Writing Levels
  1. Adept
  2. Advanced
  3. Prestige
  4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
Genres
I am open to all types of genre's, my main ones however are Sci-fi Horror and Action. The only RP's I'd rather not due are any threads dealing with any type pf homosexual themes or manga or anime type RP's.
The 7 Dreaded.jpg

The two intimidating looking guards solemnly stare out into the vast expanse of harsh and empty desert. The winds lightly pelt their black armor with smatterings of sand. They stand watch at a large and impressive gate, leading to a bejeweled city within. The kingdom of Khathara lied somewhere between the aptly named Forbidden Dunes and the tormented region known as The Land Of The Black Sand. Khathara had a reputation for being fabulously wealthy. Traders, pilgrims and nomads throughout the land came here in droves just to marvel at the city's riches. Over the twilight horizon, one of the guards spots seven dark figures on horse back steadily approaching the gates of Khathara. One of the guards steps forward to intercept the mysterious riders.

"Halt nomads! What business do you have in Khathara?"

One of the riders dismounts from his steed and coolly walks closer to the guards. He is tall, clad in impressive looking leather armor, his face obscured by a tattered hood and a dangerous looking blade strapped to his back. Jericho keeps his face slightly down down turned "This is the city of Khathara, is it not?" he asks in a low and menacing tone.

"Indeed it is peasant. Now again I ask, what business do you and the rest of these dregs have here?"

Jericho slowly looks up, his tattooed face causing the guard to intake a sharp breath of surprise "We are here on the authority of the great Xsaster...and we wish an audience with your ruler."

The guard laughs "...and what makes you think that Prince Tarnnis would hold court with the likes of such peasants such as you?"

The other guard steps forward "Wait Oskor, I think I know who these riders are." He lowers his large ax and swallows hard as he scrutinizes these mysterious wanderers "They are indeed the Acolytes of Xsaster. They are the fabled Seven Dreaded, whispered in hushed rumors throughout the lore of the deserts."

"Oh for heaven sake Crayden, the Seven Dreaded are nothing more than a ridiculous myth! Old wives tales told to naughty children." says the other guard.

Another rider, a regal dark skinned man, sporting ceremonial tribal garb, unlatches his bow from his person "I can assure you guardsman, we are no myth." says El'Kadesh.

Jericho removes his hood "You have two options, soldier. You can let us pass or you can join your soon to be dead prince in the eternal flames of the Nine Realms."

Crayden looks anxiously at Oskor "Let them pass Oskor, I plead with you. Trust me, this class of warrior is way above our pay grade."

Oskor shakes his head slightly " Alright than oh mighty Seven Dreaded, just what do you want with our prince?" he says in a mocking voice.

El'Kadesh begins to draw one of his arrows in anger, but is stopped by a hand gesture from Jericho. He stares threateningly at Oskor "We are here to pass judgement on your pathetic excuse of a prince for his numerous heresies and crimes against humanity. To pass sentence of this despicable kingdom for it's transgressions against it's people." Jericho than draws his sword with eye blurring speed and holds it perilously close to the guard's throat "Gotta problem with that?"

Oskor, feeling the razor sharp edge of the cold metal pressing up against neck, breathes hard "I'm sure the prince can squeeze you in." he says with a whimper.

Jericho smirks "Most kind of you..." he says as he re-sheathes his blade, the sound of the metal echoing sharply as the sword scrapes the insides of it's scabbard.

Oskor stammers back and grips his neck, discovering that the weapon has left a small cut on his neck "Right, this way than..." he says as he nervously unbolts the large gates to permit the Seven entry into the city.

One of the riders dismounts almost as soon as they stop, pulling down the scarf that covers the lower half of her face.

"Whoever came up with horseback riding must have had legs of steel,"
she groans, arching her back. While Jericho and El'Kadesh make their aggressive negotiations, she takes the chance to stretch out some of her stiff muscles--although she never takes her eyes off the two guards. The gates open, she stands up and takes the reins of her horse. As they pass the guards she smiles and pats Oskar on the shoulder.

"Don't feel too bad, most people underestimate us the first time we show up," she says. Her other hand slips down to the coin purse hanging from his belt. It unhooks easily, and she slips it into her vest in one smooth gesture. "Oh, and if I were you I'd start being nicer to people, make sure you have some good character witnesses for later."

One of the riders in the back, a blue-robed blond man, gives a nod of acknowledgment to Crayden as he passes.

A hooded male rides behind the group - keeping his horse calm as they progressed through the path towards Khathara - opposite to his fellow archer who was at the front of the ground.

He hasn't heard much of Khathara - aside from the fact that his tribe had once gone there to trade but decided to never do so again after finding out its inner economy. This happened from even before he was born; hence why he's never been there before. It was quite a sad this for the dark skinned male, but he let it slide. It didn't matter much, after all.

