The Secret of Eli

Status
Not open for further replies.
Xanthia stared at the building as they approached it. She waited until most everyone had gotten off the bus before she took up the end of the line, stepping off last. She blinked in the light and sighed a little, stepping up behind Fiona. "Can I follow you?" She asked quietly.

Standing awkwardly by the sidelines watching people getting out one by one, Fiona patiently waited for Xanthia to come out. When she did, Fiona smiled sweetly. Giving the girl way whilst perking up after she asked to follow Fiona around, she responded with a dismissive wave. "Sure. Normally I'd hang around the school courtyard before heading off to class, but I'll make an exception today~" Beaming at her, Fiona gestured towards the school entrance merely footsteps away. "You're a new student, right?" she asked hesitantly, as though she just realized the fact and couldn't help but to mentally scold herself for not figuring that out until then. Perhaps the constant use of 'special' substances was finally taking a toll on her conscience, if it hadn't already. "D-Do you have your schedule or will we have to pass by the administration office first? I don't mind missing a few minutes of class if that's the case," she added honestly, chuckling a little. Once they've reached the entrance, Fiona kindly opened the door for Xanthia as a subtle gesture to make her feel comfortable. First impressions were always a huge deal.

Xanthia blinked. "Yes." she said. "And yes." She pulled out the green schedule from her pocket and smoothed out the two perfect creases that folded it to fit so comfortably in her pocket. "No office needed." She added before stepping into the door silently and looking at the students milling around. She adjusted the backpack a little nervously on her shoulders. "Thanks."

Stepping into the warm building, Fiona followed behind Xanthia before taking lead. "Great, you just made this a whole lot harder for me to not attend class this morning," Fiona playfully blurted aloud, feigning hurt and discomfort right before bursting into laughter. "I guess we'll just have to head over there first, I'll walk you." Lazily waving at Xanthia to follow behind, Fiona turned on her heels and headed casually into the half empty, half full narrow hallway. Considering the fact that she normally didn't show up to school earlier than usual or on time, let alone when it was nearly crowded, many students instantly took notice of her presence. A group of tall and preppy girls gazed at her critically before averting their attention away, fearing she'd spot them. "It gets a bit awkward walking through this hallway when everyone's wondering what you'll do next," Fiona explained lowly, giving Xanthia a once-over. "But don't worry about it, I know you'll be just fine~" Passing by locker after locker, Fiona continued to saunter down the long hallway until she notice a familiar figure standing by one of the lockers. "Eli!" she hollered once her guess was confirmed. Beckoning Xanthia to follow along, Fiona headed towards her friend. "There are you! Happy birthday~"

Xanthia followed half a step behind Fiona, looking around carefully and making a mental map of the place with little marks like a bathroom or an office. Her attention moved though, when Fiona hollered someone's name. She paused as Fiona walked towards the person, but intent on not getting lost, she caught up and followed behind her cautiously. She looked over the person Fiona had called Eli and decided he was an okay person. Xanthia didn't offer any type of hello though, and instead straying behind Fiona and stayed in the girl's shadow.

Eli turned when he heard his name and smiled, "Hey Fiona! Thanks!" then Eli noticed the new girl and smiled at her.

Xanthia smiled slightly back, almost forced, but it was also mostly a natural smile. She paused before pulling her hood back, deciding it probably wasn't the smartest thing to stay shadowed and hidden away from people who could help her. "I'm Xanthia, Xan for short." She said quietly, offering him her name.

Wiggling her brows, Fiona hastily rampaged through her oversized purse and yanked a suspicious brown bag out. "No problem, I also managed to pull some strings and got you something worthwhile if you know what I mean~" Grinning mischievously, Fiona tossed the bag containing marijuana inside another small plastic zipper bag at Eli. "Have fun getting high, I know I do~" Leaning back against a locker beside his, Fiona faintly noticed Xanthia pull her hood off as if to finally come out of her shell. "Oh! I almost forgot," she paused, gesturing to Xanthia. "She's new to our school so I'm showing her around." Just as she turned to face Xanthia and introduce her to him, Fiona abruptly stopped mid-sentence and made a double-take at Eli, having to lift her head up more than usual. ". . . Am I shrinking or are you just taller than usual?"

