heading up," he set his bags down and hurried up the stairs. Knowing his grandma would try and walk down the stairs if he wasn't quick enough. Luckily she listened and when he entered her room she was sitting by the window crocheting something. When she saw him she smiled waving him over, he walked over and gave him a hug. One thing about his grandma he always loved, no matter how long he was gone she greeted him as if she just saw him the day before. "Hm...you're too skinny," she poked his side lovingly making him laugh. "Hah yeah I know...city food isn't nearly as filling as yours," he did miss her cooking, she was always cooking the best food. They sat there for a while just catching up, his grandma showing him all the things she knitted, quilted, etc. "Can you pick up some food from the market hun? I'm afraid I don't have much here," Oliver knew there was some local that dropped off food for her once a week. But that was only for one person, making sense since she lived alone. "Oh yeah sure, list on the fridge?" and her smiled he laughed and headed down grabbing the list off the fridge. For all his time here that list was always right there on the fridge, never changed. Making sure he had the list, his phone and keys, he headed out locking the door. The market wasn't too far so he decided to walk.

"What are you doing with that?"

Cooper questions, as he watches Madarch scribble a foreign symbol into the glass. The spirit is concentrated, and the tip it's tongue sticks out from its lips. It doesn't reply, just continues drawing into his window. He should probably feel at least some displeasure that the markings will most definitely ruin the window, but he can't bring himself to. The sweet smell of soil clouds his nose, and puts his mind in a weird haze of comfort.

"There!"

Madarch exclaims, stepping back to admire it's work. Even now that Cooper has a good look at it, he can't tell what it is. The scribbles generally resemble the figure of an owl interwined with the shape of a tree.

"What is it?"

"I would feel insulted, but I remembered you're just the brawn."

Coopers eyes slit into a glare, the insult not flying over his head as the spirit had hoped. Madarch only giggles mirthfully

"I'm just kidding, stop being such a curmudgeonly. Anymore, this masterpiece is a Sight Seal. And it only can be used once ."

His brows crumple up in confusion, he honestly has no use for a Sight Seal. He could get by with just himself quite well,

"Why do I need this?"

"Well it's hibernation time, and I won't be around much to look after you -"

"You don't look after me."

"So I'm leaving this, so if you're ever in dire need of my humble presence or very great assistance .You can call me!"

Madarch quickly finishes, giving him stern look for interrupting it. Cooper wants to say that he doesn't actually ever need it's assistance. But the spirit looks genuine and he doesn't want to burst it's little bubble .So he just nods, grumbling a thanks before turning away to look at the forest.

Last edited:
Oliver looked around as he walked down the road. The town was pretty spread out, most houses surrounded by lots of trees. Which was something he missed actually, the city didn't have many trees...or any at all. A plant he bought to sit on his desk was as green as it got. Eventually he made it to the market, noticing there wasn't many people out. Which was also not very surprising, this town wasn't exactly thriving with activity. It was the polar opposite of the city he had gotten used to the past years. With a small sigh he entered the market, immediately feeling eyes on him as he grabbed a basket and started on the list. Not many people moved in or left this town so when he left everyone knew. So no doubt the fact he was back would spread like wildfire, the thought made him groan internally. Ignoring the eyes on him he hurried to grab everything on his grandma's list, going to the checkout. "Havent seen you visit for some time," Oliver had been really hoping to avoid talking but looks like it wouldn't be the case. "Ah hah yeah...I've actually decided to move back in for awhile," the other's surprised face made him feel even more uncomfortable, "Thank you have a good day." He hurried to grab his bags after he paid, leaving the market fast. Oliver was already exhausted and he had barely been in the town. The walk back to his house was quiet and uneventful, his arms were a bit tired from carrying the bags but it wasn't bad. Back at the house he fumbled a bit to unlock the door without dropping everything.

Madarch runs off after a while, leaving Cooper to enjoy his own company. It's quiet, most of the spirits have gone into hibernation and the fae people usually stayed in their hives until spring. Even though it was looking like this fall was going to be a peaceful and relatively quiet one, there was something that had him feeling perturbed. Like the second he starts relaxing, something would go wrong. Which is why, he ultimately decides that a patrol around the forest wouldn't hurt.

