The Sapphire Navigator.

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Alright, Ter. " he said taking the cleaning products to put in a small box he had gotten to put some of his things too. "Just let me know when your ready, I'll be just in the other room here"

Lance walked off to fix up a double malt chocolate shake, passing by where Maricks body had been and noticing that the Ghosts of their ship had taken care of the "mess". Nice, thought Lance. He made his way in the Kitchen, setting the box down, then running behind the counter to make a Chocolate shake. It was going to be Delicious! Packed with chocolate and topped with whipped cream. After a few moments he came back from around the counter with a grin on his face like a child. HE thought Terra may need a couple more minutes so he waited out side the Ship for her.

Terra was silently giving her own thanks to the ghosts who'd rushed out so quickly to help her. While she installed updates, fiddled with technological gadgets and software, she cleaned her laptop and did a little web-surfing to pass the time. The whole process of updating everything took very little time since the station's network and computers were both lightning fast. She yawned, feeling more tired than she'd first thought, and occasionally drooping in the arm chair as if falling asleep there. That- wouldn't feel too great in the morning.

Lance drained his milkshake with a satisfying "SLURP" before throwing the cup into the waste bin. Then he got another idea, there was an oven in their large apartment. hmmmm Pizza? He dug through one of the freezers and came out with a frozen "Chicago deep dish" pizza, it was heavy and thickly loaded with filling. About this time, he headed back to their small ship and saw that Terra was working on the networking and such, hopefully they would have better coverage in the room too. Lance paused for a minute, putting the pizza into the box with the other things he was going to bring back, then thought about taking a few more guns with him up to the room. Better safe than sorry, he thought as he grabbed a sawn off 12 gauge with a pistol grip and a short range plasma rifle. HE strapped the guns on his back then picked up the box. Luckily he still had one free hand just in case Terra needed help.

" Hows it going Terra." Lance asked without realizing he had a milkshake mustache.

"All done here, ...great mustache by the way- it's really a good look on you." Terra teased, with a grin after jolting herself awake again. She yawned, but refused to stretch just yet. Instead she stood up, deciding she could go to bed now that things were done for the night. She was hungry but not for a lot. She mostly felt tired and stiff. Like she'd been curled up on cement for an hour.

Lance helped Terra up the stairs with one arm around her waist and the other clutching the box with their supplies. Around his back were the two guns he had decided to take, no need to take any more chances. When they got to their room, lance made sure to lock all three dead bolts as well as chain the door. HE was thinking that if Marick had found them, because of Terras Sapphire, then it would be possible for anyone too. After Lance set everything down and put the guns on the floor buy his bed, he went to pre heat the over.

"I got a Deep dish pizza, are you hungry?" he turned the over to 425 and unwrapped the awesome pie. Just then he had a thought.

"Maybe we should hook up some cameras tomorrow, what do you think? That way we could sync them with our computers and be able to watch different parts of the ship while inside the room?"

Terra had wondered about that. If she- could find any location because of her built in compass- why couldn't the same device lure others? It was a creepy thought she didn't like, and it certainly was okay with her to install cameras just in case. "I'll hook up a few cameras in the most important rooms, like the ship's hangar, and the important areas. And yes, that pizza looks delicious. I'll eat a little, thanks." She was occupied with more worries. But she settled for carefully prying a few plates from the cabinets for the two of them two use. "Speaking of tomorrow- are we going in any particular direction,captain? Is there a nearby planet?" She was curious because nothing slowed her down in exploring either.

Lance thought about it for a second, then checked a near by map. He inspected it and found what he was looking for, It was a small nearby planet that had one of the hugest tech supply store in the universe. The planet was called Narbra, and the store was called "Circus city". There they would be able to find everthing they needed to totally secure their small room on the station. Mostly what they needed was the cameras and link up equipment.

"I think we can get everything we need on Narbra'" Said lance polishing off his last slice of deep dish. "How does that sound?"

Terra thought that sounded just fine, and finished her own slices of pizza, before cleaning up. "Sounds fine. I guess I'll actually -sleep- tonight so you can't tell me I'm not allowed to go with you cause of some dumb injury." She smirked onery-like before going upstairs to write a list of things they might need from 'Circus City'. Interesting name for a place, she thought before getting back to her own bed and turning off her light, leaving the other light on since Lance would most likely need it when he got upstairs. She changed into her casual pj's, taking care not to jostle her injuries, glad it had been bound tight enough to not have to worry too much. Soon she got comfortable enough to fall asleep, curled up on her good side, trying not to dream.