Coming upon its gates, Karvic slows down behind them and then stops. The horse neighs and he pats it. That was when Jeska dismounted her horse and began to stretch. El'Kadesh and Jericho takes point to talk with the guards. Karvic wants to interject that maybe he should be the one doing all the talking, considering what Xsaster had given him as his power, but he shrugs it off. They surely had it covered. He turns to Jeska and comments, "It surely is better than walking, you have to admit." He then goes on to pet the horse once more before taking up its reins once more. The two seems to have finished negotiating with the guards. While Karvic would have usually not have told anyone his true purposes especially if it was because of this, he supposes that this was fine.

Lightly kicking the horse, they begin moving once more to enter the kingdom. He gives Crayden a small bow of his head to show that he appreciates the fact that he believed the myths. He still never got why they think that the Seven Dreaded were not real. The group's actions have surely reached all the land, and yet people still do not believe in them. It was odd, but it may be because of how surreal all this was. A group of vigilantes acting in the name of the God of Justice, Xsaster, seems like a superhero team you would normally hear in mere stories made to calm and also warn the young ones.

"So, shall we seek an audience with this Prince Tarnnis? I can get one within the day for us." Karvic tells the group, having full confidence in his ability of speech and persuasion. "Or, we could just bust in." He continues. Karvic likes to think that they at least had finesse, but he honestly didn't care either way. If it could lead to the job's completion, then it was fine with him.

From the back of the group near Karvic, Ferus was not afforded a particularly clear view of the conversation between Jericho and the guards, but he was able to hear it well enough. At more than one point the comments of the guards elicited a roll of his eyes or slightly irritated huff. They never stop to think that even legends come from somewhere.

He turned his horse slightly and twisted in the saddle, looking back over the desert from which they had come. There was a terrible beauty to a land so magnificent, yet so dangerous for the unwary, although his concern sprouted from a more tactical standpoint. Even before his appointment to the Seven Dreaded, watching his back had been a habit as instinctual as breathing. The only difference now was that he felt a weight of responsibility to watch the backs of six companions, as well.

His worry seemed unnecessary at present, however, as he saw nothing but the open expanse of warm sand from the wall of the city to the slowly darkening horizon. Turning to face forward again, he narrowed his eyes at the looming city. It seemed the only threats they might face would be those that lay in wait for them on the other side.

Mounted on a hefty steed behind and slightly to Jericho’s right, Valasa observed the interaction with a neutral expression as she silently assessed the guards before them. It was apparent that they had some skill in combat judging by the arrangement of their weapons and prominent physical prowess, yet equally obvious that only the two of them had little chance of standing against the Seven. It was almost disappointing - getting past them would be no challenge, as was swiftly evident by Jericho’s ability to maneuver them through with little more than a drawn blade.

Tempted to smirk in amusement at his intimidation tactics, she struggled to keep her expression neutral. Observing the reactions of those skeptical of their existence never failed to amuse her. Schooling her expression back into one of complete seriousness, she urged her horse forward through the gates with a slight nod towards the guards as she passed them.

“Much appreciated, gentleman.”

She glanced over her shoulder at Karvic, nodding slowly in approval, but waiting to speak until the guards were out of earshot. “I won’t speak for anyone else, but I’d rather take the time to approach this with a lighter hand first; we could make good use of the time to become more familiar with the city…..” she glanced briefly in Jeska’s direction, her mouth curving downward in mild concern, “and to rest from our travels before we begin; I think we could all use it.”

As the Seven warriors are led through the city, the stark reality of the metropolis's true wealth comes into perspective. Only the ceremonial high rise structures were adorned with gold and precious gem stones, no doubt reserved for the priesthood and wealthy aristocrat class of Khathara. The rest of the city lay in slum like squalor. It was apparent that most of the so called lower classes suffered from a terrible kind of neglect.

Jericho sneers at the contemptible sights "Well I think we all know where this city's abundant wealth goes to, aye guardsman?"

Oskor stays ever silent, keeping his focus straight ahead as he leads the seven closer to the Khathara's gleaming central palace.

El"Kadesh looks around, suspicion mixed with disgust seethes from his eyes. But one curious fact seems to grab his attention more than any other. Strange glyph like symbols adorn almost every building the city, from the magnificent pyramids to the smallest of earthen huts "What do these runes mean, they seem familiar to me somehow. Who is this city's patron god?" asks El"Kadesh.

"I wouldn't rightly know, do I look like a priest to you?" retorts Oskor.

El'Kadesh clenches his fists but is again calmed by Jericho "Easy my brother, remember, we're here for Tarnnis."

The regal black man breathes hard "Something doesn't feel right to me. Be on your guard Dreaded, I sense a trap."

Jericho grins "As if you had to tell us that Kadesh..."

