The School of Sins and Virtues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joseph, red
"Don't tell me what I should or shouldn't do." Joseph told the other male after he was finished speaking. The only reason the raven haired man didn't want the jolly giant helping him unpack was because he just didn't like people touching his stuff. But since Aarin insisted on helping him unpack, so Joseph sighed a little. "If I let you help me, will you quit asking if you can help?" He asked the other after he swallowed the bite of cookie then took another. If it'll get him to shut up about helping, then he'll let him help.

12279736882009934397twoton_Dividing_Line_3.svg.hi.png

Ariella McCraig
sloth // female // 17

When another student seated herself rather close to Ariella, she opened her eyes and glanced over with a hint of surprise in her light brown eyes. 'Is she even in high school?' the brunette thought to herself questioningly as she lazily looked Bonnie over. 'She's tiny.' A part of her wanted to ask the small girl how old she was, and if she was a real student, but the larger part of her deemed it too taxing. 'Sleep is better then talking,' Ariella reminded herself. With one final look at Bonnie, the seventeen-year-old settled down once more, quickly dozing away.

Evander Airaldi
male hunter // male // 17

Evander grinned wider, taking the offered hand and shaking it. "Right back at you! So, is this your first year at Millington?" he asked with a laugh. While he was talking, a hand rested itself on his knee. Evander turned to see who the culprit was, blinking quickly a few times when he saw a redheaded teenager. "Oh, hello!" the blonde offered with a disarming smile. "What's your name? I'm Evander, a junior! You?" He gave a quick once-over, assessing her strengths and weaknesses before meeting her eyes again.

Reactions: Kitsune
Aarin, brown
"Oh, well if you let me help, I don't see why I'd have to keep asking." Aarin replied with a goodnatured laugh, still failing to hear the annoyance in the other boy's tone. He saw the world the world through very rose-tinted shades. "Oh, what year are you in? Ahh, that's a silly question, I suppose we'd have to be in the same year to be roommates... How old are you?" He asked, smiling. "I'm sixteen, but I'll be seventeen later this year... Where did you live before coming here?" He continued, his eyes gleaming with curiosity. It was always very interesting to him how the boarding school had students from all over. "--Am I asking too many questions, again?"

Joseph, red
A vein throbbed on his forehead as he listened to the other man go on about nonsense once again. His cookies were just about gone, and this guy was still babbling on. "I am 17 years old.. And yes. You are asking a lot of questions again..." He told the other man. "I don't know how many more you have, but you are allowed to ask me one more question. Make it count. The rest can wait until you and I are unpacking my stuff in the dorm." He told the other male. There was only so many questions he could take from one person. Though Aarin wouldn't receive answers to his question if he so chose to ignore Joseph's warning. That didn't mean the black haired male wasn't going to ask a question of his own.

Crystelle, orange
The orange haired girl smiled brightly at the blonde. She was about to answer his question when their conversation had been interrupted by a pretty girl with crimson hair. It was rude, but she said nothing about it. This girl was probably just looking for people to converse. It was alright though, at least she got to see another face. Crystelle smiled to the other girl then turned forward so that she could see if the assembly was starting or not.

flower_banner.png

Of course she was rude, it was one of her many disliked traits. A warm yet soft chuckle escaped past her lips and she smirked. "Oh terribly sorry for interrupting whatever this was. I'm Jessabell Ivers, a fellow Junior." She scanned the room, her brows knitting together. So many people here, yet was there ever going to actually be an assembly? "It's a pleasure to meet you Evander"

flower_banner.png

Evander Airaldi
male hunter // male // 17

"That's pretty cool! I love meeting people my age," Evander replied, leaning back so that he could look at both of the girls. "Crystalle, you didn't answer. Is this your first year at Millington? What about you, Jessabell? I've never seen either of you two before, but it's always best to ask."

A black Volvo pulled up amongst the cluster of cars outside the academy's parking lot. Its dark tinted window's glinting lightly in the morning sunlight. The drivers door silently opened before a black boot stepped out onto the gravely path followed by skinny jeans and a dark colored cloak. The black fabric slightly brushed the ground and caught on the heel of the right boot, nearly sending its wearer stumbling to the ground. Lazarus remained seemingly unperturbed but for the nearly imperceptible scowl on his lips. He had been fully prepped and informed of the mission while the society officials warned him time and time again to stay prepared and vigilant. But of course nearly an hour before he was to be dispatched they had alerted him of a 'minor problem' with his required attire. Apparently the school uniform he was to receive had been instead delivered to his dorm room in the academy which ultimately meant that he would go either naked or in his hunter's attire. Lazarus chose the latter. The society wasn't too keen of his choice of clothing and pointing out that the possible demons that they were to hunt would recognize the uniform. And through those series of events resulted in Lazarus wearing his father's old cloak that was meant for a 6'5 height not a 6'2 like himself. Though it was quite the hindrance it did help conceal most of the authorized (and unauthorized) weapons that he had been allowed to bring.

