The second planetary nexus

Status
Not open for further replies.
York looks on rather impressed as Kylara flew off and in record time brought back the gear they had left in the pod... "Those wings definitely come in handy..." He thought as she flew towards him putting down his gear, when she tossed him a shirt and told him she'd gather some firewood and build a shelter nods putting on the t-shirt carefully, his wound was still rather tender to touch to say the least "Thanks again... Is there anything I could do to help setting up camp:?" he asked feeling a little guilty about troubling Kylara like this... It was out of the ordinary to be shown such hospitality and kindness by someone on an undiscovered planet, this was unexpected but he was glad that she had come when she did, otherwise he probably wouldn't have survived for long being trapped in that pod.

Kylara shook her head when he asked if he could help. He needed rest. It didn't take long, just about 30 minutes to create a makeshift lean to, and gather enough wood to last them the night. Kylara was getting worn out, being nice and compassionate this long took a lot of work for her, she wasn't necessarily a nice person. But she did need help to get off this planet so...."This is my side, this is yours. Try anything, and I'll kill you myself." she said. She pulled out a few creatures that she didn't recognize that she had caught. She had already gutted them and stuff, so she just placed them on a stick and held them over the fire. Two for her, and whatever York wouldn't eat. When it was ready, she tossed York his portion, and dug in. She never tasted a meat so good in her life. She wolfed it down, and then laid down to get some sleep.

York let out a brief sigh when Kylara shook her head but he knew it probably wouldn't do him too much good to move around more than neccesary in the state he was in, and even without his help remarkably enough, she had managed to assemble a rather sturdy looking shelter in half an hour, she had even gathered enough wood to sustain a fire for the night. Kylara looked a little tired afterwards though which was understandable considering the efforts manual work took, especially this much. When she made the boundaries in the shelter clear as he stepped in, he nodded, as even back in his own universe, it was often preferred to assign boundaries in an living space, though admittedly she could have done so in a less hostile manner. He didn't mind it too much though, she didn't seem too bad despite being a little harsh sometimes, then she pulled out a few carcasses of creatures even he himself couldn't identify, but he noticed the distinct lack of internal organs which have evidently been removed. It was the classic way of preparing food which he hadn't seen in a while, and as he watched them cook, he realized how long it's been since he'd actually eaten some proper food, while nutrients being "fed" to him through his suit weren't too bad and saved time, it didn't leave him with the same satisfaction as eating food manually. Once he recieved his own portion from Kylara, he thanked her before eating it rather quickly, it took care of the hunger that he was becoming aware of and tasted surprisingly good when he ate despite the minor pain it his mouth since he hadn't really tasted any real foods for who knows how long. Artificial foods were commonly consumed when he was off duty rather than real foods since they were easier to produce and took little to no time to prepare. When he had finished eating, he noticed Kylara had already lain down, so he did the same knowing it would probably benefit him to get some more rest despite not being too tired. He closed his eyes and let his thoughts wander slowly drifting off to sleep beginning to dream not long afterwards.

Kylara slept soundly. While she was fast asleep, a smile appeared on her face. For he appeared to her in her dreams. He was the only one who could coax a smile out of her. Everything about him enraptured her interest, her joy. She had lived for the moments when she would see him.
His lips pressing against her cheek brought her out of her dream. Giggling, Kylara opened her eyes and a gleam came to her eyes as she sat up. She grinned. He had outdone himself. There was soft music playing in the background, and several of her favorite candles were lit. The scent of cinnamon filled the room. Inhaling deeply, Kylara swung her legs over the side of her twin bed. Her nightgown slid and hit the floor. She looked at the figure before her. Tall and lean, he didn't weigh over 90 pounds. His big black wings were slightly extended, making him look like a fallen angel. And his thick black hair was in a tussle on his head, with his bangs hanging over his gorgeous brown eyes. She sat there admiring the form that constantly pursued her. He was Malik.

She stood up, and brushed his bangs behind his ear. "Good morning, beautiful." he whispered, leaning in to try and kiss her. Smiling, she turned her head so his lips landed on her cheek once more. "Good morning, handsome." she said, wrapping her hands around his neck. He knew what she thought about stuff like kissing before a certain ceremony. They swayed in circles for a few minutes, their foreheads resting against each other. His breathing was hard. She knew what he desired, but she would not give it.

