The Sanguine State

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gabriel - Nightclub
Gabriel didn't bother voicing any agreement to Staznov's plan, but he saw the logic in it. If the cavalry was delayed or not coming at all they were in a bind, but they couldn't just call the mission off. He'd been hoping the truck's arrival would pull the guards away, but there was no use waiting for the slow bastards. They'd need those weapons in the armory more than ever to pull the whole plan off now, and it was up to just him and Staznov since everyone else was apparently fucking around downstairs.

He turned round and headed for the manager with his hands in his jacket pockets. Where before Gabriel had been lazily strolling as he moved, now he adopted a more direct stride as he set his face into a sneer. He knew he'd have to make a ruckus to distract the guards, but not enough to get himself beaten down or shot, so just attacking the manager was out of the question. It seemed it was time to kick his rich asshole persona to maximum overdrive.

"Yo, fuckface." Gabriel spoke loudly and clearly to make sure the security guys could hear, cigarette tucked into the corner of his mouth and a bit of smoke puffing out with each syllable. Just to be sure of things, he tilted his head back a bit and jutted his chin toward the manager to make it clear both how much of an asshole he was and who he was talking to. "Why's your club such a piece of shit, man? Ain't got fuck all for decent entertainment. My father's in the business of buying out shithole properties like this and tearing it down to make something that ain't an eyesore." Gabriel took a quick drag on his cigarette as he approached the manager, then blew smoke right in his face with a grin. "I'm thinking I ought to tell him about this one." He paused for a couple seconds, then continued in a purposely amateur sly voice, as if he was some rube trying his hand at deception for the first time and didn't realize he was speaking loud enough for anyone in the hall to hear. "Unless you make this place's continued existence worth my while, I suppose."

If that blatant display of aggression and dickishness didn't bring the guards over, then the idiots were probably too unobservant to notice Staznov kicking the door in right in front of their faces. Hopefully they'd hustle him into the manager's office for a not-so-friendly chat, but even if they decided to take him down to the security room or throw him outside that would still get the job done. Either way, he readied himself to complain and struggle enough that it would require both the guards to move him anywhere, thus leaving Staznov and the armory unwatched.

Reactions: Iben
[BCOLOR=transparent]An Amorous Alibi[/BCOLOR]
@Limeypanda and @Iben

