The School of Music (Sign Ups & OOC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh dear, yes I'm sorry-- I read that wrong. Feel free to smack me on the head and throw me out a window. I've been very tired and scatterbrained lately.

Full Name: Florence May Cemola

Address: New York

Date of Birth & Age: March 4, 1994. Age 20

Tell us a bit about yourself!
What's your nature?: Florence is studious,serious and thoughtful she loves her studies and working hard but she will pushe that all aside if her friends need advice or just someone to talk to. Florence isn't loud and boisterous but she isn't shy either she likes talking and hanging out but if people get to loud or talk to quickly she flees the scene and goes back to her room to play her Cello or write lyrics.

What have you done in the past?: Florence lived in a country town with her family she was educated by college professors in playing the Cello. When she turned fifteen her uncle got her to audition for Julliard she got accepted and attended for five years finishing up bye playing at Carnegie hall before the school offered her a scholarship because of her playing which is magical and makes anyone who hears it calm and entranced

What do you think you look like?:

f654e9086747e1ec3aad7a7c85836b34.jpg

What things do you like?:Cello,Rain,reading,studying,painting

What things do you dislike?: Gym, physical activity, Spiders,jerks

Do you have any special talents: Florence can make anyone calm and forget anything that she wants them to forget by playing her Cello or singing. She can also control the wind with her Cello

Preferred Schedule: Astronomy,Art and design , Talent Tutoring,Grammar, Diction, and Literature ,Want to be Bilingual?

What musical instrument do you prefer?: Her Cello

What Fraternity/Sorority would you like to join:Novem Septem.

What Clubs do you plan on joining?:None she just studies

Extra curricular activities?: Small orchestra quartet, Band and Advanced english

Have you read the school rules?: Yes.

Alright, last question!
What are your goals upon being accepted into the school? Please provide a short explanation:
To become a musical prodigy and play all around the world as a cellist

I see another cellist....>_>

Is there still room in this RP? It really caught my attention...

@Demmy Yes go ahead.

@Sukisho There's still four more spots, so you can go ahead and make an app.

@Sexybae Accepted.

Yay we only need four more people and then we will have sixteen

Full Name: Atalyah Ethni Sureng.
Address: Ipswich, QLD.
Date of Birth & Age: 06/06/1994 meaning that I am 20.

What's your nature?: Shy and quiet, until I'm around friends. I'm actually very sick minded.
What have you done in the past?: Nothing special. Seriously, my parents are still together/alive and I have two normal older brothers.
What do you think you look like?: I'm always in black and I never wear anything with no sleeves or strap.

37890-white-hair-anime-girl-anime-paradise-wallpaper.jpg

What things do you like?: Gore, chaos, seeing people in pain, breaking things, cute things, animals, nature, music, science.
What things do you dislike?: Annoying brats, make-up, people who assume you're stupid.
Do you have any special talents?: I don't have any musical talents, I just love to play music and feel good.

Preferred Schedule: musical arts, tech science, chemistry science, astronomy science, mathematics.
What musical instrument do you prefer?: A plain alto saxophone that my brother used to play. No one, and I mean no one is allowed to touch it. Other than that, I also play the bass guitar.
What Fraternity/Sorority would you like to join?: Novem Septem, hopefully.
What Clubs do you plan on joining?: None, really. I don't do well with people.
Extra curricular activities?: I hoping to find a rock.metal band that I may be able to join. ((If this is allowed.))
Have you read the school rules?: Yes, three times, actually.

Alright, last question!

What are your goals upon being accepted into the school? Please provide a short explanation.
Okay, my goal is know as much as I can. There are actually many other classes that I would love to join, however, I can only have three. Ah well, there's always post-graduation courses.

Done!

I would like to join!

But I'm afraid I'm going send in a yet another female character your way :ashamed:

Do you guys still have a spot for another female character? If not, then I'll just create a male one X'D

Having another male character would probably be best, but I'm not going to restrict your guys' freedom. Make whatever you feel like.

It will probably take me a couple hours, but I should have one up soon. Just a heads up, I am making a guy!

