The Ryos Flame

Kerhario continued to walk behind Miyako and she stopped when they neared the village. He stood firmly by her side and turned his attention towards the river. He was sure if the water was safe enough to drink, so he decided that he would ask the villagers about the water. He took a few steps ahead of Miyako and stopped in front of the gate when he sensed something eerie coming from the village. He gripped the hilt of his sword and tensed up slightly as the power seeped through the closed gate slightly, manifested into a black mist." Miyako, prepare yourself, I can sense a presence of darkness coming from within the viillage as well as the presence of the villagers. They are not dead, but whatever is in the village, it has made its home here. We must be careful."

Miyako looked at the gates and frowned darkly. "I hope it comes and attacks up right out. I hate hunting for things," She grumbled as she pulled out her bow, strung it and notched an arrow. She settled into her body, glad that she had decided to wear her pants instead of changing back into a kimono. She was also glad that her father had trained her to fight with her pack on her back so that she would be able to fight without a problem in such a condition. She glared at the wall and itched to jump over it and take out anything that got in her way to a nice clean sleeping cot. "Ready whenever you are Kehario."

As much as he wanted to barge into the village, he knew that running in carelessly would put them both at risk. Kehario lowered his eyes as he studied the black muist a little longer. The eerie feeling grew and a bit of sweat formed on the left side of his tempo. He held his left hand outward at his side in front of Miyako. "We must first think of a plan before entering. Just running in there may put us both at risk, or even worse, get the villagers killed. We can't afford innocent people to be killed. We both don't need anymore bloodshed before our feet."He looked back at her with slanted, slightly shaking eyes. I can't afford for Miyako to get hurt in any way. He thought to himself as he looked back at her.

"Come on Kehario, we need to take care of whatever is in there. The longer we wait, the more likely something's going to happen to the villagers, if they aren't dead already," Miyako said, glaring at the mist and the hand in front of her. She had a large feeling that he simply didn't want her to fight. Closing her eyes, she stepped back and looked up at the top of the gate. "What do you suggest then?"

Kehario looked at Miyako. She was right. They couldn't just sit by and wait. Each second was of value to the situation and each second a little more of the villagers lives were depleting. He turned his attention back to the gate. "We should enter from the rear side of the village. By the looks of it, we wont encounter any of the miasma and we can make a sneak attack. Lets get around to those trees over there." Kehario pointed over at some trees that hung high over the village left of them. The trees would give them a great look inside of the village as well as shield them from whatever was inside. He looked over at Miyako." Are you ready?"

((I would add more details to this but I only have 15 minutes to write it up))

Miyako nodded and started towards the trees that he pointed to before taking off her pack and sliding it underneath a root for safe keeping. As if reading his mind she motioned silently that she was going to take a look. With the skill of a tree climber extraordinaire, she was up in the farthest branches within seconds of placing her hands on the bottom tree branch. She did not like what she saw. The village was practically dead. No one moved around--even the animals were stock still. Frowning she crawled forward to look in further and to give him room should he want to join her.

(Its alright ^^9)
Kehario followed close behind Miyako, feelig the miasma slowly fade away with each step. The path they walked next to the gate, took them directly to the trees. In one swift motion, he jumped up towards a nd landed on it quietly. He looked down and his eyes lowered at what he saw
Anime_bat.jpg
Kehario had heard of these demons many times in stories. The demon was known as a draite. They took on the human form of women and entered villagers. Once they were welcomed inside, they would steal human life sources and grow in power. It was most likely that this demon was feeding off of the villagers at that very moment. He looked back at Miyako."Miyako we have to take this demon out fast."

Miyako shifted her bow a little and sighted, "Think I could make it before that thing got wise?" She was a pretty good aim if she said so herself, but it was the speed and the sound of the arrow that might alert and eventually get the demon's attention. "If you give me three more arrows from my quiver right now I could fire all four of them at once and hope that one of them hits." Her line of sight was blocked by one house and if the demon girl went behind that house, she'd lose the shot. Despite this complication she didn't rush. Rushing was the worst thing for men and women that worked with bows. Go too fast and you miss the shot, go to slow and the demon would have time to escape. One had to go at just the right speed in order to get their target. And that speed was slowly going away for Miyako.

Kehario turned his attention back towards the demon. He lowered his eyes and then gripped the hilt of the sword and unsheathed it slowly. The villagers moaned out in pain and Kehario flinched slightly. It was now or never."I'll move in first, since I am a swordsman. I'll distract her, so that you can have a clear shot. If she gets behind that house to the left, you can't hit her. But it will have to be quick. I don't know how long it will be before the miasma affects me as well." Kehario gripped his sword tightly, then jumped from the tree branch and landed in the village. The demon looked over at him and growled. Kehario gripped his sword tighter as he dashed towards the girl, only to be pushed back by in invisible force. He slide back and looked up at the demon as she altered her appearance

"What the?...."