Even with the similar color choice it still stood out among the rest of the students and attracted far more attention than the hunter would like. He quietly went up to a set of double doors and walked right through like he had been there a million times before. And in a way it was true since he had spent some time memorizing the entire lay out of the academy and familiarizing himself with the 'foreign territory'. A large crowd had already formed and split off into different sections through out the huge building. Yellow eyes quickly scanned the masses for the other hunter assigned with him as a temporary partner for this mission. Lazarus had barely batted an eye before seeing him off to one side of the room, already interacting with one of the students. As protocol called, Lazarus began to walk over to alert his partner of his presence. Unfortunately when he was half way towards him, a passing student stepped on his coat and this time causing him to successfully stumble forward slightly. Lazarus gained control in matter of seconds but not before having bumped against what appeared to be a child...?

flower_banner.png

"It just so happens that I am, though I would have wished to stay in my old school. There was just some complications that ceased me from doing so" She said this, sporting a rather bored expression on her face, now withdrawing her hand from his knee. Sure she still found him cute but she didn't want to get in trouble at another one of her schools, what a joke that would be.

flower_banner.png

Esme quickly rushed down the steps to the ceremony, after realizing that this was the best she could do to hide her appearance. Though once she got there, her green eyes scanned the room, nervousness taking hold of her. Slipping her eyes shut, she just blindly navigated the room and by doing this she bumped straight into a male. Looking up with wide eyes, she swallowed and waved. "Oh gosh..I'm sorry" Oh jeez this act was going to be hard to pull off, especially the voice thing. Sheesh.

flower_banner.png

Ms.Winters came rushing out onto the stage to greet her students, a worried expression on her face as she scanned the crowd. "Many apologies to whoever has been waiting here for a long period of time. I had to consult with someone and came a bit late to the party. But welcome back to the halls of Millington, and if your new just welcome in general" The old lady was wise beyond her years, a stern expression on her features yet it was still warm and gentle. Her brown hair with the increasing amounts of grey in it tied back into a neat bun and her slate blue eyes scanning the crowd for a second time. "I will be handling the schedules and making sure to go over procedures and rules with you all, does anyone have a question before we begin."

Reactions: Faneru
Karson, green
Karson let out a small sound of surprise as he accidentally stepped on another student's coat, effectively tripping over it and stumbling to the floor of the auditorium. The cookies he'd previously retrieved from his bag to eat flew to the floor with him, before being immediately stepped on and crushed as Even stumbled forward. The loss taking a moment to register in his mind, Karson stared at the crushed treats, his expression steadily showing more and more despair as he realized what had happened. "Y-you... Those... They were the only cookies I brought..." He muttered as he continued to stare at the chocolate chip remains, his shoulders trembling as if he were going burst into tears at any moment. "You crushed them... Why would you..." He continued to mumbled, his voice trailing off as it began to crack. Instead of crying, however, his expression all too suddenly changed to that of pure anger as he grabbed at the older student's coat to yank him to the floor with him. "They were my only cookies, you monster..!"

Aarin, brown
"Oh okay, one more question, I promise..." Aarin replied, nodding. He then paused to ponder. It had to be a good one... "...Oh! What other pastries do you like? Are you allergic to anything? ---Oh, that's two questions, I'm sorry..!"

Crystelle, orange
"It's my first year too." She said in response to the other male's question after Jessabelle answered. She usually wasn't one for three way conversations such as this one, because it would make it all difficult to remember and it usually resulted in a jumbled mess. When she saw the woman scurrying onto the stage, she was a bit relieved. The orange haired girl loved conversations, but she was beginning to feel like the third wheel. At least speaking wasn't a necessity for her anymore.

Joseph, red
He only had to ask one question. One question. Aarin had only one job, and he screwed that up completely. Even Joseph was amazed by how poorly his roommate could follow directions, all the while annoyed that he failed to follow a simple task. His dark blue eyes looked at Aarin's brighter ones. "Way to keep your promise.." He said sarcastically as the woman on the microphone began speaking. "Pick one question you want me to answer. I'm not answering more than stated until you're helping me unpack my stuff."

