The sea of bodies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Save me a female dwarf!! I will post a CS as soon as possible, I tried earlier but my laptop broke right when I was halfway through my biograhpy....
Oh god, that's a terrible thing to happen. I was wondering where you had gone as well xD. Well glad you're back.

Name: Reina Lockheart

Race: Dwarf

Merged (Y,N?): No

Mage (Y,N?): Yes, focusing on travel and flame magic, and was born with the ability to heal.

Appearance: Reina is shorter in height, standing only 4" tall. She has long brown hair that hangs down to about her mid back. She is usually wearing leather cuffs tightly around her petite wrists, supporting her so during combat she doesn't damnage her bones. She wears a dark, dirty shade of green shirt that is sleeveless and tightly wraps her body. Over top of that she wears a cloth vest that has a big hood on it that is usually up and covering her face. She uses duel wielding iron swords in combat and has both securely in their holisters on her back. She is skilled in archery but never carries a bow or arrows. Her eyes are a dark brown colour, appearing black in certain lighting. She has two overlapping scars across her cheek that appear in an X shape on an angle. She wears long pants that hang loose, complimenting her combat boots with leather straps. In intensifying situations, Reina will put her hair up. She is pale toned but is said to be extremely warm to the touch.

Personality: Reina is a poker faced girl, only ever showing emotions in the most desperate situations or if those feelings are strong enough to overpower her large ego. She is very sarcastic and often gives people the cold shoulder. She is very strict when it comes to her abilities and if she is given a task. She finds she works better with somebody opposite to her personality. She has a higher tolerance level with them and finds it easier to stay patient and calm. But she often gets irritated by those as stubborn and controlling as she is and will become extremely self confident and try to do things on her own. She has a bad habit of rushing into things and getting herself injured. She needs someone who can keep her out of trouble without pushing her to try and rush even faster. Reina is very curious, which is another reason she can easily get into trouble. She also has this strange urge to always want nothing more than to impress people. She cannot stand being underestimated. Discrimination is understandable, because she is a dwarf after all, but if she is called anything along the lines of weak, she will not hesitate to prove herself and kick butt. She doesn't like nicknames, which includes being called things complimentary, such as cute.

Biography: Reina was raised in a small clan of dwarves that lived in the woods. Their lives were boring, not many people there would go out and play or talk to one another. They were all so busy doing their part in the economy. Her mother was a mage as well but decided she would remain uneducated. This made her vulnerable and her mother was merged and killed as result. Her father, being but a simple worker, put Reina into a mage school as soon as he learned of her abilities and how she could learn and use magic. She left home at the age of 18 and is living on her own now, continuing to go to school as to not lose herself the way she lost her mother, and just fending for herself, protecting herself from anyone or anything.
General Idea of Appearance:
hs1gyVjCHK5toYbj9

The amount of detail in Reina's personality is impressive. I have to admit, all of the Character Sheets thus far seem to be really promising!

Furthermore, @HellHoundWoof - Loque appears to have worked in the mines with '91. At least, he worked in a mine with a dwarven taskmaster. I'd love to have their backstories mixed; '91 wouldn't actually be all that enthusiastic about making friends or breaking rules, but Loque seems to be a bit more independent and is starting to come to terms with his individuality, also showing scope for pity or compassion...perhaps the two 'know' each-other and stick together? Very much in the same way two children in an unfamiliar area will stay near each other for comfort. I think it'd be beautifully tragic.

Your call, though, since it's also your character. I'm really open for any ideas at the moment, since we're so early into the CS-making part of an RP.

Last edited:
The amount of detail in Reina's personality is impressive. I have to admit, all of the Character Sheets thus far seem to be really promising!

Furthermore, @HellHoundWoof - Loque appears to have worked in the mines with '91. At least, he worked in a mine with a dwarven taskmaster. I'd love to have their backstories mixed; '91 wouldn't actually be all that enthusiastic about making friends or breaking rules, but Loque seems to be a bit more independent and is starting to come to terms with his individuality, also showing scope for pity or compassion...perhaps the two 'know' each-other and stick together? Very much in the same way two children in an unfamiliar area will stay near each other for comfort. I think it'd be beautifully tragic.

Your call, though, since it's also your character. I'm really open for any ideas at the moment, since we're so early into the CS-making part of an RP.
Loque/1178 would likely know her, or she would know him. He's one of the bigger people around. Especially in a mine.

Loque/1178 would likely know her, or she would know him. He's one of the bigger people around. Especially in a mine.
Ah, that makes things much easier. Survival instinct - huddle around the bigger ones.

And of course if she tells anyone he has a name he'll snap her twig like neck. But they'll be friends.

And of course if she tells anyone he has a name he'll snap her twig like neck. But they'll be friends.
It'd be cute if she did know, and the sad part if she doesn't have anyone to tell, so his secret's safe with her!

Wow, I have been getting no alerts from this ;-; I knew I shouldn't have trusted them, okay uhm, going to look at the stuff, I'm sorry.

