The Scrolls of Gelbaron: The Forsaken Saga (Sign Up/OoC|Open)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I was basing the ideas of the race on nagas as it's a lot better than the initial idea I had for them (reptilian humanoids). As for the character sheets, posting them here is fine.

M3

I was just thinking but 8 foot is kinda small for a naga, I mean that's 1'6" taller than me, that's a super short tail considering they move on it.

Yeah, now thinking about it, that figure definitely is small for them, considering that they do have the upper torso of an average human. I shall be increasing the total length from 8'0" to around... 15'0" from head to tail? It's probably a better number than the one already in there at the moment.

M3

Yeah, now thinking about it, that figure definitely is small for them, considering that they do have the upper torso of an average human. I shall be increasing the total length from 8'0" to around... 15'0" from head to tail? It's probably a better number than the one already in there at the moment.
Yup that sounds good ^-^

7c8nywy.jpg

General Information
Character Name:
Lady Caoilainn Aileen Maeve of the Silver Birches
Nickname: Cailinn (feel free to make your own variant after she introduces herself)
Race: Silvæan
Sexual Orientation: Heterosexual

Physical Characteristics
Height:
170 cm (I believe that would be 5"6 feet in your odd English system)
Weight: 58 kg (128 pounds)
Eyes: Her almond-shaped eyes posses the light, silver colour inherent to her race.
Hair: Her long hair is a tad darker shade of silver when compared to her eyes. Caoilainn prefers to keep it in a long braid, as it tends to get in the way when travelling, performing magic or studying. When she finds a moment to relax, she simply lets it hang loose in a glittering waterfall of silver. She takes great pride in her appearance and thus she'll always try her best to keep both her hair and body in a good condition. However, some past experiences have made her wary of displaying her beauty in public, and thus she prefers to wear a hood covering her hair entirely when she isn't in Silvæan territory.
Appearance: Gifted with the characteristics of her people, Cailinn is blessed with beautifully symmetric features and a slim, almost frail looking body. Over the years she has acquired a fair set of muscles, though one would certainly not describe her as muscularly.

When the occasion requires it, she prefers to wear dresses in pastel shades that compliment her natural beauty. When travelling however, she dresses in baggy clothes that only have to meet two conditions; being practical and being comfortable.

Mental Characteristics
Outer Personality:

Caoilainn usually gives off an air of superiority, mostly towards any who do not belong to the race of Silvæan. She has an iron will and is used to people obeying her wishes. This can be ascribed either to her noble lineage or simply the characteristic her race is known for.
Inner Personality:
While Caoilainn does prefers the company of Silvæans over any other, she certainly doesn't look down on other races. She simply carries herself in a way that is perceived as conceited by others. The few moments that her lips form into a smile, her true, gentle, slightly shy nature shows itself.
Aspirations:
Cailinn's deepest desire is to discover the secret of immortality, thus she seeks to find the necessary strength to survive the Eternal Life ritual in the limited time span she still has.

Traits
Strengths:

• Knowledge: De to her insatiable curiosity, Cailinn has learned a large amount of things about the world and the different people that inhabit it.
  • Markswoman: She knows how to properly deal with a bow and arrows, and years and years of training have made her somewhat of a markswoman.
  • Magic: She possesses the rare magical ability of her race, allowing her to bend ordinary types of metal according to her will and use teleportation magic. She is still working on controlling fast moving metal objects, which might aid her in her shooting. She has nearly perfected her teleportation magic, but it will cost her a lot of magic and thus she won't be able to use it that often.
Weaknesses:
  • Haunted: She has many insecurities that haunt her, as well as a constant burden of her responsibilities, which press heavily on her shoulders. She is always aware of her responsibilities and will never fail to act her part of a noble, suppressing the urge to break free entirely.
  • Outdoor life: Despite having travelled the world for the last four years, Cailinn has little knowledge regarding nature (with the exception of herbs). Besides this, she's unable to take care of herself due to always having the luxury of servants around her.
  • Sickly: Since her immune system is still rather weak, Cailinn will easily be struck by illnesses. This has however improved greatly since her childhood and the only true problem she still encounters is a lack of breath when she gets too excited.
Fears:
  • Tragedy striking her house
  • Failing her family
  • Falling in love with someone from another race
  • Death itself is her biggest fear (naturally)
  • Having to return home
Talents:
  • She has an amazing singing voice that seems to match her appearance.
  • Cailinn also has some knowledge regarding medicine, first aid and herbs.
Inabilities:
  • Lack of Strength: Due to her frail body, Caoilainn tends to get sick rather easily. Moreover, she's unable to handle heavy weapons and her bow has been modified to make sure she can pull the string with her small reserves of strength.
Equipment
  • Bow and arrows: This modified bow was especially made for her by a dear old friend of the family. Due to both its sentimental values and it being the only bow she can actually use, it's one of Cailinn's dearest possessions.
  • Two sets of clothing: Her servants used to carry several sets of clothing, two for every imaginable occasion. However, after travelling for the past four years, this collection has shrunken greatly to one set she wears when travelling and one formal outfit. The formal outfit is a rather plain, light green dress which compliments her frail body and silver hair and eyes. The informal outfit exists of an olive green well-worn cloak, which is held together by a silver pin in the shape of a birch, a woollen vest, loosely fitting trousers and a fair pair of leather boots.
  • Writing equipment: She keeps a notebook on her magical studies and she always has a pencil as well as some ink on her in case she makes a new discovery. In a second notebook, she keeps a travelling journal, noting anything noteworthy about new people she encounters, the habits and clothing of locals etc.
Short History
Caoilainn was born to the noble house of the Silver Birches, in the outstretched Jaeltreg forest near Silvae. She had no siblings and thus from birth, high expectations were placed upon the little girl. Unfortunately, it seemed like the lady would not be able to live up to those expectations, as she always had trouble with breathing. Moreover, her immune system wasn't capable of coping with the outdoor lifestyle the Silvae are accustomed to and Cailinn was forced to stay in bed most of her early youth. The best healers of the Silvæan were gathered to find a cure to lengthen the small girl's life, but to no avail. The girl would presumable only live to the age of ten, at most. Or at least it seemed that way.

As she had nothing to entertain her all day, servants would often read stories to the little noble. Due to this, Caoilainn heard a lot of tales about people in the world outside the Jaeltreg forest(, even of faraway places on other continents where there was no forest and only sand and eternal fire?!) Due to a lack of anything else to distract her, the little Silvæan girl started using her imagination to think of all these places her nurses told her about, happily enjoying that little distraction from her pains. Another distraction revealed itself when she discovered that she had the ability to bend metal shapes according to her will. Practicing it on anything in her room, it became rather obvious that the girl had magical gifts. There was no denying her powers after Cailinn's nurses found her at the age of four, surrounded by three small metal snakes (bearing striking resemblances to the knife, spoon and fork she used for dinner) were chasing one another on her bed. After this incident, a teacher in the art of Silvæan magic was called upon to learn the little girl all there is to this rare and sacred form of magic. Cailinn proved to be a good student, especially since she had all the time in the world to practice. However, her teacher told her that due to her physical state, she would never be able to reach her full potential as a magic user.

On a fateful day, when Cailinn was almost seven years old, her condition declined to a point where it seemed that her time on Gelbaron had come to an end. In tears, her parents asked her what she wanted to do before death would come and take her. Her weak answer was "To explore the world." Knowing that they wouldn't be able to fulfil that wish before death would come to take their daughter away, her parents promised her that if she tried really hard to get better soon, they would take her to explore the world.

Through what the healers have called a small miracle, by the age of eight, Cailinn's immune system had improved extraordinary. Due to this, she was even able to go outside, though playing like other children was still an impossibility. Overjoyed even at the sight of the forest from any perspective other than out of her bedroom window, Cailinn's health steadily increased over the years.

At the age of fifteen, the frail girl had grown into a relatively strong young woman, despite suffering from a breathing problems from time to time. At this age, she confronted her parents with the wish they had promised to fulfil all those years ago. Despite her parents having quite a different idea about her future, they agreed after a lot of discussion and pouting, on a few conditions.

Cailinn was allowed to explore the world to her heart's content, though she should report back home from time to time (this was a relatively easy task, seeing how she could be back home in the blink of an eye with her teleportation magic). She also was only allowed to travel until her twenty-first nameday. After this, she was to return home once and for all and see to it that the clan would have an heir. Happily agreeing to these terms, Cailinn began her adventure, and while her parents weren't able to join her due to their responsibilities, three guards and two maids were sent along with the lady to make sure nothing would harm her.