Suddenly, Malik changed the music, and then began to lead her into one of her favorite dances. Her eyes gleamed and a laugh rippled from her lips. He disliked dancing for the most part, so this was rare. Especially for him to start it. As they moved, she realized there were feathers sprawled across the room. And roses, as she stepped on them. She looked into his eyes, his deep, glowing eyes. What she saw brought awe to her. His eyes weren't veiled as they normally were. He let his emotions burst through, which was unheard of for him.

As the dance came to an end, Malik spun her under his arm and ended it with a dip, her entire weight leaning on his arm. Her hair dangling down, and her arm thrown back. Standing up, she grabbed him in a fierce hug, both their hearts beating quickly, and breathing hard. Malik pulled back first, and caressed her face with his hands. Leaning into his hand, Ky smiled.

"Ky...I have been wrestling with how to do this for a long time. When you got us out of the facility....when you took us and made us a family...you took more than that. Little did I know it then, but you had also taken my heart. You still have it, Ky. You hold it in the palm of your hand." he said.

Reaching into his pocket, he pulled something out. He fiddled with it in his hand before looking her in the eyes. She saw something in his eyes she had never seen before, and she smiled encouragingly.

"I am desperately in love with you, Kylara. You are my world, the reason I am alive today, and I want to spend every single day of the rest of my life with you." He took her hands in his and pushed the ring into her hand, closing her hand over it. "Will you marry me?"

Kylara gasped, having been caught off guard. Tears came to her eyes, and she slipped the ring onto her left hand. "About time, you silly boy." she said before wrapping her arms around him. Her lips met his, but only for a brief second. "That's all you get until the wedding, my love." she whispered teasingly into his ear.

3 Months Later

Malik stood there at the altar. He was just seconds away from seeing his bride. All the while, Kylara was still adjusting her dress. Modified specifically for her, with slits made in the back so her wings could extend fully. She finished just as the music started. Mark took her by the arm, and they entered the sanctuary. Her eyes went directly to her fiance. Dressed in a Tux, he looked striking. His hair slicked, and his eyes glowing.

As soon as Kylara stepped into the room, he had eyes only for her. Her big beatuiful wings extended made her look like an angel. Love and joy filled his heart. He loved this woman more than he loved anything on this earth. She really did have his heart in the palm of her hand. She reached the altar, and they started the ceremony.

The priest had barely begun when it happened. Men in black stormed the building. Bullets flying. Immediately, both Malik and Kylara fly into action. Together, they killed or disabled all the men who were sent to kill them. But as they turned back to the priest, one of the men managed to raise his gun. With one loud Bang Malik collapsed in a heap. Screaming, Ky quickly killed the man with a kick of her heel. Running to Malik, she pressed her hand on the wound to stop the bleeding. "Malik!!! Please, please stay with me. I love you!" she cried. She knelt, and cradled his head and torso on her lap. He opened his eyes, and stared at her. "Ky, you are radiant. You are beautiful, and I love you." she let out a sob, and cried for the priest to come. They were going to get married, even if it was only for a few minutes. "Till death do us part." he slipped the ring onto her left finger, and the priest said they could kiss. She bent and pressed her lips to his, hard. His hand shakily went up and cradled the back of her head. As she pulled back, a single tear slipped down her cheek. "My husband." she said as she cradled his cheek with her hand.

"My....wife." Malik said with a smile before his hand fell and his eyes veiled over. Kylara cried out and pulled his limp form further onto her lap, kissing him, begging him to come back. She broke down, sobs wreaking her body. Mascara ran down her face. An agonizing scream came from her lungs, giving voice to the pain, and the anger that was burning within her.
Kylara woke in tears. The dream was over, but she still remembered it as if it were yesterday. She slipped out of the shelter and took off, needing some air. Today marks the one year mark since the murder of her husband. She had vowed to avenge his death, no matter what. She flapped down, feeling the air surge beneath her massive wings, lifting her higher and higher into the air. She flew and flew for hours in the dark of night. Memories of Malik filling her mind.