Lance, now with a full stomach, starred off into the distance. His thoughts drifted, not unlike the very space station they occupied, off into space. He thought about the many trials that had brought him to where he was. It was strange they way small, almost non-existant, choices could influence the out come of life. So many times lance had thought that everything happened for a reason, but this is a false belief. Everything happens because of the small choices everyone makes, everything works together and forms a solid outcome, much like math. There is no fate. Life is like a perfect math problem, with our choices being the many variables. Terra was with him only because of a simple choice, not fate. Although he would often dwell on the fact that such a perfect match for his insane love for exploration would land right in his lap.

Lance shook the thoughts from his mind. He was getting tired and ready for bed. By the time he realized this, Terra was already asleep. He took of his shirt and got into his bed, looking out the huge window just before nodding off into sleep.

Hours after Terra woke up to control the ship again, she navigated the station towards a huge purple and white planet the size of Jupiter. She scanned the atmosphere, pleased to find out that it was very inhabitable with perfect breathing atmosphere, no viruses at all- and plenty of purified water areas. She cleared customs, identified herself to the president of the planet: "Murkanoff" who happened to be a strange greenish alien with a large oval head, a thin body, strong looking arms, and enormous grey eyes. The people on the planet varied from humanoid to robotic- even squid-like creatures. She then thought it would be best if she woke up Lance so he could go through custom clearance with her. Hopefully they wouldn't run into any problems while getting the equipment they needed. After writing a list of what they'd need, Terra went to go ping a sock at Lance's head to get him awake. "We won't be landing this ship on the planet that's for sure." She grumbled, hurrying up the escalators back to her and Lance's room. She took a rolled up sock from the floor, aimed it- and pegged it at his head- then told him they had 30 minutes to an hour before they got lectured..

Lance was deep inLance was in a deep sleep, that pizza really put him down for the count. He had heard somewhere that Turkey had sedative properties, but Pizza? Either way there was no way he was waking up, until he felt something bounce off his head.

"Wah…where?" he slowly opened his eyes and looked up, only to see Tara sitting standing there, and from the look in her eye he knew she had thrown it. It didn't take him long to realize what was going on, they had approached the planet of Narbra, and as the large purple and whiteness loomed in the window, Lance scrambled to get his gear together. IT wasn't a hostel planet, or so he though, so he didn't bother bringing his side arm.

Lance grabbed Terras arm and said "We gotta hurry, to my ship." He knew, since she had already talked to the President of the planet that they had only minutes before they would close the gates. They hurried down to the space station dock and boarded the ship. Before long they were airborne and well on there way to the Planet Narbra.

Located on Narbra was Circus City; A huge tech supply depo. It had everything from electric can openers to media players, from computers to turntables and everything in-between. The store was so well stocked that it earned "The best tech Store north of the milky way" 3 years in a row. It was a giant building located on the main continent of the planet, and on the outside was little more than a 12 brick building, but on the inside it was a multi level shopping center with glass elevators and a 200 person staff. It was set up similar to a mall of the 20th century, with small stores and shops scattered throughout the main building, except instead of each small store having there own cashier, there was central place where all the exchanging of money took place, it was located just before the exits. In the middle of Circus City was a indoor ferris wheel (Circus City,lol), it was the pride of the store and it was kept running all day until the store closed.

They docked the ship and disembarked, taking care to warn the Nabraians of the ghosts that kept watch over their hip as they did. After a few customary procedures Lance and Terra were let loose on the main Continent, Circus city was only a short distance away.

Located about half a mile south of Circus city was a small bar called "Gods Gift". The name was an ancient reference to idea that alcohol was gods gift to humanity, especially wines and spirits. It was a small concept building, Its roof was a wide mirrored dome that tapered down into the main four walls of the structure. Two large, wooden swinging doors barred the entrance. Over the doors was a sign, obviously an antique, that read " No shoes, No shirts, No service". Little did Lance know that inside "Gods gift" were several ranking members of the dreaded Red fleet, and little did they know, the man that had killed over 30 of their members had just landed on Narbra.

