The Salvation of Madame Alabaster (OOC/SIGNUPS) (ACCEPTING RPERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed Ill be posting soon, just suffering government approved interweb troubles all day.

For the sake of pacing, I wont post Raziel's introduction to the Madame just yet. Ill wait for some more characters to line up to the Estate of the Madame so that the scene and announcements may be done in a crowd, now 1x1. Once a good amount (most of the registered RPers) make their posts, Ill make the reaction. Pacing is important to me here. Just remember your late characters can always come to the estate "late on arrival", which they will have a short scene before going off to the group..whenever they are since thats the only safe way to exit the walls outside the city (dont sweat it I have a plan for that). Otherwise your characters already outside the walls can meet them in some contrived way themselves :P

For more experience players, whats your opinion on pacing? Its always been my weak point so tell me if we go too fast/slow etc.

@Abel O'dell
1) Choose any NPC characters you want to play as and Ill brief you their information and plot importance privately.

2) Nice post !

Thanks :), and my opinion on pacing is to generally have a post order so everyone has a chance to reply and if there character doesn't have much to say on that post you they could just opt to be skipped. Makes things a bit more simple in my honest opinion and if there are any action scenes (which there probably will be) it's best that once they are done since they can be draining to have some kind of intermission, like a camp scene or something where people are talking or doing whatever, it also encourages character growth and the pcs to talk to one another.

Pacing is a tricky thing but I'm sure we can figure it out :) and I'll pick some npcs in a bit after I look through them all again, I only briefly scanned them.

GOd i stepped away fro a couple hours and someone posts before me.
NOW I FEEL INSECURE at the length of my post Dx

Sad first world problems

I know right? What a jerk! XD I liked your post though :3, quality and not quantity in my opinion. My posts always really depend on what I'm working with, sometimes I post massive walls in like 15mins and other times it takes me like 2 hours for a couple of paragraphs.

Reactions: JextheShadow
Thank you! you set my heart at ease good sir. I enjoyed yours as well! Once I have more then walking 40 yards into a estate I should write a little bit more ^-^

You are quite welcome mi'lady, I look forward to your posts in the future :)

tumblr_m76cgiDqjl1qe6ri8o1_500.jpg

Name: Makusudi "Sudi" Imani

Race: Homs

Class: Berzerker Dancer

Preferred Weapons:
Naginata, a Bladed Quarterstaff with a short curved blade on one end and a spike on the other
Two Curved Daggers

Starting Inventory: Large sack, sleeping mat, flint and steel, belt pouch, 20 torches, 10 days of trail rations, 20 feet of rope, two waterskins, her naginata and daggers, extra shoes, a simply-made straw hat, & cooking herbs.

Non-Class Skills:
Battle-Ready
Blindfighting
Dancing
Dodge
Move Silently
Survival

Magic: Soil-moving, like eroding the side of a hill for shelter or making dust for concealment.

Background: Beyond the wall, the land is wild and the people hostile. Sudi is a tribeswoman of the Samark Desert. She is wild, and her people are hostile. Especially her father, Kali Imani, the leader of the Spider clan. Kali Snake-Slayer he was called, for he was the warlord who had crushed the Snake clan. Sudi had been with him; she was a warrior as well, and had been trained by both men and women in the art of swing-dancing.

Swing-dancing is a skill that takes years of training and is only taught to girls who show great promise or who have impressive bloodlines. Sudi was the latter. Her father was Kali Snake-Slayer. Her father's sister was a swing-dancer who had slain a nest of true snakes without a bite on her. Her mother's sister had dream magic. And that was the start of Sudi's trouble.

"I dremd a tortoise ate a spider," Sudi told her father three mornings ago. His eyes had narrowed and he had commanded her not to say such things. The Tortoise clan were the Spider clan's greatest rivals. She was of the same bloodline as her aunt, and even if she did not have the gift, her dreams would be taken seriously.

Other: Sudi's people have been separate from most Homs for generations, and she speaks a different dialect.
Adventure Ho!

Last edited:
Okay my bad. I posted something too early and then my Cpu cut power. So Im not sure if I posted it or not. Ill read @JextheShadow 's post and get corrections where needed.

@JextheShadow the race is called Homs (with an M) , not horns :P

Thank you, i didnt mean to be rude if it came off that way. I was just curious
Dx

GOd i stepped away fro a couple hours and someone posts before me.
NOW I FEEL INSECURE at the length of my post Dx

Sad first world problems
Quality of quantity :P
I just tend to be very wordy ^^

Thank you, i didnt mean to be rude if it came off that way. I was just curious
Dx
Of course not xD
Until more characters make their entrance scene, I wont be posting for a while since all of my NPC characters are already in place to get the plot rolling.

I'll be able to post sometime today, hopefully. I look forward to it! ^_^

Figured our characters could do a bit of chit chat while we're waiting for more people to post :3

Given that all of our Homs characters are at the Estate, I willcontinue with my posts?

@SteelMoon can always come in bit later since his character is not a Homs. Remember, non-Homs are not allowed in the city, which is why I advised we begin with a Homs character if youd like to hop in and RP at once. Its okay if you switch characters and they part ways/ die .

Given that all of our Homs characters are at the Estate, I willcontinue with my posts?

@SteelMoon can always come in bit later since his character is not a Homs. Remember, non-Homs are not allowed in the city, which is why I advised we begin with a Homs character if youd like to hop in and RP at once. Its okay if you switch characters and they part ways/ die .
Nah I'm cool, I'l stick with my character, you guys run ahead. I'l read along and just lemme know when I can drop in!

Alright, I'm fine with continueing then :3

sorry for the slow reply, wasn't getting alerts to say you guys were posting in here O.o I'l keep a closer look in future

Not a problem. My second post is done ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.