Nightclub

[BCOLOR=transparent]Anya was not amused with the way things were transpiring. It had started out bad and had been slow to improve. Aleksander was slow to appear and a partner was slow to adhere to her offer for a dance. In the end though, she saw the mildly familiar face of fellow rebel, Pavel, and things seemed a little more smooth. She could at least go through with her plan now. "I don't believe we've met before, Herr…?"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Shestakov, but please, call me Lev."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Anya smiles, before giving her best formal curtsey. "A pleasure, Mr Shestakov. If you are an acquaintance of my father, than I am glad to inform you of his good health. However, I care little for that now. We are at party, after all! Shall we dance?" A look in her eyes made the request seem more akin to a demand. There was a spark of cunning in those eyes: the eyes of a schemer, one might say.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Of course, dear madame," Pavel offered with an roguish smile, that hurt him at the core of his being, extending a hand to the slender, charming young woman in front of him. "Shall we Waltz?"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Anya nodded a brief consent, allowing him to move his hands onto her hip. In the other hand, she held her drink, as opposed to taking his. She leaned her lips into the cold ears of the vampire, keeping her voice to a low whisper. "In a moment, I shall stumble and spill the drink over myself. From there, we shall make our ways towards the bathroom. Are you ready?" She leaned back away from the man, at an arm's length and ready to begin the dance.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Naturally," Pavel said with a nod as he took a step forward, letting his long legs purposely move him just a bit too close to his newfound dance partner. Taking care to adopt the air of an amateur, he overcompensated his bumbling steps with an exaggerated shift of his arm, providing an ample excuse if not cause for Anya to spill her drink.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Anya couldn't hide the little smile from spreading over her lips as Pavel moved into position. The way he quickly adapted to her very sudden plan was admirable, and spoke volumes of his usefulness. Needless to say, she was quick to intentionally stumble over Pavel's extended leg and spill the contents of her drink over her dress. Her smirk was gone under a practiced visage of anger and annoyance. She stamped her foot against the dance floor. "You idiot! I've spilled my drink...it's all over me! Take me to the bathroom, or I'll be telling my father about this!"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Happily adopting an apologetic and far less cheerful continence, Pavel, stammered nervously, "I-I'm so very sorry, please, right this way" - taking hold of Anya's hand, he began to lead her towards the upstairs bathroom. Encountering a stern face guard at the foot of the stairs, he muttered something apologetically and gestured towards the furious women behind him. With a slight chuckle from the guard and the exchange of a small number of bills, the pair of rebellion operatives were soon on their way to inner sanctum of the club.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Despite the small scare involving the guard, it seemed that Anya's plan was going without any notable hitch. She had no idea what the guard was thinking, seeing a man and a woman sneaking into the privacy of a unisex bathroom, but she didn't care. As soon as they were in the clear, Anya took the lead and guided Pavel towards the bathroom. She had memorised the available blueprints of the building and she had chosen to make her way into the bathroom for a simple reason: it was right next to the manager's office.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]She pushed open the door to the bathroom and pulled Pavel inside the bathroom dropping his hand and walking over to a nearby mirror. "Good, we're in position. Now we just need to wait for the chaos downstairs."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Pavel nodded, checking his watch again, "Yes, and if they don't show up for the dance, we'll just have to proceed without them."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Anya turned her back to Pavel, before sneaking a hand down to the split in her dress and pulling out her pistol. "That shouldn't be an issue, either way. It would be safer for us if they distracted the guards for us. Are you armed?" She changed the subject at an eclectic pace, plans within plans rushing around in her mind. How long did they have to wait? How long would it be before they aroused suspicion? Would guards patrol any time soon?[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"I am not armed in the traditional sense, but I have a couple of tricks up my sleeve courtesy of my current affliction," Pavel answered as he began to unbutton the top buttons of his dress shirt. "Now madame, if you would, some lipstick on my shirt. If we are discovered, I would prefer to have an excuse at ready."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Anya paused at the request, almost unflinching as she thought through the idea. After a few moments of indecision, she nodded. "That makes sense, at least." She strolled towards Pavel, leaning forward to plant her lips delicately against the collar of the shirt, staining it bright pink. Pausing, she moved her lips to lightly kiss his neck, staining the skin of his neck, as well. "Perfect. There should be no doubt, if we require an alibi now."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Anya stopped again, before leaning down and ripping the slit of her dress slightly. "And now, you are an accomplice in this...amorous alibi." She offered a little smirk to the man, as if teasing him.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]In a moment of unexpected humanity, Pavel grinned in return and winked, before making a mess of his hair, "Indeed, we have already one guard convinced of our lewd intentions and if we encounter others, our story will stick."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"So now, we wait?" Anya leaned against the sink, taking a moment to check that the pistol was loaded. A brief smirk crossed her face as she imagined the rumours that would fly, should they be successful. Rebellion cells were not immune to such dalliances, after all.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Yes, now we wait," Pavel replied, once more checking his watch and hoping for chaos to arrive only slightly behind schedule.[/BCOLOR]

Last edited by a moderator:
Terissa and Dean
Bank Truck

• Terissa slipped from her seat as the truck began it's evasive maneuvers, landing on her hands and knees. When bullets tore into the front compartment, she instinctively covered her head. "Shit!," she heard Dean exclaim. "I thought these things were supposed to be bulletproof?" The two of them followed Samuel out the back of the truck into the bricked-in dead end. Running his hands underneath his toque and through his hair, Dean turned on the spot, lost for words and action.