During the travels, Cailinn travelled through the continent of Gelbeterron, amazed and filled with wonder at everything she saw. Two of her guards and a maid died after several bandit attacks and the passing of time, after which Adairin consented to teach Cailinn how to use daggers and he has helped her to improve her archery skills as well. These shocking experiences have however done nothing to stop the young Silvæan from travelling and it only hardened her resolve to learn how to protect herself. For some reason the freedom seems to have done her good, improving her personality and her physical condition. Now that she has reached the blessed age of nineteen, Cailinn rarely has problems with her health. However, at this age and after the recent death of her mother, Cailinn has started to worry about her race's short lifespan, and particularly her own. Unsure of where to go next, she is holding all options open, though she only has one goal in mind. Finding something to lengthen her life on Gelbaron.

Other Information
For the sake of having some nice background music while reading the CS ^_^

Cailinn has two servants that aid her:

• Meròwyn
    Cailinn's 18-year-old maid as well as her most trusted friend. She sees to it that Cailinn keeps a well-maintained appearance and never ceases to act like a lady. The one thing Meròwyn hates the most, is camping. Unfortunately, she has had to endure a lot of outdoor camping with her ladyship. She's more open-minded to other races than their third companion, but not half as friendly as Cailinn.
  • Adairin
    A relatively old guard who has been appointed to keep the lady safe. After losing his colleague and old friend Arvid to a bandit attack two year ago, he consented to teach the Lady how to defend herself. Despite appearing to be a grumpy old man, Adairin has a heart of gold and is extremely gentle towards his own kind. To other races however, he confirms the statement that the Silvæan are subject to extreme conceitedness.

Last edited:
Hey there, Alida.

Your character looks good. It is interesting to see the aspect of the illness. I do not mind if the character is sickly or not as constitution is just an indicator (as mentioned in #2, one can increase their constitution, therefore their spirit, to a limit where the average is 150% of birth). Besides, the use of mana crystals can help cast larger spells if needs be (mentioned in #4). As for the race having nobles, you assumed correctly so I am fine with those details. Finally, it's fine to create the NPCs that you have for Cailinn, with Rule 4 saying this. As long as they remain NPCs throughout the RP, then they can remain on the sheet.

If you are going to make any changes, just let me know. As she sits at the moment, I can happily accept her to the RP :)

M3

Dear Mercinus,

Yay x3!
That's great to hear, thank you very much Mercinus :D I'm really happy that she was accepted!
I'll be sure to let you know if I make any more changes. I can't wait to start writing for this roleplay and see what the others come up with ^_^

Reactions: Mercinus3
That's not a problem, Alida. She was a nice character sheet to read (compared with a sheet that I had to read on another forum for this RP). I will certainly be looking forward to RPing with her with Auroreon in the future.

I will also be looking forward to the other characters that are to be posted on this thread in the future.

M3

I would love to join! And if the rp for some reason fizzles and dies like soda in a fridge, then I want to steal your idea and make it into a movie because HOLY GUACAMOLE but this is some good stuff.

Hey there, PostingOwl.

I'm glad that you are interested in the RP and I would be happy for you to join the RP.

M3

Can I join?
This role-play looks rather interesting.​

You are more than welcome to join the RP, Incandescent :)

M3

I was quite unsure whether it was okay for me to create a Priestess of the Silavean Temple.
If there is anything iffy with my CS please inform me and I shall change it.
2e3q3pc.jpg

General Information
Character Name: Aurora Sanator
Title: High Priestess Aurora of the Silvaeans, Communicator of the Gods
Race: Silvaeans
Sexual Orientation: Poly-sexual
Profession: Silvaean Priestess
Physical Characteristics

Height: 5'6" Ft
Weight: 112 Lbs
Eyes: Silver blue iris that is framed by long thick lashes.
Hair: Pale blue hair that falls down to her waist.
Appearance: The woman is a curvy woman, she has no muscles not even a toned body. Her pale alabaster skin is soft and smooth to touch. Her body has a fair share of small scars and one tribal tattoo that starts from her ankles to her thigh. She is usually seen wearing a white linen tube top and a long skirt either blue or white. She also has a bracelet that is worn on the upper part of her arm. The blue hair she owns is usually put up in a nice braid.
Mental Characteristics

