The Sapphire Navigator.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lance walked outside,Blood dripping from his face and arms. Blood of the Red Fleet, not his own. He was in a state of almost pure blood lust, having killed after so long was like a drug for Lance, and he was enjoying the high. His veins pulsed and his muscles bulged, a small rip in his shirt revealed a throbbing chest, with a small Tattoo of an Eagle. His eyes were veiled with a thick haze, a killers rage that threatened to end the lives of many before he was able to rest.

Next door the Red Fleet brutally BEat Terra, all the while demanding answers about Lance and his life. It was like they didn't care at all about the Girl, she was nothing more than a breathing punching bag for them. One of the Pirates hit her in the chest with all his force, spit flying from his lips as he did so.

" Where is Your Captain Living" Said another, Spitting on her like a dog as he did so.

"Why is he here on Narbra" YElled another brandishing a long, crooked dagger.

The pirate with the dagger ripped off her shirt and put the dagger to her ribs.

" Once more, you vile bitch" HE said pressing the blade tight to her side "WHy is he here"

Then he pulled the knife back and stabbed her, just below her second rip, away from any organs, but deep into her flesh . The blade got wedged between her two top ribas and he turned it back in fourth as blood spilled from the wound, trying to pry the blade free.

Lance was still standing in front of the bar, waiting for a sign. If he didn't get one soon he would search every house in Narbra to find her.

Ow...... being stabbed really kind of hurt.- Terra tried to catch her breath from all the stabbing and beatings. She wasn't responsive at all, which probably made them madder. One thing about this navigator, she could take torture in its extremities. This to her, would have been just another daily event from the planet she'd escaped from. Still, that wound was deep enough to cause her some worry. She let the compass send off its own distress signal then, illuminating the entire city with a blue light. Lance would feel a push in the direction of the warehouse she was being tortured in, hopefully he'd be okay even if he showed up here. Finally, she wasn't able to stay conscious, and eventually just passed out from blood loss. Terra was NOT having a good week.

As soon as Lance saw the blue light he knew it was Terra. He cocked the Shotgun, holding it in one hand as it was a very short sawn off gauge, and taking the Sword in his other hand. He looked like a vicious warrior, and he was. When he let his mind focus, he felt the pull from Terra telling him to go to the warehouse next door. He quickly ran next door and found a back entrance. He kicked open the door and saw the pirates around Terra, there were nine of them. He was out numbered, but he was not going to give up. Threw his sword, it plunged into the midsection of the Pirate with the long dagger who had stabbed Terra, he fell to the ground. Next, he grabbed the leader of the Red Fleet, who was standing conveniently by the back door. Lance elbowed him in the side of the face, sending a couple teeth flying into the air as he Put the Gauge to his head. Now they had a stand off. Lance wanted Terra, that was all. If he had to kil all the Pirates, or die himself trying he would. With the struggling Captain of the Red Fleet standing in anger with a gun to his, Lance looked to Terra then to the other Pirates.

"Give me the Girl" He nearly Growled between clenched teeth.

One of the Red Fleet members sneered at Lance, standing behind Terra, placing his hands on the girls unconscious shoulders. "You have to kill all of us first before you can get out of here with your little friend." Terra woke up then, knowing she was losing too much blood at a fast rate made her dizzy. She held her head just over her knees, trying to untie her own wrists, but only succeeding in causing rope burns. Still, the only exit was the same way Lance had barged in from, but the nearest hospital was just a few blocks away. If the Red Fleet were all killed, maybe they could get there in time. She didn't think about dying, she just tried to hang in there.

Lance, with a round Chambered in the gauge got a hell fire look in his eye and his face curled into a wicked snarl. HE knew what he had to do, he had to take a chance and try to escape while the vile pirates had his navigator hostage. He looked the member of the red fleet that had spoke in the eye and shot his a look of pure hatred, then he smiled.

"Kill you all?" He swung his arm around, still holding the gun tight to the leaders head, and broke his noes. At the same time Lances Weapon dropped and leveled onto the Pirate who had spoke, the one nearest Terra. He squeezed off a round, blowing him against the wall, his blood flying out in a spray. Now there were seven left,Lance would have to act fast if he wanted to live, and keep terra alive while he did so.

Suddenly, the remaining survivors of the Red Fleet turned and ran out the door, heading back to their ship and away from Lance as far as they could get from him. They were well reminded of the damage he could cause when provoked. . .and this -navigator- chick was just too weird as well. If she could glow bright blue who knew what else she could do! Terra stared at Lance, then quite calmly said "I think you scared them senseless- I suggest we get out of here.. . Thanks Lance." Then, she passed right back out. There was just too much blood lost on her part and she didn't really feel like waking up. "Hospital- two blocks from here.." She muttered in her sleep-state.