Tapping her crowbar against her boots, Terissa swore, succinctly summing up her opinion of the situation. "Even if we blow a hole in the wall and keep going, I think that'd tip them off that shit's hitting the fan," Terissa said, "and the fire escape leaves us wide open to bullets." For a few moments she tried to think of some kind of plan to still get to the club, but without the truck there was no way to get there quickly or quietly. "I think we need to abandon ship. Blow the west wall and try to get to the sewers."

"But the people- classmates at the club are waiting for us-" Dean interjected.

"And trying to get there will only set Aleksander's guards on high-alert without our firepower to take care of them," she grimaced. "They're going to have to figure out a different plan."
  • Terissa slipped from her seat as the truck began it's evasive maneuvers, landing on her hands and knees. When bullets tore into the front compartment, she instinctively covered her head. "Shit!," she heard Dean exclaim. "I thought these things were supposed to be bulletproof?" The two of them followed Samuel out the back of the truck into the bricked-in dead end. Running his hands underneath his toque and through his hair, Dean turned on the spot, lost for words and action.

Tapping her crowbar against her boots, Terissa swore, succinctly summing up her opinion of the situation. "Even if we blow a hole in the wall and keep going, I think that'd tip them off that shit's hitting the fan," Terissa said, "and the fire escape leaves us wide open to bullets." For a few moments she tried to think of some kind of plan to still get to the club, but without the truck there was no way to get there quickly or quietly. "I think we need to abandon ship. Blow the west wall and try to get to the sewers."

"But the people- classmates at the club are waiting for us-" Dean interjected.

"And trying to get there will only set Aleksander's guards on high-alert without our firepower to take care of them," she grimaced. "They're going to have to figure out a different plan."

Bank Truck

The sudden change of plans had seemed to shake both Terra and LJ to their cores. In the eyes of the human woman excitement shines as she steadies herself after the bumpy ride and is amongst the first out of the truck, duffel slung over her shoulder. LJ, though was rattled, her breath coming unevenly as she grips her assault rifle with trembling hands. Terra smirks and shakes her head, "LJ, ease up with it, you're fine. We'll be fine." She licks her lips and listens to everyone's thoughts. Blow the walls they say? Blow the walls she will!

A wide grin spreads over Terra's lips as LJ watches on, even more unsteady by these shifts in her friend's composure, but attempts to ignore it. The Abolitionist human lights a cigarette as sets her duffel on the ground and starts work on crafting a breaching charge. She unspools the line, picking up her duffel and moves back into the truck for cover, "5. . . 4. . . 3. . . 2. . . 1. . ." She pipes up, "Clear!"

Double-checking that everyone was well clear of her blast, Terra blows the charge. Debris goes fly, chunks smattering up against the walls and the trunk with loud thunks and dust goes up into the air. She coughs and laughs as she gathers her duffel and whistles sharply for LJ to follow. "I'm not a dog!" the teen snaps, swiping at her.

"Well, excuse me for not knowing what armadillos come to," she smirks, shouldering the bag as she draws her pistol. The breach in the wall was only big enough that they could all enter one by one, even Mafuyu with her encumbered form. LJ gives Terra a questioning look before they both sigh and reach out one hand, quickly shooting a game of Rock-Paper-Scissors. LJ losing, to which she kicks up a few chunks of debris, Terra proceeds forward with a smug smile.

Entering into the apartment, it appeared to be upper middle class. Rather comfortable, well, it would have been, were there not dust now coating it debris scattered over the floor. A family of four were huddled on a couch, terrified with an LCD television tuned to some classic movie channel. Terra flushes in embarrassment, this would probably have been a scene she would have been greeted with at her own home. This should have been her own life, should she settle down. She blinks and tries to focus on the present. "We aren't here to hurt you. Point us to the exit and get clear, lay low. I can't promise the people following us won't hurt you."

Terra lowers her voice and leans in close to Terra, "Hey, Terr... I think you're forgetting something real vital here..."

"Yeah? What?"

"You just blew a hole in their house."