Outer Personality: Aurora the young Priestess is well-known for her generosity and everlasting kindness to all races -- poor, weak, deformed, rich, or the disabled she will treat you with kindness. She upholds a mother figure with the kindness she gives. People are easily heart warmed with her kind gestures and sweet compliments. Along with her kindness she is a serious woman who takes her Priestess work quite seriously and would prefer it if nobody would bother her when she is praying. If this does happen she will simply ignore you.
Inner Personality: The woman is truly ambitious. She struggles everyday to reach her goal. Despite having a kind persona the woman prefers to stick with her own kind not having any other relations with other kinds. She feels uncomfortable with other species due to the fact that she isn't knowledgeable as them as she is to her own species. The woman puts on a rather fearful demeanor but in truth she fears absolutely nothing. She is willing to die trying to communicate to the Gods or try to master the Ritual of Eternal Light.
Aspirations: Her ambitions are to become the first and last Priestess of the Silvaean Temple. She will master the Ritual of Eternal Light and keep her title.
Traits

Strengths:

• Healing; As a priestess she was told to learn how to wield healing magic. In the three years of learning she is a skilled healer.
  • Rituals; Her knowledge of her kind expands to rituals. She is able to do a variety of rituals that her species s well-known for. She currently dabbles in the immortality ritual.
  • Holy Beings; Aurora is well-known for her ability to communicate to Gods. A rare specialty she has practiced the day she was brought into the temple. However this ability allows deities to take over her body.
Weaknesses:
  • Pacifist; During her younger days she's been told that fighting is a sin. A man who fights is a man who sins, she's been told. The young girl dare not to lay a hand to a single living thing, as she fears that she will sin.
  • Temple Priestess; She is bound to the temple by a contract. No matter what she must never leave until she dies. The woman is unable to leave town due to the temple. If she once leaves the entities and deities will haunt her.
  • Gullible; The girl easily falls for anything anybody says.
Fears:
  • Being engulfed by dark spirits.
  • Losing her title as Priestess.
  • Having her mental and physical self corrupted.
Talents:
  • Aurora is a talented dancer.
  • Has a large knowledge of myths, folklore, and people of Silvaean.
  • Can tell the difference between herbs and plants.
Inabilities:
  • Aurora cannot find herself hurting another being or animal.
  • Sea Sickness; Aurora cannot handle being in a boat. She easily gets sick.
Equipment:
  • Herbs/Medicine/Bandages; A variety of herbs, medicine, and bandages are placed inside a sack she carries with her whenever she must part with the temple.
  • Cloak; A cloak woven by silver thread, a strange material that is brought from a Silvaean cloak maker. This cloak has strange enchantments on it to keep the wearer safe from harm. The cloak has a silver color with a design of the temples sigil, which is a gold and pale blue flower.
  • Cane: A wooden cane forged from the elder oak. The cane is given to past Priest or Priestess'. The cane has Silvaean tongue on it. The words are ancient letters from the olden times. The one who possess the cane is able to unlock the secrets of healing magic and Silvaean history that was undocumented.
Short History
Born within the brothel Aurora's mother was pregnant with a foreign man's child. The child was different than any other silvaean, she had blue hair with a silver tint. Her mother and the brothel girls were all surprised. The child was different. Her mother wasn't sure whether to raise her daughter as her own or give her away. In her condition she wasn't fit to take care of a child. So her mother fled the brothel at night to give her to the main temple. She left Aurora in a woven basket that was draped with pale blue cloths. The baby slept through the entire night with no troubles. The next morning a monk found her awake and confused. The child didn't cry strangely, she was rather obedient and silent.

The monk presented the child to the Priest at the time. The Priest was baffled at the sight of the child's hair. But the Priest did not exile her from the temple, instead he welcomed her. At first he was rather shocked but it simmered down rather quickly. The child was raised in the church. During her young years she was taught to speak, read, and write. Most young girls were not as lucky as her, to be able to read or write was a luxury. She lived a rather luxurious life in the temple walls.

