The Scrolls of Gelbaron: The Forsaken Saga (Sign Up/OoC|Open)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys I think I might jo- *sees that most of the players are adults and backs away in teenage antisocialness.*

Lol @Headastator "adult" means that most of us are 18, 19 or 20, which isn't all that old (well, with the exception of Mercinus and Gardian).... There's no excuses...

JOOOOIIIIIIN UUUSSSS
*holds out cookies*

Last edited:
Eh, I might join but not right now, I've got about three different big rps going on and on top of schoolwork and all that stuff it's a little hard to catch up on. I'll probably make a CS once one of the others has finished thanks!

Hey! 23 is not that old :P

Yeah, there are a few Teens that have taken an interest in the RP (@TheBountyHunter being one of them), so you wouldn't be alone in the RP. However, it is understandable for not joining just yet due to school work and prior commitments. I do, however, look forward to you possibly joining the RP in the future :)

I do apologize for not responding earlier as my internet is temperamental (with one of my computers not being able to connect to the main router).

Soñar, The Forsaken Weapons are something that will be explained during the RP. Some of them are also wieldable right at the beginning of the RP as long as they are available (indicated underneath the pictures that are in my blog). With the corrections (as I am fine with your character's history to be RPed out), Aurora Belindor is accepted and will be added to the cast list.

To be a little pest, just a reminder to Bounty, @kikinki and @Temm that you can create CSs and @Incandescent that there are a few corrections that needs to be addressed on Page 2

M3

Yeah, there are a few Teens that have taken an interest in the RP (@TheBountyHunter being one of them), so you wouldn't be alone in the RP. However, it is understandable for not joining just yet due to school work and prior commitments. I do, however, look forward to you possibly joining the RP in the future :)
I do apologize for not responding earlier as my internet is temperamental (with one of my computers not being able to connect to the main router).
Soñar, The Forsaken Weapons are something that will be explained during the RP. Some of them are also wieldable right at the beginning of the RP as long as they are available (indicated underneath the pictures that are in my blog). With the corrections (as I am fine with your character's history to be RPed out), Aurora Belindor is accepted and will be added to the cast list.
To be a little pest, just a reminder to Bounty, @kikinki and @Temm that you can create CSs and @Incandescent that there are a few corrections that needs to be addressed on Page 2
Ah I see, that makes sense =) Yay! For some reason when I edited the weapon name it decided to make the link to her armor go haywire -.- BB codes hate me.

Hey I just turned 21! Not old....*Folds arms pouting childishly, grumbling* Kids these days....Jk lol

Yeah and then there's people who are young but really mature...

Of course I'm not one of them. But I like to pretend some times.

Reactions: ≈Evërlastiπg≈
Oh, my apologies, I was under the assumption this thread had died. I'll write a cs when I find the time.

PS: PostingOwl I love your new profile picture~

Yeah it really did. And thank you!

Also I'm getting so many alerts over the weekend and then none during the week. Kinda the opposite of my schedule...

Sorry I'm so slow.. Anyways, a couple of questions about Krimntaars, sorry if I've just missed the answers :)

- The average height and weight (around dwarven size?)
- where do they live
- do they have males and females like humans
- how long do the humans live, 60, 80, or even 100 (so I'll know when krimntaars can die of old age)

about the Carrefiers
- are they bred in some particular way or just picked up from the wilds and tamed
- how big are the antlers ( if I want one will I have to leave it outside every time there's a building because the antlers won't fit through the door?)
- is their nature more likely to be like `biting the hand that feeds them`, hating everyone around them, or bit of a grumpy dog like `I'll let you pet me this one time, but next time you're losing your hand` (Of course they're not all the same, just the general idea if they actually care about their riders)
- how intelligent are they (as in their rider falls down a cliff, can they get help or just sit there whining, or if they're really ill-bred would they just sneer from the top or have been the one who pushed them down that cliff in the first place?)

