The Sentence

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Asuras If you're worried it being a bit unbalanced, bear in mind that it does require direct wound to wound contact. It's not the easiest thing to fire off. If you just find it unnerving because of it's nature, well, it is blood magic after all :P

No no I meant that it was just a creepy idea. Sharing blood is a pretty gnarly thing, so yeah. :P

The demonic whisperings you pointed out had me confused for a bit there. My bad, I decided to take a bit of poetic license there for nightmares and kinda forgot there might be actual demons at play in the story. I can fix that.

Also, I assumed because of the city's size that there would be more than several cultures thrown into a mixing pot type of thing, ya know. I can fix that too, since Kato lived his entire life in Drisbane.

There are pretty much two cultures in Drisbane; that of the natives (European-esque), and that of the historical immigrants (Palace's people, oriental in theme). Anyways, accepted!

@Asuras I've modified my character. Let me know if there is anything else I should change.

Your bio once again seems to purport things that I explained to you already are not true.

His master was the White Grandmaster, Cyrus, who held the title before him, one of thirteen that were powerful champions and tacticians who led what was at that time one of the other two factions that fell after the First Sentence, the Ouroboros.

...seems to indicate there were 6 important factions prior to the First Sentence, which is simply not true. The four I've already described are the only significant ones. Any "others", like I said, would be small an inconsequential. You also continue to suppose that anybody in Drisbane anticipated the First Sentence, which is also not the case. No one considered that they would ever have to lead an army, and you still title these people as tacticians and having the skills to lead an army.

No one knew how to lead one. Period. Teachings on war-mongering and leading are strictly forbidden and taboo to everyone under the sun. Anything related to armies are burned outright.

I've tweaked my post - better?

Yep. Looks good now. Accepted. Just know Kaileb will notice your grudge, and he won't be particularly fond of her either. :3

@Psyker Landshark Looks great! Now Efrida has a childhood friend. :D Accepted.

• Thank You
Reactions: Charlie
Name: Gerald Holtz
Faction: Unaffiliated, previously Goetia.

Appearance: Slightly above average in height at 5'11, Gerald is more often than not described as androgynous thanks to his attire, hair, and fair features. His clothes are generally befitting of one from the Goetia faction, dark robes and long coats that leave little uncovered. Blonde hair spills down to his upper back and it's not unusual for one of his heterochromatic eyes to end up covered. While not muscular, Gerald has a slim build and moves fairly well on his feet.

Personality
Studious by nature, expanding his knowledge of magic one of Gerald's main drives in life. It's one of the few things that can hold his attention lest he idle about and simply waste his time away.
Feels a strong need for independence based on personal freedoms. As long as they aren't interfered with disproportionately, he doesn't have much issues with working under others.
Soft spoken, but talkative when he gets on a roll. Not very secretive and doesn't mind revealing personal details if asked about them.
Maintains a cordial and rather polite disposition to others for the most part, often choosing to simply leave a situation if his emotions threaten to get the better of him.
Doesn't really enjoy combat and will try to avoid it, but if a situation proves dangerous expect quick and lethal retaliation.

Short Biography: One of the Goetia's champions from prior to the First Sentence, Gerald grew up in a relatively lax environment for someone that held the possibility of becoming a herald for the faction. It wasn't until he showed an affinity for magic that his training began, but then again that potential showed rather early on in his life. From then on it was a rather strict regime to groom the newest champion for the Goetia; one that Gerald didn't shy away from. Bless children and their easily influenced nature.

Yet somewhere along the way little Gerald developed a personality of his own and it was somewhat... rebellious. Oh, he still attended his daily training and lessons given they were of interest to him, but he also began to do things of his own accord. Leave the compound and wander the city, talk with all manners of folk, and generally be his own person rather than just a herald for his faction.

When the First Sentence occurred Gerald stayed with his faction out of a sense of responsibility. He was one of their champions and in the times of turmoil that followed the elder's disappearance, the champions' presence were all the more important. Yet when Kaileb assumed control over the faction, Gerald quickly cut his ties, feeling little loyalty to the younger boy. Now he wanders where he pleases, practicing and experimenting with his magic.

