The Sangruis Society

"Oh, yes, that royal blue number... Go for it, you'll look dashing. I myself like the colour, but Padraig refuses to wear anything with colour. He's all about dark browns and blacks and... it's so boring. Just once, I'd like him to don some emerald-coloured dress pants, or a deep crimson shirt, but he's ever so stubborn," the former human grumbled, his tone more or less playful despite the attempts at seriousness, breaking any facade by leaning up and offering a kiss.

It surprised him that he had forgiven his boyfriend so quickly after the brutality of his mother's murder, and even though the images failed to remove themselves from his head, he couldn't bring himself to hate Padraig for it. He ought to, he knew that he had every right to continue to hate him, but he saw the man as his soulmate - losing him when he needed him the most right now wasn't going to help him. The impromptu murders at the hotel was evidence of how lost he was without Pat at his side.

"...You know, I'd consider... taking a break from London with you if you just considered adding a splash of colour to your wardrobe," he murmured as he leaned against the counter in the kitchen, a slow smile pulling at his lips. "I suppose a little exploration of the world would do me some good - and admittedly, I find the idea of you being captain of a ship rather attractive, Padraig."

“Wait - you aren’t serious, are you?” Confirmed the former pirate, his eye wife in shock. He had begrudgingly settled on the idea that Obediah wouldn’t want to explore the seas with him for at least a decade, so for him to suddenly offer the trip only made the man confused, a faint blush to his cheeks.

Taking Obediah’s face in his hands, he knelt down a tad and laughed at his words. It had to be a joke, for the man to be willing to give up everything just for some colorful shirts or suits. Offering a kiss to the man’s forehead, he looked at the others to confirm that it was strange.

“Sure, of course. I would wear an obnoxious white number just for you. I’ll... detest it, but I would do much worse for you, my love. You’re kidding though, right? Like, I’m going to go mad if you’re being genuine.”

Reactions: potassiumboron
"...Obviously I'll be revoltingly seasick and I can't imagine I'd be a pocketful of sunshine, I assume I'll be rather moody for the first few days as my sickness occurs, but... well, relationships are about compromise, aren't they? You stayed here for four years because I needed you at my side. Now I'm a vampire and... not at risk of any of your crew members tearing me apart, then I think I can do something for you. Don't look so surprised. I'm... not a monster, nor am I selfish. Will I dislike it? Possibly at first, but I also imagine that being on the sea at night with the stars above us will be quite romantic. Maybe we need to do this, hm?" He suggested quietly, finding the other's bewildered reaction understandable (and rather cute) though it wasn't said in jest to find amusement in letting him down and getting his hopes up.

Obediah would never do that anyway, finding that to be rather cruel so him saying that he would go with him was clearly a decision he was confident in going ahead with.

"Besides, I have centuries with you to spend here at the Society. A year or two on the sea, seeing new lands, doesn't seem like such a bad thing. I want to do this, Padraig. Whenever you want to head off, I think I'd like to join you."

“Oh my - you aren’t poking fun, right?” He confirmed, needing every ounce of validation he could. The last thing he wanted was to get his hopes up and make plans only for them to fall through the cracks, and he had been shot down so many times that the idea just didn’t fully transfer. Nonetheless he couldn’t help himself but get excited, as was evident by his toothy grin. Easily lifting Obediah up, he immediately offered a passionate kiss before peering over to August.

“You hear that, August? Obediah wants to go adventurin’ with me!” Gushed Padraig, unable to hold back just how exciting the whole thing was. He never truly felt himself on land, always feeling just as trapped as he did when he was human. Being able to feel the emotions he felt were suppressed on land, now with Obediah’s by his side? He wanted to shove it in August’s face, in all honesty.

“Do you think you could manage this place without me for a few years? Hell, I’m pretty much the backbone, it might all crumple the minute I leave land,” he teased, only then deciding to set Obediah down.

August observed Padraig's undoubted happiness and heard the equally happy laughter from Obediah, but all he could muster was a strained smile in reply. He had seen Padraig disappear for months on end during their long friendship that had spanned a good century at this point, so he was used to him being away from the Society. However, he wasn't comfortable losing both him and Obediah for a year or two, the idea of not having either of his best friends at his side making him feel almost irritated by the news.

He hoped that he would have Forrest at the Society by then, in a committed relationship with him, and that would at least take the upset away a little. However, if that plan didn't pan out and he didn't have the man with him, then he would be left without two of the people he had relied upon for so long. He had everyone else at the Society, that was true... but none of them really came close to Obediah or Padraig.

