OPEN SIGNUPS The Seven Dreaded: Nine Realms (OOC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Beowulf
Hey I just did math and the youngest age possible for us is 22 so I had to update my character sheet. Did you want to be just barely 9older than the youngest or...? O.o

I wanted him to be one of the younger siblings because I find it somewhat funny when the younger siblings are much taller then the older. @SweetPrince

I was actually thinking of making it a sister/brother tribe, lol. And I haven't really thought of a background yet, which is why it's WIP. @Chris_Reaper

Oh alright.... This means My character was a newborn when all this shit went down xD

And so, young Jeraul was born into the royal family. However, two weeks later he was no longer a part of the family and had been secreted away in a caravan of merchants so as not to be murdered by his uncle.

@Beowulf- Yea ok...good bio. Perhaps since The Blight and The Wrath work so closely together, Buras and Jericho could be good friends, all the while unaware that they were actually brothers.

@SweetPrince- The ages aren't really all that critical...I could always say that the events happened more than twenty years prior, while still keeping to the general time frame. But yea it's totally cool to have your character been a newborn when the shit hit the fan, lol.

I left it pretty vague, so it could be whatever. Maybe they just know about each other, they were both in the Trial after all, and their clans work together.

I left it pretty vague, so it could be whatever. Maybe they just know about each other, they were both in the Trial after all, and their clans work together.
Yea that could work too...

@Beowulf- Yea ok...good bio. Perhaps since The Blight and The Wrath work so closely together, Buras and Jericho could be good friends, all the while unaware that they were actually brothers.

@SweetPrince- The ages aren't really all that critical...I could always say that the events happened more than twenty years prior, while still keeping to the general time frame. But yea it's totally cool to have your character been a newborn when the shit hit the fan, lol.
Well like... I'm going off your character's backstory for when they were dispersed

@Beowulf
Like for instance, you can't be 22, and have your character be 2 when Tragedis came into power, or else Reaper's character can't currently be 31. I know it's not that important if the ages are never really referenced but like if there's ever going to be any history brought up it could cause awkwardness.

@Beowulf
Like for instance, you can't be 22, and have your character be 2 when Tragedis came into power, or else Reaper's character can't currently be 31. I know it's not that important if the ages are never really referenced but like if there's ever going to be any history brought up it could cause awkwardness.

Ok for reference and continuity's sake I will make the passage of time be exactly 22 years since Tragedis took over...hope that works for everyone.

EDIT: just saw everyone's postings. I'll have to do some looks again at the history, etc, to come up with a proper age, but it may not seem proper to keep him as is at this point.

Name: Edric
Height: 6'
Physical Appearance: (Description or pic)
Edric has medium length brown hair parted slightly to the right. His eyebrows are strong, and sit fairly low over his small brown eyes. He has a small, round nose over average, slightly puckered lips.

He wears thick, worn, knee- length leather boots over basic natural colored pants. He wears a long-sleeved gray shirt underneath a chain vest, which is covered by a hooded, sleeveless, blue-gray surcoat that reaches his knees. On his hands are thick brown swordsman's gloves. On his right wrist is a leather vambrace, and on his left is a plated bazuband. A gorget is over his hooded surcoat, and around his shoulders is usually wrapped a faded prussian blue colored cloak. He wears a thick leather swordbelt, as well as an average leather belt at his waist.

Tribe: Temple of Purity

Weapon(s): A simple wide dagger [more of a tool] on his right hip and a rather broad longsword on his left hip.

Special Abilities/Powers:
He is quite an adept swordsman. He also channels his magics through his enchanted sword- being from a small temple of water magi. This has taught him some very basic healing magics (not closing wounds, but clearing infection, and helping the wounds stay clean and slightly quicken the healing process), as well as a more advanced form of ice magic.

He is able to create flash-frozen water, however it requires great concentration. In combat he is able to wield it through his blade- in a manner which he uses his blade to channel the energies, and release them in swings from his blade. For instance- like a 'cone' attack, where ice crystals form near-instant spikes up from the ground to impale or hold his enemies. This is not a skill that comes easily, and it happens to take quite a bit of strain on him. If he's not able to eat a high amount of calories or take a long rest after using these abilities more than a few times a day- he could get quite sick.

He can freeze existing water, and matter containing fluids, though depending on the volume can be quite a slow, and useless 'ability'...

Bio:
Edric was adopted by minor land-owning nobles in a smaller rural country toward the north after the ordeal with Tragedis. However, that area was sacked in a conflict, and his adoptive parents were slain or otherwise taken, or lost within the first year of his adoption. He was found by a few monks from the Temple of Purity that came through the area later, assisting some of the wounded if able, and helping rebuild infrastructure in the town. Apparently he had been well hidden, but the monk who found him has since perished, so tales don't recall where he was hidden. Since Edric was still rather young, and not able to comprehend his situation at such a young age, the temple of purity adopted him and raised him in their clergy- to be taught as a monk. However- he would show that he was not as fit as a 'pious priest' as he was more of a 'warrior monk'.

The temple is a group of some strange, but powerful folks. Their dogma was about helping and philanthropy, and most of their people pray to the water elemental spirits- believing water to be a bringer of life. They pray to the celestials of all that is 'right' and 'pure'. However despite all their efforts to heal, aid, and bring life, they also have a small militant faction within the temple. 'Purity' is in the eye of the beholder, and that beholder is at the top of the temple's hierarchy. This hierarchy often is in line with local government, and provide their assistance to the people, as well as provide a sort of rather expensive law enforcement service. This militant faction isn't as well known as it sounds, however.

