The Savior and the Victim

At the first few words that Soren spoke, Morgan wavered between feeling happier, because he had chosen to help her, and somehow oddly chastised with his prompt and vehement answer. The moment that he got to what he must have thought she was implying, from the tone of his voice, Morgan's hand flew to her mouth again and her cheeks flushed deep red. That was absolutely not what she'd meant to imply and she barely heard the rest of what he said for her horror at his misunderstanding.

"That's not what I... I never meant to imply, that is, that you would..." in the middle of her fumbling for words, Morgan reflected briefly on what things he had said while she was still trying to sink into nothingness for her humiliation on him getting the wrong impression. Her eyes widened and she tilted her head slightly to the left now, her face still vividly colored with blood darkening her cheeks and making her face feel warm.

With the topic suddenly breached, something that she hadn't considered through the hectic events of the past two days - had it really been just two days? Morgan felt her heart thump persistently against her ribs once more. Is that the way that she viewed him, now? How exactly did she see him, really? She tilted her head a little to the side, contemplating. He was handsome, that was true, and kind... but she herself was little more than a burden and maybe her emotions were simply confused with the strong affinity for the person who rescued her. The silence after her words seemed to stretch for hours, though she knew it could hardly have been two minutes. What should she say? What could she say? Argue, and perhaps spurn him, when he might well see her as nothing but a troublesome child? Agree and seem overeager, easy? And so the silence dragged.

He smiles and lets you think, when the silence drags on he nods."I think we should call it a night, i trust you can find your rooms Morgan?" He asks lightly. Breaking thew awkward silence with something difinateve. You know what hes doing now, hes giving you an out so you can go think. He knows that you need time to think so he gives it to you." Good night Morgan."

Smiling weakly to Soren, Morgan allowed him to lead her into the hallway. He was offering her the opportunity to think, to clear her thoughts after a busy day. With very few words coming to mind to be said, Morgan nodded to him and stepped a pace away so that she could face him. She couldn't express her gratefulness in concise or clear words, but she hoped that the general intent was getting through to him, from her actions and ineloquent stumbling.

"Th-thank you for everything. What time do you typically wake up?" she did not wish to oversleep and miss the chance to greet him the new day, after all that he had done for her. His answer elicited only a nod from her and she bade him a final goodnight before retreating to the room that he had indicated would be decorated with lavender.

The room was much the same as the white one that she had seen earlier, with simple decorations and the same furniture, the sole difference being that the sheets, bedspread, curtains... they were all a delicate shade of purple instead of the white that she had seen previously. The shade made her feel happy and she could imagine placing delicate purple lavenders in vases around the room to fill it with their light floral scent to match the color. Crazy talk, of course, she chided herself. Already she was thinking of this place as one for her to decorate. Something about Soren simply made her feel more comfortable than she ought.

Realizing late that she did not have any bedclothes and had failed to ask for any, she tried to evade the chill of the night quickly, stripping down to her undergarments and hitting the light before leaping beneath the covers of the bed. The covers were, mercifully, warm and she was not cold for terribly long at all. Nestling into the perfect little lavender nest, Morgan felt as though she had finally slept for the first time in years as her thoughts drifted to sleep.

Soren sleeps easy this night, happy she did not run from him. Perhaps he was too forward, however he believes intentions should be spoken and isnt afraid to say what he means, in the morning Morgan finds a card on the table beside the bed with instructions to get into the dining hall. His handwriting is elegant and it looks more like a formal invitation than a simple direcitons card, his name is signed on the bottom wishing her a pleasent morning. When you arrive at the kitchen Soren looks at ease and asks what you would like for breakfest.

Feeling a little bit on the grungy side, Morgan woke the next morning and tugged on the same clothes from the night before. While she was hopping around the room, trying to put her pants on, she noticed a card sitting on the bedside table. When she'd achieved getting dressed, she picked it up and scanned the directions, which were written in an elegant script. She might not have been so embarrassed if it hadn't been for the fact that the name, signed neatly at the bottom, belong to Soren.

Her cheeks tinted with pink, especially remembering his words from the day before. She'd been sleeping in nearly nothing last night, necessity as she did not wish to also sleep in the clothes that she would be wearing two days in a row. She hadn't expected anyone to see her like that, though she supposed she should have considered the fact that she would not know where to go without the directions.