Cooper shrugs on his black overcoat, and stomps out the cabin. The wooden door squeaks and wails as it closes, and his face grimaces at the sound. He probably needed to get a new one, how long has it even been since he's changed it? He muses, before he starts his path around the forest.

The walk is very uneventful, the only creature he runs into is a wolf. It's surprising, as most animals and supernatural creatures have all gone off into hibernation. But this wolf doesn't seem to have noticed the change in air or the sudden lack of colors other then orange, brown, and yellow. It doesn't do anything to him, just laps at the small pond before trotting off into the forest. Cooper stares after it for a moment, it's behavior slightly peculiar. But he doesn't think much of it, just continues on his way.

When he reaches the end of his patrol, he finds himself walking out into the outskirts of the forest. The town is there to greet him only a few feet away, and he frowns at the odious halloween decorations. Cooper doesn't immediately retreat, just slightly leans back onto his heels and watches as the few apathetic townspeople shuffle about their day.

Oliver was quick to put everything away in its place. Despite how long he had been away he still knew exactly where everything went. The only new addiction to the kitchen was the space dedicated to his grandma's medicine, which made him a little sad to look at. Her doctor had sent him a detailed list all about her medicines but he was still supposed to head over to his clinic to talk it over with him and make sure he understood it all. Once everything was in place he headed back up the stairs, poking his head in his grandma's room. "Hey Gram? I'm going to head for a walk around the area but I'll be back to make dinner," she nodded a bit quietly and he took that as an OK before heading downstairs. Her doctor told Oliver that she would have times where she was just quieter and wanted to be alone. So he knew to look out for that, coincidentally this turned out to be a perfect time to walk. Heading back downstairs he sighed a bit breathlessly, not realizing how much up and down stairs he had been doing. Going to the door he took his small backpack, phone, keys and headphones before heading out again. One of his favorite things to do when he lived here was go into the woods. Even though he was warned many many MANY times that he shouldn't wander the woods he still ended up doing so. The woods was peaceful and the main thing he missed about living here. Locking the door he put the keys away before putting in his headphones and starting to walk. This was a perfect way to avoid anyone that would be coming by eventually to ask about him being back. He didn't like people, especially the ones he used to go to school with, so he planned to avoid them for as long as possible. His feet walked automatically down the road, looking for a little hidden dirt path.

Cooper doesn't know what exactly happened for him to be this relaxed especially so near the humans and the town, but he finds himself jolting his eyes open -he didn't even remember when they closed - as a slightly burning sensation buzzes in the back of his head. An annoyed growl slips through his parted lips, as he carefully lifts his weight off the tree. He spins around and stomps back into the shade of the trees, he'd been hoping that the troublesome humans would stay out of the forest for at least a little while.

Bad rumors always seemed to surface about him whenever he intervened, but his job was to look after the forest and they always seemed so enthralled by the mysterious things that couldn't quite explain. So Cooper had to interact with them, the humans never liked that. But he couldn't really care much, but it seemed the worse the rumors about him the more people that showed up. He didn't know how to win with them.

He grumbles a curse underneath his breath as he shoves his hands into the pockets of his coat, twiddling with the small charm in his pocket. The walk helped to calm the grumpy mood that had arose with the human that had entered the forest, their not too far from Cooper. So he slows his pace, it would be easier to lead them out without having to show his face.

Oliver kept walking, not even noticing cooper's gaze on him. One of the things he lacked was probably awareness. When he got lost in thought the outside world just kind of disappeared for him. Which could be a blessing and a curse. Mostly a curse to be honest especially when he lived in the city, busy streets were not his friend. As the woods got thicker he continued, unfazed by the woods. He used to go here all the time so he wasn't bothered by the noises or animals. Reaching a point where there was a small clearing and a rock he headed over to the rock and sat down. Shrugging off his backpack he pulled out a sketchbook, keeping his headphones in as he started sketching.

(sorry it's short I started writing it but then my sister called. Also a bit hard for me to write long posts without another character for mine to talk to)

Last edited:
Cooper watches the smaller human cautiously, his lips slightly quirking downwards into a frown. They, thankfully, do not smell like they have ill intent. So there's no reason for him to chase- no guide them out. But their lack of awareness is troublesome, while he wasn't fond of humans. He didn't want to leave the defenseless creature alone with a forest filled with awakening demons and trickster spirits. Cooper grumbles a small curse to himself, scanning the clearing for any threats that could be hiding. He lets out a satisfied huff when he spots nothing, settling down behind a tree. Deciding that he won't be creepy and just stare the poor creature down until it leaves but he also just won't outright leave. Not yet, anyway.