Hospital. Hospital. Hospital. The word kept running through lances head as he picked up Terra. There was so Much Blood and a huge wond in her side. Lance put his hand over the wound in an effort to stop the flow of blood. He ran, with his Navigator in tote, towards the Hospital. It was too blocks away, but Terra was light enough for him to be able to carry her and run at the same time. For now, the Red Fleet was the last thing on his mind, but he knew, sooner or later they would have to be delt with. In the back of lances mind he was happy to have killed 7 of them in one day. Seven just like the &7& he had ordered at the bar before the shoot out, was it coincidence? Lance thought so, he did not believe in signs, he never had. They reached the Hospital and Lance crashed in the front door, yelling

"I Need A Doctor!!"

Instantly a humanoid doctor appeared wearing a white lab coat. He took Terra from Lance, then told Lance to wait outside in the lobby while they put his friend through major surgery. Terra as still out like a light, until 2 hours later, when she woke up in the recovery room, heavily bandaged, but assured she'd make a smooth recovery -if- she took it easy for a few months! She rolled her eyes on that comment, but thanked the doctor, paying him in cash before hopping off that stretcher, letting a nurse remove her from the machinery and transfusions. She peeked her head out of the door -after- a nice shower and change of clothes- then looked to see if Lance was still outside in the sitting room. She was cautioned against moving a lot so she was being as careful as she could...

Lance was pacing in the waiting room, very worried bout Terra. She was out of it and bleeding badly after the attack, Lance was no Doctor, but he had a feeling she was in more than just a little bad shape. As he paced a Nurse watched him from behind the counter, an Android Nurse. She was programmed to help and serve. She approached Lance and said

"You look like you are stressed and anxious" The Android Nurse looked him over

" Oh, no I'm fine just waiting on a friend." Lance formed a weak smile, It was weird the way people felt like they needed to smile at Androids.

"Well, AS a nurse of this hospital I am obligated to offer you something, would you like 20mg of Valium?"

Lance thought about it for a moment then said yes. The android left then returned with two little blue pills with a "V" cut into the center. Lance popped the pills, with out drinking the small paper cup of water and thanked the Droid. By the Time Terra got out of Sugery, Lance was calm and relaxed. He felt Great.

" Terra!" Exclaimed Lance " How are you" He almost rushed up to hug her, bu instead just gently put his hand on her shoulder.

"Well, we should head back to the ship now."

"Yes, we should.." Terra agreed, more than a little tired. She would need lots of rest but knowing her stubborn self wouldn't get half of the recovery time she needed unless ordered to. The nurse gave her a month's supply of strong pain pills, then let the two of them go back to their own ship. A Red Fleet body was seen decapitated not more than a foot away, thanks to the ghosts stopping any and all intruders. She leaned against Lance, mostly for support so she could get there faster. She didn't believe in taking her time about things, injured or not. They needed to get back to the space station and hook those cameras up. "I'm okay Lance.. but... who were those people after you? I caught the term Red Fleet.....why did they hunt you down?" She wanted to know as they boarded their small ship.

They got back to the ship and Lance was floating nicely. He wanted Terra to rest, but knew she wouldn't listen. She was a stubborn one. She leaned up against him, Lance brifly put his arm around her and gave her a squeeze, the words "Must keep this professional" going through his head as he did so. Then she asked the question Lance had been dreading, he didn't want her to know that he was also being hunted. When she asked he got up and began to start up the ship to leave Narbra.

" It was a long time ago, Terra" He took a deep breath "The Red Fleet is a vile band of Space pirates, they will stop at nothing to kill me. I owed them some money and long story short, they want me dead."

With that Lance fired up the Ship and took off of the dock and into space. They would be back at the station soon, once there Lance would try his best to make Tara rest, even if it meant installing all the cameras himself.

"It's alright Lance... everyone makes mistakes." She said, sounding a bit fuzzy. "I'll try to help us keep as much distance from the Red Fleet as possible.." She added, falling asleep just moments later. She wouldn't be waking up for a few hours at most. The blood transfusion had gone well, but she was just exauhsted from being constantly injured and abused. It was like being a slave all over again. The worst part was. . ."I guess I should admit that slave owner you killed wasn't the only one I escaped from then... but it's less likely I'll run into any others." Yep, that was Terra, talking in her sleep again. Trouble was, she didn't remember passing out.

They Got back to the station without a hitch, a seemingly rare occurrence for the two. After Lance docked and locked the huge steel doors barring their station from outside space, he looked to Terra who was asleep, no doubt from the powerful pain pills that the Doctors had giving her. He scooped her up in his arms and began heading back to their room. HE would get the Cameras Later.