Full Name: Park JungWon (Jeremy)
Address: PyeongChang, South Korea
Date of Birth & Age: April 10th, 1991 (Age 23)
What's your nature?: Jeremy has always been a good student. He studies very hard, and takes education very seriously. However, Jeremy feels like he has been stifled by the expectations of his family. He is not very adventurous, tending to take the safer path. Other students tend to see him as a stick in the mud, but he does have many friends especially around exam time. tutoring others is something he enjoys and has always been good at doing. He also likes to read books and relax with music.
What have you done in the past?: Jeremy grew up in the countryside of South Korea. His Grandfather was a renowned player of traditional Korean folk music and the sounds always intrigued him when he was young. He was taught to play the Daegeum (large bamboo flute) by his grandfather, and surprisingly was a natural. His parents did not initially approve of his playing, and forced him into many extra classes and after school academies. Jeremy actually already has a Bachelor's of Science in Computer Science from Seoul National University, but his passion and talent for music has led him to enroll in The School of Music.
boy7.jpg

What things do you like?: Learning new things, meeting new people, reading, math and science, playing his flute, and helping others
What things do you dislike?: Rules, big dogs, being inside too long, contact and high energy sports
Do you have any special talents?: When Jeremy plays his Daegeum, the people listening begin to lose their inhibitions. Wild parties tend to break out around his playing.
Preferred Schedule:
Musical Arts and History
Talent Tutoring
Art and Design
Grammar, Diction and Literature
Archery

What musical instrument do you prefer?: Flutes and Daegeum
18.JPG

What Fraternity/Sorority would you like to join?: Quinque Unus
What Clubs do you plan on joining?: Computer Enthusiasts, Video Game BrotherSisterhood
Extra curricular activities?: Tutoring
Have you read the school rules?: YES!!

Alright, last question!
What are your goals upon being accepted into the school? Please provide a short explanation. (This is just for fun, please don't worry about trying to hard/not enough!). Jeremy would like to see how far he can go pursuing music as a career. Additionally, he would like to break out of the shell he was molded into by his parents, make friends, takes risks, and have more fun.

• Love
Reactions: RaineSensei
Um,I-I'm interested in joining this! That is,if there's still room for moi.. > <

Here goes then >.<

--------------------------------

Full Name:
Laida Kantadya

Address:
Siquijor, Philippines

Date of Birth & Age:
October 10, 1993 (Age 21)

What's your nature?:
Aware with the fact that she can be somewhat naive, she has the tendency to misunderstand other people's actions due to cultural differences. Because of this, she makes a big deal of an effort to understand each and every person she meets but then sometimes assume and analyzes too much to the point that it makes her skeptical and wary of others. Her personality walks back and forth to the extremes. She likes to learn about others too much, but then distances herself at the same time, afraid that they might know much about her as well and use this against her. This girl worries too much at times and often walks on eggshells around people, afraid to hurt their feelings. One might describe it as pretentious, but she only adjusts to the personalities of those around her. Though once paired up with someone to whom she is very comfortable with, Laida tends to let loose her talkative side, expressing whatever it is that amazes her at the moment. Having that said, Laida is very, very unbelievably easy to amuse and please.

What have you done in the past?:
Before moving out of her hometown to study, she lived a simple life tending to her grandparents' farm animals. Hailing from the small island of Siquijor, she has grown used to living a fisher(wo)man and farmer's life. If not out in the ocean catching fish and other saltwater goods, she harvests fruits and vegetables from their garden and roams around the town to sell them, all the while enjoying the beauty of nature. As she moved to the city however, she began to mix music and write songs with the use of a guitar (as this is commonly used).

ebb2cbd1-8ac6-4d25-b2bf-a7fabe590f25.jpg

What things do you like?:
Nature, experimenting and mixing various genres of music, cooking, books, studying, harmonizing, singing (she secretly loves to sing)

What things do you dislike?:
Trucks and their annoying horns, smoke, vomit, close-minded people, conceitedness, balloons (she has a mild case of globophobia)

Do you have any special talents?:
Though her grandparents believed that her talent proved useful to their farm most especially during the dry season, Laida thought her talent to be embarrassing. With her voice somewhat low and sultry, she has the ability to summon rain whenever she sings. The ability is held back however, when she begins to play her kudyapi. Whenever she sings and plays at the same time, the air only chills around her. Because of this, she is shy in being vocal and secretly envies girls who can sing high notes. One talent she could say she is proud of however, is that she can harmonize with ease to back up a melody.
Preferred Schedule:
- Drama and Theater
- Musical Arts and History
- Want to be Bilingual?
- Tech
- Archery

What musical instrument do you prefer?:
- Kudyapi
525bcfd1-b015-4794-aafc-06c21ba94dc8.jpg

How it sounds like :balloon:

- Classical and Electric guitar
- Harmonica

What Fraternity/Sorority would you like to join?:
Novem Septem

What Clubs do you plan on joining?:
Video Game BrotherSisterHood - She's not really a gamer, but she finds it amusing and wants to learn more about it.