I'll try to get the cs done soon :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Excuse meeee, but has the roleplay begun already? This looks quite interesting and I think I have a character from another roleplay who just about fits the bill. ;)

The roleplay hasn't started just yet as I'm just waiting on a couple more characters before I post the IC. Feel free to post your character here, Snowday :)

Also, I do apologize for my lack of responses for the past couple of days. The router here had decided to go kaput and not allow my computer (or anyone else's here for that matter) to have internet access. I had seen the some things that have been mentioned above and I will answer everything in the morning. Keep watching this post for edits (or if there is any other posts after this one, just wait for the next response).

M3

I'll get my character up tomorrow. I'm too tired right now :(

General Information

Character Name: Atlys Tacitus
Race: Human

Profession: Healer/herbalist
Sexual Orientation:
Heterosexual

Physical Characteristics

Height: 5'3"
Weight: 117 Pounds
Eyes: A shade of medium green with a few flecks of darker green.
Hair: Rarely seen under her hood, but if you were to pull down her hood, you would find a long, thick, messy braid of black hair.
Appearance: Atlys is a girl of 19, and an odd one at that. When spotted, she is usually clad in a dark cloak that is far too large for her over a short, tattered linen dress that is growing a bit small on her. She always goes barefoot, as shoes are too expensive, leaving her feet callused and dirty. In spite of her ragged clothing, she always wears a certain number of bangles and amulets for spiritual protection.

Her face is often in shadow due to her cloak, but fairly distinctive when it comes to light. She has a long, thin nose with likewise thin lips that tend to curl into a smirk of their own accord. Her skin is scratched, smudged, and tanned from an outdoor lifestyle, as she spends a great portion of her time searching for herbs with which to make poultices and salves. At 19, she is noticeably shorter than most women her age, and is certainly more childish in her behavior. Her eyes, too, are a bit childlike, green and mischievous under thin eyebrows.

Mental Characteristics

Outer Personality: The first thing people tend to notice about Atlys is her wit. She is clever and tricky, a true schemer in the making, tending to impress those whom she encounters. However, that is where the favor she holds with strangers ends - Atlys is a thief. Though a healer first and foremost, this does not tend to pay very well, and must resort to thievery for sustenance. She is deceptive, self-motivated, wayward, and a bit selfish. Though she can hold up a mature conversation, she doesn't care to waste her time in conversation, and will flee the scene with enough fluidity and swiftness to satisfy her very impatient self. No, most people don't like Atlys much at all. However, you'll love her if you happen to be seriously ill or dying - Atlys is an herbalist and an excellent healer.
Inner Personality: Atlys lives under the assumption that the living are selfish and ignorant, and who could blame her? She regularly communes with spirits of all kinds, and has fallen into the favor of most otherworldly beings by helping spirits of the dead pass on. The only drawback of this enlightenment is that it has left her a bit narcissistic, inwardly. She uses magic very, very sparingly, and solely for the purpose of spirit communication, as she is very conscious of what remains of her spirit. Because she is so conservative, she is at about 97%, but this also renders much of her combat magic ineffective. Though she comes off as very confident, she has a small stash of insecurities that she guards fiercely - for instance, she is terrified of Dragaerians and Void Creatures, especially the latter. The overuse of magic being so disgusting to her, she finds void magic terrifying. She also hasn't gotten over the death of her brother, though she claims she has, and often finds herself feeling lost without him. Again, she would never admit this.

Aspirations: Her overarching goal in life is to achieve some form of spiritual enlightenment by helping the spirits of the dead, but she would also like to become a great healer - legendary, even.

Traits

Strengths:
  • Confident
  • Intelligent
  • Able to use small amounts of magic in dire straits
  • An excellent healer/herbalist
  • Independent
  • Crafty
  • Fast
  • Reasonably skilled with a dagger

Weaknesses:
  • Narcissistic
  • Selfish
  • Dishonest
  • Physically weak
  • Very poor, rarely in a situation where she could spare a coin on anything from food to frivolities
  • Noncommital
  • Romantically illiterate
  • Sickly; much like her brother, she falls ill very often and must either stop to take care of herself or move on and make her condition worse

Fears:
  • Illness
  • Dragaerians
  • Void Creatures/magic
  • Failing to do her job as a healer (basically, people dying on her watch)
  • Law enforcement

Talents:
  • Small amounts of magic
  • Healing
  • Scheming/strategizing
  • Thievery

Inabilities:
  • Hand-to-hand combat (without her knife)
  • People skills
  • Romance
  • Being so poor, she's not very good at reading.