When he got to the door he opened it with one hand, with the other still holding Terra close to his own body. HE set her on the couch and put her laptop near to her so she wouldn't need to get up. Before he headed back down to get the Camera equipment he said

"Terra, I want you to REST. If you need ANYTHING, just ask me."

"Rest..pest.. wake me up when it's time to install those cameras." She said, curling up on her only uninjured side and trying to stay semi-conscious for a while. She hated being knocked out, she couldn't give useful directions or even figure out what was going on around her if she was oblivious. She preferred to act as though this had just been another day. Which for her, it probably was. She'd be stubborn and independent until she kicked the bucket. Literally. She wasn't going to be listening to the whole 'rest' for months on end statement that was certain!

Lance got all the camera equipment (including his electricians bag with all the tools he would need to do the job). He made his back to their room and saw Terra was getting to sleep. He was going to make sure she stayed in bed, at least for a few days.

Next lance took the installation disk that came with the camera set up, it would provide the program that would sync up the cams to their laptops, as well as the comps located in the station. He took out the cameras and took them to the various places around the station that they would be installed. One would go at the bottom of the stair case and another at the top. Another would go in the dock next to their small ship. The last would go right outs their room. Lance worked quickly, using a ladder he had found to place them at optimum spots to get the best angles. When he was done he wen tback to the room to test them, they worked great.

Afterwords, Lance was feeling a little hungry.

"Hey Ter, I'm going to the kitchen to get some Lunch, What do you want." He hadn't given her orders yet to stay in bed, but if she tried to help he would "I want you to rest, ok"

"I'll rest.. .for now. And soup sounds good, thanks Lance." She said before going to sleep and was unable to say anything else. She hugged one of the pillows and remained close to Lance as long as he was still there.. She wasn't having the best week but hopefully things would go a lot smoother after this. They both needed a break from all the drama that had been happening to both of them. At least they wouldn't have to land on any other planets for a good long while. That was a plus.

Why was lunch so awesome? It was the perfect meal to break up the day, sometimes lance would skip breakfast just so he could eat lunch. As he left the room he locked the door behind him, wating to make sure nothing more would happen in this 24 hour period. The run in with the Red Fleet had left Lance tired and drained. He knew they would be back untill he killed every one of them, thats the way they were; relentless and brutal. He found his way to the kitchen just fine and began looking for what he wanted to eat.

Terra was easy, just soup. He picked out a nice chicken noodle and toasted some bread to go with it. For himself, something a little more substantial. He found some nice thick cut bacon along with a loaf of white bread. He throw 8 pieces into the toaster and fired up a near by stove for the bacon. There was no tomato or lettuce, but he did find sme cheese that had been preserved and mayo. After his toast went off he pasted the mayo on the bread and placed the bacon down with the cheese, a w e s o m e. Next he wrapped his four bacon sandwiches in some butcher paper and got Terras soup. He headed back up to the room and set Terras soup on the table nest to the couch and sat down at the table.

" I'm Starving" Said Lance Taking a HUGE bite from his first sandwich, he made four just in case Terra wanted more than just soup, he was always thinking about his Navigator.

And Terra was always thinking about Lance. . .not just as a captain either. She sat up, rubbing her eyes when Lance brought back lunch. She managed to eat the soup, but wasn't hungry for anything else and pushed the sandwich back to Lance. "Thanks, the soup was good. Are there any planets we need to go visit right now? I can set the course from my laptop and not even have to get out of bed." She offered, in case there was something close by they could explore -and not get shot at- though that option seemed very unlikely. Somehow both of them had become literal trouble magnets.

Lance powered down his first sandwich like he hadn't eaten for a week, in the process a piece of bacon flew astray and landed on the floor. HE reached for his next one and took another mega bite. It was so good. the way the crunchy bacon went so well with the creamy and melted. Lance barley noticed as he went for his third sandwich. He devoured it like a beast as he went to drink the ice cold root beer he had taken from the kitchen. Then Terra spoke, and Lance listened between bites of his fourth sandwich.

"Well, Seeing as you need to rest" Said Lance chewing and raising a partial eyebrow at her " But after that theres a near by Planet i have always wanted to visit. It is the only planet in the Galaxy to have an Android over Human Ratio, I hear they have the best Pizza in the universe too." HE paused realizing his mind was always on food "Yea, i think we should go there." With that he finished his last sandwich and pounded some more root beer.

Terra went ahead and lifted her laptop with her bad shoulder. Ow.- She logged into the computers system of the station and asked for the name of the planet so they could see how long it would take for the two of them to get there. "Pizza will probably sound really good after a while." She admitted, typing in the course so fast her fingers flew over the laptop keys. She was a computer wizard as well as a navigator since the two seemed side-by-side on occasion. She'd rest in bed. . .until they got to that planet.- "I think when we land I'm going to take a weapon this time." She told Lance, figuring that might help if they ran into anymore trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.