He positions himself just where he won't be visible but also where he can hear every little movement. The very sleepy aura that surrounds the season has taken quite a toll on him, as he finds his eyes slowly drifting close. Cooper slumps into the tree with a rumble of a sigh, his body relaxing but not too much so that he's still slightly alert. It's nice, Cooper considered. Distantly he can hear the soft rustling of the trees. This weather, though associated with more than a handful of bad memories, still held a fond place in his heart.

(It's okay, no problem at all! It's fine too, I don't care how long the posts are!)

Last edited:
Oliver was happy to be back in this clearing. Despite not liking most of the town he enjoyed the forest. It was quiet, peaceful and most importantly empty. There were many forest animals of course but there usually weren't other humans. If you asked him why that was he couldn't give you an answer. Maybe the woods were boring to some people, maybe they were scary, didn't matter to him. All he knew was it was quiet so he didn't want to jinx it. As time passed by he gradually sketched a page in his journal. It had been awhile since he drew anything involving trees or the forest. It was places like this that made him regret living in the city. The city was nice but had alot of cons, it wasn't as great as he imagined as a kid. There were endless people, smelt terrible in the summer, it was loud, very little greenery, just unpleasant. He didn't plan to return there after his grandma passed. As for where he planned to go he didn't know...probably somewhere else where it was really wooded. He looked up when he saw movement, pulling out one earbud. Looking around he spotted a bunny and smiled. "Oh...hi there, I'm talking to a bunny," he suddenly had that realization but shrugged,"Well not like anyone's around to hear. Plus everyone in this town is crazy anyways."

Cooper finds that the rustling of trees and the distant sound of Oliver sketching into his book has a surprisingly relaxing reaction for him. He's back is slightly sore from the way he's positioned, very comfortable. The exhaustion settling in his bones worries him, it had been centuries since he'd last went into hibernation. Probably the reason for the tiring ache he felt every time he did things he'd been doing for years. His ears perk up when he hears the voice of the human,

"Oh...hi there, I'm talking to a bunny,"

Cooper rolls his eyes, humans were such strange creatures. And he didn't see how the others were enthralled by them. They'd snap at even the slightest amount of pressure.

"Well not like anyone's around to hear. Plus everyone in this town is crazy anyways."

The last part is true, almost everyone in that town stank of something horrid and not right. Some of them even smelt a bit like a demon, but it smelt more like it ran in their blood. Sometimes it set Cooper off, demons were dangerous and inhumane creatures that fed off the suffering of others. Nothing about them was good.

Oliver quietly managed to turn to a fresh page in his sketchbook. The bunny was being pretty relaxed so he wanted to see if he could draw it. It didn't seem to mind, well at least from what he could tell. "I would offer you food but I don't really have anything on me," he apologized to the bunny as he continued sketching it. It was an adorably small little brown bunny and was cooperating well as he tried to draw it. "I always wanted to get a pet but like I said, this town is insane," he rolled his eyes, finding it fun ranting to a bunny,"This kid I grew up with, Sam, I'm convinced he was killing cats. They'd go into his yard and then poof gone as if they never existed. And one night I saw him throwing away a cat collar." Oliver hated that guy, something about him had always just been...off. Considering how close he lived to him he didn't want to risk getting a pet and having it murdered by the psycho down the street. "Word of warning bunny, see a human just run," he smiled as he continued the sketch,"I mean technically you're not running from me so tad hypocritical. But in most situations just avoid humans, 90 percent of them are insane or stupid." He doubted many people came into the woods, it was 'boring' to most. Which was good for his sake and the little bunny's.

Cooper finds himself listening with slight interest as the human speaks, their voice isn't as aggravating as the other people in the town. But still annoying, just a little less. But that was probably only because the human's scent was still human. It's as Oliver starts speaking about this 'Sam' human, that his interest peaks. By the end, Cooper had already come to the conclusion that this Sam was not human. Probably some vampire or maybe a hungry demon, they did seem to enjoy the taste of cats. Probably not as much as humans, but cats were definitely second.