• Love
Reactions: York
York himself was having a dream... While he seemed to be sleeping peacefully what was going on in his head was a different story, a whirlpool of memories, all of them unfinished;
~~~~~
The dream

At first he was running through a field full of grass and flowers, the sun beaming down from him above poking out through the cotton-like clouds. There was someone in front of him, a young girl about the age of 8 with dark brown hair, something told him he was about the same age at her. He was running towards her gaining momentum as he started to pick up speed, he wanted to catch up to her even though he couldn't remember why, but he was slowly getting closer to her, closer, and closer and... Then she was gone, almost as if she was never there, York skidded to a stop not sure what was going on. He looked around at his surroundings realizing they had drastically changed, the sky was no longer blue, it was red filled with many fiery objects coming down towards the planets surface. The ground beneath him was a barren wasteland now filled with dead grass and flames here and there, a loud siren could be heard wailing in the distance as a large metallic object landed in front of him, it was covered with what looked to be like a fleshy mass of decomposing organic material. Whatever it was, it was alive, and it was spreading across the planet's surface, he instintively began to run from it knowing full well it wouldn't bode well for him if he came into contact with it. He heard his name being called just then, again, again, and yet again, he turned towards the voice trying to see who it was but a loud whining noise almost like a firework rocket drew his attention, turning around he saw a large ball of blue energy hurtling towards him at an alarming speed. Soon enough it had hit the ground next to him filling everything in his vision with a blinding blue light, he could feel an intense heat around him as a large booming noise surrounded him, then everything went dark.

~~~~~
Reality

York saw a faint red at first as the morning sun shone through his eyelids a little when he woke up, he was slowly becoming aware of his surroundings again as he opened his eyes delicated and sat up rubbing his eyes.
"Always that dream... Every single time... Why?" He wondered to himself as he stood up gritting his teeth a little as his still healing wounds were accidentally strained, surprisingly enough though, they hadn't been re-opened, and the one in his side hadn't begun bleeding again either. Holding his head a little he stumbled a little shakily around his "side" of the shelter trying to remember as much as he could about his dream like always, as long as he could remember, he'd always had that same haunting dream every time he slept, most of the time the dream's environments felt familiar to him. However he couldn't recall anything that had happened in his life that had even resembled what had been going on in his dream, so what was his dream supposed to mean? Why did he always have the same damn dream all the time? He honestly couldn't answer those questions himself, or at least not yet. That girl that had appeared in his dreams though, the one with the dark brown hair, the one who he still had never managed to catch after all that running, he couldn't remember her face or even her name, but he knew he had seen her at some point in his life. York let out a sigh, he'd have to reminisce on those things later as he noticed Kylara was gone, he stepped outside the shelter shaking off the groggy feeling that still lingered in his head as he looked around wondering where she was...

Kylara didn't keep track of time. She just kept on flying, putting miles and miles between herself and York. She didn't even realize this, she was so lost in thoughts and memories of Malik. She was no closer to avenging his death, she didn't even know who sent the men. She could still see his smile and the glint of mischief in his eyes. She went spiraling into another memory. Malik, Iggy, and Gazzy planning on what their escape plan should be if there was an attack. And the plans became daydreams of them becoming ninja like. She smiled fondly at the memory of Malik holding Gazzy, only 7 years old, in his lap as he cried. She couldn't remember exactly what had happened, Gazzy had somehow hurt his arm, and it caused him a significant amount of pain Shaking her head, she turned her attention to her surroundings. She wasn't ready to face another day on this forsaken planet, with no signs of civilization anywhere. She kept flying, for hours. Practicing her air maneuvers, diving, and landing. It wasn't until the sun started coming up that she realized how long she had been away. She looked behind her. The forest was out of sight. Crap. she thought before turning around and pouring on the speed. She debated whether or not to go supersonic, knowing the consequence. She was hours away from the camp, so she decided it would probably be best if she got back sooner, so she went supersonic. She winced as she felt her eardrums pop from the pressure. She flew faster than the speed of sound at this speed. It was a manner of minutes before the forest came into sight. Slowing down, she went in for a landing, and walked the next mile or so to the campsite. She still couldn't hear anything, so there was just a unsettling silence around her, causing her to tense. She finally reached the campsite, and sat down against a tree.