Stats
Might - 1
Finesse - 4
Fortitude - 2
Health - 2
Speed - 4
Perception - 10

Abilities
Telekinesis: The ability to manipulate the kinetic forces within a certain range of the user. While bringing the entirety of this power to bear can allow him to flatten a decently sized house, Gerald prefers more efficient uses of his power; and for good reason. While he's capable of interacting with his own telekinetic constructs, they rapidly disappear upon contact with other living creatures. Allowing them to do so causes him no problems whatsoever, and if need be he can counter the effects at great strain. Simply keeping an individual contained would tax Gerald enough that he'd be incapable of performing any other action.
To deal with this, he prefers to utilize incredibly dense projectiles when attacking directly with the ability. By the time they dissipate from contact with creatures, a hole has already been punched clean through. Given how small they are, Gerald's able to generate quite a number at a time while retaining lethality thanks to their penetrative power.

Decay follows closely: A more sinister ability developed when Gerald was younger at the behest of others, it certainly exemplifies the sinister reputation his former faction holds. Able to produce a dark fog and cause it to linger within the immediate area, the affected area's max size is a few dozen meters from Gerald.
Within this contaminated area life begins to wither and die away, although the effect is not very pronounced when allowed to spread. Smaller creatures and beings perish quickly enough, but anything around a human in terms of size and hardiness won't have much trouble resisting its effects. Flesh may sting, breaths come harder, and sight is impaired, but it's about as bad as being in a cloud of smoke. Eventually dangerous, but more of an annoyance to begin with.
As one might expect then, the ability's effects are intensified when the fog is focused onto a smaller area. When used to envelop targets, the ability can quickly strip the life away from targets; skin and flesh stripped away before even the bone is turned to dust in minutes at most. The fog does not impede movement nor move particularly fast though, meaning those that are nimble footed should have little trouble in dealing with this ability. However vision is completely impaired given its density and natural light is useless in trying to pierce the fog.

True Sight: The ability to see the life force and magical energy that exists in the world around him, unimpeded by the environment. His eyes gain a subtle glow when the ability is in use and he loses sight of the physical world, but reveals any gathering of either types of energy. While a large number of sources isn't particularly harmful, simply annoying to try and sort through, enough energy from a single source can actually blind and force Gerald's sight back to normal. Unlike his actual sight, True Sight has a range of about 100m or so after which only large sources, those that would be harmful within the ability's range, are vaguely visible.

Equipment
Nightsilk Skinweave: One of Gerald's older pieces of equipment, the suit of Nightsilk is basically a second skin for him at this point. Not only is it quite comfortable, maintaining a steady temperature at all times, but the material is also most durable. While it won't protect him from any blunt force trauma, it is exceptional at protecting against slashes or stabs and turns aside the mundane blade quite easily. When it is pierced, the material will begin to regenerate when soaked in blood, actively reforming over the wound and applying pressure as the damage is repaired.

Ring of Drifting: A double-band of silver that he acquired shortly before he left Goetia. Engraved with runes, the ring isn't quite a necessity though it serves as an extra layer of protection. Should its wearer fall the ring's enhancement kicks in and slows their descent to an easily survivable rate. Worn on Gerald's left hand at the moment.

Ring of Sustenance: A relatively important artifact in Gerald's possession. The golden engraved band naturally sustains the wearer and allows them to function perfectly fine without food or drink and a modicum of sleep compared to normal. However the ring can only maintain one's current state of health, thus upon injury external sources of nourishment must be sought out to aid in one's recovery. It is worn on Gerald's right hand.

Hunter's Blunderbuss: A more mundane, but masterly crafted weapon for situations that his magic has trouble with. Fires a spray of projectiles that are quite lethal up to several dozen meters, and is a good deal louder than a regular firearm. While Gerald has gotten used to the weapon's deafening discharge, it can be quite stunning to those unused to it. For pesky Guardians that are capable of dodging firearm projectiles, Gerald can accelerate them with his Telekinesis to reach speeds normally impossible. Generally slung onto his back for easy access while an ammunition pouch sits on his waist.

Last edited:
Reactions: Asuras and Charlie
@Asuras

It should be fixed now. I apologize for misunderstanding earlier.

Can I just take this moment to say that the "You need a Hug" icon is literally the best icon possible. I always forget about it until I see it used, at which point I start laughing my ass off again.

@Asuras you could have told me about this rp. I will be joining, cs up tomorrow^^. Got my charger too...soo post in other rp too coming up.