El'Kadesh makes his way over to Valasa and whispers to her under his breath " Something isn't right here Valasa, your the expert on intuition...does anything feel off to you? Something about these hieroglyphs, I know I've seen them somewhere before."

@Starlighter

• Love
Reactions: Starlighter
"Better than walking isn't the same as good," Jeska retorted. She listened to the others talk, and at Valasa's comment nodded. "Yes, rest would be nice, especially if we have to deal with more nonsense later on. Besides, I'd rather not show off all of our...gifts right away, in case the wind turns against us."

She looked over the ornate buildings, noting the size and luster of the gemstones, the clarity of the precious metals. All spick and span and designed to impress, probably the reason for their height. Although there were far more huts and hovels, the towers seemed to dominate the city. They were probably visible for miles. She felt a sudden, childish urge to knock them down.

"Funny, I can't seem to see any of the people who belong in those fancy blocks," she commented. "Everyone out here seems to be dirt poor--or possibly servants, if those are house liveries like I think," she added, gesturing to a pair of passing men in red and black tunics. They were hurrying along with lowered eyes, not even glancing at the seven strangers.

"I think it's safe to assume that, trap or not, we're not going to be well-received here by the upper classes,"
Aldantos said, speaking up for the first time in several hours. He'd been contemplating their new mission, and now he was taking in the sight of the city. Clean roads, but full of beggars. As the odd parade passed through the city, people stopped to look at them, some commenting in low voices, but most just watching. Aldantos could only wonder just how far rumors of their mission had spread. Oskar seemed to have no idea, but then again he didn't even know which god was the patron of the city, perhaps he was a special case.

Last edited by a moderator:
Karvic looked between his companions - all of them discussing what their choice should be. Deciding to not fight Jeska in terms of technicalities about her statement because it was ultimately fruitless. Seeing as Valasa and Jeska thinks that they should rest up for now, he nodded. "I see. Then shall we search for an inn?" He questioned, but Oskor seemed to continued to take them towards the central palace. While he appreciated the help, they were speaking of resting yet the guard seemed to want to hurry them towards that area.

But Karvic merely followed his companions.

He took in the sights. While others felt mild irritation towards the high rise buildings and their ornate designs that were obviously made using the tax from the city. Well spent? Not exactly, but that is the reason why they were here. Karvic, however, was impressed by its architectural design. Expensive it might be, but he had to admit that they weren't made haphazardly. But still, despite its beauty, it was made through unfairness.

Then El'Kadesh spoke of this being a trap. Oskor didn't even know their Patron God's name. As they continued on, he took his bow out so that he was prepared when push comes to shove. The dark skinned male continued to look around while keeping silent. Unlike the others, Karvic was never big on speaking unless he truly needed to, despite having the power to persuade people easily. He was on alert and was ready to kill, if the need rose.

As their oddball procession carried on through the streets, Ferus gradually guided his horse close enough to fall in with Karvic. He said nothing, observing their surroundings and listening to the comments of the others in silence. The glorious beauty of the bejeweled buildings towering high above the squalor of the streets was breathtaking but difficult for him to fully appreciate. In a land such as this, there was little to no chance that such architectural feats were the result of a united, fairly compensated workforce intent on crafting something spectacular.

Magnificent as the towers were, they stood as a symbol of how power corrupted men to take advantage of his fellows rather than as a symbol of what determined unity could accomplish. Perhaps when all was said and done, at the very least all men of this city would be able to enjoy such luxuries more universally.

He sighed quietly and glanced briefly over at his equally quiet companion with a light shrug in response to Karvic’s question. “Perhaps we’ll be seeking accommodation at the palace?” he suggested, entirely unsure of what the others had in mind. Personally, he would prefer to find lodgings somewhere separate from the den of the lion they had come to bring low, but it could potentially be quite convenient to remain close to their enemy.

@Polaris North

With a nearly imperceptible check and release, Valasa slowed her horse just slightly to allow more time to examine the hieroglyphs nearest to them. Her eyes narrowed in concentration for the space of a few quiet moments, after which she slowly shook her head. She looked over at El’Kadesh with a slight frown.

“Nothing about them strikes me with any sense of foreboding,” she answered casually, “But then, they also don’t seem at all familiar either. I wouldn’t be too concerned, but if it still bothers you, there’s no harm in being on your guard.”

Her lips curved upward in a slight grin, and although she addressed Oskor, she raised her voice for her words to easily carry to the rest of the Seven. “No, my good fellow; I’m afraid you would make a properly awful Priest; they are, after all, generally supposed to be truthful, are they not? And lying about your knowledge of the divine no less!” Her tone was light and teasing, but with just enough of an edge to clearly indicate her disapproval.

@Chris_Reaper

Reactions: Chris_Reaper
Status
Not open for further replies.