York had been sitting at the camp for who knows how long, he hadn't spotted Kylara anywhere, so he figured she was either out doing something or she had gone and left, so he'd just gone inside the shelter again for the time being. In either case he had been lost in thought for most of the day trying without too much luck to figure out why the hell he kept dreaming that same dream every night. This sort of thing had been nagging at the back of his mind since he could remember, though thinking deeper, there was a large portion if not all of the memories he had of his childhood missing, or at least up to the point where he'd been raised in the care of an orphanage. Some "colleagues" of his had "joked" with him that his parents had just not wanted him, others were just as confused as he was, but none of them were any help what-so-ever in the long run. The big thing that was missing from his memory was his home planet, he couldn't remember it's name, or where it was, or what had even become of it, this was far less likely now that he was stuck without the domain too. He let out a rather frustrated sigh at the lack of progress he had in remembering anything from his past. There must be some way though, otherwise he'd be plagued continueing with this dream for who knows how long...

Last edited:
((Kylara landed a few miles from the campsite so she could walk some of the way. And she would have made very little noise in the air, even at the speed she was going.))

((Whoops o.o lemme edit that post then, I guess I misread it >.<))

((It's ok o.o I guess I shall wait till then :3))

After several hours of slow walking, Kylara walked into camp silently. She was still deep in thought and memory of her late husband, so the look on her face could practically kill a person if they dared to mess with her. When she walked into camp, she said (or rather yelled since she couldn't hear) "I can't hear anything, so if you talk and I don't respond that's why." With that, she fell silent. She ate some of the snack bars she had hidden in her pack before she was mysteriously transported to this forsaken planet. If York wanted to eat something, he had to go get it himself. Giving York the cold shoulder, Kylara just sat against the tree, lost in thought.

York just nodded, he noticed Kylara was in a rather odd mood today, but since he lacked the ability or even the knowledge to know what had caused this behavior he just sighed and sat down beginning to think about his dreams again. It wasn't that he wasn't concerned about what might have been bothering Kylara, he just knew that it was no use trying to talk to her right now since she couldn't hear anything, which was yet another mystery by itself. He started to delve a little deep into the little memories he had of his past, he couldn't recall much but he remembered he had lived on a planet with others of his kind, it was like that until he was brought away. The reason for it wasn't too clear, but that's where his memories started to falter, all he remembered past that point was that he was woken up one day from stasis to fight in a war against the parasite. He knew the rest from there, but it still confused him to this day why he had such a large gap in his memory, why did he forget that much information that others had no trouble remembering normally, especially important details like moving from one planet to another...

Kylara's hearing slowly came back. After a few hours, the sign that her hearing was coming back showed itself in a massive ringing of the ears. She decided a swim would help. She stood, and walked over to the bank of the lake. She walked a few hundred feet, out of the sight of York. She stripped off her shirt and her shorts, leaving only her underclothes. She eased into the water, the coolness bringing a small gasp from her throat. She plunged under, enjoying the feeling of the cold water moving over her hair, and her body. Wings tucked in tight, Ky swam. Memories of Mal flooded her, the time they had almost died in a battle with an octopus. The time he had saved her life by dragging her from an underwater cave and performing CPR. The time he had almost died...the time he died. Ky allowed herself this time in the water to mourn her husband. She determined that after she got out, and got dressed, she would be done. No more softy, no more crying, just Kylara. Plain and simple.

After another 30 minutes in the water, Ky deemed it was time to get out. She swam back to shore, and laid there on the grass, looking up at the sky. When she was dry enough, she put her clothes back on, and headed out on a hunt, since her hearing was better. Heading back to the camp for her knife and some string, she went to go set up some traps. She set up about 5 traps, and prayed to whoever would listen that they would catch enough for the two of them.

Heading back to camp, she kneeled next York. "Let me see your wound, I may need to clean it once more." she said, with no emotion in her voice. While she wasn't sad, or depressed anymore. She wasn't going to show York any special treatment, this is how anyone who ran into her would describe her.