BONNIE A. AKIYAMA

The brunette seemed to not have noticed whoever was sitting near her. Her posture straightened up a bit as the ceremony finally started. The lady speaking into the microphone seemed worried that they had waited for a long time. It made Bonnie smile. At least we know that she truly cares for us, she thought as she continued. When she told them how the ceremony was going to go, Bonnie was eager to start. The faster that they finished, the sooner that the small girl can go explore and meet her roommate. Her eyes glanced around and her head turned a bit to see if anyone had any questions to ask. What would you ask so early in the ceremony anyways?

She scanned the room once more to make sure she didn't meet any stray hands raised in the air. "I am sorry for keeping you waiting for such a terribly long period of time. But now that I'm here, let's go over the basics. The major one that I strictly enforce is that boys and girls stay on completely separate sides of the building when sleeping or after hours. They are of course allowed to be friends with eachother and possibly even create more then friendships but I expect that all of the students are well divided. Girls will stay with girls and boys will stay with boys. If I find anyone breaking this rule they will be punished in one way or another." She paused to assess the faces on the various students, hoping to see most of them look content with that rule.

"This school strictly forbids any mentioning of religions and beliefs that could contradict with our curriculum. We teach all of our children equally and can not simply give special treatment to those who believe differently from what we are saying. Though you are able to practice your religion in your own dorm. Read your hymns ad pray to your gods, that is allowed of course" She smiles softly, it had been an issue last year as some people sent their children here thinking it was a Catholic school when it clearly didn't state that anywhere in the brochure! Silly parents!

"We serve breakfast from 6 till 7, lunch from 12 to 1 and dinner from 5-6. You are able to go down and purchase snacks throughout the day in the cafeteria but you are not permitted to have any food or drinks in your classes, the halls or the dorms. So if you have a free period and are craving some cookies you can go and get those." One of her more simpler rules but the compliance of it was so very rare. "Any questions at this point, or comments whether good or bad" There was always those that didn't like the rules she enforced and she tried to console them and make deals with them that would better suit their needs at most times. After all this was a very select boarding school and she only chose who she saw fit to grace the halls here.

Boarding School had been a pleasant thought at first with all the amazing experiences Cyan's brother had shared and nostalgically retold. He described it as a tight knit community filled with all sorts of interesting and friendly people. Of course Cyan was happy to hear such wonderful things and thankful towards his brother who never failed to sooth his anxieties. Ever since it was announced that he was to attend his older brother's boarding school academy, Cyan was nothing but a ball of nerves. He was the type to take comfort in familiar surroundings and being told that he was to live somewhere for months in a place he had never been too, sent the usually calm boy spiraling towards a panic attack. It wasn't until his brother had pulled him aside and assured him that there was absolutely nothing to worry about and Cyan whole heartedly believed him. That was until he found out that he would be having a roommate. He could barely take off his shirt in the P.E. locker room without feeling a least bit uncomfortable and he was supposed to share a dorm room with a complete and utter stranger that he in no way has been affiliated with once? The panic attack the following morning was inevitable.

But by then it had been far too late to have possibly backed out and he knew refusing to go because of such a silly reason would both disappointment and concern his parents. Cyan could tell that they worried about him and constantly tried many ways to break through the wall that he built around himself throughout the years. He wished he could too but Cyan hadn't realized how tall he had built it until he realized he wasn't able to climb over. So the following week before his departure, Cyan made a point to act and seem excited about the trip which only earned him sad smiles in return. They knew he was faking it but appreciated that he was giving it a chance all the same. It wasn't until he was standing in front of his dorm room door that Cyan let the reality of the moment sink in. This was it. He was going to go in there, greet his roommate, and have the best year of his life! (A mantra he ha kept repeating the whole drive there). Releasing a deep breath, Cyan tightened his hold on his luggage before grabbing the knob of the door with the intent of swinging the door open. He of course ended up knocking first before gently pushing the door aside.

Then it hit him. The smell of smoke pervaded the room and clung like sticky mildew to every available furniture in the room. It was as if burning charcoal had been shoved directly under his nose. Cyan's eyes burned as it wafted across his face and could barely hold in the cough that racked his body. At first he thought that the room somehow combusted into flames when his still watery eyes spotted his 'roommate' lying carelessly on one of the chairs. Cyan paled as he saw the ash tray next to him and the mess spread out across the floor. Of all the thing's his roommate could have like it had to be cigarettes. It was one of the few things that Cyan disliked too but mostly because of the cloud of smoke it always produced. Having had asthma since he was a toddler, Cyan wasn't exactly a huge fan. He wasn't about to start lecturing the man about the health issues it could cause though. He had always been terrible at confrontations and most likely never bring it up.

