The Secret of The Royal Family (york)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lyle nods, "Yes, Mother gave them to me a long time ago. We were supposed to start learning things, but she forgot I guess." He says. There was probably no way that he would ever rule, not unless the dragons suddenly reappeared. The Queen would never allow it. A male that would rule, would probably be the daughter's husband. Lyle looks over at her, as if he was still studying her. Then the sound of horns blowing was heard outside. Which caught his attention and he went and looked out the window. He saw a carriage, which had stopped outside the castle. And a young man got out. It was Prince Seth, from the neighboring country. He was set to marry the princess in the future. Prince Seth was known throughout the land as a very brave and kind person as well as very chivalrous. Lyle has never seen this young man before and decided to ask Avelana about him. "Who is he?" He asks. And then another thought popped into his head as well as another. "Why is he dressed differently than most of the people I see? And why is he here?" He asks her.

prince_charming_by_emisa-d47j72u.png

Avellana nodded understandably, and as Lyle was studying her, she was about to ask him if he was ready to begin their lesson before the sound of horns blowing took her attention from that for a moment... Looking outside with Lyle, she spots Prince Seth from the neighboring country coming over, he was supposed to marry the princess sooner or later, but she hadn't heard whether or not they're courting yet. He looked nice, and seemed like a nice person from what people have said, but she was always uncertain if that was everything to him, she was known to be a worrywart sometimes. When Lyle asked who Prince Seth was, Avellana was brought back to reality, turning from the window towards him she answered the questions he asked about the Prince "That's Prince Seth... He's a prince, kind of like you, but from another country, a place far far away. He's dressed differently because he's royalty, just like you too I guess. I'm not sure why he's here though, but he visits this castle alot from what I hear, perhaps to see your sister." Avellana explained, looking outside again to see if she could see where the Prince was going from here.

Reactions: Poisoner
Prince Seth goes into the front of the castle, going through the very large front wooden doors. Lyle looks at her and cocks his head to one side like a currious puppy. What made him currious is that she had said that he was a prince. His mother never said such a thing to him. While Prince Seth was standing there, Lyle had the chance to study him. And then once he was gone, he compared himself to him. He looks down at himself, he had basically rags for clothing. Plus he had dragon features, like a tail and wings. And the image of Prince Seth in his mind, Prince Seth had very nice clothing that he thought they were very fancy looking and he had no dragon features. So how in the world is he- the dragon boy that is hidden away from the world, a prince? She could tell that he was deep in thought, just by the expression on his face. And his mother never mentioned that he had what Avellana called a 'sister'. After thinking for a few more minutes, he decided to speak. "What is this so called 'sister' that you speak of? And how am I a prince, I look so differnet than Prince Seth." he says to her. He was hoping that she could fully explain to him on what a prince was as well as what the word sister meant. The more he thought about the word prince and the image of Prince Seth, the more he felt out of place.

Avellana smiled a little, shaking her head, she realized her mistake of not specifying a little too late, she started speaking answering his questions the best she could Well... A sister is someone who's also a child of your mother. A prince on the other hand is someone who's part of a royal family, usually the next in line to take the place of the king. Even if they don't always wear the same clothes or look the same, their roles are the same." she said. Then after a moment of quietness, she decided to speak a little more "I guess I should start teaching you what you need to know though... Starting from how to count past ten." Avellana said with a smile. She wondered what else would be good to teach him to start things off, after all, there was still a long way to go, but they had to start simple, the question was how simple...

Lyle stood there listening to what she had said about being a prince and all. But he still didn't feel like one. Then he turned his attention to her when she said it would be a good idea to teach him how to count past ten. "Ok, and well I don't know how to spell very many words either." He says to her. And then his thoughts went back to what she said about his sister. "Did you ever meet my sister?" He asks. And then he thought of other things that he wasn't good at. "Well I am not really good at math either." He adds. He was trying to make her job a little easier, or so he hoped. And then another thought popped into his head. He wanted to know more about her too, "Do you have a Mother? A father? or a Sister?" He asks her. He hoped that he wasn't overwhelming her with questions.

Avellana looked to be in thought as Lyle told her a few other things that he wasn't quite familiar with yet, just as she made a mental node of them, Lyle asked a few more questions... The first one was if she had met his sister, which was an easy one to answer "I don't think so..." she said, sounding a little disappointed in that fact herself. His next question was rather expected, it involved more talking, but she could also answer this one without too much trouble "Yeah... Only a mother and father though, but I've long since grown up and moved out..." she said, sounding a little awkward. She decided to leave out the part that they wanted her to court someone sooner or later, to pass on their legacy and all that, all that would probably be told to him later, once he had a better understanding of what these terms mean.

Status
Not open for further replies.