Last edited:
"Okay Anya, you've got this. Wait it out, then play out the plan. Absolutely nothing can go wrong, right?" -Page 1, Anya Samson.

Nightclub

Els' attempts to draw attention worked as several onlookers watched and jeered, some in favour of one party, some in favour of the other. It didn't take long to attract the attention of the guard by the doorway to the staff area, who walks over with a scowl plastered plainly across his face. Crossing his arms, he looks to the bartender who shakes his head. "She's lying about the drink being poisoned, I was watching." He then winks to Maurice, who blinks in confusion as the guard grabs Els' arm and starts leading her away to the staff area, shaking his head. "You should know better than to lie, we'll call your parents now." Maurice grimaces and shrugs, it was apparent he wasn't expecting her to be dragged off without him. Dragged into the staff area and unceremoniously thrown into the security room, she would see the security guard watching one of the cameras intently as he waved off the brutish thug. The security guard himself was a little overweight and likely overpaid, though the camera feed he was staring at what appeared to be a security breach in the armoury...

Speaking of, it was very clear that Gabriel's plan was more than a success as the manager rolled his eyes and motioned for the guards to take him away. Gabriel was thus succinctly punched by one of the guards as both then grab his arms. The manager returns to his office, and after moving a few feet away they both stop as one stares at the bathroom. "Did ya hear that Fred?" The guard known as 'Fred' merely shrugged. "Yeah. Probably a couple of dumb shits snorting drugs and justifying the case for eugenics Dan." The guard known as Dan then shrugged, the two appeared to have a lot in common in mannerisms. Dan then lets go of Gabriel to investigate the bathroom as Fred forcefully moves Gabriel to the stairs on the first floor. It was then that there was the sound of the armoury door opening by force graced both of their ears, causing his eyes to narrow. "Look you lil' shit, don't cause any more trouble." He shoves Gabriel down the stairs back to the first floor and pulls out a pistol, turning his back to Gabriel to move to investigate the source of the noise.

Meanwhile, in the bathroom on the second floor, Dan burst into laughter as he looked at the pair before him. Still, notable, his hand was resting on the pistol at his waist. The pair could see past him, the manager's office now had no guards at its doorway with both of them preoccupied...

Bank Truck

As Mafuyu climbs up the ladder to try and make her point, the bank truck was no longer covering her from view of the enemy as she hears a few loud yells behind her followed up with the words "open fire". A stream of bullets sprays just above her as she ducks out of the way. Even if she had been hit however, the armour would have protected her from any serious damage. It seemed as though it was an option for her or Samuel. The vampire grins as he slowly levitates off the ground. "That gave me an idea." Erica looks at him with a mix of confusion and anger. "What are you doing?!" Samuel pats his LMG. "They're not using anything too dangerous for me or Mafuyu. I can cover her up the ladder and she can cover me ascending to the second floor. We can be a fire team covering you from above and buying you a little extra time to get ahead of us. Then you can cover us catching up to you, and so on. You know, like frogs darlin'." Before Erica can object the wall is blown open, revealing the panicked family. Looking back to Samuel, he was already levitating above the bank truck and spraying down on the officers who were painfully underequipped to handle the situation at present. It seemed like an option to just kill them all, though that would likely cause Aleksander to retreat by extension should the Rebels prove to be too much for the local police forces to handle.

Erica looks to Terissa and shakes her head. "No, we're moving forward. Retreat is an option only when we've exhausted others." Looking into the apartment she moves first, the less intimidating frame she had seemed to put the family at a little more ease than the two rather terrifying explosives-toting people from before. "Calm down. It's okay." Erica says softly to the kids before looking up to the parents. "The sooner you tell us where we need to go, the sooner none of us will be a threat to you." The parents both point to a door leading further into the apartment complex. "L-Look, I should tell you this, but there's also a smuggler's route into the sewers in the basement." The husband stated as the wife scowled at him. "Please leave us alone." He adds quickly. Erica nods and motions for everyone to follow, opening the apartment door to a hallway. On both ends of the hallway were stairways and doors into the place: North and south. The way south led to the police, who were likely going to attempt to breach the door the moment Samuel's distraction peeled off. The way north could easily lead them either outside onto the streets where they could try to put some distance between themselves and the police, or into the sewers...