Equipment (List)
  • Cloak - a slightly-too-large wrapping of black canvas that encircles her most of the time, with a wide hood and a golden clasp where the fabric meets at her chest. Where the cloak parts, you can see the remnants of an old dress which has obviously been dirtied, cleaned, damaged, and repaired countless times.
  • Dagger - a simple spike of metal protruding from a leather-bound handle. The entire thing is less than a foot long, but she keeps it in good condition - sharp, of course.
  • Spiritual Jewelery and Amulets - having dappled in the spiritual arts of magic, she keeps these around for personal protection. She inherited most of these from Samhain - among them are a set of golden bangles around her ankle, silver bangles around her wrist, several golden necklaces about her neck, and a pair of citrine earrings.
  • Satchel - a little bag that hangs from her shoulder by a leather strap, fashioned from some sort of animal hide. She uses this to carry her money, her mortar and pestle, her scrolls, and whatever she might have stolen during the day.
  • Book of medicinal herbs - a small, leather-bound copy of an outdated medicinal herb book. It's still useful, but much of her knowledge came not from the pages of this book, but from Samhain's teachings.
  • Mortar and Pestle - a stone bowl and matching rod with which to grind herbs to make poultices. Worn from uncounted hours of use.
  • Medicine bottles - small wooden vials with twine-and-linen covers that hang from her satchel-strap. Each one is labeled by a word carved into its surface corresponding with the medicine inside. She sells these on the road to earn a few extra coins for the coming winter.
  • Small collection of spell scrolls - another inheritance from Samhain. She uses these for reference when communing with spirits. These are small and rarely used.

Short History (Just a summary)
Atlys was born in Fisdemont to an unwed mother with one other child, an eight-year-old named Samhain. However, their mother died about two years after her birth, and Samhain raised her from then on out. He taught her the art of medicinal herbalism and small amounts of magic. They were, as Atlys is today, poor healers, thieves, and travelers that stowed away in ships and carts or walked great distances in a state of neverending freedom.

However, I previously mentioned that Atlys was sickly. This was a trait that both of the Tacitus children inherited from their mother. In the winter of Atlys' twelfth year, Samhain fell ill with pneumonia and died of the ensuing fever with Atlys at his side. Today, she is very afraid of the illnesses she so commonly falls to for fear of succumbing to the same fate. Every year, Atlys goes to pay her respects to Samhain in his makeshift tomb just outside of Chalder. The loss of her closest companion incinerated most of her remaining warmth towards other people, leaving her selfish and narcissistic.

Between the death of her brother and the present day, Atlys began to do what Samhain always talked of doing - bottling and selling their medicinal salves and poultices for a profit. Nowadays, Atlys doesn't go hungry quite so often thanks to the extra cash brought in by medicine sales, but much of the money goes to savings in preparation for the winter, which can be brutal. The money she collects is often barely enough to pull her through. Therefore, she is still a thief, and has elevated this practice of thievery to an art. She is an excellent liar, very quick with her hands and on her feet, and thus could rob just about any small business.

Other Information (In case I missed anything)

Thanks!

For a 14-year-old that is ancient though ;p
Hey I just turned 21! Not old....*Folds arms pouting childishly, grumbling* Kids these days....Jk lol
*Throws a tantrum as tears start welling up* I'M ONLY TRYING TO MAKE PEOPLE FEEL WELCOME BECAUSE MY MATURITY MIGHT BE A BIT INTIMIDATING, OKAY?! *cries and pouts in a corner* Yep, I'm kidding xD

By the way... If we keep this up, Auroreon will soon be surrounded by women xD
"The scrolls of Gelbaron, the forsaken saga of Auroreon and his harem."