Terra was staring pretty much in awe at all the shops and distracting sights that the city had to offer. She was impressed by how many people were here shopping at once, and at the people themselves. Finally she pulled out of her daze and spotted the cameras and technology store- leading Lance inside where she browsed for high tech cameras to place around the station's most important rooms. They weren't going to take any chances like the previous night's incident. But she had to wonder- was she just a trouble magnet or something? That could prove hazardous later on, so she hoped no further incidents would jeapordize their explorations. She was going for the focused approach, and had no idea about the Red Fleet, since Lance hadn't exactly mentioned them often.

Terra found the cameras quickly, she always was able to navigate her way through crowed places with ease; that always amazed lance, who was often times lost in places like The Circus City. Their was nothing else they really needed, as they had more than enough supplies on the Station. Lance was still feeling a little bogged down from the pizza. HE needed a little pick me up. After they paid, The store staff was more than happy to bring the Cameras to their small ship. It was all very quick and efficient.

"Hey, Ter you want to find somewhere to get a drink or something?" Lance shifted uneasily at how much it sounded like he was akin her out "I mean, I could use ine if you want to come."

"Sure Lance. Where to? No alchohol for me but I am thirsty." She agreed, after surveying the cameras being unloaded.She had to make sure the ghosts didn't slaughter the poor helpers just because they might be considered intruders too. So far no signs of activity stirred within the ship- which was a good thing. Maybe they were sleeping, figuring no one would be stupid enough to try anything today. She didn't even think Lance would ask her out like that. Sure the two of them were close, as friends. But she seriously doubted she was his type of girl to go out with like that. Romance didn't seem to fit anywhere in Terra's books. Which sometimes was okay.

After the slightly uncomfortable situation, Lance grabbed Terras hand and led her through the Circus City and out into the main street. She may have been the best navigator in the galaxy, but Lance could sniff out a bar a mile away. He had had his fair share of beyond drunk nights, now he just drank a little to relax, not often though. His favorite drink was 7 and 7; 7up and Segrams seven, besides theater he would take a beer as long as it was ice cold. After a short distance he spotted an oddly built structure with a sign that read "God's Gift" and under that "Cold Beer"

"Well' this is the place" Lance led her inside the Bar.

"After you," Terra said, following behind him to the bar. They got a seat at the counter- where she ordered a large mug of coca cola, with just a tiny amount of rum. She didn't drink often either, preferring water most of the time, but this could be a good exception as any for today at least. They'd gotten most of what they came here for taken care of, and seemed to be making really good time. They had a while to explore the place before they left again. She contented herself by casually watching people from the corner of her eyes- smart enough not to make eye contact, but still able to see those who were close to them or nearby.

The bar was pretty empty, save for a couple comatose patrons that looked as if they had been there since noon. Behind the bar, to lances surprise, was an android bar tender. It was strange because after the unfair anti Android work act, many had been replaced due to the amount that were going insane due to repetitive tasks. After they sat and Lance ordered a 7&7 with a double shot, nice. It was a little sweet but the 80 proof booze cut it nicely. Lance took a sip and turned to Terra, noticing that there was a group of men in the VIP lounge making quite a racket. It was 5 ranking members of the Red fleet, but Lance had no Clue.

"What service at Circus city, huh? We were only in there for like 30 minutes and we got everything we needed" Lance took another sip and then stood up " I'm going to hit the restroom, be right back, ok Ter?"

Lance headed towards the Restroom, little did he know a Red Fleet Space Pirate was watching as he did so. The pirate recognized him as the one who had murdered on of his best friends, and now he wanted revenge.

Terra had no clue what was about to happen. In fact, she simply nodded to Lance as he went to the restroom, sipping lightly at her own drink. She was glad things had gone so well, and simply watched the VIP lounge, since they certainly seemed to be having a lot of fun. Her mind drifted to what if land- the biggest one being, what would she do if she actually had to retire from exploring one day? But a strange. . .chill went down her spine as she felt watched. Whoever was watching didn't feel like a nice person at all. Maybe it was time to hightail it back to the station? Or was she just paranoid?

Lance headed to the restroom, unaware of anything except for his over-full bladder. Terra was left alone at the bar. Behind the Curtain of the VIP two dark eyes watched intently as the Captain left the room. The dark eyes fell on Terra and they belonged to Balrog, a sergeant of the Red Fleet. Balrog turned, his red bandana swishing behind him in his haste. He ran to the table in the VIP where the rest of the fleet was sitting, enjoying mass amounts of alcohol.