... Though, it should be noted that dangerously hungry mongrels and vagrants also occupied the sewers, not just smugglers...

Karl - Bank Truck

---

Karl looked at the idiot who decided to climb out of cover as Mafuyu ducked back down beneath the line of fire. The cops were persistent he'd give them that. He stepped into the family room with his machinegun held levelled towards the bank van. "Don't worry ladies, gentlemen and minipeople. We're not here to kill you. But if you hear gunfire, hug the floor." He said tipping a hat he wasn't even wearing, the gesture intended to make them feel a little better.

How they'd possibly feel better with a great big hole blown in their wall Karl didn't know. But maybe they were insured? He glanced at the TV and saw some program wanting people to sign up for a blood drive. Shrugging he stepped through the door to the hallway and braced himself facing back into the loungeroom facing the exploded hole. "Ladies and gents, I suggest we pick a direction, i'll cover this entrance until we're all through."

Karl debated blowing up the bank truck with his missile launcher and take the cops with it, but he only had one shot on him and didn't want to waste it on anything less than the intended target.

Johnathan - Night Club
Having bought a drink to occupy himself with, and to avoid the bartender's ire, while he was at the bar. Though things had been going slowly, it seemed that a few things were intent on happening all at the same time. In the corner of his eye he noticed Gabriel stumble down the stairs from the second floor, apparently having been shoved. Immediately after, it seemed that the commotion she'd raised had ended up with Els getting dragged off towards the staff hallway. Glancing between the two options that had presented themselves, he racked his brain for a second before recalling that he had noticed two other operatives slip upstairs as well. Given that Staznov had headed up upon entering, they probably had a heavy enough presence on the second floor. Finishing what was left of his drink with a small sigh, he made his way over towards the unmanned door.

Nearing the edge of the party goers, he paused for a moment and used the cover of swaying bodies to check Aleksander's seat. While he didn't think the elite Enforcers would busy themselves with investigating someone entering a closed area, it was best if suspicions weren't raised at all. The helmets made it impossible to really tell where the six were looking, but when all six visors were faced away, John moved. Slipping under the hanging ropes and into the hallway past the door, he hoped that he hadn't looked too rushed or unnatural to anyone looking. Glancing up, he met the eyes of the guard that had escorted Els as he closed the door to the security room, and he did not look at all pleased to see John.

"Sorry about this, but would you mind actually letting me have a world with the lady you just took? I'm hoping others don't have to be brought in." Raising his hands in a gesture of peace and taking a slight step back, he hoped the guard would be willing to let someone else deal with the problem rather than take care of it himself.

The Bank Truck
Mafuyu Charles
The others seemed content to blow up the walls below, and proceed from there, leaving Mafuyu hanging there like a militarized spider monkey. "So we're-" she ducked instinctively as several shots peppered the wall above her. "-oh snap son! Didja see that!?"

"That gave me an idea." Vampire man started floating. Damn that would be useful. Perhaps she should integrate some sort of flying device for her exosuit. "They're not using anything too dangerous for me or Mafuyu. I can cover her up the ladder and she can cover me ascending to the second floor. We can be a fire team covering you from above and buying you a little extra time to get ahead of us. Then you can cover us catching up to you, and so on. You know, like frogs darlin'."
"Ok~, covering fire it is!"

The ladder creaked as she climbed up, aided by the augment wraps, climbing faster than any man with that much equipment could. Tumbling into an open window, she struggled with the light machine gun's straps for a moment, before bringing it to bear towards the enforcement people spraying lead towards them. She fired off a few bursts at their general direction, more to force them into taking cover rather than to actually kill any of them. Not waiting to see if they return fire, she took cover.