With a slightly shaky breath, Cyan managed a smile that could have passed off as a grimace. "H-hello" He half stuttered after having to clear his throat in order to not rasp.

Aarin, brown
Aarin looked apologetic, preparing to answer before the voice filled the auditorium. "Oh, well since the assembly's starting, I'll just ask when we get back to our room." He replied, smiling as his attention was focused towards the stage. "And I'm sorry for breaking my promise..." He quickly added.
He then listened intently to the woman's speech, his expression relaxing into a soft smile. He already knew it all, but it was only polite to pay the utmost attention when someone was speaking. The speech only made him all the more excited for the new school year~

Karson, green
If Karson had been listening to the speech, he'd have thrown a fit over the idea of no snacks in the classroom. Of course, no one could stop him, either way... He would not be a very enjoyable student if denied his fix. Though, the sugar glutton was far too distracted, wrestling with a much larger student over the loss of his cookies to pay any attention to the other going ons of the room.

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
Mrs.Winters, blue
A rewarding smile came to replace her features at the idea that not a single student had objected to the few rules she had already placed. Though there was four more to go, she was sure they would be easy enough to follow. "I have no toleration for bullying younger students, or any students for that matter. No horseplay, fights, creating weapons. The usual school rules that you have probably already learned by now." That one was simple enough, if they needed to get more information on the topic then the handbook would be quite the ideal tool.

"You have a curfew and a wake up time. I expect you to all have lights out by eleven and wake up for seven. Though if you miss breakfast that is completely your fault and you will not be allowed to go down to the cafeteria after that time. I expect you to all follow this rule, it is probably one of the most simple things to comprehend" Though she knew every year there was always those that decided to go against it.

"You must keep your uniform on and proper at all times. Some girls think that wearing fishnets under their skirts is a good idea. It is not! No toleration for those silly things. You must wear every piece of clothing given to you, the only thing that you are permitted to wear that's not school code, is pajamas and shoes!" Keeping her students looking somewhat professional was all she truly asked for.

"The teachers are set in place to help and teach you throughout the school year. There will be no fraternizing with them, becoming best buddies, favoring or anything of that sort that I see! Sure you can get away with it, because I don't have eyes everywhere but I expect you to be courteous of the rule. There is no such thing as extra credit either, so you either do your best or fail"

Reactions: Moogle-Girl
The sweet sound of the door knocking interrupted Flare's tobacco-induced stupor. Normally, he'd be pissed right the fuck off that someone was daring to cut in on his private time, but this was the moment he'd been waiting for all day. The moment when his roommate came in and learned just who he was dealing with. And what a roommate it was: the door was gingerly pushed open by a shy-looking boy, white hair and a soft face. The cigarette smoke pervading the room was clearly making this boy uncomfortable. Excellent.

"Hey," Flare said with a toothy smile, like a lion. "Name's Flare Modus. Nice to meetcha. You're..." He paused, trying to think of his new roommate's name. "Blue, right? Something stupid like that. Don't mind the mess, I won't bug you about your shit." He glanced at the phone sitting on his desk, noting the time on the display, and added, "Aren't you running late for the assembly?"

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
Lazarus was silent for a bit as he looked over the person he had bumped into. The choppy hair cut and large amounts of clothing strewn across their slender body was one to raise a bit of suspicion. As was the feminine face that looked up at him nervously. The thought was quickly dismissed however as piercing yellow eyes met with green and he could see nothing but innocence behind them. But he still couldn't shake the feeling that they were hiding something. Before he could elaborate more on the thought or even offer his apologies, Lazarus was unexpectedly tugged backwards and was falling fast towards the ground. His hand instinctively reached for the gun that was securely strapped against his side but stopped midway and even resisted against catching himself. One of the most important rules to remember when out in an under cover field mission was to always remain in character around witnesses. Since most did not have the reflexes to catch and throw themselves up after a fall, much less pull out hidden weaponry in the same second, Lazarus shut off his instincts and let himself hit the ground.