Eli looked at the baggy then chuckled, "Haha thanks." he put it in his backpack. Eli then looked at Xan. "I am Eli nice to meet you."
When Eli heard Fiona say,". . . Am I shrinking or are you just taller than usual?", he turned to her and laughed, "No I grew."

akuma bumped into another kid and pushed him out the way, the kid came back and began joking with akuma. As they walked to class, akuma began chewing at his nails sitting down in his usual seat in the back near the window. A few girls walked in that he saw amazingly beautiful, they looked at him and laughed as he nodded but he realized they were looking down...at his. He looked down and noticed his fly was open. " MOTHER FUC-" " dont use that language in my class akuma you know this " He nodded and pulled his fly up running his hand through his hair.

Fiona merely laughed, yet at the back of her head, there was a nagging voice telling her something was definitely not right. The feeling may have been just paranoia or the consequence for an abuse usage of substances, but it was strange a hunch. She didn't know whether to continue the conversation there or let it die out and head to class already. But just as she opened her mouth to say another word, Fiona felt Xanthia's presence from behind her and realized that she couldn't let her new friend miss out the first few minutes of class. Guess there was no time to catch up on sleep at the school's rooftop. Oh well. "Hmm. . . We'll be heading to class now, I suggest you do the same if you don't want detention on your birthday~" Swiftly turning on her heels, Fiona wordlessly grab hold of Xanthia's wrist and gently pulled her forward, heading towards a classroom nearby. "If you encounter any problems, don't hesitate to consult me~" Reaching the doorway, Fiona once again allowed Xanthia to go in first before following suit, ushering the blonde towards the teacher and straightforwardly explained the situation to the elderly man whilst simultaneously instructing Xanthia to find two available seats for them.

Eli stuck his tongue out at her the headed to class. Of course the bell rang and he was late to class. He had the same first hour as Akuma. Everyone was staring at him, mainly wondering if he had gotten taller. Even the teacher wondered but the shrugged it off and scowled, "You are late Mr.Night."
Eli muttered as he sat down by his friends, "I know old man..."
Mr. Roberts scowled even harder, shook his head and began the lesson. Eli crossed his arms and smirked in victory.

" Hey loser sit down " Akuma said at him when Mr. Roberts went back to teach, Akuma in his usual seat in the back was whittling a pencil with some scissors since he had become bored like he always had. He was slowly creating a knife, or more would call it a fake shank, but it didnt really come out like he wanted it to.
a guy looked back at akuma and said " Do you know about what happened to Alex "
Akuma looked up and said " Nope "
And the guy turned around and looked back at the front.

Xanthia looked a little surprised to be pulled along, but followed behind, one hand going to her pocket and the other held tightly by Fiona. She stopped when they got to the class, but Fiona pushed her in gently and she ducked her head a little, gladly looking for two seats in the back of the class. Sure enough, two seats stood resilient among the rest in the middle of the back. Xanthia glanced between Fiona and the teacher she was explaining to before she went over to the seats, sitting in one and putting a notebook on the desk, sliding the backpack underneath. She didn't like being the center of attention standing in front of a class with everyone standing.