Miyako gritted her teeth as the young man jumped in. She pulled the three extra arrows out quickly and got them ready by holding them in her mouth by the shaft. Shifting to a better position so that she wouldn't fall out of the tree, she aimed and froze when the woman changed her appearance after Kehario seemed to be pushed back. She released an arrow before jumping from the tree branch to a better one so as not to give away her position. She moved through the tree with grace and silence before she slipped onto the wall and then jumped and rolled to the ground after hitting the roof of the house that would have hidden the demon from her. Unsure if her arrow had hit the demon she went to the opposite side of the house that Kehario was on. She gritted her teeth as the miasma touched her feet. She forced herself to ignore it and peek around the edge of the house fitting another arrow into her bow as she sized up the situation.

Kehario looked up at the Draite and his eyes shook a little as her form had altered completely.

hi.jpg
Kehario shook his head at the sight of the Demon. She didn't look harmful at all, more like she wasn't even the one who was attacking the village at all. He looked at her for a few more moments, feeling Miyako's presence close by behind him. His left eye closed and he huffed a little. The Miasma was slowly beginning to take its toll. Kehario closed his other eye and dropped to his knees breathing heavy as his body became numb and his nervous system became shocked. Soon after, his energy slowly began to fade away.

(LOVE your little picture of Ikuto!)

Miyako felt rather angry when she noticed that her arrow had missed it's target as she looked around the building. Her pride as an archer was wounded. She hadn't missed a mark for almost three years. With that in mind she notched another arrow and looked to see what Kehario was doing and winced. He was already being affected? That didn't spell well for her then. She pulled the arrow back then blinked, a plan coming to her mind. relaxing the bow string without letting the arrow go, she turn and ran as silently as she could from the house. As she moved she felt the draw from the Miasma. Finally she slipped out from behind a house that was directly behind the demon and let the three arrows out in quick succession. As she had thought the arrows passed the mark where her first arrow had fallen after hitting a shield of sorts and hit the demon in the neck, spine, and last the midsection. Meilin had strung a fourth arrow and was ready to shoot again, slipping behind a building in case those three shots didn't stop the demon somehow from moving.

(Thank you very much ^^9)

The miasma was thick and it felt like wildfire danced inside his body. He moaned in pain. If he didn't get out soon, his life source would be completely drained along with the villagers. He struggled to stand up but it was no good. His body colasped again and the left side of his face his the ground. He closed his eyes and struggled to move more, and opened his eyes once again to see Miyako behind the demon holding three more arrows. Kehario struggled to speak, but he was to weak to even mutter one word. -Miyako, no run...- He said in his head as he struggled to move. Miyako let the arrows go and jumped back.

The Draite chuckled and stepped the arrows swiftly then looked back at Miyako as she jumped into cover. Soon after, it faded away and sat beside Miyako on leg folded over the other and hands resting behind her. She looked at Miyako with a smile, studying her as if she was an experiment, before grabbing Miyako by the neck with her left hand, holding her up as she gripped tighter.

Kehario's eyes widened. If he didn't do something, the Draite would kill Miyako.

Miyako was able to let out a gasp before the hand wrapped around her neck. She dropped her bow and arrow and clawed at the hand around her throat. Only she forgot that earlier she'd broken most of her nails while working with the corpses from Kehario's village. It didn't bother her though. She thrashed--kicking, clawing, anything--like a while animal trying to get away from a trap. She would rather go out fighting than hang there and wait for a man to save her. She could feel the miasma trying to tickle her senses. It made her tired but she couldn't stop fighting now. She couldn't die at the hands of this demon without having killed the other one first. She had to kill the creature that was killing so many. She... had... to.

Her mind grew heavy and her movements less frantic as if she were wading through water. 'No,' her mind said, fighting to get back to the better position, 'I can't die like this.' Her eyes flickered over to Kehario where he lay. Her eyes begged him to get up and with one final thrust of energy the girl kicked out and her foot connected with the demon's midsection.

Kehario tried to move again. Each passing second, his body grew heavier and heavier. He weakly looked up at Miyako, who was kicking and clawing at the monster. Kehairo's hair fell over his eyes as he dropped his head down to the ground. -No...I...can't...let....her...die!-He yelled in his head as he tried to move again. But to no avail, he could not move. He dropped again , but looked up at Miyako, who kicked the Draite in the mid-section,

The draite looked down at Miyako's foot then back up at her. she titled her head and grabbed Miyako by the ankle, then released her grip on Miyako's throat and held her upside down. She held Miyako up so that she was face to face and smiled. The Draite studied Miyako more then looked over at Kehario. Her face brightened and she flew down to the ground where he laid next to the building Miyako hid in and kneeled down.

She touched his head gently and smiled at him. It was very strange, why was she toying with them? Also, now that she was close, she didn't look like a Draite at all. Kehario could feel no dark presence from the girl as well. She placed her left hand under his chin and lifted his head, speaking softly.

"What a handsome young man. Its too bad you will have to die here along with your friend-" The Draite giggled in mid-sentence. "Oh well, it was fun playing with you both, but now, I must finish my meal and be on my way."