Finally fully dressed and having even pulled her shoes on as well, Morgan exited the room in as much of a hurry as she could manage while still looking carefully at the card. The directions were simple enough and after turning a few corners, descending the staircase, and taking a few more turns, she arrived at her destination. The windows were open and light was streaming through into the kitchen, filling it with sunlight.

As soon as she entered, Soren was there to ask Morgan what she wanted for breakfast. Unsure of what food he might have to offer and trying to fight back a blush when she lifted her eyes to look at Soren, Morgan turned slowly to examine the kitchen. There still didn't seem to be any clues as to what sort of food they might offer for breakfast.

"I don't really know... what are you going to eat?" she said at last, biting her lip as she stepped closer, debating whether or not to make eye contact with Soren. She wanted to see his expression, to know when what she was saying amused him or, in turn, angered him. She just didn't think that she could keep her cheeks from flooding scarlet if she caught his eye.

"I also... I don't have any way of getting to a store to buy some clothes for myself. Do you have the spare time to give me a ride today?"

Soren smiles seeing you blush."Im going to eat bacon and eggs if your ameanable." He smiles lightly lighting a ciggarette as he waits for it to be cooked. He pushes the pack and his zippo to you assuming you want one. At mention of you needing a drive he smirks."Of course Morgan, i can drive you after breakfest, we have to go pick you up a car anyway so it would make sense." He ashes the ciggarette and claps as his meal is put in front of him by a maid." Arigato gozoimas Nagato-chan." (Thank you very much Nagato.)

Looking down at the bacon and eggs set in front of Soren, Morgan could feel her stomach grumble loudly in response and her mouth started to salivate a little bit. Patting her hand to her stomach, she laughed nervously at the grumbling sounds and looked around the room one more time. She could certainly fry her own egg, if she knew where the ingredients and utensils were kept. She didn't know what else to say about the ride, but she was glad that he agreed to take her to buy clothes.

"Thank you! After breakfast is marvelous. I'll make myself some eggs, too, if you don't mind. Just uh, can you point me in the direction of egg cooking materials?" she gestured at the kitchen with one hand, uncertain of how rude it would be to check through cupboards on her own. She found the courage to raise her eyes and look at Soren's face, curious to know what expression was on his face at any given moment. A half-smile, a twinkle in his eye, and she felt suddenly silly and short of breath.

Without meaning to, a small smile spread across her features when she saw his smirk. It did not, however, help that she now felt more than a little foolish standing in the middle of his dining room with a clueless expression on her face. She also felt so terribly needy, asking so many things.

He laughs openly at you asking to cook."My dear that is why i employ Nagato here. She does the cooking and cleaning, unfortunatly she only speaks japanese so i will have to pick you up a primer in it. The woman can certainly cook though." He smiles as he issues the orders to her in a smooth melodic string of japanese. She gives a small bow and sets off to make the food.

At the idea of having someone else to follow her instructions and cook food for her, Morgan felt as though she would blush again but oddly, it seemed that her quota had been used up and she was relieved that her cheeks remained at least feeling normal, even if she was struggling to keep her eyes making contact with Soren. Nervously, instead of acting humiliated, she attempted to show her gratitude with a small smile that hardly tugged the corners of her mouth.

"Thank you, Soren. You're very thoughtful. I will happily learn, or at least try to do so. I can't guarantee that I'll... ah, that I'll do any good at it. But I'll certainly work hard." She stepped gingerly closer to the table, breaking her gaze from his face long enough to slide out a chair across from him and sit down. With a great amount of silently trying to will her confidence into effect, she managed to lift her eyes once more to look him in the face. He seemed happy and that eased a smile across her features.

From another room, Morgan could already hear the sound of the food beginning to be cooked. The woman, Nagato her name was, she was very efficient and before long, the food was placed in front of Morgan. She scents wafting up from the plate made her mouth water. Morgan inclined her head, a small bow from the neck, and thanked her with the hope that she would understand at least that much English. With the utensils that Nagato thoughtfully included with the plate, Morgan made quick work of the food, or at least as quick as possible without scarfing it down as though she were a wild animal.

Swallowing a last bite, she raised her head once more. She didn't want to rush him if he had other things to do, but he had said that he would take her after breakfast. "Are you.. uhm. I mean, is it all right if we, you know..."