.... I'm in a bad-jokes-mood, I blame constant studying for it. Excuses everyone, don't be offended, just laugh at my silliness ^_^'

*awkward laughing*

Holy diddly damn. Is every female character a healer in this roleplay?

Anyways, should we perhaps discuss how to start this thread in a way that would include everybody's character?

*awkward laughing*

Holy diddly damn. Is every female character a healer in this roleplay?

Anyways, should we perhaps discuss how to start this thread in a way that would include everybody's character?
Mines not lol

Sorry I'm so slow.. Anyways, a couple of questions about Krimntaars, sorry if I've just missed the answers :)
- The average height and weight (around dwarven size?)
- where do they live
- do they have males and females like humans
- how long do the humans live, 60, 80, or even 100 (so I'll know when krimntaars can die of old age)
about the Carrefiers
- are they bred in some particular way or just picked up from the wilds and tamed
- how big are the antlers ( if I want one will I have to leave it outside every time there's a building because the antlers won't fit through the door?)
- is their nature more likely to be like `biting the hand that feeds them`, hating everyone around them, or bit of a grumpy dog like `I'll let you pet me this one time, but next time you're losing your hand` (Of course they're not all the same, just the general idea if they actually care about their riders)
- how intelligent are they (as in their rider falls down a cliff, can they get help or just sit there whining, or if they're really ill-bred would they just sneer from the top or have been the one who pushed them down that cliff in the first place?)
I'll try to get the cs done soon :D
Ok, to answer your questions above:

-The average height and weight of a Krimntaar are closer towards a goblin than a dwarf (more like a pseudo dwarf-goblin hybrid with the stocky body being dwarf-like and the spindly arms being goblin-like). If the height is around 4'0" and their weight is around the 123lbs mark (both which are based on the D&D descriptions of goblins and dwarfs combined), then that's the mark for the Krimntaar.
-The Krimntaar are mainly based in the Gateway to Gelbeterron, though some of their collective is close towards the Jaeltreg Forest edge so that they can be in conflict with the Silvæans.
-Krimntaars do have male and females in their population.
-As for human life span, most humans die in their mid-60s on average

Now, for the Carrefær. I do have a description for them, although it is very old and will be slightly updated to match what I have in mind

Their main appearance is in a sleek frame of a wolf, though the size of it is similar to that of a stag deer. What makes them stand out from ordinary wolves that roam free in the forest is that they are able to grow antlers to dend themselves off from anything that poses a threat to their dens. The Carrefær that lives in Jaeltreg Forest are usually brown with the occasional grey back and their eyes beaming out a vibrant yellow colour with a bark-coloured antlers. Their Gateway relatives are usually black with a white underbelly and often have a slate grey antlers. Although they tend to get very vicious against those that will try to harm them, they are relatively peaceful creatures that allow humanoids to walk up to them and stroke them. The difference in personality with the two kinds of Carrefær is that the Gateway species often doesn't have a peaceful nature and tends to be sharp and have a short-temper. This is usually why the Krimntaar have captured them and use them as steeds against the rare Warg that live in the mountains, which are slightly bigger than their horned brethren.
In short, Carrefær cannot go indoors due to their antlers (which behave much like the antlers of deer). The Gateway Carrefær are more vicious than their Jaeltreg counterpart, though both can be tamed to attack on their master's commands or for their master to use them as a steed (the former being harder to train though the Krimntaar do have a knack for training them). Intelligence-wise, they behave exactly like any animal in the Canis genus (wolves, dogs, etc). In the dog terms of their intelligence, they are not far off from a Huskey.

I hope this answers your questions, kikinki :)

@Snowday - Your character looks fine to me (though I am hesitant about her being 15 years). The only thing that I think that needs to be done is to flesh out the history and her appearance a little bit and for Atlys's equipment to have a description. How to flesh them out is up to you but Auroreon's profile is generally something that I look at for the profile to be accepted (despite the font being a little bit bigger than standard). Once those are done, I'd be more than happy for your character to be added to the cast list :)

M3

Status
Not open for further replies.