The Sentence

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sometimes, a balanced build is fine, though. You don't have to make abilities that cover your weaknesses, you can also make a gimmick for your character that gives them a unique advantage or a different way to attack.

Example: Junkrio's sticky stuff. Now that his Might is looking much more reasonable, his gumshot is actually quite dangerous at making enemies lose a turn if they get hit.

Now that I think about it...Kanade is basically the raid boss that guardians and Goetia fought. With self heal and high fort...huehuehue.

It's also worth paying some attention to the metagame, if one really wants to be a bastard. Like, if a number of characters seem to be stacking speed and relying upon it to not take damage, make an ability that goes around that. And so-on, and so-forth.

As for Kanade, she'll get worse in that if I keep her going with bard-like abilities, she'll either be further buffing allies, debuffing enemies, or smacking things around pretty effectively as she goes on.

As of yet I can't see much of a metagame. There's no stat combination that's proven itself to be especially powerful.

Yeah, at the most, there may be certain trends if one were to really go an analyze all the characters. for a while there was at least discussion of more focus on speed than Fortitude and Health when it came to defense, but that was likely all spurred primarily by our two standouts in that regard. I'd have to go check everyone's stuff to see any notable trends. I'm pretty sure I can say that most of us tend to under-value Perception, though.

There are no definitely superior builds, which is good. There's been some talk about Finesse being more important than Might (and there might be some truth to it, too). I'll still hold that both are fairly important because while a good attack roll can add to damage, relying upon it as your only source of damage numbers is a bit of a risk. I do also wonder if there's a point of diminishing returns, where adding more points to the same attribute either doesn't appreciably increase one's odds of success as much, etc.

There are certain cases where stats do seem to be far better than others. Fortitude, for example, is a much more important stat than Health. Even if you've got a crap ton of Health, if you have small Fortitude you'll be getting chunked to the point where each of your 2 health points might as well just be 1.

Finesse is arguably better than Might. You get bonuses Might to your score when your Finesse roll is 10-score above the enemy Speed roll. If you've got high Finesse and mildly good Might, you'll be hitting pretty hard. Still, you'll need Might to back it up. However, if you focus on Might far more than Finesse (but have a decent Finesse), then you'll always end up hitting harder (most of the time I see that even a Finesse-vs-Speed roll with both having the same dice has a high chance of the Finesse roll getting 10 or more score over the Speed roll, so they get extra Might).

You could stack both and be incredibly well off, but then you're leaving out Speed and Fortitude/Health, making you a glass cannon... and we've seen what that can do to a person. >_>

I am almost finished with a cs. Should I post it here, or PM it to Asuras?

I'd say that's up to you. If you DO post it here, make sure to alert Asuras with the @ symbol so he's aware of it, though. If you post it here, we can give you constructive help if you want it, though.

Alright. I'm likely gonna read through it though and make sure I didn't fuck up the grammer and splling there and here... Fuck.

Any way, I should have it up no later than tomorrow night

I think everyone has a deficit of perception, at the moment, so anyone who capitalizes on that should be well off.

@Asuras
Aiden Renmor, Scholar for the Guardians
FSdWDvB.png

mnI2pCp.png

Personality
After an hour of hanging out with Aiden, you would never guess that he was once a part of the darker Goetia. He seems like a kid with his head in the clouds, always wondering about what isn't there. And it started out as a child like wonder, and an over active imagination. Though these fantasies became his driving force, and he soon began devoting his time and energy to making them reality. While not experimenting, Aiden is likely training his body and mind in order to overcome the exhausting effects distorting reality has on the user. He is always up for sparing, and is a generally nice guy, if not a little out of it.

Biography
Since birth, Aiden has had an interest in what was not there. He saw the empty space as limitless possibilities. As he grew up, he often talked about all the things that could be there. needless to say, he had a wild imagination. But he never grew out of it. His parents were members of the Aesil, and were alchemists and healers for the Faction. As such, Aiden had access to some arcane and alchemical knowledge. Of course this did not last long. Soon after Judgment was passed. It was strange. Suddenly everyone was gone. He was sad, yes. But he didn't feel the need to mourn. Now it was empty. It was this vast emptiness that had inspired him. He would fill it. He abandoned the Aesil, who believed what was, was meant to be, and what was not should never be. "To create from nothing should only be the work of God," they said. They would never understand. So he turned to the Goetia. After all, they were the ones with the knowledge and the magic to pull off such feats. He began studying. His parents being alchemists, he was familiar with the science, though he soon discovered it did not follow the laws of this realm. He tried time after time, pouring countless hours into research just to find a way to create something from nothing. Until he thought of using spatial magics. If he could bend the very fabric of reality, he might be able to accomplish his goal. It required further study and countless failed experiments, but he finally succeeded. He managed to forge a small box out of nothing. However it lasted only for a few seconds before disintegrating into nothing. The creation process was long and exhausting. But he did it. He knew that if he wished to continue this line of study, he would need to train his body and mind as well. The further he study, the more he began to understand what he was doing. There was no way that someone can create from nothing. Truly that is the work of a God. But this was as close as he would get. By forging these items he was taking the materials required from another dimension. Being otherworldly, there is no telling how these inter-dimensional materials would react in this realm. They were often unstable. This was why the "Void Items", as he called them, would dissipate after a short while: their molecular composition could not survive in this dimension. However, there is still more to learn, and so Aiden will keep experimenting.