Hello! I would like to request a female Bixvul to participate in The Sea of Bodies, if you will. ^u^ I also have a couple of questions to ask you. For instance, what POV is preferred for this RP? I inferred it was third POV, but I wanted to make sure. Additionally, is it in paragraph form? Also, you mentioned that Bixvul have three legs, am I right? Could you describe that further for me? Are these legs like that of an insect, such as a Praying Mantis? That is what I imagined but...
Also, the Bixvul were said to have only resided on the continent for two years. I am a bit confused about what this means for the ages of the Bixvul. Are the Bixvul all two years old then? Did they suddenly appear on the continent, or come from another, perhaps? I have a headcanon that they emerged from underground, and I wondered what your thoughts on that idea might be?

I do prefer a third POV for this roleplay, but in the end I suppose it is your choice.

As it was mentioned the Bixvul have a huge individuality from each other, they do have three legs, but their legs' appearance vary.

The Bixvul did come from the ground, with no concept of infancy, fully developed upon "hatching".

I'll provably put more info in the overview sometime soon. For now I hope this answered your questions.

I do prefer a third POV for this roleplay, but in the end I suppose it is your choice.

As it was mentioned the Bixvul have a huge individuality from each other, they do have three legs, but their legs' appearance vary.

The Bixvul did come from the ground, with no concept of infancy, fully developed upon "hatching".

I'll provably put more info in the overview sometime soon. For now I hope this answered your questions.

Thank you for clearing up those things for me! Um, would you allow me to post my CS here? ^ ^

Name: Demiti Caeron
Race: Bixvul
Merged (Y,N?): No
Mage (Y,N?): Yes, engaged in Travel magic, and born with innate empathic abilities, aura reading.

Appearance: A Bixvul with a strongly felt presence that captivates or intimidates others in the same vicinity. Demiti has sprouted to be a full 6ft individual. Her body is stretched quite tall, with most of the weight resting in the more feminine areas of her anatomy. Her exterior is almost translucent, having a milky pastel green in color and possessing the same texture that one might feel on wood, with long dark leaves growing like a protective suit around her torso, arms, and legs. Her body is also ordained in little vermillion thorns for protection from outsiders that grow back if they happen to come off. Her legs resemble an insect more than any homo sapien, the third leg acting like a tail to keep her in balance.
Her expression is constantly in flux with her vast range of emotions. Her teeth are made of another translucent type of thorn. She has no visible nose. Her hair (if you will call it that) is made up of plush, indigo petals that hang like tendrils down to her back. Some of the smaller petals are tightly twisted into a crown braid at the back of her head, with a few wisps tangling past her long, delicate wing-like ears.
There is a certain magnetism deep in the light orchid hues of her eyes that sparks interest or fear when one is face to face with this Bixvul. Her eyes resemble an insect or a Grey Alien. She uses travel magic along with energy (Mana or Chi) she generates through meditative concentration, and uses it for defense mainly . She soars like a bullet through the bodies of others and slams them with her energy orbs, knocking them over, leaving them unconscious, and if she has really charged up and exerted herself; killing them.

Personality: Demi has an innate sixth sense about her which tends to either lure someone to her side or send them running home. A soft-spoken Bixvul, she prefers to work behind the curtains and watch from a distance, rather than deal with confrontation. Her love for philosophy and metaphysics shows in everything she does or says; it is what brings her life. Though she may seem guarded and even a bit "icy" at times, Demiti does enjoy a good laugh, and humor is something she has always appreciated when someone is trying to get to know her. Demiti values trust and loyalty above anything else, and secretly fears that if she is betrayed it will ultimately become her impending doom, and so she is very wary and slow to let her guard down around strangers, much less trust them. Her voice is always full of wisdom and expression.
Demiti is naturally keen to the desires of others, and can easily read the emotional mood of the room, or the subtext lying beneath another's words. This can perturb others, which is another reason why she seldom allows herself to speculate aloud. She is greatly fond of children from all races and backgrounds, tending to coddle them even if they may not wish for it. Her demon makes it difficult for her to socialize with other individuals or form camaraderie. This is because her demon is extremely possessive of her, and is reluctant to allow her to spend time with or befriend another soul, and this has greatly soured her relationships, unfortunately.

Biography: Since Demi's upbringing she has familiarized herself with inhabiting a demon, and has found a sort of equilibrium between the two of them. Demiti goes to the central academy of Codeame, and is refining her traveling magic skills while making a living organizing books at the Codeame Athenaeum. A wallflower at social events, and an attentive, nonpartisan pupil in the classroom. In her two years of life on Aksoame, she has felt civil unrest between the people and the hierarchy that segregates them, but has never mentioned her gut feelings to anyone beside her Demon, Selkis. She has a profound and intimate relationship with Selkis, regardless of her demon's jealous nature and possessive tendencies.

@QwibQwib

Last edited by a moderator:
@Jinzou

Accepted!

So uhm.. how many more do you think we should wait for before we start? Or should we start somewhat now? People are sort of not joining very quickly on here.

@Jinzou

Accepted!

So uhm.. how many more do you think we should wait for before we start? Or should we start somewhat now? People are sort of not joining very quickly on here.

Ah, true. Well, when you conjoured The Sea of Bodies in your mind, how many RP'ers did you imagine were participating? Do you have a usual preference for either a small RP group or a bigger RP group?
@QwibQwib

A small one is my ideal, limit of seven, I suppose now would be an okay amount of people to start..

Yeah.. I'll just do it. Will have a post up sometime..

Yesterday I said today, but stuff happeened, as soon as possible, I'm soz.

Reactions: Jinzou
Status
Not open for further replies.