"Y'all better get those asses moving now if y'all know whats good for you! That means move before dem people shoot yas."

She'd have to wait for super man there to stop floating and actually get in here, and then haul ass with him towards the baddy. Had to stop wasting bullets though, she only has another box, and shooting people with a grenade launcher just seems like overkill.

Gabriel - Nightclub

Gabriel maintained a sullen silence as he was forcefully directed toward the stairs. He figured a spoiled little shit getting hauled out of somewhere would pout instead of raising a ruckus, because of course those of the upper crust are too dignified to make a scene. One of the guards getting distracted by some noise from the bathroom was unfortunate, but Gabriel figured that it would still serve the purpose of giving Staznov a few moments to break into the armory so he didn't try to retain that guard's attention as well. His intuition was rewarded by the sound of a door being smashed open.

After the guard gave him a shove and went to go investigate the noise, Gabriel waited a moment before following. He knew better than most how to move quietly, so he employed this knowledge as he stalked the guard, moving quickly enough to hopefully catch him before he got near the bathroom door the second guard had stopped at. Gabriel brought his fists up into what could be mistaken for a boxer's stance, twisting his wrists to shake the fabric of his loose jacket and dress shirt down his forearms and away from the magitech lightning cells they had hidden. He quickened his step to get as close to the guard's back as possible, ready to shoot the man with a full dose of lightning the moment he got close enough to actually touch the man with the gloves for maximum effect, or the moment the guard caught on to his presence and started to turn on him just to avoid getting shot for his troubles. Hopefully the sound of the music from downstairs would sufficiently muffle the minor noise caused by the lightning discharge and the thump of the guard's limp body hitting the floor.

Last edited:
Nightclub

Well, shit. Els glared at Maurice, as if it was somehow his fault that she'd been the one who was hauled off, trying to maintain eye contact with him until the curve of the hallway cut off her line of sight. As the door swung shut, leaving her alone with the plump guard, she couldn't help but panic. The plan was to stick together, as two of them could have definitely controlled the staff hallway in preparation for any trouble on the dance floor. Going solo sort of put her in a bit of a predicament.

She glanced at the luminescent screens that intermittently lit up the guard's face, and out of the corner of her eye, noticed Gabriel's stunt with his magitech gloves. Glancing nervously at the guard, she knew she had to do something. Her fingers danced to the gun she had holstered at her side, but perhaps it wasn't the best choice to blow his brains in. Els heard a voice outside of the door and she knew that the other guard hadn't fully left them behind yet. There was a second voice out there, too, and she thought she recognized it as one of her allies. With those two variables in place, her fingers seized and she instead began to shout at the top of her lungs.

"You asshole! What do you think you're doing, keeping me in here when that dickhead's still out there?" she growled at him and reached out for the chair that the guard was sitting in with one hand, turning him around with a sudden, violent jerk, making sure that he couldn't see what Satznov and Gabriel were up to. Drawing the gun from its holster, she swung it at his head with all the force she could muster, figuring that a pistol whip would probably be enough to knock the guy out and keep the entire hall from jolting at the sound of her gun.

A LimeyPanda and Iben Collab, featuring Brovo, our Glorious leader

Anya Samson & Pavel - Nightclub

...Gone Awry
_______________________________________________________________________________________

Anya was shocked by the appearance of the security guard. She hadn't expected anyone to sneak in and interlope upon their little hiding spot so quickly, let alone a security guard. She gave Paval a quick glance that showed some of the nerves in her eyes. It was natural for the situation, either as Anya Samson or Anna Fuchs. She knew she couldn't exactly discuss the best course of action. It didn't look like he was going to leave anytime soon, and they could easily see how easily the manager's office could be accessed. They needed to do something...drastic. She looked at Paval, before swallowing away her fears and putting on the mask of the character.

"You idiot, we were meant to be doing this privately!" She slaps Paval's chest in mock frustration, before turning to the guard. "You there, guard. What do I have to...do...to keep you from telling on us?" She tried to put on her most sultry voice, as if she was trying to make the offer as obvious as possible."