Oliver continues talking but Cooper doesn't pay much attention, though his ears perk up when distantly he hears a small snap. There's no distinctive scents, but there's a sudden weariness. So whatever's out there might not be too close, and not as dangerous. He carefully pushes to his feet, hoping that it's just a wandering wilderness creature.

Oliver is happy as his sketching was coming together really well. The bunny was a perfect subject to draw, having stayed in the same spot pretty much for a few minutes. It was rare for him to find any animal that would sit still for that long. Usually he would take a picture of an animal and then draw it later. "Feel like I owe you something for being such a chill bunny," he was mostly done with the drawing. So he dated it for now before working on the background a bit more. The twig snapping went completely unknown to Oliver as the other still had one headphone it. He wasn't the most self aware person admittedly, so stuff easily went past him without him noticing. Seeing as he was mostly done with the drawing he started to pack it away into his little backpack. He could add to the background later since it was just forest and grass, he didn't need to see the specific spot to draw it. But even after he packed away the sketchbook he didn't feel like leaving yet, he wanted to just hide in the woods a little longer. "It's only a matter of time before people start coming over to the house and pestering me," he groaned, "Town like this everyone knows everything so it's no secret that I'm back and they'll all want to come over and annoy me." He knew for a fact most would be smug about him coming back.

Cooper has to carefully sneak through the trees, because obviously if he got caught. His odd hiding would be written up as creepy, and honestly he does not need any more bad rumors about him in this town. He stops in his tracks when a pair of brown eyes stares back at him, his eyes travel down the creatures body. It's chocolate fur and pretty big build is gut wrenching, because while he recognized the wolf from earlier today. It was even odder to see it out, and the milky brown emptiness of its eyes where earry.

"Why the fuck are you following me?"

He hisses out, it's not as venomous or threatening as he had wanted. As the wolf only flickers an ear, and just continues staring. Cooper, even though he'd been here for centuries, still found the ways and creatures of Warlington a bit strange. The wolf -after stiff moments of staring - deems him a bore on it's eyes. And turns the attention to the boy propped in the clearing, a growl immediately reverberating out of Coopers throat.

"Don't try anything stupid."

Last edited:
Oliver was still watching the bunny but suddenly it stood up with its ears perked. "Hm? What's up little guy?" he furrowed his brow before watching the bunny turn around and take off. Confused he stood up, getting off the rock he had all his stuff placed on it and went to see what upset the bunny. "What spooked him..."he mumbled as he walked around the clearing, trying to see what could have scared it. He knew it wasn't him, the bunny had been completely fine with his presence the whole time while drawing. Maybe it was a predator nearby? But he didn't see anything, unaware there was a wolf watching him. When he didn't see anything nearby he sighed, kind of sad that the bunny was gone. "Well whatever spooked the little guy I don't see...i hope it got away alright," he glanced around the clearing as he started heading back towards the rock.

(sorry it's short had a migraine the past few days)

The wolf decides to ignore his threatening tone, and turns it's complete attention to the human who seems to have heard them. It's tail flicks lazily behind his form, and Cooper slowly inches closer. Crouching to get closer to the creatures height, and to hide his bulky form behind the overgrown bushes. The black overcoat helps to hide his form, and with the lowering sun it made it nearly impossible to make him out through the trees shade.

Cooper carefully reaches a hand out when he's close enough, breaking the wolf from its trance. It cautiously sniffs at his hand before it must feel reassured, as a wet snout is being shoved into the center of his palm. And a wet tongue laps softly at the small dip that has formed in his form. His lips quirk slightly, and with his free hand he rubs it through the wolves fur that's surprisingly really soft.

"Good boy.."

Oliver frowned a little when he thought he heard something, looking around to find the source but he saw he was alone. Or so he thought... Shrugging it off he pick up his bag and slung it over his shoulder starting to leave the clearing. The smaller boy hummed a little as he walked, not concerned with getting back home quickly. His grandma wasn't going to be leaving her bedroom very much so he was fine to take his time getting back. He walked out of the clearing and towards the way out without even realizing that a wolf had been looking at him at all.