York had been delving deep into his thoughts some more, tracing back the few memories he had in the past attempting to remember more than what he currently did... Then, just when he'd been getting closer to the identity of that girl he kept seeing in his dreams, vision in his left eye went blue and a sort of "Interface" popped up. "Memory access... Denied. Please enter password:" It read with a few seemingly familiar forerunner symbols popping up "Blocked from my own memories... What the hell?!" York thought a very confused look crossing his face for a moment. He had often used his left eye as a sort of scanner or HUD interface when his suit wasn't available, however this was a disturbingly new development, his left eye emitted a blue glow like it always did when he had it's HUD booted up until he gave it the mental command to shut down. It was very odd that memories, even if they were ones stored in the mechanical part of his brain were blocked from him just like that... Before he could figure out what to do about this though, the sudden presense of Kylara's voice startled him rather abruptly this time out of his thoughts. What she said did remind him that he was still far from recovered in terms of his injuries "OH, er... Alright I guess..." he said carefully lifting up his shirt to reveal his wound again, taking a quick glance at it, the wound didn't look as bad as it did before from the little of it he could see.

Last edited:
((Hehe the wound is bandaged, York wouldn't be able to see it directly :P)

Kylara peeled off the makeshift bandage. She winced. What she feared may be happening. Infection may be setting in. Setting her hand on York's forehead, she didn't feel a temperature, so it hasn't gotten bad yet. She walked down to the water, filled up the container and placed it on the still burning fire that had been restarted. "This is going to hurt...a lot. But it's crucial that you stay still, or I could do more damage." she said before taking her knife. She needed to drain it, before anything set in. "On three. One, two-" she ran the blade of the knife across the wound. Puss and blood spurted out. She placed the old bandage aside, and tore a new one. Using a piece of her shirt, she slowly cleaned the wound once again. Squeezing, to be sure all the icky stuff was out. Once it was clean, she tied another tourniquet, and stood up. She walked down to the water and washed the blood off her hands.

"I am going to go check your pod again, just to be sure I didn't miss any medical supplies." She took several running steps, and leaped into the air. Her powerful wings downstroke lifted her into the air. Once she reached the pod, she started tearing it apart. Searching for anything that they could use. She managed to find a first aid kit, but it was very basic. Several bandages, some antiseptic, hydrogen peroxide, and some tylenol. Also, a few sharp shards from the hull that she could fashion into makeshift knives, and some more cordage that could be used as rope. She headed back to York with this, she could redress the wound with this, and the hydrogen peroxide would do a lot more than the boiling water would.

Landing once more, she walked up to him, lifted his shirt, and took off the bandage she had made. The wound was still oozing, so she knew what she had to do once more. Taking the bandage, she dipped it in the still hot water, and pushed it against the wound. Repeating this process until the water ran clear, she sat back for a moment. "I need you to lay on your side, so we don't waste any of this, we will need it in the future." she said. As he did, she readied the hydrogen peroxide. She squeezed a liberal amount of it on the wound, watching it sizzle, and white stuff showing up meaning that it was killing what bacteria was in the wound. Knowing how much it would hurt, but how imperative that it wasn't wiped off, she told him to keep still again. There was nothing more she could do, not with what she had.

She knelt by York once more. "I need to search for medical help. I can travel faster alone, so I am going to go check my traps, and gut them. That way you have food to last a few days." she said with absolutely no emotion in her voice. "I think an infection is starting, and I can't do more than what I've done. If we don't get you to help, you're likely going to die a painful death." she was just stating facts. Yes, she felt sorry for the chap, but she wasn't going to let any emotion show. She always felt it better to know what was coming than to hide the truth from someone, and have them wonder if everything would be okay.

With that, she headed off and checked her traps. Three out of five had caught something. She gutted them, and brought them back after setting up three more. She walked up to York, and placed the carcasses ready for cooking next to him. "I've set a few more traps nearby. So if you finish these before I get back, you'd need to get them. I'll be back as soon as I can." she said.

((I'm just following the simple progression of a wound like York's in the wilderness. If you want to make it miraculously heal, that's perfectly fine :))

Last edited by a moderator:
((XD I guess I could re-word it to say that it didn't look too bad from what he could see also; don't worry about that XD he doesn't know how to heal himself yet... However his pod does have some medical supplies, so there's that o.o))

((Edited! Let me know what you think, or what I need to change))

Status
Not open for further replies.