In turn, Pavel offered his most debauche and haughty sneer in concert with Anya's respectable performance and spoke in the clinically debased manner so common among the vampire lords, "I assure you my good man, that my companion is most talented."

The guard rolls his eyes and puts away his firearm back to his waist, wrapping his arms over his chest and looking them over. "Riiight... You kids can go back downstairs now."

Anya looks at Paval, annoyance in her eyes as she comes up with a small slither of a plan. She mouths two simple words to the Vampire, her back to the guard. Stall him.

She sighs, adjusting the ripped slit of her dress in annoyance and ripping it slightly more by accident. "Sie dumm fuhrt. Can you give me a minute? I need to sort out this dress." With that, she disappeared into the nearest bathroom stall, closest to the door and shut herself in.

Pavel scowled, partly at the failure of their ruse and in equal parts for being commanded to stall the guard, he was a doctor dammit, not a conversationalist. No matter, he thought, he could be charming if he had to, he had been human once, "So...how much would it cost for you to find us a more quiet place to continue? A room with a nice couch would do just fine."

"You want a place like that? There's a hotel across the street with rooms for forty dollars." Don shrugs and looks around the bathroom for a moment. "Y'know, I've been doing this job for years. You could try not lying to me." He points at the vampire's crotch. "I ain't no doc but I can see when a man ain't interested n' what they're gettin'."

Pavel frowned and habitually ran a hand through his hair with growing frustration. Taking care to step into the guard's line of sight and doing his best to block the man's view of the door of the stall which Anya now occupied, Pavel shrugged, "Acting was never my forte, allow me to introduce myself…" Stepping closer, Pavel extended a business card to the man, "Johannes Nansen, my compatriot and I are dealers in antiquities, we were hoping to make it into the VIP section and perhaps have a chat with the owner of this fine establishment." Pavel had no great knowledge of the man Nansen, but he had been given by the annoying man earlier as he entered the club, either way he hoped it would buy enough time for Anya to finish whatever it was she was up to.

Don reaches for the firearm at his waist again as the vampire approached him, he was obviously suspicious but was focused on Pavel. Taking the business card from Pavel's hand, he examines it for a moment before tossing it away. "Antiquities? This ain't a museum. I've had just about enough of your excuses, too." If Anya was going to do anything, this was perhaps her only opportunity. "You've got one last chance to explain yourselves before I lead you out of the club."

Anya had been listening into the entire conversation and she was, in fact, surprised by the astute nature of the guard. He had rather quickly seen through their ruse, and that made him a threat. Threats needed to be eliminated.

She had withdrawn the gun from her hip, her Sig Sauer variant was cool in her hands, and she was ready to do what needed to be done. She was about to burst through the door, when she decided to duck her head under the stall and quickly see what was going on. She noted the shoes of someone facing away from her. Pavel's shoes, at that. That gave her a window.

She didn't make a sound as she gently pushed open the toilet door, extremely annoyed that Pavel had decided to drag the guard over to her position. It made sneaking much harder if the person happened to be looking in your general direction. She'd gotten the door about a finger's width open before she started to worry the guard would freak out. "Nearly done boys."

That was when she decided to move. The door was open enough that she could pull it open as fast as possible and push herself through...Right into Pavel. She shoved the man sprawling into the guard, hoping beyond hope that he'd react quickly enough to pin down the guard.

Finding himself suddenly falling forward, courtesy of a far from gentle push, Pavel grabbed onto the guard that happened to be standing serendipitously in front of him, the vampiric doctor was not sure what his human ally was planning, but he had enough sense to grab hold of the hands of the guard as the two unceremoniously tumbled towards the floor.