One day while she read books about folklore a monk came in coughing multiple time, one of the times he began to cough up blood. Aurora was rather scared frightened confused as to what to do. She was never taught how to heal people at this age. Her small voice yelled for help multiple times but nothing. So she rushed to his side. The monk was already on the floor not moving. Luckily the man was still breathing. She went on her knees frantically looking at the monks unconscious body. Not knowing what to do the girl stood up dancing around the body, speaking in a foreign tongue unknown to silvaean. As she did this a sudden sensation surged through her body that flowed from her to the words she spoke. The words she spoke eventually lead to the man. By the time she finished her body collapsed onto the floor.

The monk woke up with blood on the corner of his lips. He then found Aurora on the ground sleeping. The monk then told the Priest what happened. The monk accidentally ate poisonous plant that caused him to become sick. The Priest was rather appalled to see a young girl like Aurora preform such high healing magic. Indeed she was special, too special.

As Aurora becomes older her magic becomes stronger. Due to this the Priest took her in and began to train her into becoming the next Head of the Temple. Everyday she read books, practice foreign magic, and learned about herbs and medicine. When the time came for the Priest to meet his demise they began the ritual. Aurora and the Priest met face to face in the elder tree of Silavean that rests in the heart of the temple. Her silver blue eyes looked at the Priests silver eyes that could no longer see. Both her and the priest placed their hand on the tree and said their vows and departure. Wisdom and power from the last Priest was devoured by the tree and into Aurora.

After the ritual she was given the title, Priestess Aurora. The first ever female Priest. This was a great honor however many people disapproved of a woman being given a high title. Many threats and death notes were sent to the temple. People spoke that she was never a true Priest, that she cannot bear great power. Until she gathered all people of Silavean to witness her abilities to prove herself to the people. The people sent her a weak and ill child. Aurora placed her hand over the child's head and whispered the foreign tongue. The child coughed slowly at the end of her incantation. The crowd looked at the child with eager faces. The child looked at the crowd and smiled big. Nobody ever doubted Aurora.

Within eight years she has mastered rituals, communicating deities, the only thing missing is mastering the Ritual of Eternal Light. The girl wishes to master the ritual and live forever being the Silaveans Priestess till the world rots.

Other Information
Most likely be edited.

Hey there Incandescent,

The sheet is nice to read. I do, however, have a few questions and a couple of corrections to the sheet before she is accepted.

1. You have mentioned that she is a Silvæan, but from the looks of the rest of the profile, she might be a half-Silvæan. Could you clarify on what race she is (seeing as pure Silvæans have silver hair and eyes with no tint at all whereas a half-Silvæan would have either silver hair or silver eyes. The tint is something I haven't thought about).
  2. The healing magic that you mentioned in the CS would be classed as Light Elemental Magic. Could you note this to signify this?
  3. What do you mean by 'First and Last' Priestess? That ambition is confusing for me to read.
  4. This is partially due to me not having worked on the Deities yet, but how would communicating with the gods be useful as a skill? Does the Temple have their own deity that they worship? If the latter question is yes, please note that in the Extras section of the CS.
  5. Another confusing and slightly worrying thing that I have noticed is the weakness in being the Temple Priestess and being confined to the temple. As this RP was last classified as an Epic Quest, being confined to one location is definitely a problem for me as we will be going to more than one continent in the RP. This weakness needs to be changed or omitted from the CS.
Feel free to ask me any questions if any of the above is a little confusing :)

M3

You are more than able to have the void creature, Owl :)

M3

aurora.jpg
General Information
Character Name: Aurora "Rora" Belindor

Race: Human
Sexual Orientation: BI

Physical Characteristics
Height: 5'6"

Weight: 132Lbs
Eyes: Bright emerald green|Heart Shaped|Their always very expressive
Hair: Falls down a little past her waist|Thick and Wavy|Dirty blonde with natural highlights.

Appearance: Aurora has a slim but muscular build with an hourglass figure, though not much muscle. She has a heart shaped face, soft pale skin, and pouty lips. A small less than 1 inch faded scar can be seen on her right jawline. Another thin faded scar runs from the right side of her collar bone to the middle of her upper chest. She keeps a hunter green with a black outline of a skull bandanna tied around her neck when she doesnt use it to cover her mouth/nose.

