The Secret of Eli

Status
Not open for further replies.
" ugh how much longer till class is over, I rather be high than this " he said rubbing his eyes. Tryin to stay awake during this class is like tryin to stay awake through book clubs. Which are both equally annoying he looked at Eli and then the clock but then random thoughts of Fiona flew through his brain. He made a scrunched up face and smacked himself tryin to stay focused

"They sure are, but I'd rather have complicated over neglectful. It's better to engage in endless banter with them than having to be ignored almost always," Fiona muttered thoughtlessly, keeping her eyes straight towards the teacher who stared right back at her at an instant. She fiddled with her fingers sheepishly, trying to distract herself from falling asleep in the middle of class. Just as she nearly dropped her head against her chest, Xanthia spoke up, causing her body to jerk up. "Notes?" Fiona repeated, slowly glancing down to her empty desk. "Nope. It's not necessary. I have a photographic memory, I tend to just wing it out most of the times and put enough effort when needed be. Don't worry, I'm not neglecting my studies~" she assured, half-truth and half-lies.

Last edited:
Xanthia watched her a moment before she nodded a little. "Okay." She then turned back to the teacher, avoiding looking him directly in the eyes and jotting down a few notes before she just started doodling on the bottom of the paper, finding nothing important in what he was saying now.

Receiving no response other than a simple 'okay', Fiona merely flashed Xanthia a sweet grin before subconsciously turning to face the teacher, distracted. Minutes, possibly hours had gone by since Fiona first entered the classroom without the intent of actually attending first period. She sure as hell surprised herself more than anyone else by actually showing up, especially with Xanthia, who seemed to prefer solitude over the company of friends.
Persistent as ever, Fiona glances toward Xanthia and picks up from where they left off, "If I knew how long it takes to finish one stupid lecture, I would've never showed up today. Oh well, there's a first to everything~ Maintaining a mischievous demeanor, Fiona leaned closer to ensure that nobody else would hear her, "I would suggest ditching but I'm not sure if you'd approve. Should I ask for your permission first?" At the same exact moment, the teacher caught her whispering and harshly demanded her to 'cease your inane chattering'.
Deciding to drop the conversation there to avoid causing Xanthia anymore trouble, Fiona finally shuffled through her purse and yanked out an empty notebook and placed it neatly atop her desk. Instead of taking notes like everyone else, she dozed off, thinking deeply about nothingness.
She thought about her 'future' and how far she'd be able to get in life without screwing others over. Then there was her two awesome best friends whom she loved nearly to death, even if they themselves weren't aware of the fact. But sooner or later, they'd eventually stop putting up with her crap and that scared her, slightly.

Last edited:
Eli laughed and flicked Akuma's ear. His seat was right next to Akuma's . "Be patient loser." he smirked.

" ow my ear " he looked at eli and punched his arm, " im going to leave now because class has become very boring " akuma stood up slowly and said " i have to use the bathroom and i shall do so " the teacher couldn't respond since he was out the door before than. He wondered if anyone else was out of class but he headed to the roof...the only quiet place were he can think.

Xanthia sighed. "Do what you want." She said quietly, watching the teacher and writing carefully. She wasn't too surprised at Fiona's want to leave class. In Xanthia's opinion, Fiona was like a tiger in a trainer's cage. It was unnatural for her to stay in such a place. However, she still did not see it a good reason to skip out of class, but of course, she wouldn't be bothered if Fiona stayed or not.

