The Salvation of Madame Alabaster (OOC/SIGNUPS) (ACCEPTING RPERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is only my first RP on this site so thanks for the compliment <3, I've just been RPing for a while and found a style that works for me and it's kind of a mixture of styles from some of my favorite writers and RPers.
I wish i had style, Im like that geeky kid in the corner that knows big words. I just kinda listen to music and write :/

Well I do that too but you're style is mostly how you choose to put words together, where your punctuation goes and how you describe things. Everyone's style can range from a little to a vast difference. Plus it changes over time so you barely ever realize it :)

Decided to give them time. Ill be out and about today a bit, so I will let this all simmer a bit.
Also, theres a reason how she knew all of their names. Itll be revealed later so no sweat :P

I figured, but even if you told us OOC he still wouldn't know, I like to keep my characters thinking XD

Yah we might know alot about the entire story ahead our characters dont know shit so its fun to react wildly to the littlest of surprises

Good point. I'll type it all up and explain you all the general direction we're going. At first I didnt want to because I didnt want you to feel restricted, so I'll be general.

SPOILER ALERT

The golden parchments are metals infused with blessed ether, which came from the Temple of Homs. The substance of 'fate' allowed Madame Alabaster to bring 'worthy adventurers' to do her biddings for her. The Eternal Calender in the Temple of Homs predicts a great power-change in the land of Lucidel coming in the next years. Secretly, Madame Alabaster knows this means she is about to die to open the new era of Homs like her grandfathers did before her. To obtain immortality she sends out these adventurers to obtain the Jewel of Life to grant her immortality before she dies. To do this you'll need to speak to every sage, and solve the trials of each Colossus and the secrets / hostility behind each scenario.

1) You may notice Lucidel Center has no Colossus. This is because The Madame destroyed it and is feeding off of its Ether, which explains her power of Center Lucidel. Which is also why the Sage of Centre Lucidel isn't actually a sage.

2) Raziel, apart from the Madame, wants the blade and jewels for himself, which is why he accompanies you with his vast knowledge of the Lucidel World. He is actually a banished Sorarian, kicked out for his use of illegal ether techniques and destructive nature.

3) The Sage of Lucidel Center will explain you the Ethers and the folklore and the details of your adventure like I just did above.Each sage will give you 'their blessing' for the Vessel of Lucidel.

4) The journey goes from Forest --> Sea / Ice --> Desert --> Lucidel Center (Again)--> Sky--> Ice Again The difficulty goes harder as you go farther up the line

--> [FOREST] The Forest Folk are hostile and difficult. The Sage has sealed away this colossus which is largley inactive. Yo need to find it in the vast jungle. The jungle has been dying out slowly due to the fluctuation in ether because it has been inactive for so long. Follow the thickening forests to find it. The Sage had merged with the nature around him, which makes him hard to move around. He is the simplest, wisest man of the sages and will give it easily.

-->[SEA] The shard of the Colossus of the Sea (Whale) Is hidden inside his body which is infected with ether parasite by Madame Alabaster. The ocean is also being dumped into, which is destroyed the kingdom. He is infected and attacks everything he sees. He swallowed the Shard to protect it. You will need to get the Blessing of the Sea to breathe and swim properly from the Sage. Youll need to get the shard by travelling through his digestive track.

-->[DESERT] The Colossus of the Desert is complicated and has no sage. Its statue has broken down, so it uses its resevoir of mind ether to reveal itself to worthy travelers. This Colossus is shrewd and hostile. It uses its Mind ether to try to turn those who approach it insane, as a test of their strength. In short the desert is called "The Desert of Dreams" and "The Desert of Whispers" because of the strong mind ether this being used.

-->[SKY] There is no clear path to the Sky, as its only been revealed in the texts of the Great Homs. "The Temple of the Homs is a monument where the Heavens of Knowledge meet the power of the Earth". Which you will find out, it means that the temple itself is the vehicle to the sky country that had been sealed off from the Great Homs at the moment of their betrayal. To get there you need to present the rest of the pieces to power up the vessel to send you skyward.

-->[SKY] In the Sky you will need to defeat the Sorarian Colossus, who needs proof of the strength of these adventurers. You'll need a lot of skyward battle tactics here. Lots of flying about and beings violently tossed. The Sage will open its library of knowledge to you, telling you about the Vessel of Lucidel, a powerful blade made by the Colossus as the key to the realm that hides the Jewel of Life.

-->[ICE] The blade is magical, but centuries of aging made its Ether fade away and its metal snap in half the minute you wield it. The power of the four shards require the blessing of all the sages, which you will do. Raziel will insist you bring it back to Madame Alabaster for closer examination. This moment the adventurers will be kicked out and banished outside of the walls. Madame Alabaster, the true Sage of Lucidel will bless the blade and go to The Land of Snow (North of the North Sea), where the Temple of Colossus is hidden. The blade, a natural compass guided by a powerful strain of Ether, will guide her to it to bring her Salvation. She will wield all the power of Lucidel with the control of the Colossus. The blade can only be held by a pure heart. Her heart is pure greed, which transforms the blade into a weapon of evil.

-->[END] Your job is to stop her. With the pure hearts of all the sage which will join you the minute they sense an imbalance in Lucidel, and all of your character, will stop the Madame before she becomes immortal. In the end, death will be both her and Lucidel's salvation.

I'm a big fan of The Legend of Zelda, if you didn't notice. It follows its structure rather closely. The journey is shorter than I imagined, but I hope you enjoy it anyways!

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw things and sense spoilers, I shall not look... I like surprises.

I hope you saw I had a few cards of surprises up my sleeves for you all. Just trying to be a good GM xD
Go ahead...be risky. Read all the spoilers if you like :P

Well, spoilers. (And you hid it too late for me.)

I wonder what character does have the purest heart...
Rwen is troubled by her past.
Astari is an assassin in disguise.
Cyprus is a thief.
Abel kills, but in self-defense.
Pell is a swindler.
Sudi is a violent killer, but only in battle.

It might be Abel.

Eh, who knows, I only gave Abel a brief backstory in the character sheet, there is more to it than that. We'll just have to see. I like keeping things a secret so everyone gets surprised, I like giving surprises. The only time I might let something slip is if I send the GM a message asking if it's okay that I do a thing because of a reason.

I'm worse then a assassin in disguise. Im a racist assassin in disguise

But Abels not a hom so it's cool :D I mean uh... RACISM IS BAD!

I think my character would be pure of heart. Maybe not in the best of ways, but she fully believes that what she does is right.

There is a loop to it.

A pure heart of good can wield it, so will a pure heart of evil or some other quality. So long as the heart is pure.

Reactions: AAB
purehearted adj without malice, treachery, or evil intent; honest; sincere; guileless.

I don't think she would be pure of heart because what she's doing is meant to mislead.

Good point, but in this case I'm not refering to the context of our world's dictionary. Typically when legend are written they're written with linguistic loops due to aging/translation. It's supposed to feel the same here where the ancients used a phrase that meant something, then due to the time of age appears to be another.

Also, I'm looking at the word pure of heart. Meaning pure as in 'not mixed or adulterated with any other substance or material.' Not a heart that is without malice, which is full of what Madame Alabaster has to offer.

Reactions: AAB
Gaaaaaah, I've been asleep for the last twelve hours now, so I'll try to get another post in within the hour. Sorry for the wait, peeps.

That's a long time to sleep.
What time zone are you in? (I'm in PST -8.)

Status
Not open for further replies.