The fall itself barely hurt but the little boy sitting on top of him was uncomfortable to say the least. He was slightly surprised that such a small looking boy could have pulled him down with such strength and the fact that he was being accused of murdering cookies. The strange accusation and childish anger that radiated off the boy brought a peculiar sense of nostalgia. Lazarus was unexpectedly overcome by the sudden memory of his younger brother tackling him to the floor after he had unknowingly eaten his brothers last piece of Halloween candy. His little brother had thrown quite a tantrum and had finally stopped when Laz apologized before promising to buy him a whole bag when they went to the store with their mom. He remembered all the tears that followed and his little brother sticking by his side the whole day trying to make up for tackling him. With slightly wide eyes, Lazarus blinked as the memory slowly wore off and was replaced with the still fuming boy sitting on top of him. It had been a while since something like that had occurred, especially with such vividness.

He quickly snapped back to reality as he could hear the announcements already beginning. Lazarus had to settle this dispute quickly lest the head master witness the commotion. Going by his instincts and slight experience, he slowly raised himself up onto a sitting position.

"Sorry"

He gazed at the boy's expression and waited for his reaction. The more he stared though the more and more he started seeing...
Before Lazarus could even comprehend what he was doing it was already too late. He didn't know what possessed him to place a hand on the boy's head and ruffle his hair but the damage had already been done.

Ms.Winters, blue
Her eyes scanned the room once more. The children in the room seemed to be pretty much content with the information that she was handling out and that only made her smile. Last year there was quite a few complaints about the rules she had to place but before she continued with the welcoming speech and telling them what they will find in their dorm along with handing out schedules. "Is there anymore questions any of you have?" She questioned, raising a brow as if challenging the students.

Jessabell, green
Jessabell looked up at the old lady and grumbled under her breath, running a hand through her mess of red hair. Raising a hand in the air, she presents a scowl on her face. "Can we please get on with this? You asked the same thing four times already, we understand. We get it. Just please lady, we all have lives to attend too"

Joseph, red
Joseph had stopped talking to the other male and decided to just listen to the blabbering woman speak about the school and all of its rules. It would seem that his name would be coming up quite often with this woman, and it just might be his roommate's fault along with some fights. No, it wouldn't be because of his uniform being improper. No, it wouldn't because of truancy issues. It would be because his roommate couldn't even follow the simplest of instructions, was so sweet it was giving him cavities just talking to him, and that this guy was going to be his roommate. Maybe if he got a break from him when he wanted to just be alone, he could tolerate him. But no. He was going to be stuck with him until the summer. Damn it all... Aarin better understand that question after question will earn a verbal warning, then a punch, then a punch twice as harder than the guy deserved. He'd be in that woman's office for 'bullying' or 'violence'.

Crystelle, orange
The moment she heard the woman's expectations from her students, she smiled brightly. She could definitely follow those rules without a problem! She could do her laundry right before the weekend so her uniforms will be ready, be up by 4:30 in the morning to get ready then eat breakfast at 6, then use the remaining time to do some homework! This will be an amazing experience for her! The only thing that would make or break this experience would be the other students.

Though Jessabelle could have been more polite about her question, she didn't say anything.. Mrs. Winters must have dealt with worse students.

Ms.Winters, blue
professor-mcgonagall_69751_top.jpg

An expression that showed discomfort and a tinge of sadness appeared on her features as the red haired girl spoke up. She simply nodded curtly. "Ms.Ivers, I expect better from you in the future. You do not call out your elders, you simply could have asked when this was going to end. A little more polite next time dearie, I don't expect much from my pupils here, but I do expect the small amount I did give. Besides that, since it seems there is no questions or any other complaints we can get on with this little meeting. With the first order of business being, that I am someone you can come too at anytime with your problems though of course there is other staff and students at hand, I hope to be a mentor and possibly someone you can even consider a friend." She knew it was searching too far into the void, but saying it couldn't help but make a smile come across her features and a rather bright one at that.

"If you have already visited your dorms, then that is quite okay. You will find a selection of two beds, drawers underneath them, carpeted floors, a window, a bathroom, and a small desk and or study area in the far corner of the room. There is also a dresser on both sides and an end table with a lamp provided to you. I will allow you to dress up the place with whatever you bought along with you but don't expect it to be too extravagant of course." She chuckled warmly and then quickly changed the topic. She didn't want the students becoming incredibly impatient, that just simply wouldn't do.

"Lastly you will find information, a handbook, a uniform sheet guideline, a basic about you sheet for your homeroom teacher to put into file and your schedule. I expect you to have the paper done and the sheets well noted as they are important to your success at this school. Thank you children, and have a wonderful rest of your evening. Remember to join us for dinner, don't want you starving" With that she exited the stage, calling for the end of the ceremony and for the dismissal of the students to go do what they pleased.

Status
Not open for further replies.