"...I think I'll manage, Pat. You aren't the glue that holds us together; I take that role," he teased lightly, forcing himself to smile. He was happy, of course: it was just dimmed a little when he realised that he would have to get by without them. "This... won't be for a few years though, yes? You can't be setting off yet, not until Forrest is part of the Society here."

“I’m willing to wait until then, yeah. Maybe not years, plural, but I think we can wait a year. What’s a year to someone who can live forever?” He replied, his smile only softening just a tad. It was true that he was willing to wait a decade if he needed to, but that didn’t mean he really wanted to. August and Obediah were the most important people in his life, and the other members he saw as family, so he was willing to make a few more sacrifices if it meant that he could leave when everything was stable.

“He seems to be warming up to you. Perhaps not as quickly as some others in the past but you’ve also never gone after someone who was married, so... I think you’re making good time,” he reassured with a firm nod as he held Obediah close. He wanted to whisk Obediah away to the bedroom in his rush of excitement but if Padraig was good at one thing, it was reading the room and, from what he could tell, August wasn’t in the mood to watch him rush off so happily,

As good as Obediah felt he was at the same skill, he evidently overestimated that talent when making little effort to hide his eagerness to head upstairs with his boyfriend. All he needed from him to get him in the mood was a loving look and perhaps a kiss on his neck, so to be swung up into his arms and showered with kisses almost immediately had him feeling aroused. It didn't take much, but Pat's show of strength and how handsome he was when he smiled certainly did it for Obediah.

"Why aren't we going to the bedroom? I want to show you how happy I am, hm? You don't even need to do anything; I know what to do to make you happy," he purred, his unsubtle allusions making August snort under his breath, unable to fight a smile off his face at the younger vampire's obliviousness. "I mean... I'm in the mood, Pat. Face it, I'm always in the mood with you. Would I like to celebrate with some blood and a good book? Certainly, but I know you'd prefer to... I don't want to sound whorish, but... well, you'd prefer to get hot and heavy under the bedsheets with me, and that does sound awfully enticing, so..."

"You're no whore, love, you're just very open with your love," he purred in defense, taking in Obediah with that very same loving look. With a snort, he did look back at August for some sort of silent reassurance to at least make sure it wasn't rude to just get up and leave. Once he noticed the smile, he immediately grinned himself before easily lifting the youngest vampire back up into his arms.

Obediah wasn't teeny but he certainly had the body of someone who didn't need to lift a finger in his childhood, as opposed to Padraig who had always enjoyed more physical labor. He enjoyed being treated with respect, sure - it was why he enjoyed being captain. He also enjoyed being on equal ground at the same time and he just didn't feel that way when he was urged not to lift a finger amongst the Society. He still found ways to keep himself tough but Obediah wasn't one of those.

"Relax, if you're that desperate then who am I to deny you?" He continued with raised brows, offering a wave to August as he easily headed up the stairs to their bedroom, humming all the while/

"I know you're not opposed to admiring your reflection, so how do you expect me not to be desperate to have you ravish me - or vice versa, of course, I'm not selfish like that," the younger of the two smiled as he was placed onto the bed, still finding himself in awe of the other's strength. He was a vampire, so lifting him up wasn't too taxing, but he still chose to ignore that and instead admire his boyfriend for the strength he did genuinely possess. That was blatantly obvious just from looking at the man and taking into account his stature and the muscular frame that went alongside it.

"I'm sure the others hate us being here, annoying them when we're being loud during our... moments of intimacy, so being out on the open sea might help somewhat. Unless I only proceed to annoy your crew with my... appreciation of you," he murmured as discreetly as he could, far too embarrassed to speak too openly about the intricacies and involvements of sex. He was still a gentleman of the society he lived in, brought up in that quintessential Victorian household - speaking so openly about sex didn't disgust him, but it did fluster him, as evident by his fidgety hands which he tried to desperately calm down.

"So let's try to be respectful. I can't promise anything, but... well, I can certainly give it my best shot. I don't want them all glaring at me later for disturbing their meditations or reading or whatever."

Reactions: saturnia pavonia
“Who cares what they think? I’m one of the original members of this damn place, love. Unless I burn this place to the ground, I’m almost certain that no one will complain,” he reassured with a chuckle before setting Obediah down on their shared bed. He was never one for ‘proper etiquette’ so he rarely cleaned up which only infuriated August, but he rarely saw the point in making the bed when he fully intended to mess it up later.

In fact, he didn’t really see the point in a bed for anything but sex. They didn’t sleep and there were plenty of places to lounge so what was the point other than to be intimate? Deciding not to focus too much on the details, he instead hungrily began to kiss along Obediah’s neck as he loomed over him.