Kehario looked up at her and gritted his teeth. As badly as he wanted to speak, he could not make out words. His eyes looked over at Miyako. -Miyako, we have to do this together-

Miyako dangled there, held up only by her ankle. A dim part of her was happy that her pants were covering her. It was odd feeling that she needed to cover herself. In most fights she would have been more focused on the fight and not on what other people saw. It probably had something to do with the fact that she was traveling with someone this time.

Her eyes locked with Kehario as the Draite spoke. Gods the voice of the creature grated on her nerves. Miyako blinked once. And then again two seconds later. Would he get her signal? A third time a second later. Then she looked at the woman that was holding her upside down. Then back at Kehario. "'Rio," she gasped, finding it harder and harder to breathe as the blood rushed to her mind. She was starting to see spots in her vision. She blinked once, twice, and then three times. She tightened her bodies muscles and bent up, grabbing the arm that held her ankle. Her teeth soon sunk into the skin of the demon, the only real thing that the female archer could do at the moment. If she could just distract the Draite for a second it would give Kehario enough time to move--if he was strong enough.

Kehario looked over at Miyako. If he didn't act now, everyone would die. Kehario struggled to stand up and fell. -No...I have to move...come on body move....come on!- The more he struggled to move, the more it seemed that his body was being weighed down. it was as if gravity itself was sitting on top of him. He hit the ground again and grabbed a hand full of dust. "D-damn it..."

"Come now, handsome why don't you join me and leave this weak woman behind? After all, I can sense your power and I like it." The Draite placed her hand under Kehario's chin and lifted his head to look at her, getting eye level.

The mere sight of her eyes were enough to hypnotize him as he slowly started to give into her. As his eyes slowly lowered and he felt himself passing out, he looked at Miyako and locked eyes with her. -Thats right, I have to protect her and get this mystery solved. We both can't die here.-

"Come with me and rule this world. There is nothing that can stop us."

The sound of the Draite's voice made Kehario slip more and more into a deep sleep. As he began to fade, memories of Miyako burying the dead in his village flashed in his mind. -Miyako...I will...I will...save you...- Kehario snatched away from the Draite.

The Draite jumped back when Kehrio snatched away, dropping Miyako on her back and jumped away. "Damn you, human!"

Kehario stood up slowly, taking his time as he put his hand on his left knee and hoisted himself up, gripping the hilt of his sword firmly. "Miyako....can you stand?"

Miyako winced as she was dropped to the ground, having landed on her back. She gasped for air for a moment before rolling and pushing herself weakly to her hands and knees. "Relax Kehario. I'll be fine. I'm not—"she cough a few moments before glaring up to where the Draite stood.

"Don't worry about me, go. We have to save the village. They are more important," she said as she tried to stand up. But the girl's head was light from the blood and from the miasma. All she wanted to do was lay down and sleep. It sounded good, even if she knew that it was the Miasma and the demon causing it.

"Right." He said in response to Miyako's statement. The sickening stench of the miasma was more than he could bear. Kehario looked over at the Draite and gripped his sword tighter. "I have had enough of this damn demon." Kehario stood at an angle, glaring with fire in his eyes. He slide his left foot slightly outward. The wind picked up slightly and swayed his hair. The rage only built as the villagers constant moans rung in his ears. Kehario parted his lips slightly as his breathing continued to thicken. His lungs felt like they were being squeezed.

"Just how long do you think that you can resist my poison? Just give up and let me suck you life force dry already. I'm sure your high spiritual energy will make a filling meal for me." The Draite began making her way towards Kehario as she summoned her scyth in her hands,after her fourth step, she dashed towards Kehario."

Kehario winced a little. The Draite was faster than he had expected. The drifting wind trailed off her scythe as she slashed upward towards him with a twisted smile. Kehario back flipped a few seconds before it hit his face but fell to one knee breathing heavy. He gasped for air as the miasma thickened and his energy slowly depleted. "M..i..y...a...k...o" He sputtered out Miyako's name.

"Heh, You're pretty fast, but not fast enough. This little game has gone on long enough. I'm done playing around." The Draite's eyes grew red and she held out her hand and charged a small beam on her index finger."
211831229919.jpg
Kehario looked up at her as his hair feel over his right eye. If he didn't move now, the beam would kill him instantly on contact.

Miyako took a large breathe and watched as Kehario was attacked. She waited until the Draite had her back turned to her before she slipped a dagger from her boot out. Then, in a last burst of energy, the woman pushed herself from the ground and latched herself onto the Draite's back. Coughing a little, Miyako brought the dagger down into the shoulder of the hand that was charging the beam that would go towards Kehario. "I won't let a demon like you kill him," she hissed as the demon before releasing her grasp on the demon but not on the dagger. She dragged the dagger back as she fell backwards, the Miasma finally taking its toll on her body. She landed on the ground with a dull thump, her eyes starting to close. She had given Kehario an opening she hoped.