Extra curricular activities?:
Actively looking for a band to be in, hoping to find people who are interested in fusing folk with metal.

Have you read the school rules?:
Yes!

Alright, last question!

What are your goals upon being accepted into the school? Please provide a short explanation.
She wishes to deepen her understanding in music and hopefully become more skilled in fusing folk music with metal. Also, she wishes to learn how to customize her Kudyapi to become similar to an electric guitar. If classic guitars and violins have their electric counterparts, then why not make an Electric Kudyapi? It is after all one of her dreams to create various creepy tunes to be used a soundtrack for horror movies..

Last edited by a moderator:
...uguu, im too impatient to wait for a respond.I'll just cross my fingers that there are still spots for moi ;v;

{Editing on mobile, so advance apologies if autocorrect messes my form up}
-------------------------------------------------

Full Name: Akira 'Melody' Tachibana
Address: Hokkaido,Japan
Date of Birth & Age: Feb. 14,1994 (Age: 20)
《Tell us a bit about yourself!》
What's your nature?:
At first,Melody can be seen as cold and aloof.She can be a bit arrogant at times and has a pretty hot temper and would not hesitate to hit anyone when necessary.She also does not like showing and admitting flaws and weakness.If one has the patience to get to know her better,they will see that Melody is actually a sweet and caring person,but she doesn't really like admitting her act of kindness towards people.For example,when she helps someone out she would make excuses like "I only did it for my good" or they would just plainly insult the person,often calling them an idiot.She is also easily embarrassed and would probably be the number one reason that she would suddenly soften.

What have you done in the past?: Akira was born and raised in Hokkaido, Japan.She is the only daughter of a Western mother and Japanese father.Both of them loved her a bunch and made sure she got the best education.At a young age, she was introduced to the acoustic guitar, but later after learning about the electric guitar she fell in love with the more energetic vibe it gives.When she entered middle school, she joined the Light Music Club and became one of the lead vocalists and guitarist.At the same time, she was practicing how to play the bass after experiencing stage fright on the Club's first performance on stage where she was the 'center'.She also fell in love with the sound of the bass, which she describes as the "heart of music".After moving to the states at the age of 17, she got into the hobby of making translyrics of Japanese songs and then recording herself singing her new English lyrics and posting iton the internet.Through doing so, it also helped her practice and enhanced her English.After moving, she adapted the name 'Melody' because privacy reasons.

tumblr_mavv66TpwM1rstfdlo1_500.jpg

What things do you like?: singing, cooking, music, drawing, lyric translating(Jap -> Eng)
What things do you dislike?: people noticing her weaknesses, help from others (she likes the idea of indepemdence, and to her it seems like a weakness), slow learners of songs/notes, the dark(fear), blood/wounds(fear)(scratches are fine as long as no blood is coming out)

• Bass and Singing: Being the hot tempered and easily embarrassed girl she is, Melody has some difficulty when it comes to expressing her true feelings.When she wants to get them to reach a person, her bass helps her do so with the soothing sounds each pluck of her fingers make on it, along with her singing.
  • Electric Guitar: When she plays the Electric Guitar, she gains the ability to manipulate electricity.If she is in a good mood, the electricity becomes beautiful sparks and sparkles that surrounds her during performance.However, if she's in a bad mood (more specifically when she's angry), the electricity becomes dangerous. So students better not anger her when she's holding onto her Electric Guitar (better keep away when she's with her Acoustic too.even though she doesn't really gain any powers with it, she might hit your head with it ;P)
Preferred Schedule:
  • Astronomy
  • Musical Arts and History
  • Art and Design
  • Talent Tutoring
  • Gymnastics

What Fraternity/Sorority would you like to join?: Novem Septem

• Computer Enthusiasts
  • Video Game BrotherSister Hood (she's considering thr club, but she's hesitating to join since she has been a closet gamer for a while..)
Extra curricular activities?: Currently she doesn't have any plans
Have you read the school rules?: Yes
《Alright, last question!》
What are your goals upon being accepted into the school? Please provide a short explanation:
Her current goal is to get better at what she's already good at, and to record some songs with other people to show her parents and friends back at Hokkaido.

