The Seaborne Chronicles | Original Character/Panfandom Exploration RP

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Kaide`

Original poster
x| THE SEABORNE CHRONICLES |x
"LET THE SEA SET YOU FREE"

The OOC/IC is up! We have limited player slots, but people are more than welcome to poke around and sign up if there are spots free.​

=================​

Nobody was ever quite sure how or why this came to be. For many, their journey starts out the same way: a bright, blinding light. A sense of weightlessness, the sound of water around their ears. It was all but serenity, until the need for many came to forefront: the need to breath.

Some panic, some simply accept the fate they've found themselves to. As consciousness begins to fade, many spot something odd above them. Large ripples in the water, humanoid figures diving down towards them. Arms wrapping around them, freeing them from their daze as they're brought to the surface to breath air once more.

You find yourself aboard a great naval craft aptly named the U.S.S Enterprise.
Still dazed and sopping wet, the people that rescued you tell you that the vessel is home to many, most of them finding their way onto the ship the same way you did. Just glancing around the deck you're on gives the impression of a busy ship. Makeshift greeneries are littered about in a sort of organized chaos, leaving just enough room for moving to and from, as well as some makeshift supply tents to hold containers of items.

oVv80yy.jpg

Amid it all, you're approached and greeted by a rather strange looking woman. She sticks out like a sore thumb to you, looking like she belonged at a circus rather than a ship. Still, her gaze is firm and serious, her striking lilac eyes peering straight at you.

"Greetings. My name is Alyssa Marigold, but you may call me Officer Alyssa. I am one of the people that helps keep this hunk of metal afloat." She pauses to look towards the nearest deck worker, shouting "We need some towels over here!" before looking back at you, continuing her little speech as if nothing happened. "I would like to formally welcome you aboard your new home, the U.S.S Enterprise."

You're quickly tended to following Officer Alyssa's orders, tentatively listening to what she has to say.

"I'd reckon you're confused, and I can assure you that many aboard this ship still are. From the looks of it, many here are not from this world. As crazy as that may seem…" She offhandedly gestures around, as if trying to emphasize a point. "It is the reality we find ourselves in."

She goes on to explain further, telling you more of the situation at hand. The vessel is not only home to hundreds, but also a beacon of hope in an otherwise bleak world. It's hard to blame them, given how Alyssa explains that most of this world is covered in water. The seas seem to shift on their own accord, constantly revealing and swallowing away new lands to explore. It's almost hard to believe, and apparently it showed in your expression. Officer Alyssa gives a stern look, continuing.

"I arrived in a similar way to you. Believe me when I say that the situation is as serious as it can be. This ship has been in active operation like this for a few years now, and many of us are damned determined to keep it this way. The little land we've come across haven't all harbored friendly life; as such, we take what we need and keep sailing."

Her expression softens for a moment and she clears her throat, shifting the dagger sheath on her belt idly. "Unfortunately, the U.S.S Enterprise is rife with infighting nowadays. That, coupled with food shortages and fuel concerns…" She cocks a brow at you, seeming to examine you up and down. "I and the other officers are unsure how many more… anomalies like you we can afford to take on."

Officer Alyssa sighs, shaking her head. "Regardless, welcome aboard. Make yourself useful, will ya? We can't afford much more dead weight." She deadpans, beginning to turn to leave. "Oh, and I do hope you like fish. You'll be having a lot of that here."

---​

Welcome to the world of Seaborne! A roleplay that takes largely on a naval craft akin to the vessel of the same name, I aim to make Seaborne a dynamic RP environment that will allow for the introduction of new landscapes and environments to keep the game fresh.

With that said, I also want Seaborne to be a rather lax environment in terms of what is and isn't allowed character-wise. Original characters and characters from preexisting media are welcome; HOWEVER, Seaborne aims to be fairly serious in terms of characters. No meme characters here, kiddos.

In terms of players and posting expectancy, I already have the interest from a few other folks behind the scenes, totaling up to about four players so far including myself. I'm not sure what kind of interest this will get, but I'll probably be opting not to go past 10-12 or so players. As such, player slots won't be first come first serve. I'm looking for players that are willing to stick around, maybe interact OOC, and otherwise be an active player force within the world of Seaborne. As far as posting frequency, I'd like people that would be able to get maybe a couple good solid posts out a week or so. There's leniency, of course; I understand that not everyone's muse cooperates or that real life stuff comes up. That's just a general guideline.

Hopefully that hasn't scared too many people away! I'm still taking suggestions to the lore and such. Thank you for reading this!