Hardly enough, it took more than necessary for Fiona to convince her delirious teacher that Xanthia was indeed a new student registered in the school's system and not 'another one of her schemes to get out of class'. After a couple minutes of throwing in snarky retorts and nearly losing her cool by mentally strangling the elderly teacher the way she would to her own mother, Fiona finished with a tight smile. Despite the obvious doubt etched in the man's eyes, Fiona's calm expression never wavered. She stood her ground and briefly glanced over her shoulder to find Xanthia already seated nearby the very back of the classroom. "At least she's submissive," Fiona thought arrogantly to herself, her smile growing. ". . . So I assume all confusion is cleared out, right? Or do you need another proof?" Fiona offered, resting a hand on her slightly exposed hips. She lifted her head up to meet his gaze, as if to challenge him. Situations like these were always her worst highlight of the day. The teachers loathed her down to the core and more so than not, people feared being seen around her. Throughout her high school experience, Fiona had nobody to consult (seeing as everyone distrust her) except her two friends and maybe, just maybe, Xanthia would make a new addition. "T-That's not necessary," the older man countered, awkwardly clearing his throat. "Please take your seat so we may finally begin class."
Grinning from ear-to-ear, Fiona complied and headed over to the empty seat beside Xanthia. Then a thought crossed her mind. "Wouldn't it be great if we had all our classes together?" She hummed, knowing a person or two who had the experience and will to help her out in hacking the school's system. ". . . Then again, I'd rather not risk putting you in a strange position on your first day."
Just as Fiona fell into silence, the teacher spoke up once more, nonchalantly asking Xanthia to introduce herself to the class right after marking her name off the attendance sheet.
"Just stare straight into the old man's eyes, nobody else and you'll be fine. Your name and where you came from is enough. No need for a fancy introduction," Fiona instructed softly, almost inaudible but loud and clear enough for Xanthia to hear her.

Xanthia hesitated, but stood slowly, clearing her throat quietly. "I'm Xanthia, Xan f-for short. F-from New York." and at that, she sat back down, closing her eyes a moment and taking a deep breath, looking up emotionless. "That's over." She mumbled to herself, drawing a little circle with a triangle in the top right of her paper.

In an attempt to ease her nerves down a notch, Fiona, possibly the only one eager to, clapped as loudly as possible after Xanthia's brief introduction. "That wasn't so bad~" she complimented, giving her a thumbs up once Xanthia sat back down. "No one will care unless you give them a reason anyway." Shifting slightly in her seat, Fiona snuck a quick glance down at her wristwatch her uptight mother reluctantly purchased for her long ago. Classes barely started and Fiona already felt itchy under her skin, having the burning urge to just hop off through the window and call it a day. But with Xanthia around, she knew she couldn't just ditch the poor girl behind. That would damage her sweet disposition. . .
Masking her boredom with a content sigh, Fiona leaned back against the wooden chair and pretended to listen to the teacher's draggy lecture. However, after a minute of slowly drifting off to sleep, Fiona leaned over to Xanthia. "What's it like in New York?" Fiona whispered suddenly, not knowing how else to start off small talks.

"Busy." Xanthia answered. "Loud, and not too fun." she added, glancing over at Fiona after she stopped writing. "Where are you from?"

Getting her to talk furthermore than just a few dry words would definitely be difficult, but at least Fiona wasn't being ignored. She settled with a small nod, propping an elbow up atop her desk before resting her chin on it. By Xanthia's dry remark of the commotion at New York, Fiona laughed slightly, making sure it was inaudible enough for the teacher not to hear her. "I've always wanted to go there as a kid growing up, though," Fiona commented mindlessly, flipping back strands of hair out of sheer habit. "Up until now, I've lived my entire life in this place whilst occasionally leaving home during summer vacations or when my mom's in her 'mood'. But other than that, I haven't moved once." Fiona wasn't one to reveal any personal information to others, especially if it was with someone she just recently met - but for some odd reason, she felt as though she could trust Xanthia. Even if it was just little by little.

Xanthia nodded. "Parents are..complicated." she chose her words carefully as she scrawled something the professor down in neat handwriting. She hadn't taken many notes, but the ones she had where short, sweet, and to the point, yet they summarized so much. Xanthia glanced over. "No notes?" She asked, although this didn't come as much of a surprise to her, based on a few things Fiona did that tipped Xan that she wasn't too interested in school.

Status
Not open for further replies.