The Ryos Flame

Kehario smiled as the woman took her hand out of his after introducing herself. He even thought it was kind of cute. But he wasn't going to tell her that. After all, he couldnt show signs of weakness, no matter how beautiful she was. Very beautiful at that. His smile quickly faded as the woman removed a strange crystal like object and asked him if it was familiar to him. He looked at it for a few moments as the light glistened off of his then place his left hand on the back of his head, rubbing it in confusion. The village children would always bring strange objects into the village bu that object in the Miyako's possession was something rather new to his eyes as well.

"No, I am sorry. I have never seen such an object in the village like before" It seemed that the the demon that caused the destruction, had dropped it. He kneeled down next to Miyako and examined it a little closer" It seems like a sort of scale, but from what creature, that is a mystery to me"

Miyako turned it over and over in her grasp, her head tilting from side to side as if she were becoming mesmerized by it's beauty. It wasn't until she accidentally cut her finger on one of the sides that she dropped it and seemed to come back to the present. Wincing as she put her finger into her mouth and sucked the blood away, she glared at the scale.

"Well, whatever the creature is, I'll destroy it. I can't let it kill any more families." She scowled, pushing herself up, grabbing the scale up and stalking off to her packs. She had been reminded then that she was not on a leisurely trip that could be done at her own pace. She stuffed the scale away into her pack and pulled it back up onto her shoulder. "I'm sorry to leave so quickly Kehario, but I really do have to find this demon as quickly as possible. May you find what you seek, and may your loved ones pass to the proper places." she said, turning to bow properly to the young man.

Kehario gazed at the scale. It was such a strange, but beautiful color. what kind of beast could bear such a scale as such? He was stumped. His gaze was broken as the woman dropped the scale to the ground suddenly and put her finger in her mouth. He didn't have to see her finger to know that she had accidently cut her finger. He looked over at the woman in concern and worry. If she didn't properly treat her wound it could be infected. Kehario blinked twice as the woman removed her hand and picked the scale up, placing it in her bag, before speaking to him again. He stood dazzled at what the woman had said about finding the beast. Let alone the plight she had of killing it.

"Even if that may be the case-" He stopped in mid -sentence before walking past the woman and towards the gate, speaking again as he stood five feet away from her. "By the looks of that scale, its no ordinary creature and im sure that a symbol bow and arrow alone won't take it down" He grasp the sheathe of his sword tightly as he looked ahead of him

Miyako stared after him and frowned. Was he trying to pick a fight again? She wasn't just going to stop because all that she had was a bow and arrow. She couldn't if she wanted to keep her families honor in place. "And what do you suggest I do then?" she asked, defensively as she walked over to stand next to him. "Just go home and wait for some other person to kill it? No thank you. I promised that I'd kill the thing and I will. No one is going to stop me." She turned from him and started off down the road, fuming at the arrogance of man.

Kehario smiled a little "I am just concerned that a woman of your beauty may be hurt if she mindlessly rushes into battle. Based on one clue that she has found" He turned his head to look at her and maintained his smile, even though the woman was glaring at him. He placed a hand gently on her right shoulder and looked out into the distance ahead of him"I understand you want to avenge your fallen love ones, but we both know that if you go in unprepared, you will surely die" He lowered his hand to his side and continued to gaze out into the distance, quietly.

Miyako was staring not into the distance where he was looking, but at him. Much like a countrywoman staring at a noble man riding by that had smiled at her, Miyako was at a loss of what to say or do. It wasn't that she hadn't been called pretty before. It was more that it was so random and not from a man whom she had grown up around. "I-" she tried to say before looking down at the ground, her hands fidgetting in front of her person. "You are just trying to persuade me not to go. I'm a warrior. If I should get hurt than that is fine. I have no fallen loved ones though. I'm hunting this demon because I know plenty others that have lost people they loved and I swore to them that I'd repay to that demon in full what he took. No, I have no fallen loved ones."

Kehario turned his attention to her and noticed she was fidgeting her fingers. Although she stood there speechless, he was rather awed by the way she couldn't speak. It was strange though, he had felt his heart begin to race and skips beats slightly. As well, as he blushed. But he didn't understand why. Its not like he was interested in her or anything. Its just, she was so eye dazzling" Yes, you are very strong indeed. Any ordinary woman would have cowered in fear at my treats, but you stood your ground and I admire that"He turned his head of to the side, pretending that he was looking for something. Just so, Miyako couldn't see him blush.

Miyako felt herself puff up a little at the compliment. Smiling, she turned to look at the ground, "My, my Kehario, you sure do know how to make a woman warrior blush," she said, before taking a deep breathe and took a step forward. She thought about his words and came to a decision. He may be a jerk at times, but he had a sword. He might prove to be useful down the road. If he wasn't then she'd just find a way to dump him and go on herself. "What do you suggest I do then, since you obviously think that a bow and arrow won't work? Pick up a scythe and try wielding that?"

Kehario continued to look ahead of him until what the Miyako said, turned his attention towards her. By the way she asked the question, she seemed to have wanted to travel with him. Although she was strong and wanted to set out on her own. It was kind of funny to him because he knew full well himself that his sword alone would not be able to vanquish the demon. Believe it or not, he would need as much help as he could get."Well, I know we have only just met today. But, I was thinking that maybe we could work together on this mystery and find out what is attacking the villages. Its obviously clear that we both can't take this demon down on our won. No matter how strong we both may be."