Mental Characteristics
Outer Personality:
Sweet to almost anyone, stubborn nearly to a fault, doesnt show her true feelings often especially to strangers. Protective of those she cares for, and even strangers at time. Adamantly against bullies, racism, sexists, cruelty, and outright jerks. She hates being judged and labeled. Shes often unpredictable, most people never know what she'll do or how she'll react unless they've been around her long enough. Shes smart in she uses her brain before charging into every situation, but shes no genius. She seems to have a wisdom beyond her years but this doesnt always help her, more like it helps others around her when they want advice. Fearless, she would take on a raging herd of bulls if it meant helping someone.

Inner Personality:
Shes constantly afraid shes going to do something wrong or be helpless. She worries over others much too much. Shes actually very sensitive but she tries not to show it, thinking it stupid and weak. She cant stand being looked down on thus shes stubborn in almost everything. She has a soft spot for animals, finding comfort in their presence. Though she loves children they scare her since she hasnt been around many, especially small ones.

Aspirations: To live for some worth while, not for the glory or riches, but to be the change she wants to see in others.

Traits
Strengths: Calm Mind - Can keep her cool and work out a plan in the more dire of situations, this seems to effect the people around her, getting them to focus as well. Helps with fights too.

Speed/Agility - Very agile, shes good at dodging and being flexible. Quite fast too, her strikes are like lightning.

First Aid - Has extensive knowledge in first aid as well as herbalism for medicines.

Animal Whisperer - Uncannily good with animals, they seem naturally attracted to her.

Weaknesses: Strength - Shes not very strong physically.

Children/Animals - Has a soft spot for these so they can used against her.

Archery - Very poor Archer, her skills lye in melee.

Fears - With some of her fears she tends to lose her cool, such as spiders or being raped.

Fears: Spiders/bugs, being restrained/held down, imprisonment, hurting someone she cares for, losing someone, being helpless, being raped, the pitch dark - when alone.

Talents: Expert Swordsman - Has extensive skill in Swordsmanship but can still use some training.

Dueling Wielding - Good

Herbalist/Medicine - Expert

Excellent Cook and Singer

Inabilities:
Archery/Marksmanship

Has potential for magic but no training or knowledge of it

Bad hunter - Hates killing animals but will if she has to, reluctantly.

Equipment
fantasy__leather_armor_by_i_tavaron_i-d4xpsnf.jpg - (She doesnt wear the helmet very much though) Medium leather armor, it can take a few hits but wont withstand a good jab or bullet. Its mostly light weight and flexible for speed/agility.
Green Cloak
Ágria Drákous(Wild Dragons) - Finely crafted Twin short Swords that she keeps sheathed in a X across her back
Dragon Breath Opal Necklace - A necklace she always wears, its the only family heirloom she has.

Short History
Will rp this

Other Information
TBA (if I can think of anything)

Last edited:
Reactions: Mercinus3
Done with my CS, hope its okay =)

Hey there, Soñar.

I am more than happy for you to develop the history throughout the RP. The Short History is just a summary on the character into how they became who they are, but if you think it's better to be RP that, it is fine by me. Everything looks fine apart from one thing: Chiborata Queldensoz is actually unavailable to use as this is a part of the plot during the RP. If you really want the weapon for your character, just say it is and I'd be more than happy to change it though I'd prefer if the weapon remains in the plot itself. Other than that, I can see no immediate problem with your character. Just let me know when the above correction(?) is done and I'l add it to the cast list.

M3

Reactions: ≈Evërlastiπg≈
Hey there, Soñar.

I am more than happy for you to develop the history throughout the RP. The Short History is just a summary on the character into how they became who they are, but if you think it's better to be RP that, it is fine by me. Everything looks fine apart from one thing: Chiborata Queldensoz is actually unavailable to use as this is a part of the plot during the RP. If you really want the weapon for your character, just say it is and I'd be more than happy to change it though I'd prefer if the weapon remains in the plot itself. Other than that, I can see no immediate problem with your character. Just let me know when the above correction(?) is done and I'l add it to the cast list.

M3
Ah I wasn't sure with those weapons. I changed it. Id like to rp the history =)

Status
Not open for further replies.