After the Goetia was stripped of its status, and converted to a school of the arcane, Aiden remained within it's wall, continuing his studies. He had joined the Guardians after the ordeal, hoping that they would train his physical capabilities in order to study further. And, of course helping people isn't bad either. Allows for some real world application to his discoveries.

Stats
Might - 2
Finesse - 3
Fortitude - 8
Health - 4
Speed -1
Perception - 3
Arcane - 3

Abilities

~~~~Rift~~~~

A small rip in space, allows for the instant change in location. It is not a portal, but rather a distortion of reality. small objects weighing less than an average human can be shifted with little repercussion. but the shifting of something the size of a human being will result in a -1 penalty to Fortitude for a turn and a cool down of three turns. The maximum distance that can be shifted is two meters

~~~~Dark Matter Forge~~~~

The subject Aiden assigns most of his time to. A sister science to alchemy, yet its exact opposite. Alchemy, or more specifically transmutation is the analysis of an object's makeup, deconstructing it, and rebuilding it into something different: creating something from something. Dark Matter forging is to create something from nothing, or so it appears. In actuality, Forging uses spatial magics to distort reality, and uses energy and material from another dimension to create. These objects, referred to as Void Items normally do not last very long, and tend to be no bigger than one meter long by one meter wide, and do not conform to the normal laws of physics, allowing them to float or change shape once created. However, in combat, a weapon or shield need only to appear for a few moments to be used effectively. While in combat the strain caused by Forging results in a -1 penalty to Fortitude until the next turn, and a cooldown of one turn. See The Forge in Equipment

~~~~Null~~~~

Aiden's Trump Card. If Aiden is in a pinch he can create a small pocket dimension originating from himself, or a target that goes out 15 meters from the origin in all directions. Only Aiden, the origin point, and two other things, living or non-living can exist in this sphere, and all current buffs/debuffs to enemies or allies are nullified. The only way out is by Aiden releasing the sphere or the origin of the sphere ceasing to live/be whole. But as there always is with this form of magic, there is a drawback. Since it is an empty realm filled with what could be, there too is the Dark Matter. While in this sphere Aiden limitless has access to the Dark Matter Forge and Rift, bypassing their penalties and cooldown times. However, keeping this sphere is exhausting, and Aiden takes a -3 penalty to Fortitude while in this space on the first turn it is created. Each turn after, he takes a -2 penalty to Fortitude.

Equipment
The Forge: A small metallic orb which Aiden enchanted with spatial magic in order to more effectively forge Void Items. So long as Aiden wields The Forge, he is able to more efficiently create Void Items. By using The Forge as the source of energy required, he can bypass the cooldown time and Fortitude Penalty of his Dark Matter Forge. However, the Forge has a cooldown of one turn, and can only be used four times per every charge. Charging take no more than a few minutes, but it would be nearly impossible to accomplish in battle as it requires much concentration. Should Aiden be stripped of The Forge, he can no longer gain its benefits until it is obtained

Hammer: A standard mace he has named Hammer

Anvil: A Kite shield he has named Anvil.

Well here it is.​

Last edited:
I am the bone of my Forge
Void is my body and Dark is my blood
I have created over a thousand Items
Unknown to Magic, Nor known to Alchemy
Have withstood pain to create many weapons
Yet, those hands will never hold anything
So as I pray, Unlimited Null Works.

There's one problem I see with the entire construct...

Antimatter explodes VERY violently whenever it contacts matter. Aiden, and probably Drisbane, wouldn't survive the first time he used the forge!

What if it's just called Dark Matter? And, you know, isn't actually antimatter?

I mean, if To Aru did it, so can he. XD

There's one problem I see with the entire construct...

Antimatter explodes VERY violently whenever it contacts matter. Aiden, and probably Drisbane, wouldn't survive the first time he used the forge!
What if it's just called Dark Matter? And, you know, isn't actually antimatter?

I mean, if To Aru did it, so can he. XD
Yes I actually did change it to Dark matter. However it was originally antimatter, so I guess I didn't quite change all of them. I'll fix that now.

Never mind I see what you meant

Oh yeah and physics need not apply. Its just the name I gave it

@ERode

Oh shit... I did make the Unlimited Blade Works XD Not at all intended

Last edited:
Also change feet to meters, I guess.

1 speed = moving 5 meters in a turn

The best obvious references are the completely accidental ones.

Hey with the inclusion of Aiden's Null realm, perception might become more useful.

Oh god... I guess i should read the IC

Last edited:
So...Null Realm vs. Nightosphere. Who wins?

Answer: Hallowed Ground for no reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.