"You are right, we only did meet today. How do I know I can trust you? I may travel by myself, but that does not mean that I usually go around associating with young men," Miyako asked, bringing up another point she thought that she should bring up. After all, she knew of many men that traveled with women warriors that tried to slip their way into the women's bedrolls. She refused to be that kind of warrior and would not travel with a man that thought that women were only there for that kind of traveling companionship. She watched him out of the corner of her eye, placing her hands behind her to hid her nervousness.

"Well, in times like this, we need to form alliances and battle our enemies. But, it would be a shame to lose a beautiful woman such as yourself to this demon, or even have you ambushed by bandits." Kehario looked aver aat the woman as she his her hands behind her back. Seems she was a bit nervous, but he couldn't blame her if she was. After all, that had only met moments ago. He turned to face her completely and looked at her as he spoke. "If you wish, I will even protect you from those dangers using this sword of mine." Kehario blushed slightly at what he said.

"You keep saying beautiful Kehario," Miyako said, looking away as she blushed with pleasure. It was a treat to be told one was pretty by a complete stranger, even if it was just a ploy to get her to allow him to go with her. Sighing she looked up at the sky and smiled, "But I would welcome your sword, though I might warn you that I am no delicate flower that will break the first time we are attacked. I know my way around a fight Kehario. I will not sit idle by while there is a battle around. I can't fight with a sword, but I can shoot, and that I will." She gave him a sharp look to see if he would refuse her the fighting. Women had an aggressive side--they just knew how to hide it with pretty fans with blades attached to the ribs--or so her mother had always told her when they had played fan toss with her fans that had hidden daggers in them.

Miyako was quite a woman. Kehario looked over at her when she blushed and smiled at her. It was strange to him that he called her beautiful so many times. But, he found himself feeling as if he had known Miyako for years. "I will not try and stop you from fighting, but I will ask you to fight along side me in solving this mystery. I can see a burning desire to fight in your eyes and that is what I admire. I look forward to seeing what you can do in battle. But, for now, lets make haste out of the village, so that the fallen can sleep in peace." Kehario looked ahead of him and waited to move out, once Miyako had gathered and recovered herself.

Miyako bowed her head and nodded. She did not see anything wrong with hi desire to leave, nor his intentions to travel with her. Turning she scanned the burnt village before bowing to it respectfully--another little thing her mother had told her to always do. "May you all rest well and find your way to the next," she told the village before rising and pushing her hair out of her face. Quickly after that she moved out of the village bfeore stopping and looking back at Kehario. She was not used to traveling with another person. "Would you like to hazard a guess as to where we should go?"

Kehario watched as Miyako showed her rrespect and bowed, before leaving the walking out of the village and turning to face him. He couldn't help but smile again, only to have it fade as the woman asked him a question."Well, I am not sure about where we are to travel next. But i'm sure that we will find some clues along the way. For now lets follow the path east of here. We may stumble across something that may help us out." He turned around and kneeled down on one knee and closed his eyes, saying a quiet prayer, then stood up again. He walked and stood next to Miyako."Lets begin our journey."

Miyako had remained silent as he knelt and said his own prayer, her head bowing just a moment to show respect again. She called up the map she had with her packed deep away in her pack where it would take her a good fifteen minutes to get to into her minds eye and looked at where 'east' would lead them. "I believe that there is another village about a day's travel from here if we head east. There's a river that way too. But that is from a map that is about ten years old. It might not be there and the river may have shifted." she said with a small smile and a shrug of her shoulders. They would find something, somewhere. She just hoped that food for the man wouldn't cost too much time to barter for or do labor for. She had little coin and she needed to keep that for arrows, or other necessities like medicines or herbs. "After you, Kehario" she said lightly as he spoke.

Kehario watched observantly as Miyako nodded one final time. As she dug in her bag, he placed his chin in between his right thumb and index finger as he tilted his head His other hand ressted firmly on his hip only to be removed right after, as he looked at the map Miyako took out. She had explained that the trip would take about fifteen minutes and that there was a river. That was perfect. They could refill their water supply. As far as food went, he had two options: He could hunt for his food or he could buy something to eat. He had quite a sum of money and he would even pay for Miyako's lunch. then again, she wouldn't trust him. After all, they had only just met. He spoke firmly as he began to walk ahead of her. "Then lets make haste, the night will fall soon and I'm sure we both know what dangers lurk in the night."

Miyako packed up her map and nodded, "I've camped out in these forests before now and I have to admit it would be nice to stay inside a village walls," she admitted with a laugh before starting down the way that they needed to go before smiling back at him. "Well, are you coming or are you going to stand there looking all philosophical for a little while longer?" As she moved away from the burned out village she became happier and lighter it seemed. She even started to skip. Despite this playfulness, her eyes were always moving about, and she kept her ears open for any warning that an enemy would give off for their presence--twigs cracking, footsteps on leaves.

He looked at her as she skipped happily, but still heard her question and stopped for a few moments. He laughed as he walked behind her."Yes, I am coming." She seemed rather cheerful about where they were going. Although, it was rather cute that she showed her more kid side. He found it interesting. He contiued to follow close behind as well as keeping sight and open ears for danger. The sun slowly disappeared. Night would be here soon.

Sighing with happiness, Miyako stopped and waited for the young man when they neared the village. This would definitely make things easier. Whenever she had tried to stay with a village they had always given her strange looks when they learned that she traveled alone. Maybe if she was traveling with someone else the looks would stop? She had passed by the river because in truth she didn't trust the water as much as she would water from a town that used the water a lot. After all they didn't know if the water would be contaminated somehow but in a village everyone used the water and thus would show that it was safe to drink. She fell into step with the young man and looked around them. "Shall we beg for a place to stay or offer to help in someway in exchange for the rooms?"