They are generally seen as the ones who are not as gifted in magical use. This is not entirely true however, as some are quite gifted- however in a more 'offensive' or 'violent' means. Some call them 'brothers of the frosted blade', 'frosted blades', or 'templars'.... others just call them the temple's dropouts. Everyone, however, dislikes or does not trust them for one reason or another. Since Edric had a bit larger stature, and didn't seem to grasp many of the healing techniques he was taught, they began training him with the sword at a young age. He obviously didn't mind, as he enjoyed the 'sport' of it, and seemed to pick it up just fine, despite showing a disdain of apothecary and other healing means. What young boy 'doesn't' often dream of being a soldier?

After training for most of his life, and living a rather 'boring' routine of guarding temples, he was getting itchy for something more. Constantly pleading with the monks to send him out into the world- they finally acquiesced when he was in his early twenties. He was to guard a monk- Brother Algus- on his pilgrimage to the southern lands. Brother Algus was a spritely old man who never seemed to run out of energy. This suited Edric just fine- as it kept his journeys alive. The old monk was an interesting fellow, but a pacifist, and didn't look highly upon Edric, and dealt with him in a mild sense of neglect.

After almost a year on the road, he finally failed his charge, and Brother Algus, his apprentice, the wagoner, and a caravan guard was slain by a group of highwaymen. Edric barely survived, and was able to stumble, limp, and crawl his way to a 'nearby' town. After several days in recovery, he awoke in the unfamiliar town's infirmary.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Spectre- Good profile, your character is accepted...and your age should be fine, I wouldn't worry to much about it.

So by my count we have five of the seven accounted for...

Just thought I'd post this as a fun tidbit...I was listening to this track while plotting out the story line for this RP. I encourage you to take a listen, but be warned, afterward you might feel like you can take down an alien invasion by yourself armed with only a spork...God knows I did, lol. The song is just THAT epic.

Just a heads up peeps...I added all the names of the Nine Lords Of The Abyss in the first post for reference.

Hopefully This turns out ok but I can revise whatever does not fit afterwards

Name: Trista
Height: 4'7"
Physical Appearance:
408e600d63f80d57cc0163977a102b5f.jpg

Tribe: Branchwalker
Weapon(s): multiple Bolas (sharp and round), curved knives (usually for climbing)
Special Abilities/Powers: Nature elemental magic (limited to height above ground)

Bio:
Trista was only 3 or 4 when the seige of Argos happened. A single handmaiden entrusted with her safe escape, made her way through the battle torn castle with the assistance of two guards. As they got to the gate they were beset by some of the demon horde. The guards sacrificed themselves to allow her and the child to flee into town.

As they fled, she came upon some of the fleeing townspeople. She screamed for them to help as she ran, Trista crying at her side. Several more demons came running and more guards to intercept them. The handmaiden told Trista to keep running and stopped to block the demonic advance. Trista never looked back, even through the screams.

Upon escaping the city, several of the caravaners asked where she was headed and who she was. She told them simply she didnt know where, never mentioned her name. She was told that she could be with them till they found a suitable place for her.

Several days later, the caravan was passing by the blessed Gipanio woods when they came upon a small gathering of nomadic gypsies encamped near the treeline. Offering to share their limited food with them, the caravan stopped and the gypsies got to listen to Trista's tale. They offered to adopt her into their ways and, reluctantly, Trista agreed.

That day, Trista was baptized in the ways of the forest and the branchwalker people, the nomadic people living among the Gipanio woods. Their ideals eventually became her own. Their rituals and lifestyle she learned to carve into her very being. Never waste what the world provides you. Always be grateful to the elder trees for their shade and security, as well as their other beliefs. As she grew in age and maturity, all their tenets became her life.

Within her early years Trista experienced a plague of nightmares. The sound of screams, evil laughter, the sight of blood. Oftentimes she would awake in a sweat or screaming. These "visions" her adoptive mother called them, were lapses of her old life. At age, 12 she begged her mother to let her learn the ways of combat. To protect her family and all she held dear to her.

The elder, after much debate, finally agreed. She took up arms with a unusual weapon, the bolas. A ranged weapon, used to incapacitate opponents and tangle their movement so she could get in close and force their surrender..or to end their life. It even seemed to lessen the occurance of her horrific night dreams. By age 20, she had become quite proficient in their basic style use and decided to expand to other forms, thus coming into possession of a miniature chain one with sharpened talons instead of balls for the ends, a gift for her birthday.

Two months later, her mother died. The entire tribe gave her a wondrous memorial, a funeral pyre. Trista wept the entire ceremony. That night, she had her first nightmare since the age of 12. She awoke in a cold sweat, her body trembling.
Afterwards, when she was to be successor, she opted to surrender the position to someone else and go travel the world. The branchwalker people were her family and this was her home, but there was an entire world to see and experience out there. She just felt she was needed for something else...somewhere else.

Other facts: Her wild nature is especially noticeable in her speech. She is very blunt to people and does not recognize local etiquette/respect.

When she is in trees, she is twice as fast than when she is on ground.

Last edited:
@ChaosMage

Good profile...I assume she's going to be a supporting character than? One other thing, 4'7 is rather short...is she a midget?

I havent decided really. I would like a main child.

Also..that was meant to be 5'7...not 4...whoops.
Although a gnome sized style character might be interesting. XD

I havent decided really. I would like a main child.

Also..that was meant to be 5'7...not 4...whoops.
Although a gnome sized style character might be interesting. XD

Well the profile would work as is if it's a supporting character. However if the character is going to be one of the seven siblings, it would need some tweaking.

Well the profile would work as is if it's a supporting character. However if the character is going to be one of the seven siblings, it would need some tweaking.

Give me some pointers and i will get it done. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.