Having distantly heard Xanthia's nonchalant approval to leave class, Fiona's initial reaction was to whoop in cheerfulness before literally jumping off the rigid desk, but her inner reaction soon died out when reality came crashing in. Of course she wanted to dash off when she still had a chance to, but something inside stopped her and that alone kept Fiona from leaving. A few weeks ago, her mother sneakily offered her a challenge to prove whether or nor she was capable of taking care of herself by actually putting school her first priority. If she so happened to win, her mother agreed to grant her the permission to file out a legal independent application to her allow her move out before the age if eighteen, which was more than just a few months ago - if not a year. On the other hand, if she lost . . . well, the results were unannounced as of yet.
Grumbling stubbornly to herself, Fiona decided to sit the idea out and grudgingly pulled out her cell phone. If she couldn't leave, but she could just kill time by distracting herself.
She was pretty indecisive and it wouldn't be a surprise if Xanthia found her inability to settle annoying or strange. She just secretly hoped the girl didn't regret approaching her early that morning~
Flashing Xanthia a quick smile, Fiona wordlessly placed her cell phone atop her desk and started texting at top speed without catching the teacher's attention. There was merely a few minutes left till class ended. "Oh. Look at the time, class is almost over~" she whispered, eyeing the tiny device on her hands.
She texted Eli first with a blurry image of what appears to be him sleeping with his mouth wide open, clearly an amusing expression to Fiona. Beneath it, she added; seventeen more to come ~
Then, she effortlessly sent Akuma a witty message; 'I hope you're not high right now without me okay thanks.'
Maybe texting was better than actually leaving class, who knew?

Eli laughed and watched Akuma leave. At the same time he left the bell rang.

Holding the wrap in his hand he looked at his phone and sighed " god dammit she knows everything about me! " he put the wrap back in the bag and placed it back into his backpack standing up returning a quick text to her " Yeah Yeah im on the roof hurry up " Sending the message chuckling, he slid away his phone and looked over the edge at the distant drop and sighed as thoughts rushed through his head. He leaned forward accidently and snapped out of it and took a few steps back shaking his head. " Get a hold of yourself Akuma " He ran his hand through his hair and went around the corner pulling his saxophone case out from behind the small tube and opened the case putting it together slowly, He just began to play slow mellow tunes out of the saxophone which seemed to get the attention of people walking on the ground. They knew exactly who it was and listened for a few moments before they continued on.

Minutes after placing her phone down by arm's reach, Fiona distractedly turned to give the teacher a once over before feeling the device slightly vibrating against her skin. Silently picking it up whilst keeping her eyes on the preoccupied man, Fiona quickly read through the text message as fast as she could, hoping that with this amount of distance, the teacher wouldn't catch her not paying much attention, if not barely. Suppressing a high-pitched giggle, Fiona subconsciously bit down at her lip by the response she got. 'How is that not surprising? Don't tell me you're alone up there. I always knew you were a loner without my gracious presence to bask under.' she texted speedily, chancing a glance towards the ticking clock in hopes for time to go by faster.
Seconds dragged on as Fiona 'patiently' anticipated the moment she'd hear that blissful yet ear-blarring sound of the class bell going off. More so than not, it felt as though she were the new girl at a nearly crowded high school full of people who probably didn't want to associate with her. Maybe she should've attended classes more often just so the strange vibe around her would ease down a notch. Speaking of which. . . Fiona snuck a look at Xanthia, wondering how she was getting a hang of things so far. How does it feel to be the newest addition of the batch? she thought to herself, pondering upon all the endless possibilities.
"Hey-" She wanted to ask the silent girl whether she needed assistance to get around the area, but just as she opened her mouth, the most anticipated class bell finally went off, signaling the end of class. "Ah. Is there anything you need help with?" Fiona offered kindly, packing up her belongings.

Xanthia finished off her notes and put them in her folder, tucking it safely in her backpack. "I think not. I know where my last class is." She said, standing and pulling her backpack up over her shoulders. "See you around?" She asked.