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: Banana-senpai
Even without knowing what awaits the ship, very interesting premise. :D

Oooh, this seems interesting so far! Glad you're accepting original characters for this thing, since I don't usually play canon characters much. Can't wait to see how this goes!

Even without knowing what awaits the ship, very interesting premise. :D
Oooh, this seems interesting so far! Glad you're accepting original characters for this thing, since I don't usually play canon characters much. Can't wait to see how this goes!
Thank you for your interest! ^^ If you all are interested, I can shoot you guys a tag if this gets off the ground.

That would be lovely, thank you!

Reactions: Kaide`
I wonder, would you prefer a character that fits the whole sea/captain/crew motif(this character has a ship of her own) or would you prefer the players just pick whatever character they want?

But yeah if I decide on the latter I'll probably go with Ben 10.

I wonder, would you prefer a character that fits the whole sea/captain/crew motif(this character has a ship of her own) or would you prefer the players just pick whatever character they want?

But yeah if I decide on the latter I'll probably go with Ben 10.
I don't really have a preference for the types of characters played, so feel free to go with whatever you think would be most interesting. It's been a long while since I've seen anything Ben 10 lmao.

Well, Ben 10 I shall play then.

Hey, this sounds fun! I've been looking for something to stretch my fandom-writing muscles, so to speak. Not to mention my first roleplay on this site. If you don't mind someone new to the scene, consider me interested! (I'll be playing a Touhou character. might as well be an original character due to the unpopular fandom though)

Last edited by a moderator:
Wowza! Looks like you put a lot of thought into this little group role-play. I must say, it looks very interesting and could provide lots of opportunity for rp!

I have a quick question,
due to the fact that they're on a ship, I assume people/characters will have to know about ships (starboard bow, etc) so that it can function n stuff? Or are there an abundance of NPC's for that?

Any insight would be much appreciated. Really would love to participate!

*interest has been piqued*
Hey, this sounds fun! I've been looking for something to stretch my fandom-writing muscles, so to speak. Not to mention my first roleplay on this site. If you don't mind someone new to the scene, consider me interested! (I'll be playing a Touhou character. might as well be an original character due to the unpopular fandom though)
Expressing interest.
Thank you! I'll shoot you all a tag once I get the sign-ups ready. And Sumirenko, I hardly mind that you're new to the scene. Should be interesting to see some Touhou in the bunch!

Wowza! Looks like you put a lot of thought into this little group role-play. I must say, it looks very interesting and could provide lots of opportunity for rp!

I have a quick question,
due to the fact that they're on a ship, I assume people/characters will have to know about ships (starboard bow, etc) so that it can function n stuff? Or are there an abundance of NPC's for that?

Any insight would be much appreciated. Really would love to participate!
Knowledge like that isn't required for both characters/people. Most of the nitty gritty of the ship's operation will be handled behind the scenes unless a scenario explicitly calls for it otherwise. If need be, research on the matter can be done IC or OOC. ^^

• Love
Reactions: Sumirenko
Thanks. Is it possible for me to do a character having a theme around cars?

Well in that case, Kaide, I'd love to join whenever you get the sign-ups completed!

Thanks. Is it possible for me to do a character having a theme around cars?
By all means, go ahead. I'm aiming to be pretty lax on what kinda characters are allowed. So go wild. ^^
Well in that case, Kaide, I'd love to join whenever you get the sign-ups completed!
Thanks! I'll shoot you a tag once they're up.

On that note, we're approaching around the cap of players I'd be comfortable GMing for. I'll be working on getting the sign-ups ready, which will be by invite only. So congrats to everyone that's expressed interest thus far! You've secured a spot in Seaborne.

On that note, we're approaching around the cap of players I'd be comfortable GMing for. I'll be working on getting the sign-ups ready, which will be by invite only. So congrats to everyone that's expressed interest thus far! You've secured a spot in Seaborne.
Nice! I'm really looking forward to it.

Hm....can your boat handle one more? Interest check is interesting.

Also, the sea vessel definitely isn't the first thing I think of when I hear "USS Enterprise"....
a01bb1ba07757795850c411fb2865ed1.jpg
....but maybe that's just me.

• Love
Reactions: Navuso
Hm....can your boat handle one more? Interest check is interesting.

Also, the sea vessel definitely isn't the first thing I think of when I hear "USS Enterprise"....
a01bb1ba07757795850c411fb2865ed1.jpg
....but maybe that's just me.
You're not the only one :' )
But yes, you're free to join up if you'd like to!

Reactions: Luma
Status
Not open for further replies.