" I've spotted him" Gasped Balrog to his commanding officer " "The red terror, he's here!!!" {(the red terror was a name that had been given to Lance after he had slaughtered over 30 members of the red fleet.)}

The other Pirates at the table jumped up as Balrog continued to speak. There was about 15 of them in all, and each looked meaner and tougher than the last.

"I has a plan" Screeched Balrog downing a glass of Moon Rum as he did so " He's with a young lady, And he is currently in the restroom. If we snatch the lady he will for sure come to find her!" The Pirates Jumped to attention as Balrog continued with his plan

"You five!" He said pointing to five of the younger members " You stay to Welcome the Captain Lance as he comes back from his bathroom break, we'll snatch the girl." The five young members Cringed, knowing that they may very well be having their last drink on earth. The Red Terror, Lance, was a killer and they all knew that well. So as Balrog made his appearance, Grabbing Terra as he and 9 others hurried out the door, Lance was in the restroom about to come back out.

Lance opened the Bathroom door. The first thing he noticed was that the bar had gone quite In the Wake of Terra being kidnapped, although he didn't noticed her to be gone yet. The next thing he noticed was that Terra was gone. Then he saw them; Five Members of the red fleet, armed with Revolvers and swords. Lance was unarmed, so he acted fast. The first of the Pirates opened fire, bullets hit the wall behind Lances head and broke bottles behind the bar. Lance jumped bend the bar, using the Android Bar keep as a body shilled. Bullets hit the Android, blowing chunks of metal into the air.

" Come out you Space Whore" Yelled the Pirates, now charging the bar.

Lance Dropped the Android and ducked down, desperately searching for a weapon. Then he found it; A dust covered Sawed off shot gun, probably used years ago by the human bartender who no doubt kept it for protection. Lance snatched the Gauge and cocked it, It was loaded. He jumped up and fired two shots, the first took the better part of the lead pirates head off, while the second hit another in the arm. There was now three Pirates left, and they were confused as Lance jumped over the Bar and charged them. He used the shot gun as a club, knocking another to the ground and Grabbed the sword from his side a she fell to the ground. Then he Slashed upward, killing another. Now there was only one member of the red fleet left, and Lance could tell he was shaking and out of bullets. He fell to his knees to beg.

"Please….please don't kill mess, I have a family i do!" Lance disregarded him and grabbed him around the neck, his eyes bulging with Range.

"Where…..Is …… She" he said, tightening his grip on the mans neck.

"I….i…i…don't know, Honest, don't kill me" Lance wasn't sure if she was near by but he was sure that the pirate was not lying. He had no idea where she was so he was of no use to lance alive. He pulled the Sword back and sliced the Pirates neck open as blood spilled onto the floor. Lance let go of his body as it slumped to the ground.

God's Gift, The bar, was a total wreck. Glass littered the floor and blood from the five dead pirates was quickly forming a pool on the ground. On of the pirates, the one who got hit in the arm, was slumped over in a chair, it was almost comical the way he was drooping in the chair with his arm missing and blood dripping from the blown off appendage. Behind the bar, the Android, who had at least six large holes blown into his body, was pacing back and forth repeating the words ""Can I help You….Can I help you…Can I help you??" He was in obvious shock from the attack. The entire scene was a smokey, bloody mess. Lance, having no more business here, took one of the Swords and the Shotgun and left the bar, In search of Terra. Lance was nervous, but he didn't show it. There was only one certainty in his mind, he was going to have to get five more notches on his tattoo now.

Terra didn't have time to remember any self-defense moves as she was roughly grabbed, then hauled off to the warehouse just next door to the bar. She was tied to a chair, where the remaining Red Fleet soldiers waited for Lance to home in on the girl. She wasn't giving them answers they wanted, so they were considering torturing her first, then leaving her remains for Lance to find just outside the door. Problem was- Lance probably had the ability to find her anywhere considering how much time they'd spent together, the effects of the Sapphire Compass worked in mysterious ways. But Terra was actually hoping Lance wouldn't come into find her, considering what these creeps had in store for him if he showed up. Terra took each blow to her face with defiance, not telling anything they wanted to know. Unfortunately, she started seeing spots. She wondered if this was going to be her last day alive. From the looks of things, it was a good possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.