You guys are accepted, and I'm wrapping up sign ups for now. Hopefully within the week I can get up the IC thread, but since I've been kind of sick and busy, no promises. Don't worry, I will get it up-- it just might take time. Keep an eye out for when I post the link.

@Dipper Alright, thanks! :D We'll wait then. Get well soon!

@Haruka *Whistles Fuwa Fuwa Time hoping it rings a bell in a desperate need to know if she is a fan as well because I obviously love that show too X3 *

If there is still a spot left for one more guy... If not, then it's okay :)

Full Name:
Johnny Caelan Meldryk

Address:
Central London, United Kingdom

Date of Birth & Age:
July 7, 1993 (21)

What's your nature?
"I always wanted to leave a good impression on everybody. One that is not really up for some rejection, I try my best to please everyone as much as I can, oftentimes forgetting myself in the process. I'm not really used to seeing people so upset because of my upbringing, and so I try to relieve that. Everyone deserves to be happy I believe, and so that is what I will try to give them. Do unto others what you want them to do to you they say, so sometimes I crave for a little attention in which I become guilty of in the end. Life is just too short to gloom over, we should have fun! - But in a way that will not hurt others or yourself though, so I try to be good at all times. However, - and maybe it's sort of natural in my age - I sometimes get curious with the bad and naughty things liberated people do. If I could get a little taste of it just to fit in a little..."

What have you done in the past?:
"Central London is my home, but sometimes we take long vacations in Mougins, France though I don't speak French at all (funny, right?). My parents are media practitioners, and so they're always out of the house and more often out of the country in search for some good stories to place in your daily, international television news. Because of that, I mostly lived my life with my Aunt and Uncle, who apparently has this thing for buying and selling paintings for their gallery. Some people think that my family is rich, and though I have to admit that we sometimes throw a lot of money on the little things here and there say in auctions and the likes, I don't exactly see ourselves as.. How do they call it? Oh, yes.. Filthy, stinkin' rich. No, we don't own a mansion, nor do we have butlers or own a lot of cars.. We live a more simple life really, but I guess we just live in some sort of a classy environment, thanks to the people my Aunt and Uncle deal with. I guess you can say that I am a bit sheltered from the outside world, and that is why I sometimes choose to step out to experience what it is like not to always get what I want. It gets boring to be honest, and even you would look for some thrill in your life if you were in my shoes. Frankly, staying home makes me lonely. It's like I don't feel complete and all, despite the material completeness. I guess money really can't buy happiness, which is why I bust my way out to search elsewhere."

01dfa35b-27ce-4d0d-bb7b-425dbc9c55c3.jpg

What things do you like?:
Massages
Computers
World and ethnic music from different countries
Arcades
Exotic food

What things do you dislike?:
Rejection
Destructive criticism
Clowns
Cigarettes
Show-offs

"I guess I'm good with providing beats and rhythm with or without the use of percussion instruments. May it be with the use of pencils, down to becoming a human beatbox, I'll bring the beat in! Or at least try to.. Oh wait, did you say magical abilities? Then nope, I don't have any powers."

Preferred Schedule:
Drama and Theater
Musical Arts and History

Art and Design
Biology
Soccer

"The drums.. I like to improvise on nearby items to use them as instruments though.. Unlike other musicians who can carry their instruments along, I can only carry my drumsticks around.."
70b52359-edbf-45ab-93aa-354654073128.jpg

What Fraternity/Sorority would you like to join?:
"I'm not really into those things since I have yet to experience it, but I guess Quinque Unus would do."

"Snack Club. Bring on the food!"

Extra curricular activities?:
"I don't have any as of yet.. I'd love to be in a band though.."

Have you read the school rules?:
"Yes, I have."

Alright, last question!

"I want to be in a band and have musically-educated and passionate friends as my bandmates!"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.