Reactions: Charlie
Never really been a part of a dice type rp, however, I am really loving the idea to this rp. Ugh I have room for one more rp. For now I'll use this post as a place holder.

I'm almost done with forming out my char, I will have them up tomorrow.

Color me interested. Any open slots?

No need to get uppity.

My apologies, mate. Been having a rough day and took it personally. That was not cool of me.

• Thank You
Reactions: Azathoth
My apologies, mate. Been having a rough day and took it personally. That was not cool of me.

No worries, I appreciate the apology. Sorry if I came across like that.

Reactions: Beta
How many points in a trait is considered "normal human" level?

Just want to know how bad I'm fucking my character.

How many points in a trait is considered "normal human" level?

Just want to know how bad I'm fucking my character.
That sounded wrong lol.

Char is coming up soon lol.

Kain Cage
|The Mysterious Drifter|
FT8ICOH.png
"I Will See That The World Has Peace, One Way Or Another."
Name:
Kain Cage

Personality:
Kain has a strong and dominating personality. He knows how to command respect without making someone feel disrespected or worthless. When Kain appears everyone knows that he is an important person and to not fool with him. Kain isn't all intimidating and mysterious, he has like an older brother vibe that he puts off too. Kain loves to make sure everyone around him is okay and cared for, he can be a leader, a protector, or a friend if you need one. He loves to embrace new things, because without change their will never be progress to a better and brighter future.

Short Biography:
Kain life is shrouded in mystery and danger. His parents were born in two different factions, his mother was from The Palace and his father was from Geotia. They had to keep their love a secret, in fear that Kain's mother's family would seek out his father and kill him. When she found out she was pregnant with Kain, her and his father ran away hidden in a little city out of the boroughs. Out there, Kain's parents could live a peaceful and loving life.

That peace was interrupted when The First Sentence happened and from that day on Kain have to fend for himself. Thanks to his parents skills and teaching Kain was taught as if he was part of the Faction Trained Champions. He would be considered a creative and formative fighter, since he was taught techniques of both Geotia and The Palace. Kain knows how to survive in this harsh world and hopefully he can bring everyone together and bring the peace his parents wanted to fruition. He'll try and ally with many people, as long as they don't try anything funny.

Faction:
None (Wants To Bring All The Factions Together).

Stats:

Might -6+1
Finesse -4
Fortitude -3+1
Health -4+1
Speed -2
Perception -1

Abilities:
Dancing Spirits-Kain has learned through meditation and practice to bring up his health, strength, and defense. The technique is called Dancing Spirits because strong winds surround him, as if the fallen spirits of former champions are giving him strength.

The Royal Slash-Kain's mother, before the Sentence happened, she taught him her family's sacred move, The Royal Slash. Kain takes his sword and slashes a giant X in midair, then he pushes the X with his sword. If it hits his foe or foes it does major damage. It's a powerful skill but it has to be dead on point to make a big impact. This is usually Kain's final move, his death blow if you will.

Levitation-Kain's father taught him how to center his mind and how to trick gravity. He can float in the air, tricking gravity into letting him move around without hitting the ground. Kain usually uses this in combat so he can get leverage and intimidate his foes. It isn't really an attack it's more of a passive skill that gives him a boost in battle.

Equipment:
1. His Mechanical Great Sword.(It turns into dual daggers when he turns the sphere in the middle).
2. His leather and metal coat. The coat has inventory bags attached to it, which is why when Kain gets into a fight he usually sets it aside, so it won't way him down.
3. 10x HP Potions.
4. A family photo, for obvious reasons.
5. Basic Snacks, just in case he can't find any good food.
6. Bandages and Gauze, for those more serious wounds.
7. A water bottle and filter application.
8. His purple and red ring, his parent's got it for his 14th birthday. It symbolizes their love and everything they believed in.

Last edited:
Posting mostly to state my intention to make someone, if I can, and just keep an eye on things because they seem neat, otherwise. This post will probably mutate into a character sheet soon enough.

@Shattered♦Secrets™
1) There is no "faction army", only champions.
2) Regardless of being able to teleport, his Finesse indicates he'll never be "sneaky" in the slightest.
3) What is mechanical about his sword? What does the mechanism actually do?
4) What are the limitations on his teleportation?

Status
Not open for further replies.