" ugh you take forever " he texted fiona before he went back to playing his saxophone actually getting into it. Ge stood up and was moving with it and dancing a. It madr him feel good when he good do this alone

Stuffing in her last supply inside the large bulky purse, Fiona gingerly glanced up to meet Xanthia's gaze. The thought of having her offer declined sort of wounded Fiona's heart, if not entirely. It wasn't as though she wanted or expected Xanthia to happily comply submissively, but it would've been a nice change of pace.
Masking her disappointment with a lazy shrug, she made sure the little smile playing at her lips was convincing enough. "Oh, well that's fine~" she assured, waving a hand dismissively as if it wasn't a big deal. "I'm easy to find if you're ever lost. See you later~" Weighing her purse onto her shoulder blade, Fiona sheepishly excused herself before heading out into the nearly crowded hallway, mentally wondering how she'd be able to get through without having piles of body squishing her to death.
At the same time, her phone vibrated once more against her thigh. The replies were getting quicker than usual, how strange. Maybe he was getting a little impatient with her at this point, not that it bothered her to some extent. Of course, with nothing but good intentions in mind, Fiona mustered a strong front and boldly flung herself into the fray of students streaming by. Off she speedily shoved and twisted through the flock, maintaining a long stride towards the furthest back of the hallway; the staircase leading to the school's rooftop.
One step after another, Fiona struggled not to stumble upon thin air with her lack of stamina. How was it that people could easily climb stairs without having to breathe heavily at every step? She appeared slim and possibly lightweight, but she sure was nowhere near 'fit'.
After a few minutes of barely keeping up with herself, Fiona finally reached the last step as a harmonious sound soon perked her ears almost instantaneously. The familiar melodic cry of a saxophone sent shivers of bliss under her skin and there was nothing more soothing than that.
Once she gathered herself, Fiona reached for the knob, twisted it as silently as she could and abruptly flung the door open - sauntering in as though she were the empress of the room.
"Akuma?" she called out, instinctively holding a hand over her forehead. "Is that you or am I starting to hear things too?"

He stopped his back facing her and he chuckled " well you found out my secret " he said taking the strap out from around him, he turned around his face a bit red as he was more embarrassed that she caught him. " huh " he manage to slip out from his fumbled words. He pulled a baggy out his pocket " took y-you long enough loser " he sat down by his bag and pulled out a wrap while she was standing there. " so were is the birthday boy? "

Standing by the doorway's ledge, Fiona sent him a mock salute before casually heading his way. "I didn't know you were into classical music. How deep of you," Fiona playfully mused, oblivious to his sudden embarrassment. She was never good at reading emotions, detecting hormonal changes and what have you. Sadly.
As she caught Akuma yanking out a suspicious bag from his pocket, Fiona smiled ever so wickedly. Though not obvious enough to suggest something Fiona didn't want him to know - rather, hoping he didn't assume she was looking forward to what they were planning to do next. Maintaining an inexpressive look, Fiona plopped down beside him with a moderate amount of distance and casually spread her legs in front of her, leaning against Akuma just so her back was facing him. "Dunno. I thought he'd be with you right now, honestly. We have another class after this-" she cut herself off, abruptly glancing at the watch on her wrist. "-short break. Five to ten minutes perhaps?"

He smirked when she leaned on him as he finished rolling, he didn't know why there batch of oddballs went together. " yea yea you heard me play just dont go spreadin rumors on my george michael status " he said laughing " you have a lighter punk " he said as he held the blunt with his lips searching through his pockets. He looked at fiona " i know you got one fifi " he said again laughing

Eli was headed to his next class, English. He continued to walk the halls until he spotted the room number. He was about to go inside then he grunted. He didn't feel like going into this class. Then he decided to just go up onto the roof top but then texted Akuma,
"Where the hell are you man?"

Last edited:
" Were do you think i am loser, me and fifi are on the roof " He texted back to eli still searching himself for his lighter that he knew he had before he came up here unless he dropped it somewere in class, and that was his godamn favorite lighter.

Eli read the message then smirked. He jogged up the stairs to the roof top and swung the door open. He smirked at Akuma. "Boo." he said simply and walked up to him, shutting the door behind him.

Status
Not open for further replies.