The bodyguard is shoved back into the hall, falling backward as he trips over himself. He didn't expect a fifty year old man to go tumbling into him, and being that he was nothing more than a bodyguard, he didn't manage to do the logical thing of pulling out his handgun while falling back. He was, however, strong enough to throw the fifty year old man to the side and start reaching for his side arm to shoot Pavel's young friend…

Anya, unlike the guard, had been far ahead in regards to keeping her gun at the ready. She had hoped that she would be able to just pistol whip the guard, but it seems that she had gotten a dance partner who did not compliment her plans. Where was a werebeast when she needed one? Things would be so much simpler if Pavel had been able to pin the guard down or, god forbid, just hadn't dragged the fool into view of the stall.

She raised the Sig Sauer and pulled the trigger once. If she was lucky, maybe the music downstairs might muffle the shot enough to not cause huge alarm. Unlikely, but she could dream. She lined up the shot between the bodyguard's eyes and pulled the trigger. Adrenaline and the shitty situation they were about to be in meant that she had much more to think about than things like: "this man might have a family", or "Maybe he doesn't deserve to die."

The gunshot rings clearly through the hall and likely got the manager's attention, though there was no immediate reaction from the floor underneath. Between the chatty crowd, thick floors, low calibre firearm, and heavy pulse pounding music, it seemed she managed a relatively clean kill. Dan's lifeless eyes stare back up at her, almost as if trying to make her feel guilt from the grave.

Anya stared briefly into the bodyguard's eyes: as if locked in a staring contest, before she turned to look at the Vampiric doctor. "Grab his gun, we need to make it to the manager's officer ASAP."

Pavel rose to his feet and nodded, grabbing the gun from the floor, before rifling through the guards pockets in search of anything useful.

There was nothing of any particular use in the guard's pockets save for three dollars and fifty cents. Neat!

With nothing left to keep them in the Bathroom, Anya began to sneak through the club's second floor, moving towards the manager's office as quickly as she'd allow herself, considering she was determined to check every corner.

Terissa and Dean
Bank Truck

• Scowling at Erica's quick admonishment of her plan, Terissa followed the others into the building. Seeing the family inside, she considered removing her helmet in order to be less intimidating before deciding the heavy armaments and destroyed wall spoke for themselves. Dean trailed in afterwards, sighing upon seeing the blood drive ad on the TV. Crossing the room, he unplugged the TV and turned to the family. "We interrupt your regularly scheduled broadcast to tell you to stay here and keep your hands where the guys following us can see them," he said. "They'll probably be on edge, and we apologize for the inconvenience. Really-"

"Don't be a shit," Terissa interrupted, grabbing his arm and leading him further into the apartment. Turning to Erica, she broached a new plan. "I'm willing to bet those sewers can get us to the club just as easy as the streets," she said, "but without having to worry about helicopters keeping tabs on us. Water and smell will give even a werewolf a hard time figuring out where we're going, so we can focus on hauling ass to the club instead of grinding through a firefight.

"So if that sounds good to you,"
    she finished, "I can go tell our high-flying friends to get down here."
  • Scowling at Erica's quick admonishment of her plan, Terissa followed the others into the building. Seeing the family inside, she considered removing her helmet in order to be less intimidating before deciding the heavy armaments and destroyed wall spoke for themselves. Dean trailed in afterwards, sighing upon seeing the blood drive ad on the TV. Crossing the room, he unplugged the TV and turned to the family. "We interrupt your regularly scheduled broadcast to tell you to stay here and keep your hands where the guys following us can see them," he said. "They'll probably be on edge, and we apologize for the inconvenience. Really-"

"Don't be a shit," Terissa interrupted, grabbing his arm and leading him further into the apartment. Turning to Erica, she broached a new plan. "I'm willing to bet those sewers can get us to the club just as easy as the streets," she said, "but without having to worry about helicopters keeping tabs on us. Water and smell will give even a werewolf a hard time figuring out where we're going, so we can focus on hauling ass to the club instead of grinding through a firefight."

"So if that sounds good to you," she finished, "I can go tell our high-flying friends to get down here."

Status
Not open for further replies.