“Oh, I can only imagine,” he murmured, his hands holding his lover’s head. “Just imagine making love with the sounds of the ocean around us. I can’t picture anything more romantic, hm? You don’t understand how much I want this, especially with you by my side.”

"I just-- I want to go, I'm actually excited about it. I just want your crew to like me, Padraig. I... I want most people to like me, I can't cope with people disliking me, which is sad I guess, but I really want your crew to like me because they're so important to you and-- and I can't imagine they'll take too kindly to me immediately, but... I'm worried about nothing, aren't I? I always do this, I must be so annoying. How do you cope with me? You're a literal saint," the younger vampire smiled, letting his anxieties abandon him for the moment. He probably wouldn't stop worrying about it until they were actually on the ship and in that environment, but he didn't want it to ruin the sudden intimacy, as it often had done in the past when he couldn't quite let go of something he was panicking over.

"We can go whenever you want, we don't have to wait," he continued in the effort to move on from his obvious insecurities, smiling as he shifted up further on the bed and beckoned his boyfriend to sit down beside him. "I don't think we need to wait around here when there's no need for us. August is far too busy with pursuing my brother to even notice us right now."

“If I’m gonna be honest with you, they might stick their nose up at you if they find out you’re from the higher class but they’ll realize that you aren’t some ignorant, snooty little fly like some of the others,” he reassured honestly as he shifted to lay down beside Obediah.

“The crew might have more or less members now, who knows? It’s been a hot minute, you know? It’ll be like one big family reunion,” he continued, his briefly faltering smile instantly returning at the idea. He could remember every face as if it was just yesterday that he stepped off their boat. “You’ll fit in perfectly, don’t worry. So what if you had a nice upbringing? You’ve been through enough struggles that they won’t be able to bug you - they like to do that, you know, go on about how they’re the tougher pirate blah, blah, blah.”

"See, now you're just worrying me more. I didn't even take into consideration the fact they might dislike me because of my background and... oh god, my accent will give it away, won't it? Even if we don't tell them, they'll only realise that I speak... with an accent and... they might think I'm snooty, Pat. I'd hate them to think that. I just thought they'd be wary because... I'm an outsider. I didn't think it'd be because I was... posh," he grimaced, his attempts at leaving his anxiety behind failing the moment the feeling sharply heightened at his boyfriend's words. He knew that he hadn't intended for that to be the result of the comments, but they clearly hadn't helped calm Obediah's nerves - if anything, he was much more panicky than before, his eyes wide as various scenarios immediately ran through his head, all ending with the entire crew hating him and Pat suggesting he go back on land.

And the possibility that it might come true only made him emotional, biting his lip hard to stop himself from getting too upset, feeling like growing teary would appear pathetic of an apparently strong, immortal vampire.

"...Yeah, w-well... I'm probably tougher than all of them, so they... shouldn't pick a fight with me," he murmured in an attempt to be brave, smiling to himself at the idea that he, a supposedly 'posh' and gentle new vampire could possibly overpower older vampires who spent their days on the sea.

“Relax, dear, it’s nothing you need to worry about,” he urged, his hands moving to carefully hold Obediah’s cheek, offering a soft smile. He knew that the other man was notoriously anxious so he had gotten used to these unreasonable bouts of worry. More often than not he could calm him down, and it hadn’t gotten to the point where he was no longer upset when that anxiety interrupted intimate moments.

“You know better than anyone that I’m going to do everything I can rock make you happy. If they cause you trouble, I’ll tie them to the outside of the boat and let them crisp up,” he reassured, his voice low in seriousness as he absently let a hand through the other’s hair affectionately. “This will be fun, I promise.”

"I... You'd do that for me? There's absolutely no need for anyone to get hurt over me, but... well, I appreciate the suggestion. There's nothing I like more than you acting authoritative, after all. I can't think of anything more attractive to me than you bossing people around," he smiled, his nerves slowly calming down at both the other's words and the gentle soothing to them. Combined with the older vampire's affectionate smile and touches, Obediah was soon able to stop the frantic nature to his words and behaviour, shaking his head to himself at how ridiculous he felt.

"...I'm sure my brother won't mind. I'll need to ask him first if I can go, it's only polite. But I'm sure he'll allow me to go. Even if he says no, I won't listen to him; I just think it's respectful to involve him and encourage transparency between us after all the lies," he drawled, making a move to sit up against the headboard. "Maybe we'll come back in a year or two and he'll be a vampire, wouldn't that be great? I'd love that. He's the only family I really like, at this point. You've met my sisters; they're all utterly vacuous and spiteful and-- it makes me angry thinking about them, aha..."